I can’t purchase gems

120904-009678

Unresolved

09/04/2012

FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: demonafla.9603

demonafla.9603

I am also having an issue with not being able to purchase gems. I have both a valid paypal account and a valid credit card. I have purchased gems several times in game since the launch with no issues. Now I am unable to complete a transaction with either payment source. I have posted a ticket with support (120904-001513) with no response to the issue. When the final step of the transaction is supposed to appear I am bounced out to a GW2 page that advises me it was not able to be completed.
From the players side of things… in game purchases for items such as Black Lion chest keys or transmog stones are part of the game experience. Unopened chests sitting in my bank take up space and are useless yet they are there for us as part of the “fun” factor. Earning keys from chest rewards is fine but not frequent enough to make a difference. From a business side of things…everyday the gem store is down (for those of us that want to purchase an item) is a day that the business part of the game has lost income. Assistance is appreciated and thanks!!

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Same issue – unable to buy gems. Approval failed.
Tried two cards – a Mastercard credit card and a BoA Visa debit card.
The Mastercard was used successfully during one of the beta weekends to test purchase gems, which I received and were on my account at launch – but it won’t go through now.
Wish I had known others were having similar problems – I would have put in a ticket earlier – was assuming it was an overloaded server and waited for a couple days before putting the ticket in.
[Incident: 120904-004756]
[—-001:000693:06135—-]

Posted by: Raine.4582

Raine.4582

Hi, I purchased some gems today and have not received them, but my credit card has been charged and I received the confirmation email:

Order number: 28522828
Order date: 9/5/2012

Incident: 120905-004475

Posted by: Luth.6915

Luth.6915

Thanks for the reply man but it didn’t work. I just have to wait for customer service to respond to this I guess =/

Posted by: Isurus.7941

Isurus.7941

Chest keys and items from the trading post art being received by me either hope this gets worked out

Posted by: DaleYYC.8395

DaleYYC.8395

Buying Gems [Incident: 120904-006931]

No Response.

Wynter

Posted by: Karmic.7583

Karmic.7583

Same credit card issue , card approval failed.

Ticket Number:120902-002899

09/01/2012

(edited by Karmic.7583)

Posted by: Twanzie.4853

Twanzie.4853

Ticket Number: 120903-000782

Bought 1600 Gems the other day and Spent 800 of them but it seemed lagged out like other people have reported. I reopened the store and the gems were gone but out of curiosity and testing purposes on Arena nets behalf I tried making another purchase however this time my item was received and it was logged in the recent purchases unlike the others. However I am still 800 gems missing from my other purchases that occurred during the lagged state.

Posted by: zorifour.2173

zorifour.2173

Ticket number: [Incident: 120903-003159]

Bought 5 Black Lion Keys, the gems got removed but the keys never arrived.
Please help and thanks.

Posted by: elemental.8954

elemental.8954

Gem store ate my 600 gem
i buy dye pack 3 ea
at time 5.45 am

ty

Posted by: fremon.9810

fremon.9810

heres a bump hoping to get an official reply

Posted by: Light.6095

Light.6095

Ticket number: 120903-005271
On 9/1 I bought a character slot for 800 gems. After some time the gems were removed, but until now I did not receive any character slots. I’ve waited 2 days before submitting a ticket, so I’m waiting 5 days total now.

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

What about deliveries when your mailbox is 0/10 but has mails from npc’s? I’ve kept some for nostalgia purposes, but I can screenshot and delete them later to see.

Gem store sent me some of the dye packs I bought, thentwenty minutes later I tried to buy another. The gems weren’t deducted, so I thought I hadn’t clicked it, did it again, nothing. Five minutes later the 400 gems were gone, no dyes sent. I put a website support ticket in on the 2nd, waiting for a reply.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

Posted by: Iampiano.1483

Iampiano.1483

Haven’t been able to buy Gems since last Monday.

Ticket: 120905-005295

Posted by: Siaer.7384

Siaer.7384

Ticket: #120905-005332

Purchased 800 gems which arrived immediately. Spent them straight away on an additional character slot. The gems were deducted but no character slot was enabled for my account.

Posted by: Iampiano.1483

Iampiano.1483

Haven’t been able to buy Gems since last Monday.

Ticket: 120905-005295

Ugh, was able to buy $20.00 worth, but not $10.00 worth.. Weird.

Update: What I bought with the gems hasn’t arrived in my post yet…

(edited by Iampiano.1483)

Posted by: Rage Eterna.2685

Rage Eterna.2685

I too have the same problem, even though the first time I tried buying the gems I was successful. After that, it just refuses to validate the same credit card I used to order with previously.

Incident: 120828-016518

Posted by: Agenteusa.6380

Agenteusa.6380

Seems pretty clear to me (despite ANet saying it’s a credit card problem and was deemed risky by their service) that it’s their service that isn’t working properly.

I’ve been using my CC in several payments for quite a number of years now never had any problems. In fact like I stated above I used it in GW2 once and it worked.

Now seeing the number of problems people are having I have to come to a conclusion that:

A) either your service has a problem or technical issue
B) your service sucks as it doesn’t work to the standards it should

I mean come on ANet people want to spend MONEY in YOUR store and they can’t?? That’s got to be a bit ridiculous hmm?

Posted by: Queril.9154

Queril.9154

Reference #120904-001656

When using credit card – Card approval Failed error.
When using paypal – An error occurred finalizing your purchase.

Keeping it simple. Also just for reference, do not know if true or not.

http://www.guildwars2forum.com/threads/10401-gem-store-working-for-anyone/page2

Posted by: SeventhSon.8172

SeventhSon.8172

1) Bought Gems
2) Recieved Gems
3)Converted Gems To Gold
4)Bought 3-4g worth of crafting material
5)Took the coins, no purchase confirmation, no items, no refund.

Trade Post worked fine for me, even after update until today.

Posted by: InternetKillTV.5798

InternetKillTV.5798

I just spent £8.50 on buying gems, the purchase went through and I did not receive any!

So I’ve had 5 gold eaten and didn’t receive gems!

Please help!

“Choose Happiness”

5 Years Later, We’re There!

Posted by: Talisar.9754

Talisar.9754

I also am receiving a message indicating that my credit card transaction failed when trying to purchase gems. Additionally, PayPal transactions fail as well. I submitted a support ticket on the matter #120831-013201. This same issue is happening to 3 of the 4 accounts which are active in my household.

Posted by: Narwain.6314

Narwain.6314

I’ve just bought an extra charachter slot in the Gem Store, the 800 gems were withdrawed (even if not immediately) but the charachter slot didn’t appear in my “characther selection”, what’s happened?
Someone got the same problem? How can I solve it?

Posted by: amigetman.6190

amigetman.6190

Just posted my 3rd ticket, i purchased black lion keys with gems and did not ever receive them, i exchanged my gold in for gems and there’s nothing more frustrating then not receiving something you paid for in a main stream game…. Thanks if you finally look into this, here’s the ticket number. #120905-005579

Posted by: Shadowfox.7801

Shadowfox.7801

Greetings. I reported this in-game but got no reply. I spent 225 gems on transmutation stones and did not receive them. To be clear, the gems are gone from my account, but I did not receive the transmutation stones I used them on. I understand that there are some issues with the trade system and such, but would still like to have some confirmation that the issue is being looked into. Thank you.

Posted by: Kaeziel.5173

Kaeziel.5173

Seems pretty clear to me (despite ANet saying it’s a credit card problem and was deemed risky by their service) that it’s their service that isn’t working properly.

I’ve been using my CC in several payments for quite a number of years now never had any problems. In fact like I stated above I used it in GW2 once and it worked.

Now seeing the number of problems people are having I have to come to a conclusion that:

A) either your service has a problem or technical issue
B) your service sucks as it doesn’t work to the standards it should

I mean come on ANet people want to spend MONEY in YOUR store and they can’t?? That’s got to be a bit ridiculous hmm?

Used mine for 2 years with ncsoft (aion) for regular cash shop item such as surgery ticket and skins…subs…Besides if you bought the game itself on THEIR site with the SAME card,it just plain stupid to refuse the card for gems purchase.

Called bank and they aint blocking the payment,in fact they actualy told me anet never even tried to process it.So its not on our end.

Indeed realy frustrating,its like asking someone to take ur money,ridiculous.

Posted by: spacebear.9263

spacebear.9263

Here’s my ticket number: 120903-010328

I previously bought gems when the game launched and now I’m receiving an error with both my credit card, my friend’s credit card, and PayPal.

Posted by: Tulerezzer.2389

Tulerezzer.2389

Almost identical situation here. Bought a dye pack for 200 gems, gems deducted, no item mailed to me.
Afterwards I got the free hat and it was sent to me right away.

But, minutes before that i did buy some black lion box keys and got them no problem /shrug

Posted by: cookie.1382

cookie.1382

120905-004622
heres my ticket number, 3 credit cards and paypal payment approval failed, help please

Posted by: Agenteusa.6380

Agenteusa.6380

Used mine for 2 years with ncsoft (aion) for regular cash shop item such as surgery ticket and skins…subs…Besides if you bought the game itself on THEIR site with the SAME card,it just plain stupid to refuse the card for gems purchase.

Called bank and they aint blocking the payment,in fact they actualy told me anet never even tried to process it.So its not on our end.

Indeed realy frustrating,its like asking someone to take ur money,ridiculous.

Yes, I bought the game with the same card and as I mentioned i already used the exact same card ingame to buy Gems!!!

It doesn’t make any sense…

Posted by: VisualDeadlock.2163

VisualDeadlock.2163

it seems their response is something really cryptic too. what is causing the restrictions? Perhaps if you tell us we can contact our bank/Paypal to resolve it so it doesn’t happen again. One guy said he was going to remove the restriction so the person can make a purchase within a 24 hr window um, ok wtf? What about future purchases?

This is why this game should have had an authenticator, that maybe you can slim down the security a bit, or everytime you perform a transaction, you have to submit your secutiry code from the authenticator…sheesh

Posted by: MsNineTailz.9508

MsNineTailz.9508

yep same problem wish anet would hurry up and fix this crap

AMD-FX 8350 16GB RipJawX DDR3 AMD Radeon R9 270X.

Posted by: Dumbo.8167

Dumbo.8167

You obviously payed for all the people getting one or two extra character slot with each purchase. :P

Posted by: Kaeziel.5173

Kaeziel.5173

Calling bank wont make any difference for card approval failure,i did and they actualy checked who tested the card and nothing showed up.Anet isnt even trying the card before deying them.Althought it was a good card enought to buy the game right…

If you have problem buying gems it wouldnt be a bad idea to make sure ur bank isnt denying the request but i bet these problems are more on anet ends…security wise,fail.

Posted by: VisualDeadlock.2163

VisualDeadlock.2163

something odd or something really minor is causing accounts to be flagged as high risk, and they won’t let you make purchases.

Posted by: Gods Thumb.8327

Gods Thumb.8327

Ticket Number: 120825-031191

I’m having a different problem though, I am able to buy gems. I purchased black lion salvage kit and keys with my gems and never received them ingame.

Posted by: Garkaun.6103

Garkaun.6103

My 12 digit incident number is #120905-005964.

Posted by: maximumpanda.5178

maximumpanda.5178

bought a very large number of gems this morning. #120905-006213

never got any of them, but my bank says that the charge has been processed on their end. so would appreciate your assistance.

Maximumpanda – Director of – Ruin Gaming [Ruin]
Desolation [DESO]

Posted by: Pangurban.3642

Pangurban.3642

I’ve also been having issues trying to buy gems since last Friday, I get “Card Approval Failed” when I add my card in game, and I get “An error occurred finalizing your purchase” when I use PayPal.

Incident Number – 120901-002386

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

Dyes not delivered, 400 gems down:

120903-002645

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

Posted by: Justin Beaver.1957

Justin Beaver.1957

Cannot use paypal to purchase gems. Ticket submitted last night:

120905-002208
an error occurred finalizing your purchase.

Posted by: Dinovash.2791

Dinovash.2791

I bought a couple of Dye Packs and two Character Slot Expansions today and I received none of the Dye Packs and only one Character Slot Expansion but all Gems were removed for those items bought.

Made a ticket on the NCSoft Support site (Incident: 120905-005408) and waiting since.

- Ashley Dinova -

Posted by: Mephis.9162

Mephis.9162

During the headstart, I was able to buy gems, with no problem what so ever, but now for some reason (And by ‘now’ I mean since last Friday) I keep receiving the same error at the end of the transaction.

120902-003380 (Original incident/reference #)
120905-004363 (Current / latest one)

“An error occurred finalizing your purchase.” – Paypal
Debit / Credit cards said that they were not valid.

(edited by Mephis.9162)

Posted by: WBL.6715

WBL.6715

Delete your old mail. If your mail is full, you won’t receive it.

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

Make sure your mailbox is not full (max is 10).

Posted by: Soloan.9165

Soloan.9165

This is where it becomes serious business.

I also lost out on about 2g of mats, (finger’s crossed they still make it my way) but I only used in game gold.

With gems and the real money involved however missing items become a much bigger issue.

I’m hoping we can get a response from Anet asap.

Posted by: Alinor.8719

Alinor.8719

I bought a lot of gems for 2 bank and 3 character slots and a few mini packs for my collection since the head start, since the 29 august I could not anymore because of the Authorization error, opened a ticket (120830-015146) on 30 august (still no answers). also tried with my paypal … Called my bank and they said that Anet did not even tried to process the payments. I’m trying every day since then. so this is a problem from Anet. This is frustrating.

Posted by: Trik.6197

Trik.6197

Hey Im getting the “approval fail” error too.
Tried to buy some gems and it wont work.
here is my ticket number

120905-006800

Posted by: BlackFenix.7591

BlackFenix.7591

My incident ticket 120903-001227

thank you