Going from a level 30 Story Quest to a level 48 ( skipping the story line!! )

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Renari.4209

Renari.4209

I believe the Destiny’s Edge mission is separate from your personal story I think it’s triggered from your mail.

Posted by: dantexr.7842

dantexr.7842

Same here, I was going to do lvl 30 mission at Lion’s Arch, but after the last game maintenance the story skipped to a lvl 48 one.

Also, if I look at the diary of my character, it says that the next step is going to Lion’s Arch to do the mission I was supposed to do, but obviously I can’t.

I also have the losing money bug with all my characters, so seems that the last maintenance broke something.

Posted by: Ssinti.9216

Ssinti.9216

Last night (Sept 4) We 3 human guild mates are on same story arc, so we progressed by going thru 1 person’s story and getting the popup to progress. We did this successfully since lvl 11 or so.

We zoned into lvl 31 quest, to go to Lion’s Arch (first Priory mission), but the other 2 of us got our quest bumped up to lvl 48 as soon as we appeared in Lion’s arch and stepped off the waypoint. We zoned into his story (which WAS same as ours), and it reverted to lvl 31, so we thought it was ok. But after he completed, and we exited, no popup for us to progress and again we’re stuck at lvl 48 one. No way to abandon and get back on track.

Posted by: Ssinti.9216

Ssinti.9216

Last night (Sept 4) We 3 human guild mates are on same story arc, so we progressed by going thru 1 person’s story and getting the popup to progress. We did this successfully since lvl 11 or so.

We zoned into lvl 31 quest, to go to Lion’s Arch (first Priory mission), but the other 2 of us got our quest bumped up to lvl 48 as soon as we appeared in Lion’s arch and stepped off the waypoint. We zoned into his story (which WAS same as ours), and it reverted to lvl 31, so we thought it was ok. But after he completed, and we exited, no popup for us to progress and again we’re stuck at lvl 48 one. No way to abandon and get back on track.

Posted by: Chem.7124

Chem.7124

I had this same issue yesterday when playing with my brother. It bumped me all the way up to suspicious activity.

To answer Nbrother, the new patch did not fix my character’s problem.

Posted by: Crow.3617

Crow.3617

I was going through the same story with a friend and for her it worked fine but mine it jumped to lvl 48 before lions arch gathering and I didn’t get the mail

Posted by: Krizhka.3967

Krizhka.3967

This happened to me last night. I advanced from Stealing Secrets to Suspicious Activity when I entered Lion’s Arch. My brother and I have been rotating leading / advancing in the personal story. His storyline is fine.

Posted by: Willsie.8974

Willsie.8974

Yeah the same thing happened to me about 20 minutes ago, made a thread about it cus I didn’t see this one hehe – skipped from The Trap to Suspicious Activity :| I thought seeing it go from 28 – 48 was a bit weird

Posted by: apvalenti.9721

apvalenti.9721

Same thing happened to me. Was doing stealing secrets with a friend and I was bumped up to Suspicious Activity and she was able to continue normally to the next mission.

I also wanted to note that she was the one that initiated the mission and I was just joining since we were on the same part of the story. We had done most of the story this way with no issues until this point.

Posted by: Undie.8597

Undie.8597

So… from what I can tell level 28 co-op will bug out the person who did not initiate the quest.

Posted by: apvalenti.9721

apvalenti.9721

it does seem that way. I don’t recall seeing anyone who did the mission solo report an issue. It would be interesting to know if anyone who did this solo had the same issue.

Posted by: Crow.3617

Crow.3617

I wonder HOW they’re going to fix this O_o

Posted by: Snark.1435

Snark.1435

Likewise happened here, sent in a bug report before I found this thread. Completed the Kellach section in my Wife’s instance, and when I arrived in Lion’s Arch it skipped me right the hell on up to Forewarned.

Posted by: Emanrouy.3014

Emanrouy.3014

So I guess this only happens when you’re in a party an you begin the lvl 30 quest. It happened to me as well. It sucks…. I hope we get an official response. ARENANET, we demand an official response and a fix to this awful bug, it totally ruins the game’s story. It’s either that or I demand a refund….

Posted by: NBrother.6259

NBrother.6259

maybe its a new bug and they are trying to figure it out? It seems like everyone here just started having the problem last night. My other character I made when the game first came out did not skip the story when I did this part.

Posted by: Dimitri.5893

Dimitri.5893

I was doing the vigil story line with a friend, we were on a 30ish quest called “Kellach’s Attack”. Upon completion my friends quest progressed normally, my quest didn’t complete (I didn’t get XP or any rewards) and then automatically jumped ahead to a level 48 quest called “Forewarned is Forearmed”. Is this a known issue and has anyone else had this problem?

Posted by: Tml.6835

Tml.6835

It’s a well known issue mate, check previous threads.

Posted by: TBrother.9138

TBrother.9138

Just saw the Post up top by arennet. It says about the story skipping in it

’Issue: it skipped me from story X to a L48 story quest!
Related to the above issue, if you were playing in a group to get past some of the stories blocked by bad character data, the only fix was to restore your character and advance you to Chapter 6.

Note: For the above issues, we’ve fixed the bug that causes them so they shouldn’t happen any more, but some characters might be bugged and have to reset by going to Lion’s Arch. Players who completed the battle for Fort Trinity pre-fix may experience some weirdness with it losing track of the story track they were on.
While this bug is fixed, we can’t retroactively set you on the correct quest steps, rewrite your journal, etc.
"

(edited by TBrother.9138)

Posted by: Krizhka.3967

Krizhka.3967

I was not playing in a group “to get past some of the stories blocked by bad character data.” Like others, I was grouping for fun and my story quests were working fine. I think many of us are collateral damage from this “fix” and I’m not happy with ANet saying there is nothing they can do.

Posted by: Soulnoir.4365

Soulnoir.4365

Not sure what this means: “if you were playing in a group to get past some of the stories blocked by bad character data”

All I know is I encountered the bug while grouped with another person who was on the exact same quest at the time. Are they pretty much saying that players whom this happened to are SOL?

Posted by: Emanrouy.3014

Emanrouy.3014

Just saw the Post up top by arennet. It says about the story skipping in it

’Issue: it skipped me from story X to a L48 story quest!
Related to the above issue, if you were playing in a group to get past some of the stories blocked by bad character data, the only fix was to restore your character and advance you to Chapter 6.

Note: For the above issues, we’ve fixed the bug that causes them so they shouldn’t happen any more, but some characters might be bugged and have to reset by going to Lion’s Arch. Players who completed the battle for Fort Trinity pre-fix may experience some weirdness with it losing track of the story track they were on.
While this bug is fixed, we can’t retroactively set you on the correct quest steps, rewrite your journal, etc.
"

You can’t set us on the correct quest, rewrite journal, etc.?? You created the game for god sake!!!! What am I supposed to do now ANet? Tell me, give me a straight solution.

Posted by: Blades.9417

Blades.9417

WTF? “While this bug is fixed, we can’t retroactively set you on the correct quest steps, rewrite your journal, etc.”

People payed for your game, the least you can do is let them experience it the way its meant to be, this is a big disapointment.

SFR thief.

Posted by: Aseyhe.2948

Aseyhe.2948

Posted by: Dohrinrhine.7509

Dohrinrhine.7509

they arent. they posted on the forums that they fixed the bug that caused it but that those of us that it happened to it cant be fixed because they cant roll back our characters. they posted this:
Issue: it skipped me from story X to a L48 story quest!

Posted by: Kaoss.3186

Kaoss.3186

Agreed. While this did not happen to me, it happened to my girlfriend. Now, she’s stuck on a level 48 mission, while being level 32. Sure, she can experience the questline by tagging along with me, but she will have to do so without getting ANY reward or experience. That’s ridiculous, as we’ll end up having our gameplay severely disrupted and played in a way the game was NOT meant to be played.

People are right, we did pay for this game. And as such, if Arenanet has the right to ban people who use bugs for their own advantage, they also have the duty to make the game playable. Rollback the character, fix the journals.. Do this individually if you need to, Arenanet. If you can devote your time into forgiving people who abused the game and got banned over it, by checking each character individually to make sure they deleted the items, you surely can also make sure your customers who have been playing FAIRLY don’t get screwed over.

Posted by: TheZoobler.8073

TheZoobler.8073

Yeah, me and my girlfriend were playing our Sylvari and I got doubly messed up lol. First we were asked whether we wanted to formally join the Vigil, the Order of Whispers, or the Durmand Priory for our level 28 punch-the-lich story. My girlfriend was the one leading the instance, and she selected the Durmand Priory. I liked their plan best, so I agreed to progress my story similarly.

Then we got to the Gendarren Fields, and realized that we were on two different quests. She was on the level 28 pre-Durmand Priory quest, correctly, Dead of Winter. I was on the pre-Vigil step, Flower of Death, for some reason, against my will and what I was told I would be progressing to if I accepted my girlfriend’s progress. I opened a Support Ticket and to this day have not gotten a response.

We waited a few days, did some map completion, no ticket response. So we just decided to do her story (Dead of Winter), and I decided to do my story (Flower of Death) and I would just suck it up and join the Vigil since the dev team is busy and I really didn’t want to wait forever just so I can join the Durmand Priory. We both beat our level 28 quest/arc, got rewarded, and headed to Lion’s Arch for our first assignment.

We went into her instance of the level 30 step “go report to _ for your first set of orders” (more like listen to the five Signature Noobs argue like kids) and lo and behold when we pop out, not only am I still in the Vigil when I had originally wanted the Priory, but I am now on my level 48 story step (Forewarned is Forearmed) having skipped everything in between. Everything.

I have a lot of other characters to play but this really is kind of an obnoxious bug, and I’m shocked that absolutely nothing (supposedly) can be done about it.

Posted by: Detallion.7029

Detallion.7029

Ya, that’s true, its a total of seven missions that got skipped I believe. Hopefully it doesn’t hinder us from fishing the game. I just don’t want to have to start over, that’s what I’m more concerned about.

Almost the same time as well. This is so weird. I would hate starting over/missing out on EXP achievements and rewards.

Posted by: Lokiie.7690

Lokiie.7690

I really hope we dont have to start over in order to fix the bug. I put alot of work into my character between crafting, map completions and getting the level 35 culture armor.

Seems like there should be a way to fix this.

Posted by: AlexAllbritton.2083

AlexAllbritton.2083

this literally happened to me not 15 minutes ago. then i find this thread and it seems as though all hope is lost. yay.

Posted by: ryusky.2913

ryusky.2913

Hi i was hoping to resolve my issue with my ranger that seems to have had a major glitch that made my 30 story line to 48 and ive looked around and havnt come up with much results
ive heard They cant reroll your character
So as i wait for the support to open if anyone has any details Let me know

Posted by: spayced.2016

spayced.2016

Are you sure the quest level is 48, and it isn’t just in a level 48 area? Also what are the names of the quests you were on previously and are on now?

Paper is fine. Nerf rock.

TBrother.9138

I really hope It can be fixed without having to start over.

Posted by: Aanika.1867

Aanika.1867

Me and my friend have been questing together as humans doing the same personal stories for a few days now doing exactly the same quests at the same time, we just did a level 28 quest called: “the trap” and he was moved onto a level 30 quest called “stealing secrets” and i was given a level 48 quest called “suspicious activity” i am only level 29.

Posted by: Aanika.1867

Aanika.1867

The same thing happened with me. I just finished the lvl 30 mission Stealing Secrets, and it jumped to a lvl 48 mission called Suspicious Activity. I’m trying to do this with my boyfriend, and we went through with the mission (since it was fine on his) but it didn’t allow me to advance. I hope this gets fixed, because I’d like to continue.
Character name is Kira Lorelle

hi! my situation is similar, but i never got the stealine secrets, i got jumped from “the trap” to “suspicious activity”

Undie.8597

So I have to start a new character? Cool.

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

Same with me, and quite honestly I’m furious about this. I hate having to grind, and I feel like I have to grind enough between personal instances in order to be the level needed, and now they’re telling me I have to grind for 18 levels straight without a story to do? Very, very disappointed…and I have always been an extreme supporter of Guild Wars 1 and this game since announced.

TBrother.9138

idk if we need to start over yet. They weren’t to clear about it.

Undie.8597

“While this bug is fixed, we can’t retroactively set you on the correct quest steps, rewrite your journal, etc.”

I think that pretty much says that we have to start over.

ryusky.2913

sabatoge
assault the hill

ryusky.2913

and no i went to the lvl 48 area and it started doing the 48 quest

ryusky.2913

if only there was a way to deselect the 48 quest and reselect the 30’s quest
But i see no way of that happening

Posted by: Jack Attack.3461

Jack Attack.3461

This didnt happen to me last night, just happened to me now. And this is very upsetting that no one from arena net is commenting for helping. I have tried going back into Lions Arch like it suggests, and even logged to go back into Lions Arch and it will not reset itself, like the Arena Net post said. This is a serious issue, and TOO many people are having this issue. If we are not able to be reset in the story line, we should atleast get a chest full of stuff we will be missing out on, with experience included, to keep it even with our partners who still have the correct quests.

Kaoss.3186

This didnt happen to me last night, just happened to me now. And this is very upsetting that no one from arena net is commenting for helping. I have tried going back into Lions Arch like it suggests, and even logged to go back into Lions Arch and it will not reset itself, like the Arena Net post said. This is a serious issue, and TOO many people are having this issue. If we are not able to be reset in the story line, we should atleast get a chest full of stuff we will be missing out on, with experience included, to keep it even with our partners who still have the correct quests.

Exactly. I find it quite ridiculous people who got banned for abusing the game got all the help they needed to get back into the game, that people who get hacked left and right because they can’t have the common sense to keep their computer and account information safe hog all the human resources and us, people who PAID for the game and are abiding by the rules instated by Anet are being thoroughly ignored and screwed over. This has, honestly, robbed me of any and all will to continue playing this game.

Posted by: Lokiie.7690

Lokiie.7690

I decided to reroll my character but its frustrating, i cant get her face right, the name i want is of course taken by my main. Plus i had just spent all my money on the level 35 culture armor right before this bug hit me.

Hopefully they will do something about it, or at least say something definitive before i get the reroll back to 35.

TBrother.9138

what happens if it happens to your new character too?

Undie.8597

That’s a scary thought, my advice is do the personal story individually.

Kaoss.3186

That’s a scary thought, my advice is do the personal story individually.

Not an option, as far as I’m concerned. I bought this game to play with my girlfriend. I’d faster stop playing the game altogether than avoid doing personal missions with her just so some bug doesn’t ruin my gameplay. This needs to be fixed and the people need to be rolledback or at least given the rewards and experience they would gain from the missions.

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

This just happened to my wife right now. Very upset about this. I don’t understand why the characters cannot be set to the proper quests. She was showing the level 30 quest before we entered Lion’s Arch then when we were inside she was on the level 48 quest.

Posted by: Godrekefalcer.5082

Godrekefalcer.5082

I am a level 36 guardian and at level 30 it skipped right to the level 48 quests as well when i went to lions arch.

Posted by: fedaykin.4186

fedaykin.4186

I just ran into this problem as well when doing personal story with some friends.