Ground disappearing during personal story

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: JoylessFire.7082

JoylessFire.7082

Having the same issue to. Haven’t tried anything yet, but it seems like it would be a waste of time if attempted. Game isn’t lagging nor are my computer specs bad (game has rather high graphics and i’m not having any lag or chugging or rubber-banding anywhere)

Posted by: Darcness.2408

Darcness.2408

Same issue- :\ whenever I try the 3rd part of the story- the client seizures and kicks me..

Attachments:

Posted by: honey clover.6032

honey clover.6032

I just ran in to this problem now. I am playing a Norn character, during personal story “A New Challenger”. When you enter the story instance there is no ground. The game crashes after taking a few steps on to the scene. I tried loading it twice with the same results.
Hope there can be a fix soon!

Posted by: xornan.7382

xornan.7382

Have the same symptoms, on the personal story part where you get the BL key as a reward and can’t continue due to crashes. Conspiracy theorist in me thinks that “crash” gating has been implemented to make people buy BLK’s :P

Posted by: Kron.6938

Kron.6938

Not seeing any other personal stories crashing out other than the Norn personal stories. I even tried doing a -repair on the gw2 64 bit client. Still the same issues with the rendering of the ground causing the client to crash.

Kron [TEST]

Posted by: JunoYuvon.1803

JunoYuvon.1803

I’ve tested both the 32 bit and 64 bit and the same thing happens. I also tested with two different computers with very different specs(AMD and nvidia cards) and both do the same thing.

Posted by: EdgeSoul.5624

EdgeSoul.5624

Every main story instance of Norns race has no textures of the terrain. Game crash when i look down in instance with that bug. My friend has tested it on other PC and actually there was a bug only with Norn race. Still 12 lvl.

Attachments:

Posted by: fudgeblood.4806

fudgeblood.4806

Yup, all the same on my end as well. Every other storyline works except the Norn specifically The ground is transparent and typically crashes after about 10 – 20 minutes inside of the story, though luckily I am usually done before that can happen.

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Another personal story bug. I did a lvl 60 personal story and didn’t get a black lion key. So I got on another character and did a lvl 10 personal story and got a key. So the lvl 60 personal story is bugged it didn’t give a key when I finished it.

Posted by: XTrooperL.4876

XTrooperL.4876

Same problem here. When I want to enter the lvl 10 instance the game crashes.

Posted by: Quickbeam.5109

Quickbeam.5109

Same problem with my lvl 20 norn story – ground disappears and then game crashes.

Posted by: Treevillage.5476

Treevillage.5476

Just letting you all know i have submitted a ticket about this issue and have been assured they are aware of it and have their developers on the job and bug should be fixed soon.

My game is crashing everytime i try to enter lvl 10 norn story mission wild spirits on my new revenant. I tried all suggestions in support posts about clean boot, closing other applications, lowering graphics settings etc. I also ran the repair process but nothing fixed the issue.

Apparently it is only affecting Norns so maybe avoid some frustration for now and play a different race / character.

Posted by: khinux.9014

khinux.9014

I can’t even get to the echoes of the ages past quest, It crashes on me every time i try to do the blessed by bear quest. I can load in fine, the floor however does not. I will start the combat – or get relatively close to the combat then poof, it will crash. I thought it had something to do with me boosting my Norn but apparently other people are experiencing it so it can’t be that.

Posted by: Feliz.1947

Feliz.1947

I don’t know if I did something wrong but some maps are missing the flooring textures and I can just see through it.

Note: changing maps or re-logging does not fix the issue.

Attachments:

Posted by: KHAOS.3071

KHAOS.3071

having the same issue cannot get it to work pls fix just started the game !

Posted by: Silvafoxx.9526

Silvafoxx.9526

Reported a similar issue a couple of days ago within the non storyline. As far as I know the devs are on it. Hope so as I was getting into my Norn ranger! ????

Posted by: Niteus.2937

Niteus.2937

Same exact thing is happening to me. Mine always crashes seconds after i enter the story instance. I’ve been waiting 3 days now to do my Norn personal story

Attachments:

Posted by: Daniel Soares.4382

Daniel Soares.4382

same for me !

Posted by: BlackRose.4839

BlackRose.4839

I am having the same issue as well. It appears it’s only on the Norn storylines in Wayfarer Foothills. I tried another Norn toon in Lorner’s Pass and it was fine.

Posted by: overbored.6128

overbored.6128

Still happening. Just created a Norn and in the very first part of the personal story, there is no ground. Is this really very hard to fix? This pretty much breaks the game!

Posted by: Grimjou.5316

Grimjou.5316

Same issue with “The Wolf Havroun” Level 10. Crashes upon trying to enter story instance at loading screen.

Posted by: jokerpool.2846

jokerpool.2846

I have had the exact same problem over the past three days with the Norn Guardian personal storyline: The new challenger.

Oh well more runs in the lab it is…

Posted by: Merci Fix.4263

Merci Fix.4263

My game crashes exactly when I enter the Wolf Havroun instance and I cannot move forward. Please advise.

Posted by: Jug.1247

Jug.1247

Yes, same here with “A New Challenger” in my Norn story. Ground seems to not load, I get a square reflective thing around my character, and soon enough it crashes. I’ve just sent a report.

I came back to this game after a longish hiatus and OS reinstall and thought it just hadn’t preloaded enough content, although that should of course still not crash things, but now I see it’s not just me.

Posted by: odiN.1302

odiN.1302

Same issues here. No ground half the time. Quest “Echoes of Ages Past” crashes my game. Is this being fixed?

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Apparently it is but they sure are taking their sweet time doing it.

Posted by: DetJohnKimblez.8297

DetJohnKimblez.8297

any idea when this will be fixed

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I’m hoping today… maybe tomorrow.

Posted by: Somnus.5934

Somnus.5934

I really hope they do something soon. I dropped money on the game the night before this started happening. Kind of sucks lol.

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

I was able to force my way through every lvl 10 story step with only a few crashes, but i can’t get past “The Wolf Havroun” loading screen.

Personally not that big of a deal for me, but I can only imagine what a new player would think of this invisible floor and crashing issue.

Posted by: Archon.3657

Archon.3657

The floor is invisible, though annoying I can still complete the instances. However now during one of the level 10 Norn Story Instances It crashes less than 1 minute in. This is game breaking and I hope this gets fixed soon.

Posted by: Yuki Yoshida.2560

Yuki Yoshida.2560

I was able to force my way through every lvl 10 story step with only a few crashes, but i can’t get past “The Wolf Havroun” loading screen.

Personally not that big of a deal for me, but I can only imagine what a new player would think of this invisible floor and crashing issue.

I am a new player to GW2 I made my first character a Norn Thief I liked the aspect of the rouge and able to shape shift. I also payed the $50.00 so i could have the full game unlocked. I get my character to lvl 10. The first personal instance was glitch the floor was invisible but i was able to complete it with out it crashing. I move on to the second part of my story line and get the the “echoes of the ages past” quest. every time i try and go into it it crashes out and gives me a long error code and i send it to AreaNet then it close out my client. As a new player to this game i find this annoying and frustrating i cant play on the character that i want. and aslo keeps me from making any other Norn character because of this glitch. If this isnt fixed any time soon i will not play this game for much longer. I didn’t pay 50.00 for nothing.

Posted by: Archon.3657

Archon.3657

@Yuki Yoshida
I’ve been playing for a couple or so years on and off. It’s a pretty good game. This bug hasn’t been here until as far as I know the last week when I’m now trying out my Norn Guardian. I hope this is incentive for the bug fixers to get this fixed and not lose out on new players.

Posted by: Hackizonal.9618

Hackizonal.9618

Ive been experiencing this problem with Through the Veil level 10 norn story….what exactly is going on???

Posted by: Lucky.7125

Lucky.7125

There are hundreds of Norn players reporting this via forums, twitter and FB now. Can we PLEASE get an Anet update on when this will be fixed and what the status is?

Somnus.5934

1. Why haven’t they said anything?
2. Why in the heck isn’t this fixed yet?

C’mon Anet get on it!

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

C’mon Anet get on it!

Be patient… :P

11/08/2016 – November 08 Release Notes
Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug with the ground textures in the norn starting instance “The Great Hunt.”

Posted by: Brett Nellermoe

Previous

Brett Nellermoe

QA Embed

Hey guys! The patch note only mentions one Personal Story instance, but in fact every ‘missing ground texture’ related issue for Wayfarer Foothills (including the crashing) should now be fixed on live. Please keep us updated if you run into any more issues!

Somnus.5934

C’mon Anet get on it!

Be patient… :P

11/08/2016 – November 08 Release Notes
Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug with the ground textures in the norn starting instance “The Great Hunt.”

I was patient for almost a week. =p

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

@Brett Nellermoe: Thanks for the Info!

Did someone try to continue their Norn personal story already? If so, please share your wisdom!

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

24h later and not a single person played their Norn story line? Yeah right…

That’s the funny thing about problems: Once there is one, each and every single person feels compelled to share their two cents without further increasing information gained but when the problem is solved, nobody feels the need to express gratitude or even share their positive experience. This leads me to the assumption that it is taken for granted that everything works perfectly.

Makes one think.

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

Posted by: Wrangler.8534

Wrangler.8534

Thanks ANet for providing the patch for the Norn issue as avowed or submitted by the players. Please note that on my part, said issue has been resolved or fixed. For the past days of the bug not being fixed (and of course, any patch releases have schedules for such software/games publisher), most people including me have focused more on something that i can be more productive in the game such as creating a new toon, exploring new areas, and more… for which many have put attentions too on doing, thus the reason perhaps me or some are not able to reply and said thanks to ANet and its developers.

Thank you very much and have a nice day ahead

Posted by: GuardianBear.8241

GuardianBear.8241

It’s working for me!

My funny tumblr post about it= http://guardianbeargaming.tumblr.com/post/153087818285/yeah-the-ground-is-back-in-the-norn-personal

Thank you!