Fix being kicked out of airship/terrace

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

There is absolutely zero reasons for kicking characters out of the terrace or airship if they are holding an active limited pass or an unlimited one. Fix this already. We have paid real money for the unlimited tickets and you’re making us watch the loading screens more than necessary.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Yeah it’s annoying.

I’d be happy to see this fixed, maybe add some sort of Cell / Prison (on the ship itself) where players have 2 options: Teleport away, or show the pass to the guard and get acces once more to the ship.

I put my character to LA before I log out, as loading 3x is not cool, not even with an SSD.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is no loading screen for the Terrace, but I understand there is for the Airship. Glad I bought the Terrace pass for that very reason.

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

I didn’t pay 1000 gems to be kicked all the time from the Royal Terrace when I log.

If I’m already there, why I have to click again and again to get in? The game should detect that you have already the pass in your inventory.

Please fix it, it’s so annoying.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey all. Sorry this is happening and thanks for this report. Recent e-mails confirm that the team is actively looking into the matter. I’ll post to let you know more when info is available.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Question: Are you unable to use your pass? Or are you concerned that you’re seeing multiple loading screens or are being required to re-log to re-use the pass?

Just checking, and thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No, the comments are the same they have been since introduction. Some players don’t like the fact that they can not ‘leave’ their characters in those ‘instances’ when they log out. Their characters are ‘kicked’ when they log back in. It’s either not a bug, but intended….or it’s a very long unattended bug.

I was pretty sure there was a Dev post about it being intended way back when, but I could be mistaken.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Thanks for the info, Ic. I’m glad it’s not a bug related to using the pass.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

On my desktop with an SSD the load time is negligible. On my old laptop that I play when out and about, it really is a pain to load twice, then click on the item to get back up into the airship.

If this is to fix players from loading into the zone, depositing the item in a bank. Then always keeping the character in that zone I understand how that could be a problem. A possible solution in the future add an option like the new mail express, where you can select a pass to attach to a character. That way the coding would only need to look at that specific spot rather than looping through the entire inventory to see if the pass is available.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Not a really a bug. It’s being kicked when you return to that character after switching to another/logging out. OP is hoping for a change so that the game sees that you’ve bought a pass and doesn’t kick you.

Refer to thread: Royal terrace guard-fix it.

Posted by: direx.8207

direx.8207

I’m just popping in to say that I completely agree with the sentiment being displayed here. It’s very annoying to log out in the airship and when I log back on I have to sit through 2 loading screens (the ship, then gendarren fields), and then have to load back into the ship to do my stuff.

This is very inconvenient to have to do considering it’s a Gem Shop item costing 1000 gems. At the very least it would be great if just didn’t have to sit through another loading screen when getting kicked and then again when loading back into the airship.

This whole thing is the only reason I’d prefer the Royal Terrace pass over the airship one, at least when I get kicked from the Royal Terrace I don’t have to sit through more loading screens.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

If either pass is in their personal inventory they should not be booted out just to double click and get back in again its redundant and is annoying. I feel that we could be able to log out and log right back in without having to get the boot each time we log back in.

my 2 cents.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Wreave.2138

Wreave.2138

One month later still a problem. (Or rather, one and a half years later, still a problem.)

At least I don’t have to sit through a double loading screen, but this continues to be quite irritating.

Irritating bit number two: My character equips the pass (which has no abilities), which puts her in combat stance, and won’t drop that combat stance automatically for a good while (several minutes).

Fix:
1) As others have noted, just do an inventory check before booting the player out.
2) Also allow the player to walk into the terrace if they have pass in inventory.
3) Get rid of the insulting dialog from the guard. Better, add some groveling and respect when you do have the pass.
4) Don’t equip the pass when I double click it.
5 (Bonus Points)) Allow me a revenge punt on the guard. Or replace them with new guards whose dialog says the old guys got fired for incompetence.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

5 (Bonus Points)) Allow me a revenge punt on the guard. Or replace them with new guards whose dialog says the old guys got fired for incompetence.

This! Soooo much this!

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

I own the permanent airship pass, and it’s really a nuisance if I log on to a character that I left in the airship.

You are loading Gendarran fields, then you see yourself for a split second in the airship, then you are seeing the loading screen again and after it is gone (which takes a while) you find yourself in the camp outside. Then you have to click the pass, then you have the loading screen again, and after this is gone (the 3rd loading screen) you stand in the lobby of the airship. You have to run in again to where you stood before.

For an expensive convenience item that costs 1000 gems, this isn’t really much of a convenience. Really.