Hearing Player Shouts for Map

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

You know I don’t mind it that much when I’m alone, actually it is is quite funny to hear my norn warrior talking with an asura engi voice, but when you’re in a group this is really annoying, since you don’t know if this is the bug or if one of your group members really needs your help.
Kind of destroys the Roleplaying aspect too.

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

this is honestly creepy as hell after a while, i feel like the ghosts of the 50,000 i’ve killed in wvw are haunting me

Posted by: FastnBulbous.8142

FastnBulbous.8142

Also getting this… It’s amusing but also breaks the immersion in a big way. Gonna stop playing until it’s fixed I think.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

AHHH the voices in my head

https://youtu.be/rksjesu6FvU

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

As a temporary fix, can we consider replacing all player character soundbites with Traherne monologue?

This won’t end well.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Solarisis.1450

Solarisis.1450

Any updates on this? I keep hearing cries for help when there is no one around!

Posted by: shaman.1938

shaman.1938

the first day this was going on I will point out I was sure I was just playing too much and telling everyone I was hearing voices..

when I found out others are as well I started to believe the conspiracy theories that “they were putting something in our water” since we were all hearing it..

going to the doctor for a prescription of Thorazine

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

AHHH the voices in my head

https://youtu.be/rksjesu6FvU

O.o

Posted by: SolidGold.7958

SolidGold.7958

Yay, I’m not the only person hearing stuff. Played for a few hours yesterday with my sister, and she never mentioned anything, so I didn’t mention anything either. But I thought I must be crazy, like there were characters running around that I couldn’t see or something. But then I realized that my characters lips were moving every time it happened, and was all horrified like “gasp it’s me!” :O

This girl misses Cantha and her Ritualist.

Posted by: SomeName.1079

SomeName.1079

Yeah getting this too, for the last few days.

Hearing my female Silvari shout “For great justice!” in a deep male char voice is funny, but only the first few times. 1000’s of incorrect chatters later, it’s getting real annoying.

Posted by: Bigoak.3270

Bigoak.3270

Didn’t they notice this during testing, or is this some debug flag that got left on by mistake?

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

a male charr warrior crossed my path and suddenly i heard the female human voiceclip “stand your ground”

i can’t remember laughing so hard about a guild wars 2 bug

LOL!

This afternoon I was staring at my monitor with an aching head, when a mean male norn voice shouted ‘Agony, torment, pain!’ Well, thats what I call caring customer support…

enthusiastic noob

Posted by: Bryce.2846

Bryce.2846

“Disorient, stupefy, confuse!”

cmon get this fixed, its annying

“Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze.”

Posted by: Ruffbowwow.5637

Ruffbowwow.5637

Yesterday I thought this was your typical “missed it in pre-patch testing” bug, but after 2 more patches (especially when you are stood in a snow field surrounded by ONLY Dolak and trees, or in the middle of a lake playing as an female elementalist n keep hearing a male char necro summoning followers when theres just you and a couple of fish in there), the fun goes out of this ‘glitch’ and things start to become really annoying instead!!

How can we concentrate on our characters when we continually suspect we are about to be clobbered from the flank or rear because of rogue soundbites? FIX IT ASAP PLEASE

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Please for the love of all kittens make this stop.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Shaimou.6182

Shaimou.6182

Please, this needs to be addressed ASAP. The “Agony, torment, pain!” this is causing is unbearable.

Posted by: zimzim.3624

zimzim.3624

It’s getting unbearable. Ruins my mood completely when playing.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I feel quite sure that the team is aware of this, but I’ll send an e-mail to confirm that they do. I also noted my character was unusually “chatty” tonight, and it seems this is happening to chars of various professions and races.

This is getting more than just annoying, it’s almost constant. Thank goodness the dailies were quick and easy today so I could get out and play an different game.
Still waiting for the confirmation

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

If this Keeps up my characters are going pantsless so they can look the part of being NUTS!

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Well, I’m gonna say it, I’m finding it quite entertaining XD

My dear little female asura necro went round dropping turrets all last night, and in a deep manly voice as well

Posted by: Luesarim.2065

Luesarim.2065

I came back to this game after a very very long hiatus and was thrilled to jump back in with my friend (who also left). Now we are getting so frustrated and annoyed at these random voices. I’t constant and irritating. We RP as we play so turning off sound just kills the game for us but leaving it on does the same thing. It’s been days now. I want to play but I cringe knowing I’m going to be annoyed every few seconds. Please fix it.

Posted by: Hexd.4796

Hexd.4796

For great justice, please fix this!

Posted by: relief.2073

relief.2073

In the begining it was scary as hell, while running in wvw, and hearing “For great justice!” or some kind of other shout that wasn’t friendly for alone PvE player that wanted to capture ruin ._. Later it was funny how my female characters got deep male voices, and vice versa, but now i had to mute it all… It was too mindblowing. Please fix it.

Posted by: Akkawi.7580

Akkawi.7580

I wonder why there is so many issues from this new patch.

I hope all issues get addressed accordingly and as soon as possible, as I can’t even play due to the FPS problem.

Posted by: Finn Dove of Myst.7819

Finn Dove of Myst.7819

Alas, I have been forced to confront the fact that my character(s) are clearly becoming a bit unhinged as a result of the strange curse-of-tongues that I seem unable to recover from. Please forgive me if I happen to walk up behind you and begin shouting “Help me out” or “Save yourself” in random male/female charr/sylvari/human/norn/asura voices. It is my curse. :-(

Stick to the plan AND Go with the flow.

Posted by: Finn Dove of Myst.7819

Finn Dove of Myst.7819

Dare I say I may be cured?!

Stick to the plan AND Go with the flow.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Aww did they make it better? /sadliness

Well it was fun while it lasted

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I hope someone will kick 3 kitten for this: the code writer, the tester and the one who let it online
Btw anet should use this as a mini living story starting issue. Some demonic obsesson or something. That should be awesome.

And i image a female human thief as she trys to sneak up behind somebody and she randomly shouts a charr male for great justice! Everybody freeze and the bad boys slowly turn around…

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: Mizukiaki.8590

Mizukiaki.8590

I heard about this happening but never heard it until today out of my female Sylvari Mesmer. It was funny when I stared seeing her say Aura Mesmer and Charr warrior shouts instead of the Sylvari Mesmer voice.. But yes I will be glad when the coding is set right again.

Great games come and go, but the Awesome games are endless!!
Matron Kaldona Kye, Mesmer GW since launch.
Matron Kaldona Kye, Sylvari Chronomancer GW2 since closed Beta.

Posted by: Shaimou.6182

Shaimou.6182

What? Is it finally fixed?

Posted by: GinsuChef.3765

GinsuChef.3765

I thought those were voices from the Mist. A preview of the Revenant class.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

What? Is it finally fixed?

Yup:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an issue that caused player voice to play on the incorrect character.

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

I know this is an old thread, but I’ve noticed this happening to me a lot over the past couple of months, at least.

For example, I was standing on the trebuchet in Battle of Khylo yesterday on my human guardian with nobody nearby at all, and I heard quite clearly (as though from my own character) a male sylvari saying, “Someone help me!” My wife was in the map with me (but also nowhere near anyone else) and she heard it, too. She confirmed that it sounded like it was coming from right next to her, so it wasn’t just me.

This is just one example. It happens to me several times per session. I don’t see it on the “Known Issues” tracker, so I wanted to make someone aware of it. I’m actually surprised I couldn’t find anyone else talking about it here.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis