Fix Waypoint Camera bug already

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

This has been present since release. Since release ANet. RELEASE. Let’s go ahead and get a fix for this mmkay?

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I just wonder what bug you mean, I can’t recall anything wrong with Waypoints. Could you be more specific? Which WP? What happens there and why would it be a bug? I believe with more info it’s easier for devs to fix things.

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

Almost every single waypoint I go to, the camera gets stuck on the waypoint. I can still move my character, I see his icon on my minimap moving but the camera is locked on the waypoint. I have had to wait upwards of almost 7m for it to kick back in and go to my character. Literally almost every single waypoint. Since release.

It’s fun when someone links [Lowland Burns Waypoint] for Shatterer and I go there and miss the entire event because I am waiting for my camera to kick back into gear. Sometimes I can use the minimap and guide myself to the boss and try to tag it but it doesn’t always work.

I have, on many occasions, teleported to Eternal Battlegrounds to take Stonemist with the current server zerg and the camera was locked on waypoint the entire time and I missed the entire Stonemist assault. I will try to get pictures.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

This same thing has happened to me, too, albeit not consistently. My waypointing mostly works fine. I always felt like it was a loading issue.

Could it be related to lag, or slow CPU?

This might be something for the tech support forum.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have had this bug…occasionally. Maybe 5 or 10 times out of the 1000s of times I’ve used a waypoint. I have no idea why it happens at those times, but I am not sure I would classify it as a ‘bug’. Maybe more of an occasional ‘glitch’. Sort of like when you cross the portal into Diessa, and end up on top of that tree there. Lol.

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Is it tied to a race?
I’ve only ever seen it bug on Asura.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Nope, human main here.

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

That’s the slow-PC problem, it happens to me only on full details and only when zoning to a very occupied place (Shatterer event, LA bank etc.)
Lower your details, upgrade your drivers and if that doesn’t help, you have to upgrade the speed of your PC somehow.

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not true, it happens in zones with no one about, as well. Regardless of graphics options.

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Not true, it happens in zones with no one about, as well. Regardless of graphics options.

Well, in that case, it never happened to me.
Maybe it depends on the PC hardware specifications. I encounter also one type of weird behaviour, mainly in Black Citadel, my FPS suddenly drop to ~5 and stay like that, but alt+tab and maximizing back solves the issue. Kinda weird, right?

#ELEtism 4ever