Ghastly Longbow Bugged Glow [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: markgringo.6521

markgringo.6521

I can confirm that as of today the Ghastly Longbow is still bugged and stops the animation.

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

I have the same problem, still broken.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

This has turned out to be a more complicated issue than fixing the rest of the Ghastly weapons, but we’re still working on figuring out why the bows are losing their effects. Thank you for your patience, everyone!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: DichaLimao.2157

DichaLimao.2157

Just recently bought the ghastly shortbow. I can confirm the bug. The weapon glows every now and then, but I think it’s supposed to glow like the greatswords, swords and other weapons.
In addition I would like to thank Jason King for the ongoing heads-up on fixing the problem.
I hope it won’t last longer.

With regards,
Limao

Posted by: Abyssus.9314

Abyssus.9314

Hello.

Is there any problem with the visual effects of Ghastly Longbow? I have one on my Female Human Ranger, and it’s not glowing every time is night. Even more, when it is glowing and I attack, the glow goes off and comes after I relog. Is this normal or is it probably a visual bug?

Posted by: Lielle.9674

Lielle.9674

Still not working…
I was so excited that in this new patch it would be fixed

:(

Posted by: The Freaker.9176

The Freaker.9176

I also have the problem with my shortbow, but I trust that Anet will fix it

Posted by: DichaLimao.2157

DichaLimao.2157

Well it has been 4 months so far, and they have fixed some issues concerning legendaries and their effects. I truely think this bug should have some importance, especially in a game that emphasizes on the skins of weapons and gear rather than stats. If I had seen this post before I bought my ghastly shortbow I wouldn’t have spent so many tokens for this weapon.
I really hope the staff from Anet considers this issue as a bug with some importance

Posted by: Sam.2014

Sam.2014

It would be nice if this would get fixed, the bow is beautiful, but with the glow at night it’s so special!

Posted by: zondarus.5798

zondarus.5798

I bought the ghastly sword yesterday, I logged on this morning after 2AM server time, no glow.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I bought the ghastly sword yesterday, I logged on this morning after 2AM server time, no glow.

You know it’s only supposed to glow when it’s night time in game, right?

Posted by: The Freaker.9176

The Freaker.9176

@DichaLimao: I agree with you. Arenanet has always been of the aesthetics, so I am sure they will fix it. We just have to be patienced. But imagine how awesome the bows will become when they are not bugged anymore…^^ Oww the excitement…

Posted by: Krikr.2094

Krikr.2094

Particle effects on the bow STILL disappear after one shot, would be good if this was fixed months after the problem came up.

Posted by: Yeti.5267

Yeti.5267

Ghastly Short Bow glow is still not fixed. Glow disappears as soon as the bow is used.

Posted by: Sabertooth.2374

Sabertooth.2374

the ghastly longbow looks really cool with the animation but the animation completely stops when you attack and i would greatly appreciate it if this was fixed

Posted by: kraylon.7324

kraylon.7324

Haven’t seen anyone mention it, but on the Ghastly Longbow, the bottom swirly-particle effect is much much larger than the top. I sure hope its not intentional.

Attachments:

Posted by: SoulCollector.3706

SoulCollector.3706

Ghastly shortbow Glow stops after shooting it as well on a Male Charr Theif

Posted by: Glorius.4067

Glorius.4067

I can confirm that the Ghastly short bow glow effect works the opposite of normal ghastly weapons. it does not work when u fire. i want to say plz fix this its a beatiful weapon and many rangers 80% use it.

Posted by: FlabberGast.6032

FlabberGast.6032

Why not let it glow all the time? i mean if you want the glowing ghastlys and grind the dungeon a few times for it, you might expect that you get what you want..

Just my opinion.

Regards

Posted by: Drizzt.9238

Drizzt.9238

I just bought a Ghastly longbow. Didn’t know it was bugged until I bought it. Just found this forum. This forum started 5 months ago! Can we get an update/response please from gw2 about the progress being made on this issue. It must be really complicated to fix this bug, because it’s been 5 months since they started working on it. please fix it soon. I like my bow with the effects, however the bow looks to plain without it.

Posted by: darkknightt.6825

darkknightt.6825

Can we please get an update on this? I have had my longbow for awhile now and it only glows very rarely when I know it is supposed to be glowing all the time at night and I really want to see that. Any time frame as to when it might work again the correct way?

Posted by: Uzroan.4781

Uzroan.4781

A little bump. Got the same bug here since I bought the bow yesterday. Really disappointing, especially when the bow turn blue without the particles effect, it look really bad. I hope we will get a fix soon.

Yeti.5267

I love how this bug has been here since day 1 of release.

Posted by: Bastar.8012

Bastar.8012

I still have this bow on my thief to match the epic daggers. I have kept it with the faith that Anet will fix this.

I have had this bow since October.

Posted by: Kierwynn.5691

Kierwynn.5691

just showing my support for this fix…

I was excited as heck, spent like $35 in gems to level up via crafting (sold gems for gold) to rush to 80 to get this bow… only to hear of this bug AFTER buying it…

Yeti.5267

bumping this kitten bug

Posted by: Dean.9025

Dean.9025

i can’t believe you have people working on ingame barbie and ken doll minipets but you still haven’t fixed bugs that have been dissapointing players since launch.

Yeti.5267

bumping for an update on this

Posted by: Cacti Eleven.9135

Cacti Eleven.9135

Just wondering since it seemed to be an issue in the past, but do the ghastly weapons still glow if transmuted? I bought a shield with the wrong stats and I want to transmute it badly. I’m afraid that if I do, however, it won’t glow anymore.

Yeti.5267

Huge content patch, only 4 bug fixes slow sarcastic applause

Yeti.5267

Just wondering since it seemed to be an issue in the past, but do the ghastly weapons still glow if transmuted? I bought a shield with the wrong stats and I want to transmute it badly. I’m afraid that if I do, however, it won’t glow anymore.

Yes. They will still glow.

Krikr.2094

How much money would it take to make ArenaNet fix this issue next update? I would be willing to start a fundraiser.

Yeti.5267

I wouldn’t pay a cent. This is unbelievable. At least give a refund to people who bought the piece of kitten non fixed bow.

Krikr.2094

Still broken you guys. Still.

Still.

Posted by: SoulCollector.3706

SoulCollector.3706

Maybe we will see a freaking Fix next year?

Posted by: Maegbor.8975

Maegbor.8975

It’d be nice to have an update, at least, on why it’s taken 9 months to fix this issue. The bow is my favorite design, but half the time it doesn’t cosmetically function properly…

Vharryn – Vote for Evon Gnashblade!

Posted by: Luquatic.3825

Luquatic.3825

10 months in the game and still no fix for this bug. That is just wrong ArenaNet…

A Thief on Desolation

Posted by: Trick Doll.7923

Trick Doll.7923

so is someone going to pop in here and explain what’s going on with this bug? it took FOUR months for jason king to reply, and now it’s been another SIX.

is this bug going to see a one-year anniversary?

Yeti.5267

Still no fix in the major content update. What is the bug fixing team actually doing? Twiddling their thumbs hoping the bow will fix itself over time?

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Have the issue where the particle effects disappear at night, the bow continues doing a firing motion even when stowed, and the bow string sometimes gets stuck in the drawn position

Attachments:

Posted by: Seveneyes.9084

Seveneyes.9084

May we get a civil and caring response from someone who knows what’s going on with this bug. It is obvious that you probably want to fix other things in the game before this bug. However, a lot of people who love and want this bow to work as intended have put in a lot of hours in the game to see this thing through. It’s been 10 months since this post, please take 10 minutes out of your day to respond and give some of the community feedback. Hopefully positive feedback.

Yeti.5267

bump bump bumpity doo

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I can add to it that this bow is still bugged as it has always been, when I first draw the bow during night it has some bubble-like effects which eventually fade away and the bow refuses to glow ever again untill I relog.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

still doesnt work just got it today without even looking at this. probably wouldnt have if i had seen this. Really dissapointed that this hasnt been sorted out yet

Posted by: Seveneyes.9084

Seveneyes.9084

The shortbow bow string also gets stuck in a weird angular position sometimes after firing, looks pretty sad. I love the look of this bow, and ALL the ascalonian weapons. I’d appreciate a response from someone, and appreciate it more if was soon fixed. How could such a thing be bugged since launch, yet still not on the priority list to fix after 10+ months?

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

So it will be fixed? Can I have my 390 ascalonian tears back, if it’s never get fixed? (most likely, since its 1 year and is not fixed yet)

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Bumping just becouse this bug is over 1 year old and didn’t get fixed yet.

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: Lucav.9547

Lucav.9547

would be really nice to get a fix for this please!

Antara.3189

Psssssst, Hey Josh, Mind putting in the good word to the “man” about getting these awesome skins functioning normally?

I will slip some Omnom Treats under the table to ya

EDIT: It would be nice to get an update on this. These are one of the core weapon sets..

(edited by Antara.3189)

Antara.3189

Please see above post, I’m sure many of the players would like an update on this weapon.