Fractal drops were broken on the 3/18 patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Adonai.5071

Adonai.5071

Excellent work done there. I run fractals a LOT on all levels everyday, although I don’t have the numbers recorded like you did but i have noticed the same thing. Got more ascended chests and skins pre-patch than after patch.

I have to say I have never seen a more unrewarding game like this when it come to loots.

I wont have high hopes of a fix too, as this will make players happier (not Anet style). Over the past year I have seen many shortcut fixes in fractals yet the ones that get you stuck in terrains and bother your play are still existing. They Nerfed the zooms at bosses like on shaman so the player have a harder time seeing the boss attacks, a bit off topic for drops but to show how Anet choose what to fix and what not. They just like to grow the resentful players base they have.

Posted by: Dragon Shiryu.3469

Dragon Shiryu.3469

@ sMihaly
As long as we have recorded our drops we have not had a drop. A guild member from SC have one, but it was before we started recording it, so the chance would not be correct if we added it

he s so lucky

TC server, 1 pve warrior and 1 wvw guardian
ready to afk!

(edited by Dragon Shiryu.3469)

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

My friends wanted to run Fractals tonight, until they remembered that the drop rate hasn’t been fixed. We decided to do something else instead.

Champion Hunter

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

@ sMihaly
As long as we have recorded our drops we have not had a drop. A guild member from SC have one, but it was before we started recording it, so the chance would not be correct if we added it

thanks for the info!

Posted by: Your Game My Rules.5324

Your Game My Rules.5324

Do we have anything new for this? It’s kinda boring to get not rewarded for spending 1h in high lvl fractals

Cptn Zhu ~ A Haven Of Tranquility [Home]
Several GW1 goldcapes ~

Posted by: Dan Daze.9854

Dan Daze.9854

Do we have anything new for this? It’s kinda boring to get not rewarded for spending 1h in high lvl fractals

Sadly no, haven’t heard a peep from the devs in any format…

Posted by: Grinds.8459

Grinds.8459

Getting close to two weeks and no comments from a net? anyone notice stealth fix?

Posted by: DennisChrDk.9823

DennisChrDk.9823

Getting close to two weeks and no comments from a net? anyone notice stealth fix?

I just looked through the data, as far as I could see there have been no change to the drop rates. If they had fixed I’m sure we would have noticed

Posted by: Stonecaduceus.5638

Stonecaduceus.5638

Big thanks for finally putting some real data behind what I have been experiencing since the patch.
Used to be an avid high level Fractal runner. Have every fractal skin I want except one.

Haven’t gone back in a long time after I came to the sad realization on my own that someone broke the rewards in my favorite content.

GG Anet. Fix this. This data is glaring that you broke something.

80 Guardian/Elementalist/Warrior
Wurm’s Bane
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

Today we did another 2 runs, 30 and 38, got some uninfused rings (for 2 people) at 38 and nothing else…

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Bump
This should get more attention

Posted by: LorVan.1029

LorVan.1029

Bump
This should get more attention

I agree. As the “total chest” number in the document increases, and the percentages remain similar, it only gets more and more scientifically objective that something’s wrong.

Posted by: windowcat.7236

windowcat.7236

Gotta agree. Done around 120 fractal dailys (11-20, 21-30, 31-40) and got only 4 weapon skins & 3 ascended chests. Seems broken for me.

Odd Magnet.3970

push for visibility

Posted by: surcouf.3428

surcouf.3428

The german guild VITA also did some drop research over the past few weeks and you can find our results here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/efow2dkjmwcmjoz/Fraktale.xlsx. The file is updated with each run.

Our avg values match the results of [LOD]. Hope this will be changed in coming patches.

The summary sheet is english and the second sheet with all details is german. Sorry guys

Edit: Fixed link

(edited by surcouf.3428)

Veydar.5017

Front Page /chars

Posted by: Echo.9506

Echo.9506

Bumping to front page. This needs to be addressed, none of my friends will run fractals anymore due to the rewards being so low.

Veydar.5017

50 Dredge, not even a ring. Why do I run fotm?

Posted by: Riskeh.7958

Riskeh.7958

bumping to front

Posted by: DennisChrDk.9823

DennisChrDk.9823

50 Dredge, not even a ring. Why do I run fotm?

That’s a whole other problem about fractals. Other than the drop rates I do agree that thye have to balance some of the fractals

Posted by: Dan Daze.9854

Dan Daze.9854

Bump, don’t understand why this is being ignored…

Posted by: Your Game My Rules.5324

Your Game My Rules.5324

And not a single answer was given

Cptn Zhu ~ A Haven Of Tranquility [Home]
Several GW1 goldcapes ~

Veydar.5017

Bumping the bumps.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

It should be on the list™ by now.

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Soon™

Or maybe they are trying to give us mashed potato and gravy, instead of the potato that we are asking for.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Transparency-It-was-here-now-its-gone/first#post4019712

We ordered a potato ANet, just grab it, and hand it over, don’t go cooking something fancy that we didn’t order.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

Posted by: Kalen.1423

Kalen.1423

Bump, why is this not a top priority?

Rerolled [Re] on Gandara

http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Because gemstore is priority.

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Why hasn’t this been addressed yet? This is ridiculous.

This whole fractals debacle is a load of crap.

First we get our level reset, because of leaderboards.
Then the leaderboards aren’t released
Then we find out that the Fractal Weapon Box we were promised in the patch notes isn’t even in the game.
Then we’re told the fractal skin rate is going to increase
Then we find out it has actually decreased

This isn’t even touching on the fact that doing a level 50 fractal awards the same amount of gold as any AC path. Sure, if you add in the rares and exotics, you get maybe 3 gold from a run, but in the time it takes to run a 50, I can smash out AC123 and CoF run, netting me upwards of 6 gold. If it’s a long 50 I could probably get 10g+ in that time.

What’s going on Anet? This should be fixed by now or at least give us an answer.

noice

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Then we find out that the Fractal Weapon Box we were promised in the patch notes isn’t even in the game.

They actually have been coded in the game, they are just not obtainable because they drop in fractals lv 51+.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

They actually have been coded in the game, they are just not obtainable because they drop in fractals lv 51+.

Whether they’re coded into the game or not is irrelevant, as they can’t be obtained.

I’m no programmer, but I don’t think that it takes a lot of effort to add an item whose mechanic (doubleclick->pick something) has been already in the game forever.

If, say, whatever new legendary items they’re cooking were already in the game, it would mean something, as it must take some effort to design and develop them.

I wouldn’t be irked this much about it if they would at the very least give us a heads-up on the matter, whether it is to show that they’ve acknowledged the existence of the issue or attempt to debunk it by showing us their numbers.

Posted by: Kirito.9207

Kirito.9207

This is honestly depressing about FOTM. It’s my favorite thing to do on GW2, and when it looks like it might not be working properly ANET has nothing to say.

Just like all the Mesmer bugs..

Really sucks, makes it more and more difficult to log in and play.
At this point I refuse to purchase anymore gems until something is said and done.

Posted by: Nevra.5489

Nevra.5489

Hey all

I must say very nice to gather so much information about the loot!
and i can stand full behind the hole thing. I run fractals very often gathered around 40k fractal tokens. Prepatch i got some weapon chests most time crap stats but i got chests! now since the patch i got 2 armorchests and i run fractals 2-3 times/day mostly 29,36-37,49 since patch i got 6 fractal skins alone in the monthe before patch i got over 20, yes i was lucky pre patch with this, you could say i run 3 fractals per day and nearly had a chance of 100% getting a fractal weapon.
I noticed the bad drops aswell and started to do more dungeons bc you get just more out of it and just run 49 for fun and hope.
Whats bothering me is that the rewards from fractals is really bad, and they sad it is their high endcontent, should be challangeing and all which it isn’t really. but u get like 1g40s reward for 49 fractals and u need about 1h, sometimes faster sometimes a bit more depending on which fractals u get and if u play with guildis or randoms. in this time you can run dungons with not good speedruners! and get more cash. like you run SE 1+3, AC all paths just from the final reward u get more cash,6g75s, and ur inventory is full after that in fractals my 155 slots is pretty empty expect we got drege.

RECOMENDATION:
I would say start with 1g and increase it with 50s-1g every 10 level, e.g. 1-10 1g, 11-20 1g50s, 21-30 2g, 31-40 2g50s, 41-50 3g, i think this would be fair fractals high lvl same reward as arah for ex. arah p1 10-30min 3g fractals 49 25m-1h+. I just think that would be fair to boost the coin reward!
And you could add a golem which sells fractal weaponskinns for ex. 50 Pristine Fractal Relic and weapon armorchest for 70-100. this should help the players who don’t have luck in optaining their gear can use the relicts the got while trying to be lucky use to get the things they want. ofc the their will still be players who will be lucky and much faster but if your unlucky you have a assurance that you get atleast 1 weapon or box every ….. fractals and not just never bc you have a bad RNG, btw samebad stuff for teq u can do that kitten boss like 200+ and still have nothing.

And don’t listen to the qq about the grind aspect, thats the reason in the first place we have this, bc exo was so fast optained after patch. it should be meant to be a assurance that u get some reward for doing highlvl content.
I must say i liked the dungeon concept the best, all get the sameamount of tokens and can buy what they want with it, no luck no hidden mechanics just simple you do that you get that reward.

I really hope that Anet look at this because Fractals is really the last thing that holds some players but allready lost some due to bad drops => non rewarding!

Posted by: Kalen.1423

Kalen.1423

Is it really that hard for Anet to even acknowledge this thread and accept that rewards are broken?

Rerolled [Re] on Gandara

http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Is it really that hard for Anet to even acknowledge this thread and accept that rewards are broken?

We don’t even know if they are broken, or someone decided to stealth-“fix” droprates hoping noone will notice. It’s not like it hadn’t happened before.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ramona Flowers.7632

Ramona Flowers.7632

Biggidy Biggidy Bump

Odd Magnet.3970

Almost a month and still nothing, not even a “We know this and are working on it”

I really hope the patch today will change something

Posted by: Stonecaduceus.5638

Stonecaduceus.5638

Since there have been red posts spotted in other forums recently…time to BUMP.
fix this please. I want to run fractals again and be rewarded appropriately for the hardest PVE content in the game….

80 Guardian/Elementalist/Warrior
Wurm’s Bane
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Math Blaster.9410

Math Blaster.9410

Release Notes:

“Dungeon General

Adjusted the drop rates for ascended weapon and armor boxes in higher-level fractals; drop rates now scale better with each fractal level."

Looks like they fixed it – post your research!

Math Blaster

Odd Magnet.3970

I’d wait for research, they already said it would be better a few times, it got worse each time…

as long as it isn’t better as the pre 18 march patch, it’s not fixed for me