Guild Mission Bugs

Guild Mission Bugs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lunaleigh.4673

Lunaleigh.4673

Treks:
The only people who can get credit for the trek are ones that either activate a point, or are standing extremely close to a point when it is activated. It can be worked around, but the system is unreliable. Large guilds like mine will have to get an entire group to one point and be sure everyone is in range, but the problem extends to any size guild when the entire trek is only five points (easy mission)

Puzzles:
In theory the instance is fine, however whereas before it was possible to port people in at certain points if they got left behind and locked behind a door, that system no longer works. The checkpoints are fine, but only seem to work if you die, not if you are behind.

End rewards are buggy, only a few people who complete the puzzle get personal rewards whereas before everyone who ran through was guaranteed a bouncy chest at the end. I haven’t sorted out what the game’s restrictions are for who actually gets credit, but it seems to possibly be tied to how many people are recommended for the puzzle. I do not understand why the system no longer rewards everyone who runs the puzzle to completion.

The instance map puts every puzzle in Lornar’s pass, which removes the minimap of the maze in the Proxemics lab. As this created confusion among my veteran players, I can only imagine what it must do for a guild of newer players.

Some people who didn’t accept/decline credit still got individual bouncy chests.

Rush:
The rush states a specific time for completion, but does not give the correct amount of time. We were supposed to have 11 minutes for our rush in the PVE opportunities slot, but only received 9. The guild behind us rolled 10 minutes 30 seconds.

On completion of rushes, many players have to run back and forth through the end flag to get popped out of form and receive individual credit toward the rush.

Unlike previously, when guilds could participate in other guild’s rushes, the system no longer allows for sharing. We attempted to go to another guild’s rush and did not receive guild or individual credit for running it.

Some people who were simply afk in LA got rush credit when they hadn’t run it.

WvW missions:
Good luck to any multi-server guilds completing these in an orderly fashion. Otherwise, they seem to work the best out of any of the missions.

PvP missions:
The timer does not stay open until the end to allow for many guild members to get individual credit for these missions. Unfortunately, the only people who get credit are the ones who contribute toward the total needed wins or rank points earned, and then the mission completes and closes, making getting individual completion for PvP missions for large guilds unpleasant. Additionally, there is a cooldown on the missions so they cannot be spam activated if more guild teams are in a match, so that is not a solution.

The solution to this would simply be to leave the timer open and allow anyone who got a win/earned rank points to get individual rewards, but that is not how the system works.

(edited by Lunaleigh.4673)

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

The individual rewards are completely random it seems.

PvP (easy variant this week)
>> Guild reward given, individual rewards either not happening at all for team mates or in my case, was granted, but missed the Resonating Sliver.
>> Also, there is nothing in the description that says the mission requires a minimum Rank (or how high this rank should be). At least for the easy missions, there should be no rank barrier.

PvE (guild rush)
>> One out of six participating guildies got individual rewards when we did it in Diessa last week. The rest did get nothing.

WvW (camp defend)
>> The description needs a change, because holding the camp does not require an actual guild claim (only possible with War Room) and will fail if the circle was challenged even for one split second (unlike the Defense events in the old Alpine BL)

After having done four guild missions, to earn Favour over the last two weeks, I only got 2 Slivers.

Please fix

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Doireidh.4682

Doireidh.4682

For the trek, I came along with another two guildies to the spot, but they activated it while I still wasn’t in the exact spot.
Some 20 seconds later, another guildie comes and stands with me, killing the mobs around. The guildie that came last got the reward while I didn’t.

For the puzzle, I even took one of those things through the maze, still didn’t get any reward. A guildie who was just waiting at the end, doing nothing, got a reward.

Seems pretty random to me…

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Officer Dk.5908

Officer Dk.5908

Bumping this because my guild is also having these issues, yesterday we couldn’t even complete the rush because only 6 people in total were actually transformed back from the wolf form even though everyone else was running back and forth, some standing still, all around the end flag.

This needs fixing ASAP, the new system is very bad for limiting our missions choices and cutting out on variety (at one point we got 3 rushes to do in the same week!), but to even do the missions and have they not credit is very aggravating.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Ashtaeroth.3940

Ashtaeroth.3940

Can we have any news from the dev side on this, is it being looked at? Quick googling shows that the first reports of missing rewards to guild/person were done 15 days ago in reddit. And I for one quit our mission runs after puzzle/rush failed to give any rewards to anyone, including the favor to the guild. Considering these are heavily time gated things, why hasn’t there been word yet?

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: RDarken.2495

RDarken.2495

Yeah, our guild used to take us about an hour to complete; today it took us two and a half because of bugs and stuff. We ran puzzle three times, and one member did not get the reward any of the times – even when we made sure only people without rewards completed the events.

Honestly, these aren’t even fun right now…

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Same here.

Reporting the following issues(as above).

1. mini map not showing in Proxymetrics and deep trouble.
2. Rewards given at random in guild puzzles. Some get them, some not with no disenable reason why(e.g people who put an orb in sometimes didn’t, while someone else who just ran along did)
3. Kicking off a puzzle or challenge is very very clunky and confusing. Click on the flag to try to get everyone in, click it again to get everyone into the mission instance, then click on an NPC to start it. Why not just click on the flag once and then talk to an NPC.
4. Timers completing early, e.g another guilds time runs out on their rush, so does ours even if it has 6 mins left.
5. Do you want to accept credit prompts repeatedly appearing at the end of the puzzle(does nothing though)

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

(edited by Shanaeri Rynale.6897)

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Lunaleigh.4673

Lunaleigh.4673

In order to get credit for the guild at the rush, needed people to go through the end flags one at a time and zigzag through the end flag by calling guildies one at a time. Having people go through in a ball of guildies got them individual credit but not guild completion credit. Needed to get guild completion credit to get people their commendations. (Additional problems)

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Any word of a fix? There’s hundreds of reddit posts about this and people are not running guild missions anymore out of frustration.

Magumer Ranger

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Lexan.5930

Lexan.5930

Just did puzzle a few minutes ago and a good portaion of my guild got no personal reward chest at the end.

Anet should have kept the end chest and put a simple trash item in there, maybe some flavor text, and then tied your personal reward to the end chest, like that did before

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Kaine.7058

Kaine.7058

I’m also having issues. I wanted to do the medium weekly opportunities, went to the area where the instance was, started the mission, entered the instance, no problem. Talked to the NPC, the heli came, dropped the Charzookas. I, who started it, and have all permissions in my guild, click on the charzooka, and am told: “These weapons are only available for guild members who have earned this challenge.” It makes no sense to me, we had everything unlocked prior to the expansion launching, so I’m pretty sure we’ve earned it.

Edit: Well I left it, and went back in, was able to pick up the Charzookas and finish the mission, so looks like a random bug then.

(edited by Kaine.7058)

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

My guild did a rush and a puzzle tonight with about 50 people. In the puzzle, not everyone got personal rewards, and the guild did not get credit. The rush was borked six ways to Sunday:

When we arrived, one guild was just finishing up, and a couple other guilds were waiting to start. When they started the next rush, the rush course displayed the guild emblem from the previous rush’s guild, while others showed the current one. As others have reported, we ended up with many people getting stuck in wolf form at the end. That seemed to get somewhat unblocked near the end of the time period, so quite a few people got their personal rewards, but one of the participating guilds did not receive guild credit. I think it may have even been the guild that started the rush! Our guild did get credit, though we were not the ones who started it. The last flag kept phasing in and out of existence, too.

And don’t get me started on the timer starting when you start the rush in the guild interface instead of when you start the rush on site…Perhaps that is WAI, but it is very frustrating to have the clock ticking down while you wait for some other guild to finish up.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

You forgot to mention that there is no catagory within the /bug tool to file guild mission bugs. I wonder how many reports get discarded because they were filed in the wrong category.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Puzzle rewards bugged for our guild too. Had something like 15 people doing it and only couple got rewarded.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Anet Seriously? The Guild Missions are a real Bug-feast.

Yesterday we did Trek and Bounty Training, which worked well. Then the Bug-feast started. First Puzzle, only a few members get credits. Rush, event failed because only a few members get credits. Second Puzzle, only a few members get credits. Redo of Rush, only a few members get credits, but enough to get guild credits.

4 bugged Missions in a Row? That’s really frustrating and our members are not motivated to do any more Guild Missions without bug fixes.

(edited by Shylock.4653)

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Another week of the random rewards show. 2 Rushes and a puzzle..

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

We also experienced a lot of the same bugs last night during guild missions.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Hawksbane.2783

Hawksbane.2783

As did we, with the guild rush you can queue over the line, but this only works if people from other guilds running at the same time know to do it too.
The bounty appeared to work
Same problem with the mini-map on the puzzle, and apparently random rewards, I was one of the last people through the maze in Proxemics and got a reward, while others got nothing.
As others have noted, getting rewards for the Trek seemed to involve at least standing on the spot when it is activated, some people did get the rewards without activating anything, but whether it activated or not seemed to be random too.
I wasn’t online for the WvW one, but that did seem to work at least.

Hawksbane
LB Ranger from GH
RPS Officer

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Merry.7290

Merry.7290

We’ve had about 15-25 players doing guild missions. The only time everyone got their reward was in WvW and for the bounty.

Treks: 5 man not doable with large guilds. Players have to do them in small groups at different times. Some report no rewards.

Puzzle: Proxemic Lab – No cheese chest at the end; most players didn’t get a reward at the end and no one able to see the maze map it just shows players running around an ice map. Luckily many players knew where to go for the orbs.

PvP: Most never received rewards.

The biggest issue right now is so many players not getting any sort of reward, even when we run a puzzle twice. :/

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

We did missions again this week omg really?? all of the above and then some. used portal in hall to get to them still had to ferry people over 50 people ran proxies no rewards bonus chest or ground chest for anyone but completed and got Favor. Rush the same ghost wolf had 50 another guild there time ran out on theres said ours failed, restarted it got Favor but only 3 got bonus chest and ground chest at the end. Now we have that Crab Toss challenge this week had it last week and it is MAJORLY bugged instance wont open and the crab randomly goes active and if not there and ready it fails. Have quaggan rush this week have already read all the bug reports on that. come on anet either do a roll back on guild missions so they work and people get Favor AND thier rewards or Get Them Fixed ASAP!

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

And what’s up with removing the end chest from the rush and puzzle? So not only do folks not get the wiggle chest (randomly) but there’s not even the big chest at the end. Personal rewards for guild missions are pretty crap right now. What’s the point of doing them if you’re in a large guild and it doesn’t really matter if you show up or not….

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

As much as I love them, guild missions are in horrible shape right now. Anet letting the personal reward issue go this long without even acknowledging it is inexcusable.

And one more to add – when we had the Proxemics Lab puzzle last week, the puzzle room at the end didn’t show up on the minimap. We had to navigate by feel and by memory. Made it very awkward and added difficulty for the wrong reason.

Guild missions are still my favorite part of the game, but the lack of support for them (no new ones with expansion – and now the ones we did have are basically broken) is disturbing.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I have to agree with the post above. Guild Missions are great, but not in the current state. We did 4 PVE missions yesterday evening. As a guild leader I am happy that the guild got flavor for all 4 missions. As a player I am reasonable happy that I got 3 out of 4 personal rewards. I only missed a reward for the easy trek as I wasn’t one of the members who activated a point. As a guild leader I am extremely unhappy with the personal rewards in general. Many members didn’t got rewards for the puzzle. Even the ones that carried an orb in the maze! One member that got left behind (error on my part in watching for lost sheep) didn’t finished the puzzle at all, but got the personal reward. The personal rewards for the trek didn’t work either for all members.

To end with a positive note: Spectrehaunt Socket for the Trek was amazing! I play this game since the pre-release and had never seen that place. I managed to click the button with only a few seconds left on the clock to finish the trek successfully

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: RDarken.2495

RDarken.2495

Treks: 5 man not doable with large guilds. Players have to do them in small groups at different times. Some report no rewards.

If you have people stand on a single point WITHOUT activating it, it should work. Basically, you get people to trigger all but one of the points – have remaining members stand on the last point. One person triggers it, all should get rewards.

In order to get credit for the guild at the rush, needed people to go through the end flags one at a time and zigzag through the end flag by calling guildies one at a time.

I’m not sure the single line thing works. I crossed by myself yesterday (I was first YAY) but did not trigger it. I had to run back over it to get it, but it could just be lag. Lag has been awful.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Ilharn.6813

Ilharn.6813

Guild Missions…kitten
Quaggan Race:
1st run: 15/15.. didn’t count, no reward
2nd run: 4/15, all members stay quaggan,kittenor died instant

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

No chest on the ground at the end of puzzles and rushes is terrible as well. What happened?

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

And one more to add – when we had the Proxemics Lab puzzle last week, the puzzle room at the end didn’t show up on the minimap. We had to navigate by feel and by memory. Made it very awkward and added difficulty for the wrong reason.

I noticed that. For some reason the instance was over in Lornar’s pass.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Taek.4671

Taek.4671

Our guild also had problems tonight with guild mission. Wolf race a number for us kept running through last flag and it didn’t pop and no reward for us. Then Quaggan race – failed even with doing 15/15, tried with other guilds too and still didn’t complete.

[TGA]The Gamers Asylum

Guild Mission Bugs

Officer Dk.5908

The worst thing is that guild missions worked great before the update for HoT, and have been undeniably broken ever since without any word from anyone that they are at the very least looking into it. I miss having fun with my guild doing these.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: terrygodking.1463

terrygodking.1463

up!

this is a really big problem in my eyes! guild missions have been an essential part in our guild-life and even tho it was repetetive, we did it just for the togetherness. now, many of the missions are bugged: yesterday, we did a puzzle with ~15 ppl and only 4 (!) received a reward… not, that the rewards are the great anyway but it should award every player who participated at the event at least with something; they even removed the chest in the end, so that the most of us really got nothing!

please fix these issues, it really killed GMs for us!

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

No chest on the ground at the end of puzzles and rushes is terrible as well. What happened?

Even the second “bonus” chest in Langmar Estate got removed. What’s up with neutering guild event rewards for members?

Guild Mission Bugs

Blaeys.3102

Bugs we saw last night with guild missions -

1. Limited number of people received rewards from the Puzzle.
2. People didnt transform when crossing finish line for Quaggan Paddle.
3. Even though it said we had 15 across on Quaggan Paddle, we did not get reward (personal or guild) when the race finished.
4. Using the guild portal to go to Southsun placed people at a camp one second before it became contested and overrun with Karka. Since they didnt have a waypoint in the zone, it seriously slowed us down.
5. Mini maps for puzzle and challenge did not match the event we were actually doing. One showed a pvp map and the other showed dredgehaunt for some reason (even though we were in Southsun).

How have these HUGE bugs gone unaddressed (AT ALL) in two weeks.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Our guild also experienced these bugs last night. Being a small guild we need all the favor we can get. Finished the Quaggan Paddle, received the personal reward but the guild reward after having 15/15 done was not rewarded.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Because of no rewards our missions went from little under an hour to over two hour now because of constant restarts of Rushes and Puzzles as the result of people not receiving credit for what they’re doing.

This should be either fixed or re-rolled back to its previous state.

We’re loosing more and more people as the missions progress because their time is not paying off at all by participating…

Please look into this. It’s a nightmare telling my guildies we have to move on to the next mission and there will be no reward because it’s broken…

“But he got a rewards, why didn’t I? Let’s try one more time.”

It’s almost like telling your kid there will be no Christmas presents because Santa didn’t deliver anything under the tree they worked so hard to decorate…

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Ashtaeroth.3940

Ashtaeroth.3940

A little update on this… when logging in today, tuesday, I got my reward from the guild rush… this makes no sense whatsoever… maybe I should’ve taken a screenshot from it.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Kylindra.1794

Kylindra.1794

I’m an officer in a large guild and we’ve been experiencing major headaches trying to get people their personal credit for missions. All the issues stated in the OP are totally accurate.

Of these, Puzzle is by far the worst nightmare. There seems to be NO connection to who does what and who gets personal rewards. At least with PvP missions, we know WHY we’re being screwed, with Puzzle we have no idea what’s happening.

Obviously what we really need is for all these bugs to be fixed, but in the mean time I’d like the following:

- An acknowledgement of these issues and that they are being worked on
- An explanation of the “rules” for getting both guild and individual credit on these missions, which seem to have changed substantially from the way we’ve been doing them for years. It’s clear that some of these are bugged to hell, while others may simply have rule systems that don’t work very well or that we don’t understand. If we knew how they are SUPPOSED to work now, that would help us organizing our missions and filling out our bug reports afterwards.

Guild Mission Bugs

Blaeys.3102

This would help a lot. I worry that raids, being a more external newsworthy item, may be taking more focus than they deserve right now.

I can also guarantee that if, on day one, raids have the same loot issues were seeing in guild missions right now, the devs will be all over it. The bugs with guild missions should get the same level of attention (more given they are a more immediate need right now).

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: SassySusan.6538

SassySusan.6538

Honestly, I think the issues with Guild Missions should be fixed ASAP since they are available now!
While we all are looking forward to raids, since they aren’t available at this moment I don’t feel like I am missing anything. It is very disheartening to complete a puzzle or race and not get a thing for doing so!

This would help a lot. I worry that raids, being a more external newsworthy item, may be taking more focus than they deserve right now.

I can also guarantee that if, on day one, raids have the same loot issues were seeing in guild missions right now, the devs will be all over it. The bugs with guild missions should get the same level of attention (more given they are a more immediate need right now).

Guild Mission Bugs

Officer Dk.5908

Honestly, I think the issues with Guild Missions should be fixed ASAP since they are available now!
While we all are looking forward to raids, since they aren’t available at this moment I don’t feel like I am missing anything. It is very disheartening to complete a puzzle or race and not get a thing for doing so!

Well, actually it might be a complete different team working on raids and on bug fixes so one thing wouldn’t influence another… but then again, we have no acknowledgment that the issue is even on their targets, so they may just be ignoring it fully so far.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Wyse.5976

Wyse.5976

Seriously this has been an issue since HoT came out, and it’s making it harder and harder to get guildies to participate if they aren’t guaranteed a reward. Please fix this.

Guild Mission Bugs

Blaeys.3102

This really needs to be addressed before the next mission reset. It is extremely frustrating and makes missions more frustrating than fun.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Breut.8591

Breut.8591

My guild had an other kind of bug. I did pvp mission.
We were supposed to have a cumulated number of point equal to 500 in ONE match. We failed but then succeeded when we reached those 500 points cumulative two successive matches. This happened twice.

This week again we start an other kind of mission : win 2 match in 40 mins.
After loosing two we get our reward XP

I didn’t send a ticket. Maybe I should

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

We need one of the two things at the moment:

- acknowledgement that this is being worked on.

- set of rules that determines who and how they get the rewards for participating

Having to run missions every week for past few years, it would help termendously if I’d be actually capable of getting everyone their reward. At the moment we as Leaders and Officers of bigger guilds have tons of complains and questions that we have no answers for.

PLEASE WORK WITH US ON THIS.

Guild Mission Bugs

Blaeys.3102

I really wish they would stop talking about raids until they at least let us know what is being done to fix this HUGE issue.

Guild Mission Bugs

Officer Dk.5908

We need one of the two things at the moment:

- acknowledgement that this is being worked on.

- set of rules that determines who and how they get the rewards for participating

Having to run missions every week for past few years, it would help termendously if I’d be actually capable of getting everyone their reward. At the moment we as Leaders and Officers of bigger guilds have tons of complains and questions that we have no answers for.

PLEASE WORK WITH US ON THIS.

I second this, the most important thing is for someone to drop by and say they know about this and are working on it, but to have any kind of workaround while a fix is not in place would be excellent.

Since they released HoT they made this big deal about how guilds are important and made a new guild hall and stuff, but then capped how we can play as a guild by closing up guild missions, limiting them, and rushing the new guild mission system with A LOT of bugs that have been ignored ever since, it is clear how little they are caring about them.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

bugged like hell from 8 guild misions got only 2 reward they need fix it asap or give us compensation.

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Matdudix.4763

Matdudix.4763

Same bugs here, lot of people without their reward :/
Rush was kinda hilarious, with about 50 wolves trying to finish it, only to end up with people in line, going 1 by 1

Also, a little bit disapointed by the puzzle chest not being here anymore, especially the cheese one, which gave sens to the maze, the cat golem and us being the mice

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

A lot of guildies didn’t get their personal rewards when we ran missions last night. We sent in support tickets to see if we could get an answer to the issue, as well as possible get guildies credit for the commendations they missed out on. (Fortunately, we got favor for the runs, at least.)

The responses from support were frustrating. I had one that explained to me how they were sorry I disconnected – which I didn’t. Another that said “please don’t send in support tickets, send in bug reports” – but we were submitting under the “missing item” category, because we were, indeed, missing rewards from events we successfully completed.

After a couple of back and forths with different GM’s, one of them actually explained that this was a known bug and they expected to have a fix out in a couple of days – but what was most interesting was that I sent in the same information for four different missions – and got four completely different responses from support. The only real difference was which mission I didn’t get rewards for. Some consistency would have been nice.

We also ran into the inability to transform at the end bug on both quaggan and wolf runs – at one point, we literally had a string of quaggans circling around the final portal to swim back through and try to get credit for completion. And yes, those folks had made all the previous portals. They had the orange end flag on their minimaps.

Also, in the maze, losing the minimap was painful. Be nice to be able to see it again!

Guild Mission Bugs

Posted by: Zex.3618

Zex.3618

These bugs are making guild nights no fun anymore.

Guild Mission Bugs

Blaeys.3102

These bugs are making guild nights no fun anymore.

Im not sure they understand how big a blow this is to many guilds.

As far as Im concerned – raids – squad ui – even the new legendaries – they can all wait. This needs someone’s full attention right now. The night that most in my guild look forward to the most has turned into a logistics and buggy disaster.