Hint Completion - STILL bugged.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sarathiel.6374

Sarathiel.6374

It’s been over half a year and I still can’t get this achievement. Can a Dev just port into my account and give it to me. I have 100% on the hint panel and 81/83 on achievements. Please fix this. It really bugs me I can’t complete content.

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

We’ve been 7 months asking for a fix for this, but a dev is just going to “port into your account” and award it to you…

Posted by: Skempi.9276

Skempi.9276

I’m also wondering why such small ‘bug’ needs to wait so long to be fixed… it’s annoying for everyone who enjoyes achievement hunting.

Stuck at 82/83 here, already reported 2x, never gotten a response.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I still need enough mail in my inbox to get that one to trigger; it’s the last one I need. Then, hopefully the counter will catch up to the ones checked off in the UI.

Posted by: JDC.9512

JDC.9512

82/83 Social 66% i have mail full but no massage …

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

@JDC – I have the exact same problem. 82/83 Social 66% mail full. I went so far as to buy something from the gem store to see if my mail was truly full. The item did not show up until I deleted a message but I still didn’t get the hint completed.

Does anyone know a trick to fix this mailbox full issue?
Do we need to submit a support ticket or is it a known issue?

EDIT: others in my guild reported they had 82/83 of their hints completed but their missing hints are varied: ranger switching pets, mailbox full, etc. And none of them can get the achievement even when they complete the action required.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

(edited by Infernia.9847)

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

I have the same issue with hint completion, only my hint is “repair your armor” or something like that. Been that way forever.

Posted by: Forstral.3752

Forstral.3752

My hint problem is items & equipment. I have completed everything except laurels even though I have 21 laurels in my account.

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

82/83 – Items and Equipment – Laurels, I’ve had over 160 laurels (currently, 71), and have spent them on multiple characters.

Tomorrow, I’m going to try to complete the PvP Daily, and see if it triggers…Still insane that this bug has existed this long, but they have time to add content that is only around for a few days…

Posted by: Skeletor.5127

Skeletor.5127

I’m also at 82/83 and have been for a few months now. The only thing I am missing is PVP Finishing Downed Opponents by hitting F. I know I have used it in WvW, and yesterday a guildie suggested I try it PvP. So tonight I went there for first time and it still didn’t work….

Edit: stumbled across this just now: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Hint-completion-82-83-1/first#post2421397

It worked but didn’t update the score so still sitting at 82/83

(edited by Skeletor.5127)

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

I have 100% of the hints and am stuck at 82/83
The last hint was the engineer kits. Made my engineer (last missing class in my full set).
Hint popped up, hints show 100%, achievement stuck at 82/83.
I have the typical culprits of full mailbox and finishing. The achievement just doesn`t update.

Posted by: JackEGC.7261

JackEGC.7261

Stuck at 82/83, with items and equipment (laurels) still not checked, even though I’ve gotten over 200 and purchased several items.

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

I think I figured out the Laurels one…when my monthly came up, there was a popup that said something about “You’ve earned Laurels, and can spend them…”. I waited awhile and didn’t accept the contents of the chest right away, then I closed the popup window, and that’s when I got the hint completion.

It’s odd that it requires you to close the hint window, but I think that’s the key to it. Hope that helps someone else.

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

I would have thought that ANet would have fixed the achievement bugs before implementing achievement rewards.. What the hell was I thinking..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Posted by: SAKRAY.3690

SAKRAY.3690

The thing with me is i’m not missing ANYTHING my whole hint box is cleared yet i’m missing 2 achievements it’s really annoying.

Shichi Gatsu ~ Elementalist
Ichigo Bushi ~ Warrior

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I don’t know, sounds like you guys are doing something wrong. I completed the achievement just fine.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: SeVeruS.1768

SeVeruS.1768

having same problem – all 83 of my hints have been checked yet the game claims I am missing one (82/83)….

Posted by: Silent The Gray.3091

Silent The Gray.3091

For the longest time I too “thought” I was stuck on this achievement. I had received 10 mails before, but they all have to be from players. I know that sounds silly, but here is what I ended up doing, I deleted ALL of my mail, and randomly asked in map chat for people to send me a random mail for the achievement. It’s worth a shot, sounds like a simple solution, and it was, if you consider yourself stuck, you have nothing to lose by trying to get it working.

Posted by: Seth Moonshadow.2710

Seth Moonshadow.2710

For the longest time I too “thought” I was stuck on this achievement. I had received 10 mails before, but they all have to be from players. I know that sounds silly, but here is what I ended up doing, I deleted ALL of my mail, and randomly asked in map chat for people to send me a random mail for the achievement. It’s worth a shot, sounds like a simple solution, and it was, if you consider yourself stuck, you have nothing to lose by trying to get it working.

I will try this as I am stuck at 81/83 and have been since release. I just want to say this is not a fix the problem. I would like to keep my special event emails that have the show me buttons. It would be nice if they would fix it.

| Dungeon Adventures | Blackgate | PvE | Lost Precipice | Gilded Hallow | Windswept Haven (soon)
http://www.dungeon-adventures.com

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

I still need the one for full mailbox (Social at 66%). I’ve already emptied my mailbox on multiple characters. So how do it get it?

Yes, I’d really appreciate it if a GM can just mark that as completed for me so that I can get the achievement.