Guild Chat bugged

Guild Chat bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

Tried the work arounds and every possible scenario listed. I’m in 1 guild and 1 guild only and I can’t see or speak in guild chat. Done the whole quit, reinvite tricks and nothing that has been mentioned on this thread works.

Being partially deaf and not able to use voice comms well makes this game breaking for me. This needs to be a priority now and not “soon”. Please can someone get this fixed.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

*Ive done the whole go invisible, go online, log out, log in and NOTHING WORKS. Its only when you join a new guild that the old way of unglitching this DOESNT work anymore. *

I already got kicked from a guild because they said i was ignoring them because i couldnt see guild chat. When i do the log off log on, I talk in guild chat (cant see it when i hit enter) and it GOES TO A DIFFERENT GUILD.

Anet pLEASE please,, FIX THIS, Its been 1 month and im sending you tickets and nothing. You cant even join a guild now because you cant see guild chat.

Attachments:

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Molesworth.1684

Molesworth.1684

I tried getting kicked from and reinvited to the guild in which I can’t use guild chat, then being invited to a further (5th) guild, but it still doesn’t cure the problem. Please fix this bug as a priority.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Iltherion.5247

Iltherion.5247

I just joined my 5th guild a week ago, but I couldn’t read the guild chat, I got the bug: “You are not in a guild.” I fixed this today however: I just left one of my other guilds, which made it work again.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: DeadSurvivor.6157

DeadSurvivor.6157

I have the same issue also … nothing has worked for me to correct the guild chat issue. I get the “Do Not Have A Guild” message.

Guild Wars 2 News & Links
Guilds: [AoL]
( Swindle Rogue )

Guild Chat bugged

kathy.8291

I am not leaving any of my guilds just to see guild chat, this should be fixed. I joined a gvg guild and Im not leaving my other 2 guilds because of this.

This has to be rectified immediately and it is not fair to us players that we cant see guild chat or Guild Chat goes to a different guild your in

Come on Developers you have to do something about this. Like Ive said before this is now going on over a month and still no progress. I feel bad for others who wants to join a new guild and cant.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Misfed.8413

Misfed.8413

This is still being a problem. Weeks without the ability to see guild chat or talk in it. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: jdgamer.2059

jdgamer.2059

How are we supposed to play the game without being able to play with our guild? The issue isn’t being resolved quickly enough. It’s simple.. Find your error message and debug your kitten code. Thank you.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

This problem is a month old. Fix it.

Signed,
Everybody.

when is the fix coming? Soon isn’t good enough. Yesterday should be the answer. This is a game breaking bug. How can you have a MMO without guild chat? You can’t. Fix your buggy game. every dev you have should be on this. you havent announced the release date of the xpac yet, so get those devs on this issue too.

How can you possibly think anyone will buy the xpac if you cannot get guild chat to work? How can you possibly think all these changes you announced for the xpac will interest anyone if they cannot discuss it with their friends? This is gross mismanagement of resources and the people who decide where those resources are allocated should be ashamed. Fix this. Fix this now.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Akotun.1057

Akotun.1057

Signed,
Everybody.

when is the fix coming? Soon isn’t good enough. Yesterday should be the answer. This is a game breaking bug. How can you have a MMO without guild chat? You can’t. Fix your buggy game. every dev you have should be on this. you havent announced the release date of the xpac yet, so get those devs on this issue too.

How can you possibly think anyone will buy the xpac if you cannot get guild chat to work? How can you possibly think all these changes you announced for the xpac will interest anyone if they cannot discuss it with their friends? This is gross mismanagement of resources and the people who decide where those resources are allocated should be ashamed. Fix this. Fix this now.

Signed!
This is critical and should be fixed asap!

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Jorxie.1374

Jorxie.1374

Signed,
Everybody.

/Signed Jorxie

This has been going on for far too long, and if this is how they show us as valued customers to their game, I will not be playing this much longer.

Guild Chat bugged

Magical Things.8465

Where is there a red post on this? We need to know daily progress of what is being done to fix this problem. This is absolutely insane this bug has been going on for this long. People with this bug can’t do any activities with their guild. People are spending GEMS to transfer to join guilds of their liking only to be hit with the chat bug and can’t do squat with their chosen guild. I didn’t join multiple guilds. I only have 1 and it’s insane that you as a company is ok with the amount of time it takes to fix this GAME BREAKING bug. My patience is wearing thin and so is others. You’ll be loosing gem purchasing players very soon as this is a game breaking bug. Someone please provide some form of status, priority & eta asap.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: deane truelove.6351

deane truelove.6351

dear arenanet,

I love your game and all that, however not being able to talk in guild chat sucks bad. please do something ASAP. please tell us you actively are working on this and that I just didn’t waste my 40$

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: ItsaJello.4168

ItsaJello.4168

I’m not normally one to be all ‘ZOMG FIX THIS IMMIDEATELY’ but given the amount of people having this problem a ’we’re working on it’ would be nice :/

Guild Chat bugged

eithinan.9841

We’re aware and there’s a fix planned for “soon” – I’m glad the workaround solved this for you.

Its on page 6 posted 20+ days after the recent issues started. Soon is not acceptable. Fix this now.

edit: soon is a few days ago.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: citizensway.1542

citizensway.1542

+1

Are they even going to aknowledge they know there is a problem and they’re working on it?

Sometimes this game can have the worst support.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: citizensway.1542

citizensway.1542

Hundreds of players are having the guild chat bug and none of the quick fixes are working.

It’s been going on for a month now.

Are there any plans to even fix it?

(edited by citizensway.1542)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Linda The Furious.8431

Linda The Furious.8431

I’ve been having the same issues sometimes eventough I’ve been in my own guild since beta – so not because I recently joined one.

We had some new invites to our guild though that have the same problems they thought they did something wrong not to be fully invited to the guild – bless!
No workarounds worked (relogging/kick and reinvite)

This is a serious issue that needs urgent fixing

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

Its been 3 weeks since I sent a bug report. I have not been able to see or post anything in guild chat! This is freaking game breaking! Anything please fix! Its GUILD WARS! A guild is a group of individuals, I hate just staring at my guild chat and no one says anything. This is not a lone issue 6 of our new guild members are having the same issues. They feel alienated in a freaking MMORPG! WHAT!?

Guild Chat bugged

kathy.8291

*OK IM SICK OF THIS NOW… My guild had a gvg last night and I along with a few others COULDNT SEE FRIGGIN guild chat Until i watched the video and they were chatting.

Yes we have teamspeak but I would like to also communicate with my friends in guild chat that is NOT on teamspeak.*

Please Anet this is OVER 1 month old now and its getting frustrating and annoying. I keep getting your email saying: this will take a little longer than expected…. Well when will Longer than expected be. This is really not fair and what is the purpose of joining a guild when you cant chat with them.

Signed:

frustrated and annoyed

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Molesworth.1684

Molesworth.1684

OK I am getting really angry that nothing is being done to fix this bug. I spent 1800 gems to transfer to Piken Square to play wvw here, and now I can’t participate in guild raids or guild missions because I can’t use guild chat. I usually buy some gems with ‘real money’ every month, but until this is fixed I refuse to buy any more in protest. I hope other people do the same. Maybe loss of income will prompt Anet to do something about it.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Dezaq.1203

Dezaq.1203

So I’m currently in 3 guilds, my guild chat works in 2 of them but not the 3rd. Is there a fix for it? Putting myself as offline and then back to online does not work. Been bugged like this for a week now, even tried rejoining that one guild.

Guild Chat bugged

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

kathy.8291

I am a big money spender on this game buying gems and I WILL NOT be spending any more money on here until this is fixed. This is a big problem and not being able to address this problem promptly (after 1 month) is frustrating. All those glitches like going invisible, going back online, logging off, logging on does not work.

I think the developers are more concerned about the expansion then fixing what is already wrong with the game.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its very annoying. Taking so long to fix such a gamebreaking bug is simply unacceptable, no matter how hard it is to fix it. If ~300 employes are not enough to get the expansion + regular updates done, hire more employes.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Dezaq.1203

Dezaq.1203

So there’s no fix for it?

Guild Chat bugged

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Whatever the Devs said in the thread.

Guild Chat bugged

eithinan.9841

“Soon” is about 2 weeks overdue for a fix.

soon soon soon soon soon means absolutely nothing. Fix this. Fix this now.

get the HOT devs off the xpac and make you buggy game work. No guild chat means no HOT for me.

Guild Chat bugged

Magical Things.8465

Support tried to close my open ticket on this today. I told them not until the issue is fixed. I urge everyone to open support tickets and force them to keep them open. Perhaps with a huge influx of trouble tickets for this bug will prompt somebody to do something.

Still no updated red post indicating any progress. This is pathetic.

No gem purchase and no HoT for me until this is fixed as well.

Imagine the experience of all the new influx of players from the last sale that are all plagued by this bug. People are starting to drop the game like hot potatoes. I know I will be soon if we continue to get the run around.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Support tried to close my open ticket on this today. I told them not until the issue is fixed. I urge everyone to open support tickets and force them to keep them open. Perhaps with a huge influx of trouble tickets for this bug will prompt somebody to do something.

Still no updated red post indicating any progress. This is pathetic.

All you are doing is being a kitten to those with legitimate issues to take up with support. I am affected by this issue, and i wont be opening a ticket, as support cannot help you, and it will slow down their responses to other peoples tickets. They are working on a fix, and JUST like with the ranger pet bug, it could be at least another month.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Guild Chat bugged

eithinan.9841

I do not know how to be constructive with this subject. I am not a programmer.
But I will constructively not spend any rl money on GW2 or buy HoT as long as I cannot speak with my guildies.

My constructive suggestion is to gather all the devs who are spending their time on HoT development and fix this game breaking bug so you don’t release a expansion where players cannot chat with their guildies.

Fix it. Fix it now.

Guild Chat bugged

eithinan.9841

Got me a new sig. It stays until its fixed.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Vyx.8607

Vyx.8607

Fixed it for a guy, I had him drop every guild he was in, then reinvited him. That worked

Henge of Denravi – Denravi Alliance [DA]
WvW Community: Forums, Videos, GvG – http://www.gw2wvw.net

Guild Chat bugged

kathy.8291

Fixed it for a guy, I had him drop every guild he was in, then reinvited him. That worked

That does not work Tried it like 10000x and plus I have my own guild for my stash,, If i drop that I lose alot…. Instead of dropping guids, Anet should be fixing the problem. I am sick of this that so many people have this problem and they cant come up with a solution.

Their only thinking about is the Expansion,, and what good is an expansion if you CANT TALK IN GUILD CHAT

Guild Chat bugged

eithinan.9841

Yeah, I dropped all my guilds and got reinvited to them. I also tried a myriad of other workarounds. None of the workarounds fixed what the devs should have fixed already.

Fix it. Fix it now.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Vyx.8607

Vyx.8607

Well… it worked for that 1 guy. He tried multiple guilds, the invis/online, etc. So, just offering it up as a possible solution to some of you.

Henge of Denravi – Denravi Alliance [DA]
WvW Community: Forums, Videos, GvG – http://www.gw2wvw.net

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Kraw.6573

Kraw.6573

Ive joined a new guild and for some reason i cant see or talk in guild chat. My profile isnt invisible and im representing the guild. Its odd because is i represent another guild i can talk and see chat but when i go back and try to talk in my new guild i just get " You are not in a guild".
Does anyone know whats going on and can help me out please?

Thanks

Guild Chat bugged

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: jdgamer.2059

jdgamer.2059

What is the status on fixing this bug?

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

Looks like no one cares about us with this bug. So soon has long past from acceptable to ridiculous. When I hear a dev say soon, all i do is roll my eyes.

Guild Chat bugged

kathy.8291

same here no HoT for me until Guild Chat is fixed. This has gone beyond “It will take time” i believe over 1 month is more than enough time to figure out WHY SO MANY PEOPLE are having this problem.

already started looking for a new game to play along with my friends At least we would be able to talk there.

Sorry Anet, telling me Be patient is not cutting it anymore.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Nyspar.6103

Nyspar.6103

plwease fix this bug, annoying as kitten

[DnT] TargNyspar
Targaryen / Nymaria / Dwagonfire / Dwagonhunter

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: DarkSoverign.9187

DarkSoverign.9187

Agreed. I won’t get HoT until this is fixed.
I’d glanced but not realized this thread was here so had made my own.

“Three days ago I joined a guild. I have not been able to type in or use that guild chat. If i try, even while repping, it says not in guild. after two or three of those, simply nothing. I’ve tried setting myself to invisible, away and online. I’ve checked my chat window setting. I’ve tried leaving that guild and being re-invited. I’ve tried repping a different guild and then repping them. Nothing. I’ve successfully talked on two other guild chats in between all of these failed attempts so I know it is not all guild chat that is down, i simply cant use that guilds chat. I know the other members are using their guild chat just fine, they dont know why this is happening either. Also on a different guild’s challenge run someone was added and complained of not being able to use guild chat for us, making me wonder if its a problem with anyone recently joining a guild.”

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Kitty.4572

Kitty.4572

Ive had this bug for a month now! Please fix!

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Boggs.6482

Boggs.6482

Come on guys, plenty of documentation. I can’t talk in my main guild and it’s killing my GW2 experience.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: wendlynne.8451

wendlynne.8451

This is very frustrating.

I have scoured these postings, trying every listed solution both here and on reddit. Nothing has worked.

Since we’re not able to get individual responses to bug reports, am I missing something? As a new-ish player, this is pretty much a deal killer for me.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Rits.4036

Rits.4036

This is pretty bad. As a guild leader and recruiter, I’ve noticed LFG posts have gone way down everywhere due to this bug.

Newer players joining the game, I can only imagine how discouraging it is to want friends to play with only to not be able to talk to them! My guild personally has Teamspeak but often times you either want to just chill and talk through text or it may not be a good moment for TS.

Linking waypoints for Guild Missions is annoying too…it has to be linked in both party and guild to make sure the person isn’t being left out. Not even including the fact that not everyone can talk in TS at once or are in TS so the person with a bugged /g chat are left out on whatever people are typing.

I understand bugs happen but this is huge…and so little response until 10 days ago when this has been a bug for a month now?? Not only hurting guilds and individual players, its hurting your game.

Grumpy Rits – A GrumpyCat/Charr Warrior
The Unholy Mackerels [UM]
Fort Aspenwood

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Never ran into this bug until today, but had a new recruit, they could not use /g chat in our guild only. Unfortunately they had to leave every guild they were in just to get reinvited. That fixed it, but what a headache! We tried relogging, kick/reinvite, rep another guild/re-rep, nothing worked except clearing the guild list. That is really unacceptable. No one should have to go through that much just to get around a bug. Hope someone is seriously looking into this. Looking back through the posts going all the way back to November, I would think this would be fixed by now :/

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: vanRijn.6348

vanRijn.6348

This is happening with one of my guild members tonight. We did the Invisible/Online thing. I kicked him and re-invited him. Nothing worked. =:(