Hero Panel Dye Preview Failing [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Caleb Lightblade.1067

Caleb Lightblade.1067

Sometimes when I go to dye my armor, some pieces show up as all one color, even though the dyes selected are completely different. Example: The dyes chosen in my hero panel are black and white, but the armor in the window is all red. Strangely, the actual armor my character is wearing follows the dyes selected, as I guess the bug is only in the hero panel. This has happened on a few characters over the past couple weeks. Any suggestions?

Attachments:

Posted by: limonovich.4971

limonovich.4971

still not fixed

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Would’ve loved to have seen this fixed with the patch today

Posted by: xgmz.5674

xgmz.5674

I don’t know if this is the right tread, but returned from a few months break, and I still get the dye revertig/changing bug.

Equiping new armor changes dye to a neutral brown color.

I thought this was fixed…

Posted by: Marplot.1748

Marplot.1748

I am experiencing this issue as well.

Posted by: Ataraxis.6098

Ataraxis.6098

I keep having this issue as well. Any progress on a fix yet?

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Yes I have this same bug. medium and light armor haven’t tried heavy. Yesterday

Guild Wars 2 Forever

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I have it too… Doesn’t matter if its armour or Outfits.

Kima & Co

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

still not fixed, i guess no more fashion wars 2 for the time being

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

Still occurring, though I was able to change colors with my Necro reaper in BWE1.

(edited by sadatoni.6524)

Posted by: Sealreth.1425

Sealreth.1425

hmm just hovering over the colour sections fixes the colours though. Tts purely cosmetic UI bug

Sethy Alre [Main: Thief, 19 Characters] -
[TSP] The Shadow Phantoms – Guild master
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I also encountered this problem. I was dyeing my armour blue and red (don’t ask why) and it showed up blue even though I had red slots.. it’s not a gamebreaking bug, but still annoying.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Kiamchye.8412

Kiamchye.8412

Bump, ive been having this issue for too long and its driving me insane :O

Posted by: Warbog The Slayer.8412

Warbog The Slayer.8412

yep still got this bug too.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

This is still happening for me.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Son of Urza.1692

Son of Urza.1692

Just experienced this bug for the first time today. Applied Dye Remover to my male sylvari guardian’s armor in the hero panel preview in preparation to try out some other dye previews and was a little startled when it switched to a (admittedly rather snazzy) red and black color scheme. What’s extra weird is I’m pretty sure I don’t even have any dyes unlocked that match that shade of black.

Screenshot attached. Actual character shows the proper armor colors once applied, as typical for this bug.

EDIT: Switched to a different character and back, and now it seems to be working properly again. Weird. Tried applying more dyes. I now get the “applying dye to one part dyes all parts in the preview window” version of the bug. Preview window now convinced his armor is entirely Stream, regardless of what I do in terms of applying dyes or dye removers. Second screenshot attached.

Further experimentation shows that logging out to character select will “reset” the hero panel dye preview window (it will correctly display the dyes my character currently has applied). Selecting and applying a dye to at least one armor dye channel will trigger the bug. Dye Remover produces the red-and-black color in the first screenshot. Any other color will spread to cover the entire armor in the preview window. Once the bug has been triggered it is “locked in” and the armor color in the preview window will stay the same (except if you hover a dye over a dye channel to “preview” the affect, which will change that particular item’s dye channel temporarily, with the effect reverting once you stop hovering- including if you actually apply the dye to that dye channel).

Workaround: after “resetting” the window by logging out and back in, the dye preview window will work properly UP UNTIL I HIT THE “APPLY” BUTTON. Thus I can experiment with a new dyes so long as I don’t actually apply them to my armor until I am satisfied. Hitting the “reset” button does not seem to cause issues.

It may be tied to specific dye channel(s). Returning my armor to a mix of Stream and Dye Remover produced the red-and-black color scheme triggered by Dye Remover.

This bug does NOT affect all of my characters. It is affecting my male sylvari guardian, female charr warrior, and female human elementalist. It does not affect my male human thief or my male charr necromancer.

Attachments:

(edited by Son of Urza.1692)

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

Still happening for me after 3 months, but only on my human (not my norns).

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

This just started happening to me – either the new dye doesn’t show in preview (it’ll flash for a second or two, but then reverts), or it does, but when you hit ‘apply’ the preview turns all the pieces the same colour. In game looks fine. Tested this across all my characters (yes= the preview is broken):
Human female- no
Human female 2- no
Norn female – yes
Norn female 2- yes
Asura female – yes
Asura male- yes
Sylvari female- yes
Sylvari male- no

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

When I dyed the Royal Guard Outfit on all my alts yesterday I frequently had the image start out in odd colors. I found that just toggling the Hero Panel off and on again cured it each time.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

FixitFixitFixitFixitFixitFixit!
/Fry

Patience young grasshopper :P

We’re hoping on our next release that our fix will clear this up!

This was in June. That’s the last reply we have from ArenaNet in this topic.

Did “Next release” mean “next game we will release”? Does HoT count? I somehow don’t think ArenaNet will last long enough to make a GW3…

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Oh dood, i f we have to wait for gw3 we’re screwed… i want a refund for my like 40 expensive dyes… and a plush griffon..

Posted by: Aluna Darklady.3165

Aluna Darklady.3165

I’ve been having issues lately with being unable to preview dyes correctly in my Hero screen. I click to apply a dye and it will show on my armor as I hover over it, but once I click to apply the dye the armor reverts to another color. That other color doesn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason to it, other than being a color I used for another dye slot. For example, I was testing Celestial on the metal pieces, and wanted Glacial Sky on the cloth, and it applied Celestial to my entire armor set. It seems to be updated correctly to what I apply once I get out of the Hero screen, but it is not allowing me to preview.

Attachments:

~Mera Darklady~
Legion of Honour [XIII]
Elementalist

Posted by: thescroll.9058

thescroll.9058

This issue is affect both my girlfriend’s account and my own. It started yesterday and is slowly propagating its way through multiple characters on my account.

Posted by: Jorand.9604

Jorand.9604

For a long time now, I’ve been having an issue with previewing dyes on my warrior. Each time I select and apply dye for either the chest, leg, shoulder, or head slot, and click “apply”, the selected dye is not applied. Instead, a random dye (usually close to the color I chose) is applied to the chest, leg , and boot slots. This does not actually apply to the character outside of the preview interface, but it makes previewing and selecting dyes incredibly difficult. The only way to reset the effects is to leave the zone I’m in.

The example I’ve included in a screenshot shows that Celestial dye is applied to only one part of the chest piece my warrior is wearing, but the preview displays it being applied to all of the chest, leg, and boot skins he is wearing.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could look into this issue, even if it is an isolated one.

Attachments:

Posted by: Crocuta.1785

Crocuta.1785

After having the first color change,i find it impossible to choose another color.
Preview block all with the first color.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

And still an issue for me.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Piper halliwell w.6578

Piper halliwell w.6578

Still no fix…..

Attachments:

Posted by: DragonHeart.7201

DragonHeart.7201

Still happening to me as well, eevery time after applying a dye, the preview goes haywire.

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

This is getting rather annoying. I’m a dye-o-holic – i’m suffering.

Arahor Aure [DVDF]