Final Story Rewards... (not sure if a bug)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Chrian.8642

Chrian.8642

So, spoilers be here, fair warning kiddos.

After the last story quest when you kill Zhaitan, you go back to fort, there’s a big celebration, and you get your rewards. One of the rewards is 5 boxes, each containing a piece of loot. Now, for me, the level 80 warrior, the items I got out of this were ranging from level 19 to mid-60s, blues and greens. In short, completely and utterly useless, and really not a very rewarding feeling for completing the story of the game. The question I have is whether this is a bug or not; are the rewards really supposed to be completely random, giving a chance to get nothing whatsoever of value? Or is this a bug/mistake?

Posted by: Woefke.8102

Woefke.8102

Maybe they are rewarding you by encouraging you to start an alt and transfer that gear to it?

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Ya the reward was a joke. It didn’t lie when it said get any item in the game. I’m guessing it has every single item fine and up ranging from level 1-80 in the table. So even getting a level 80 exotic from it will be extremely low

Posted by: Underdog.3276

Underdog.3276

I had a few of my guild mates tell me about these boxes. I just finished the story and I’m not sure if I want to open the boxes after hearing all the complaints. I’m thinking they must be bugged because atm, they are terrible rewards for finishing the story. Doesn’t make you feel accomplished at all.

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Considering I was given 2 exotics for clearing one of the 70-75 zones, that reward for completing the story is a bit… disappointing. I thought everything was supposed to be tiered :S

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Posted by: Erikon.6495

Erikon.6495

i´ll wait finishing the story then if all you get is crap. Thanks for the warning

Posted by: Chrian.8642

Chrian.8642

Yeah the rewards seem totally…. not a reward. Hence the post. I guess I’m not the only one though.

Posted by: aozakie.3769

aozakie.3769

Yes, you are not the only one… this is just… i even dont know what to say about it. I hope it will be fixed and those who used this boxes will rewarded again, because my 80lvl char dont need this 18-20lvl blue trash.

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

yep, it sucked. Was pretty much waste of time.

Posted by: StarsLife.7320

StarsLife.7320

You definitely aren’t the only one. I haven’t finished my storyline and am encouraging others to wait. Hopefully Anet will respond and say whether it’s intentional or unintentional before we continue.

Here’s another thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/End-of-story-reward/first#post29412

Posted by: Galpen.1345

Galpen.1345

There is another posting on this as well, basically the rewards stink, unless it is a bug of course