Game CONSTANTLY CRASHING.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

is it possible to remove HOT from my account?
cause i played the beta weekends nps, last 3 years no crashes.
and now i crash every 3 games in pvp , i cant play mor ethan 3 minutes on the new map, and www crashes after 1 hour of game play.
this HOT brought juts bugs after bugs.
do u even test this things?
IM SICK OF THIS OOM CRASHES.
FIX YOUR GAME….

Posted by: Haze.9647

Haze.9647

BUMP reply doesn’t mean much for the developer in my opinion…… can we get an eta? an update? when will it be fixed. its a tremendous problem and it is putting off players who coincidentally just purchased from you A NET. so take that money and use the time wisely.

Posted by: Yvilthi.5413

Yvilthi.5413

Agree, i’m dc’d like 20 times past week very utterly annoying!

Yvilthi lvl 80 human Ranger
Yv Ilthi lvl 80 human Mesmer

Posted by: Swift.1832

Swift.1832

Same for me, no crashes before, now a lot. Sucks the most when you got like 200% in participation, or just at the end of a chain, or in the middle of an organized meta and you reconnect and find yourself with no progression in an empty map

Posted by: catnip.7903

catnip.7903

had so many crashes lately… contacted support:
we tried few things, last being launching the game with “-prefreset” switch. it resets all the settings from the client, keybindings too. today i’m gonna test if it helped (what i noticed right after the change was the game running… better).

before -prefreset switch: game crashes 5-10 times per hour, but works perfectly (and ugly) on minimal graphic settings.

also 64bit talk is just stupid – game client is 32bit. having 64bit OS wont help.

What lies in the furthest reaches of the sky?
That which will guide the lost child back to her mother’s arms: Exile.

Posted by: danofzi.4870

danofzi.4870

Got “black screen” too often in good meta map without connection problem. 32bit only client may cause this kind of problem.

Dragonbrand Guild NNK
Ranger

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Posting this because I see too many people trying to fix things on their end when it is not their fault in any way.

Edit guess I wasn’t the first to link it, oh well.

As for an ETA, they’very known about this for 3 years. If it becomes a priority hopefully soon…

Reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3r3rul/can_we_please_get_a_dev_to_acknowledge_that_this/

Dev Response:
tl;dr: We’re aware!

First thing: we are aware. OOM crashes are the single biggest crash we have on the client side since the original GW2 launch; we’ve been hacking away at them for three years; and we recently added a lot of new tracking code, which we are analyzing.

Second thing: whoever posted that the problem is memory fragmentation is correct.

Third: Our test crew uses 32-bit Windows (XP!) almost entirely and this didn’t show up on their machines, so it’s something more subtle than the amount of RAM you have.

Fourth: The client is a 32-bit application; if it runs under 32-bit Windows, it only gets 2 gigabytes of RAM; if it runs under 64-bit Windows (which is 94% of our players) it has access to 4 gigabytes of RAM. But as I said, we ran the game a lot under [what we thought was] the worst scenario, which was 32-bit windows (XP!) and didn’t see these problems.

Fifth, if you have 32- bit Windows and 3-4 gigabytes of RAM (4 is the max 32-bit Windows supports) Windows will primarily use that RAM for disk caching after it creates the usual system tables.

Sixth: Someone is running Windows 10 in 32-bit? We have never tried that as far as I know. Holy moly. I suspect Windows 10 consumes a lot more system memory than older Windows, so that might be a key fact, and we’ll look into that. 32-bit Windows 10 sounds like the worst scenario.

Seventh (edit): Try making sure you are fully patched up before you play; the streaming client has been pretty successful for us but if it turns out something in our memory management system was on the edge, then streaming client might have put it over, as it can increase memory fragmentation. Just let the green bar on the login screen go to the end, instead of hitting play at “playable”.

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

Posted by: Thagyr.4136

Thagyr.4136

Hopefully there is a fix soon. I just crashed just as a Tarir assault started, in a golden armor with 200 participation bonus. I lost all of that logging back in and was placed in an empty map. Nearly an hour of events wasted before the final payoff because of this kitten crashing with no compensation.

SO much wasted time and effort because of this new participation system coupled with an unstable game.

(edited by Thagyr.4136)

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games. Stop releasing broken games.

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

This is getting out of hand. 3-rd time crashed on Tarir succesful defense… 3 times out of 4.

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

Suffering from OOM crashes as well. One suggestion I have is party up with people, so when you load back on, you’ll be in the same instance of the map, or can right click their name and join them if you’re put in another. Hopefully anet will fix this issue soon. I had no problems during the beta weekends, but after launch, I watch it eat at my available RAM until it crashes. And I have 8gb. :-(

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Same here. Does not matter where I am, game crashes after 1-2 hours of gameplay. Its getting really annoying.

Most of the times it happens when I open trading post, then I see big blue/green colors, then after a few seconds it crashes.
This also happened once when I tried using cooking station.

Sometimes it seem to just crash randomly.

Win 7 64bit
16GB RAM
GTX 970
Installed on SSD

I’m running on a win 7 64 bit also. Crashing way more then b4 launch.

I was fighting Mordremoth in a d/c party since it’s been happening so much. Near the end of the fight of course I d/c’ed again. Immediately rejoined map and of course it was a different map and I couldn’t rejoin my party since slots aren’t reserved and map was full.

I guess I’ll just w8 a month or so to try again. Hopefully in that time they’ll figure something out It’s disheartening to spend that much time doing a meta only to crash right at the end and get no reward for all the time spent.

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

I can’t remember which thread it was, but someone submitted a screenshot of a blue/green pattern that shows up in the Black Lion Trading Company window. I have noticed that this ALWAYS preceeds a crash. If I open the BLTC window and see that pattern, I try to log out because if I don’t it WILL crash next time I try to zone to a new WP or change characters.

Posted by: Farstar.9752

Farstar.9752

GeForce GTX 770
Intel i7-4771 CPU 3.50 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate

I have had this Issue occuring for months now. My game will crash 5+ time DAILY and i send in bug reports everytime. I have been Tagged up leading tequatl, Leading Vinewrath, WvW, Maguuma bosses, Tarir assault, You name it I lead it and I have CONSTANTLY been disconnected from the game. I have turned my graphics to best performance before fights to see if it helps with no difference.

It all started with the HOT beta and has progressively gotten worse every patch since then. The height of my frustration happened last week when I was leading a Tarir city assault and It was going to win. I was excited out of my mind cause I hadn’t won the event yet. Then as if some GM decided that he hated me, the game crashed, I lost everything for participating and Leading the event to victory… I logged back in and my buddies in my guild have their loot and offered their condolences, but because I had crashed all my map progress had been reset AND I couldn’t join their map to even get into the treasure room to use my keys because it was full…

I was so mad I couldn’t even sit down to write a bug report…

So color me surprised when the next day I try to log in to have found out that the guild wars team has found my character name to be inappropriate… two years on the character and nothing… now this? WHEN YOU HAVE A GAME TO FIX?!?!

I literally am writing this as I am waiting for fire elemental… and sure enough the ele gets to 1/4th HP and the game CRASHES!!!! AGAIN! That’s 6 times today!

Claw, Legendary Wyvern, META map progress in Verdant brink, Vinewrath, Teq, and now fire elemental. I have tried and tried to earn more gear today, more shovels for my guild hall and play with my wife, only to have the game crash repeatedly WHILE THE ANET TEAM TWIDDLES THEIR THUMBS JUDGING MY CHARACTER NAME TO BE INAPPROPRIATE FOR AN UNDIVULGED REASON!

I am SO upset right now I can’t even believe it…. Reparations Anet… So help me you need to fix this. Your team told me after the mordremoth invasion blunder this crap would stop happening. Well we are all still waiting for you to fix the game so we can play it and waiting for you give us something to make up for the hours we have wasted trying to complete events when your game punishes player for your unsquashed bugs.

Fix the reward system, Fix the crashes.

(edited by Farstar.9752)

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Issue-Reports-Heart-of-Thorns-Merged/5703544

Here it is. Shows the blue and green pattern and the user reports the same experience. If he sees it, he knows he is going to be crashing imminently.

Posted by: Guerrilla Radio.5947

Guerrilla Radio.5947

OMG yes! I am really annoyed by this too. The game is totally unplayable. I go in like 10 min…. join an event and 30 sec later I crash. If it is like this for the long run, I see no point playing this game – I can’t even in the first place.

How can there be no fix for this yet?

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

Have had some issues with crashing due to processor threading issues (known issue with the game) in the past, and those issues have jumped since the release of HoT. Unsurprising, but I know how expansion releases tend to be unstable regardless of game.

Honestly, it has gone smoother than most, far smoother, but instabilities are going to be a fact of life for about the first month or two. I’ve played MMOs for over a decade and I have not seen a release come without problems and bugs, a lot of them. That this game has had fewer, if more problematic, ones, is both a credit to the devs and an indication that they’ve taken care of the easy to fix ones.

Fixes, mind you, which can easily be the cause for this problem. If you’ve done programming, or any development work for that matter, you would know just how easily a fix to one problem can cause problems elsewhere. Especially in a game as complex as this.

Anyway, enough of my rant there.

A few fixes:

Run an installation repair. You can do this by creating a shortcut to the game and modifying the shortcut target in the properties window to “Full Guild Wars 2.exe path” -repair

If that doesn’t work:

Uninstall the client, redownload it, and reinstall the game.

If that doesn’t work:

Check your drivers. If your GPU drivers are up to date, roll back the drivers to a previous update. If the drivers are not up to date, update them.

Worst comes to worst, shut your system down, let it cool, fully unplug it and disconnect everything. Then open it up and clean the inside. You should do this periodically anyway to maximize the lifespan of the machine.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.

Posted by: caperaven.1052

caperaven.1052

I play a lot of games and I have not experienced this level of instability in a game EVER!
You can try and sugar caught it as much as you want,
Heart of thorns is killing guildwars for me because it is too unstable.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

The road ahead

As we continue to monitor Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ on live, we’ll keep pushing out bug fixes and polish and performance updates. We’ve reached a point where these will come bundled together in larger, less frequent updates as we prepare for the activation of additional expansion features.

This does not bode well. For many people GW2 has been broken since HoT launch, and anet is talking about slowing down and pacing out updates that also contain bug fixes and performance updates.

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

The road ahead

As we continue to monitor Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ on live, we’ll keep pushing out bug fixes and polish and performance updates. We’ve reached a point where these will come bundled together in larger, less frequent updates as we prepare for the activation of additional expansion features.

This does not bode well. For many people GW2 has been broken since HoT launch, and anet is talking about slowing down and pacing out updates that also contain bug fixes and performance updates.

Considering how actively they are avoiding to answer this on their own forum, it might be safe to say they are not working on a fix. They’ve had this problem since GW2 launch and it helped them to stick their hand in sand. They appear to be doing the same this time. Hoping those that have this problem (not majority by the looks of things) to fix it themselves or quit.

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

yes this is what i fear, they are going to just forget about this and move on.

The thing about that though, is that they cant.. It isnt just old hardware.. its new too..

The client has a problem and they HAVE to work on it soon or people are going to start leaving in droves.

As it stands right now, my wifes crashes are getting worse.. up to 2-3 mins vs the 5-10 she was getting a few days ago.

When i log in.. half my guild is no longer playing because when they log in.. they crash.. and many have told me that they dont even feel like loading the game up until its fixed because it is so frustrating.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

Btw.. was thinking last night that it could somehow be caused by the Halloween event.. since that code basically hasnt been changed in 3 years… But.. if it is.. does this mean we will get these crashes every time they do an event for holidays? Christmas, new years etc..

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

Considering how actively they are avoiding to answer this on their own forum, it might be safe to say they are not working on a fix. They’ve had this problem since GW2 launch and it helped them to stick their hand in sand. They appear to be doing the same this time. Hoping those that have this problem (not majority by the looks of things) to fix it themselves or quit.

The tables have turned now though. It isnt just a select few.. it seems to be about 50-60% of the server pop. People i have played with for years are now talking of quitting if they cant get this fixed soon.. why try and play something thats broken and wont let you progress.

Also… as for them not posting on their own forums.. i know right… why would they reply to my post on reddit and not here FIRST… BUT… since the reply was posted.. it has been linked here several time and at least people are aware of it now, no matter where their posting preference lays.

Posted by: DavidCoppafeel.3816

DavidCoppafeel.3816

I have always been able to run GW2 on Ultra settings @ 1440P, with dual monitors – browsers open, etc… but I agree with this post, and have encountered so many daily crashes while attending world boss meta events; I was close to giving up.
Dual Nvidia 980s in SLI
AMD FX-9590 @ 5.2 GHZ
32GB Ram
Win10 x64
It seems the problem lies within the gigantic population of players (which of course is a good thing!), maxing out memory since the client is x32 instead of any 64 bit version. For the time being; I reduced shadows from ultra to high, set frame limiter to 30, reduced LOD by one setting, and reduced character model limit by one as well. I haven’t had a crash in two days now – fingers crossed until this issue is resolved. I still have ambient Occlusion and all other DX effects checked/turned on.
It would be great if there were a 64 bit client made available Anet (hint hint, nudge nudge.) Assuming this is the problem.
That being said; Loving the new Xpac Anet!

(edited by DavidCoppafeel.3816)

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Another exciting battle cut short

Posted by: Amhiel.6195

Amhiel.6195

I am so sick of this constant crashing. I should have listened to my friends when they said pre-purchasing Heart of Thorns was a bad idea. Not like my system is garbage and yet the game crashes to desktop for no reason on my end. I can even be looking for something in my bank and the game will suddenly crash. Now I need to do these big events to collect zone currency yet I crash halfway through the event, then log back in only to be put on another map that isn’t doing said event. Huge waste of time even attempting to do them at this point. The crashing used to happen every few days and you never bothered fixing that then HOT came out and then I started crashing once a day. Now the last 4-5 days I have been crashing every other hour. Bugs I get, I know stuff like that happens but constantly crashing es no bueno. Game crashing should be priority numero uno. Nothing is more important than having a game that actually runs.

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

And it’s done it again… Geez..

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Still crashing, but got +10 FPS and the crashes to take 40-60 mins before happening last night by sliding FOV, horizintal postion near and far all the way to the left.

The world looks small and cloister phobic that way, and it looks like I move so slow. Please fix OOM or give official revisions to minimum specs soon.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

DavidCoppafeel.3816

Have had some issues with crashing due to processor threading issues (known issue with the game) in the past, and those issues have jumped since the release of HoT. Unsurprising, but I know how expansion releases tend to be unstable regardless of game.

Honestly, it has gone smoother than most, far smoother, but instabilities are going to be a fact of life for about the first month or two. I’ve played MMOs for over a decade and I have not seen a release come without problems and bugs, a lot of them. That this game has had fewer, if more problematic, ones, is both a credit to the devs and an indication that they’ve taken care of the easy to fix ones.

Fixes, mind you, which can easily be the cause for this problem. If you’ve done programming, or any development work for that matter, you would know just how easily a fix to one problem can cause problems elsewhere. Especially in a game as complex as this.

Anyway, enough of my rant there.

A few fixes:

Run an installation repair. You can do this by creating a shortcut to the game and modifying the shortcut target in the properties window to “Full Guild Wars 2.exe path” -repair

If that doesn’t work:

Uninstall the client, redownload it, and reinstall the game.

If that doesn’t work:

Check your drivers. If your GPU drivers are up to date, roll back the drivers to a previous update. If the drivers are not up to date, update them.

Worst comes to worst, shut your system down, let it cool, fully unplug it and disconnect everything. Then open it up and clean the inside. You should do this periodically anyway to maximize the lifespan of the machine.

I agree with this – I only wanted to add: Check the last 2 options you mentioned – 1st. As these are simpler solutions before re-installing/downloading the game.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

i want a playable game or a refund.totaly sick of this crap

Posted by: YaslanaX.9135

YaslanaX.9135

I have been trying forever and today I have spent 10 hrs trying to get T4 Brink to get my chest but I can’t because you released an expansion that keeps crashing and I feel that you basically robbed me. You have always had a problem with crashing but now I am crashing every other hour and today every time I get close to T4 at night I crash, get sent to another map and lose all my Participation percentage. This is the worst game I have ever bought. Not because the content is bad but because it doesn’t allow me to play without losing my progress that is needed to get credit for something I keep working toward over and over. ty for the garbage product. I was the guinea pig and now my friends all moved on. From what’s been happening to me they have decided to play something else. Again ty so much for taking my money in exchange for a broken game.

DavidCoppafeel.3816

Posted by: Kitten Commander.8952

Kitten Commander.8952

I can’t use the 64-bit client – As a Mac user, this game has become almost unplayable.

I mean I’d upgrade or just buy a new computer if that were a possibility, but I need to eat sometimes too.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

This is REALLY kittening annoying now, every time i get onto a good map that has a chance in doing the meta events, the game just flat out crashes to desktop. how is this NOT fixed yet? This should’ve been a TOP priority.

If someone disconnects from the game, they should have a spot on that shard reserved for 3+ minutes at least to prevent bullkitten like this.

A WHOLE two hours without a crash.

We didn’t pay for crashing – we paid to play a game.

We didn’t pay for continuing bugs and crashes and mechanics that don’t work as intended or as in any tool tip, and the lists are far too long to list here…

I am SICK of seeing this.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security