Guardian Scepter is Broken

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

The projectiles are broken. All you have to do is strafe from side to side and it wont ever hit you… or simply just keep running around in circles… Why wont they fix this?

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

I would really love to hear a dev response to this one.

Enemies are in range, yet strafing simply left-to-right repeatedly causes our projectiles to completely whack out and miss over and over and over.

I doubt we’ll get an answer though (it’s been addressed dozens of times)

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

It’s not a bug… Scepter is actually just bad.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

Jasher.6580

It’s not a bug… Scepter is actually just bad.

This isn’t a bug?

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

My conclusion from having used scepter as my primary Guardian weapon (yes, I know, I’m not a legit G in the minds of “good G” players):

It’s not a bug, anymore than any non-homing ranged projectile attack is a bug. The game is leading the shot, so when a shot launches it determines the proper angle based on the target’s movement and speed at the moment the projectile is launched and sends it where the calculations determine the target will be in order to intercept them. This assumes the target moves in a straight line and at a consistent pace. I see this with all “slow” (as opposed to fast, as with bullets) projectiles such as arrows, fireballs, etc. It’s more noticeable with scepter because the projectiles are fairly slow despite having been sped up in a previous patch.

Your video is a good example of the issue, but as I said, you can do the same thing with other projectiles using the same “test.” You just have to adjust for the relative speed of the projectile by increasing distance between the weapon and the juking Asura.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

My conclusion from having used scepter as my primary Guardian weapon (yes, I know, I’m not a legit G in the minds of “good G” players):

It’s not a bug, anymore than any non-homing ranged projectile attack is a bug. The game is leading the shot, so when a shot launches it determines the proper angle based on the target’s movement and speed at the moment the projectile is launched and sends it where the calculations determine the target will be in order to intercept them. This assumes the target moves in a straight line and at a consistent pace. I see this with all “slow” (as opposed to fast, as with bullets) projectiles such as arrows, fireballs, etc. It’s more noticeable with scepter because the projectiles are fairly slow despite having been sped up in a previous patch.

Your video is a good example of the issue, but as I said, you can do the same thing with other projectiles using the same “test.” You just have to adjust for the relative speed of the projectile by increasing distance between the weapon and the juking Asura.

The obvious solution is implementing first person view so you can do proper manual aiming!

Jasher.6580

What would it take for them to address this? This has been broken forever now… and in the last SOTG, they said Guardians were in a good place…

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

Is there any chance we can get a confirmation that the Guardian scepter is broken? ETA on a fix? Or we just moving past this issue? Video shows the crazy level of ineffectiveness.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Jasher.6580

Is there any chance we can get a confirmation that the Guardian scepter is broken? ETA on a fix? Or we just moving past this issue? Video shows the crazy level of ineffectiveness.

They will have to acknowledge it first.