Fix Your Download Servers

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: thekap.8645

thekap.8645

Arenanet you need to fix your download servers. I play alot of games and this is the only game in which i have issues when updating or downloaing. On a good day i may get 100 kb/sec for this game. Most games on the worst days i get around 12mb/sec download. This is not isp or internet related this is directly your servers as i have seen the same problem on multiple isps. Also the fact that i lose connection in the middle of updates and the client does not auto reconnect and resume download.

Calidorne – L80 Ranger – Commander

(edited by thekap.8645)

Posted by: seanshine.8791

seanshine.8791

I’m also having update problems. I ‘ve never had any ever until just now. In fact I was on just 3 hours earlier and now when I launch it says downloading 1/24 files. Speed is a unbelievable 50kb/s and then you watch it slowly decrease to 0 and doesn’t download anymore. It’s not my internet and I’ve even flushed my DNS.

Posted by: Roxianna.2563

Roxianna.2563

I have been locked out since Monday thanks to 0/kb downloads. I have played daily since launch with no issues so I am trying to be patient. I just bought $35 worth of gems I can’t use so that is making tolerance extra hard.

Fix your download servers.

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I was just about to hop on to make a thread about this.

Everyday since this new patch the game would have terribad download speeds, and by the time the game was ready several hours later it’d already be too late to play. (work in the am) So I come home next day to play and .. surprise! Another patch within the patch that downloads for a whopping 15kbps.

… occasionally the download would just drop to 0kb and not patch at all, I thought it was my internet but when I closed the game and immediately reopened, the download starts up again, teases me by going up to maybe 60kbps and then gradually drips back down to 0 as if my laptop is secretly a sadistic putz. To be even more sure, I tried patching an old game I stopped playing, and the patch was downloading fine. I even tried over and over again closing and reopening the game, each time it would start from between 10-70kb and inevitably fall back to 0.

So I come home today, thinking I’d be able to play, and two hours ago you dropped another patch within this patch. -_- Again the 50-0kb download. /headdesk.

TL;DR: Anet please stop turning me into Sisyphus. Fix your download servers. Turns out, it’s Verizon’s fault too. Internets…

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

Posted by: Lash.2743

Lash.2743

Yes. please fix your downloader. The last 2 days have been a disaster. Have to restart downloader after every file. Right now stuck on file 32. Please Fix this ASAP. Thanks.

(edited by Lash.2743)

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Posted by: Ellie.2840

Ellie.2840

Yes, I use FIOS. I have tried the switch to Google DNS, it didn’t help. Download of the patch last night and tonight stalls without ever completing.

Chaos Archangel.5071

Unfortunately, I am not a baller.

I do have verizon internet though, just… the crappy cheap kind. Its it only FIOS or all of verizon internet?

Posted by: Lash.2743

Lash.2743

I do not use FIOS. This problem began immediately after the last 2 updates.

Chaos Archangel.5071

This fix worked for me and a few others.

Hello everyone

This works very easily

1: Download a program called Spotflux, run the program
2: Run the game
3: When all the files are downloaded, you will notice you wont be able to log in. Disable Spotflux or delete the program altogether

Just reposting this from another post I saw here

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Unfortunately, I am not a baller.

I do have verizon internet though, just… the crappy cheap kind. Its it only FIOS or all of verizon internet?

It has also been reported on reddit to fix issues with not FIOS Verizon ISP issues.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: The Black SwordsMan.6548

The Black SwordsMan.6548

This is really making me mad… im constantly being booted out