Instant "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Roll back the servers? Are you kidding me? Don’t let other people’s AP numbers and a title over their character head be the cause of every other player losing progress since the last patch.

You people really need to get your priorities straight if a few extra people passed you in Achievement points. It’s not a duplication glitch of precursors or anything drastic. No ones getting infinite Karma.

This does not directly effect anyone who doesn’t exploit this bug, just a few insecure people might be kittened off, but oh well! Let’s cry and smash our keyboards while we are at it. Why not make the issue even more blown out of proportion than it already is!

Roll back the servers… wow. I shake my head. I better ask my brother to give me half his paycheck because he gets paid more than me and does less work.

Just wait until a fix, but I do like this idea!

Anet won’t do a rollback, but it would be the least they could do. Even if you played 24/7 since the patch, it’s still worth nothing compared to the value of GWAMM title.

If everyone would get instant each legendary right now it would still be less a problem then even one gwamm title for exploiter.

I hope Anet will just remove gwamm from every Account and that only people get it back that login gw1 one more time. So all bugusers and exploiters would lose it for sure.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Aikawa.8726

Aikawa.8726

I agree. This issue with the GWAMM title is kind of a big deal for those who earned it the hard way.

I find it really upsetting since it represents 6 years of playing GW1 (for me).

Let’s say you play GW2 for 6 years, earn 60k AP, then a new player starts the game and got those 60k AP because of a bug. Wouldn’t you make a big deal out of it? Or would still say : “meh, they’re just AP, let’s wait and see, it’s not that important”.

That’s how hard it was to get GWAMM. And in an instant, all of that hard work wkittentered.

At this point, I’m not even asking for them to hurry and fix it. I just want AN ANSWER from a dev, that’s the least they SHOULD do.

(edited by Aikawa.8726)

Posted by: Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

I think this will get fixed eventually. Meanwhile, players who recently bought Guild Wars waiting for HoT can’t access their rewards. That’s what will get fixed first, imo.

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

I agree. This issue with the GWAMM title is kind of a big deal for those who earned it the hard way.

I can only wonder if the pun was intended or not. Anyway, I’m a bit disappointed that we still did not get any information about the way they want to fix this bug. At this point a complete rollback is no longer an option, they would have to have done this last week. But anything that does not involve getting rid of every incorrectly awarded title is not solution.

Posted by: Rehero.7821

Rehero.7821

I think this will get fixed eventually. Meanwhile, players who recently bought Guild Wars waiting for HoT can’t access their rewards. That’s what will get fixed first, imo.

The lack of reward access isn’t bugged. They intentionally cut off access to avoid people from getting the skins from the bug. When they fix that which will more than likely fix the undeserved GWAMM title they will revert the block on rewards in the same go.

It is bothering the heck out of me that I can’t tell if a guy earned the GWAMM title or not. The sight of the title originally made me nostalgic, envious, proud, and more often than not caused me to offer props to whomever had it. The sight of the title now more often than not causes me disgust even if they earned it.

Posted by: Aikawa.8726

Aikawa.8726

I can only wonder if the pun was intended or not.

Nah, people know me, I’m not the kind of guy who throws out puns whenever it’s possible.

It is bothering the heck out of me that I can’t tell if a guy earned the GWAMM title or not. The sight of the title originally made me nostalgic, envious, proud, and more often than not caused me to offer props to whomever had it. The sight of the title now more often than not causes me disgust even if they earned it.

^This. Exactly my feeling. Fortunately, we still have the title from the 50 HoM points (I assume that real GWAMM also have Champion of Gods).
Unless people also got this one from the bug?

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

This directly affects everyone playing either game (GW1 or GW2) and i can only hope they won’t do something similar to something you care about but won’t be fixed because it’s not a priority.

I was unaware that displaying the GWAMM title gave you +10% damage in PvP. Yeah, ANet should so get on the ball and fix this bug which affects everyone by giving a concrete gameplay advantage to those cheaters.

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

This directly affects everyone playing either game (GW1 or GW2) and i can only hope they won’t do something similar to something you care about but won’t be fixed because it’s not a priority.

I was unaware that displaying the GWAMM title gave you +10% damage in PvP. Yeah, ANet should so get on the ball and fix this bug which affects everyone by giving a concrete gameplay advantage to those cheaters.

“he said sarcastically, as he gleefully looks at his new God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title that he didn’t spend 3000 hours earning.”

That which has no life.

Posted by: Harrimur.7425

Harrimur.7425

Well I understand that they have more important stuff to do atm. And yes its not a problem that should have first priority. But still some people put a lot of effort into this title so the very least they can do is give us some statement when it will be delt with. Otherwise it seems like they dont care at all.

Posted by: chris.9142

chris.9142

Is there anyone apart from a few gw1 players that actually care about this title

I5-4670k @4.2Ghz – 8Gb 2133mhz Gskill
Msi Z87 Gaming Board AMD R9 270x
-crucial 256 M500 SSD -Samsung 500Gb HDD

Posted by: SirPuddlesworth.6783

SirPuddlesworth.6783

Oh god kitten it… I just finished getting 10 HoM points for my fire sword and can’t get it!

As have I, though i’m still working on the HoM on Gw1, only got 7 points so far, I hope they unblock the content soon.

Posted by: Horus Nightlight.1276

Horus Nightlight.1276

Is there anyone apart from a few gw1 players that actually care about this title

Personally, I don’t really care about the title, skins or measly achievement points the track gives. Its the principle.

Its like asking if employers really care that about the 100% score on a year one primary school exam which was cheated upon when they have the transcripts of results from your graduating university.

Posted by: BanKel.9085

BanKel.9085

so, i bought a second account (it was cheaper during the sale {$15} than buying more character slots) and i want to go get stuff from the HoM because i’ve attached my (second) GW1 account to it….. but it’s been disabled….. anyone know when it will be enabled???

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Once the Devs figure out and implement a fix for the bug and its aftermath that caused them to have to disable rewards.

Good luck.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

So i assume i have to explain it for those who didn’t get it the first time.
The problem itself may not affect everyone, the way it is being handled affects everyone.
Just like others have shown good examples here, and since you brought up PvP… What if next time thousands of people would get the Champion Brawler title for entering the Heart of the Mists?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It might be 200,000 to 1,000,000 GW1 players affected by this in some way. Broken reward system is still broken, even if those who didn’t earn it are largely unaffected.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I was planning to finally buy and play GW1 shortly before this bug occured, in order to experience the story (instead of just reading into the lore).

Another reason was to get some HoM skins in the process (I doubt I will manage to get many titles though, since there is quite some playing time required). That part of my motivation is currently gone with this bug around… I guess I will wait with the purchase until I know this has been fixed, since currently it isn’t even possible to use the HoM…

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I was planning to finally buy and play GW1 shortly before this bug occured, in order to experience the story (instead of just reading into the lore).

Another reason was to get some HoM skins in the process (I doubt I will manage to get many titles though, since there is quite some playing time required). That part of my motivation is currently gone with this bug around… I guess I will wait with the purchase until I know this has been fixed, since currently it isn’t even possible to use the HoM…

Oh you should go ahead and get GW1 — you can still use its HoM and it will take you some time to start accumulating points.

Posted by: Erin Ravenseeker.2186

Erin Ravenseeker.2186

I just heard that the Heart of Thorns beta had an associated bug in the precursor achievement system which meant that all participants could insta-achieve up to five (those who discovered it early enough), AND get the associated legendary weapons without cost. The bug meant that they now have those weapons and skins in the current release. According to prior posters like Chris and Horus, this really shouldn’t be of concern to those of us who spent the time earning them the hard way, since ours will still exist.

Well of course this didn’t happen, but in effect this is what it means. If Anet do not resolve this properly, fairly and rapidly, then we may as well assume that the above scenario will also not be ‘of consequence’ to Anet, since they will probably have higher priorities, like the next expansion they can sell us.

I am adding my voice to this, since, unaware of the issue, I just spent the last weeks getting to 30 so I could get the black widow spider, and of course have just discovered I can not. Maybe one day I will be able to, but seems that so have many who didn’t put in the hard yards.

On the title, I proudly wear it on my other account, and I notice a large number who also do. So yes it does mean a lot.

Oh, and Rayti, if you’re thinking about getting gw1, do so, it’s a very different and very fun game. Still.

(edited by Erin Ravenseeker.2186)

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Oh you should go ahead and get GW1 — you can still use its HoM and it will take you some time to start accumulating points.

Oh, and Rayti, if you’re thinking about getting gw1, do so, it’s a very different and very fun game. Still.

I definitely will sooner or later (I guess sooner), thanks for the recommendations

Still, since I like earning things – be it points, titles or skins – this HoM bug leaves a sour taste. I hope they’ll find a solution soon, or at least give us a small update on the progress…

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

It might be 200,000 to 1,000,000 GW1 players affected by this in some way. Broken reward system is still broken, even if those who didn’t earn it are largely unaffected.

Hyperbole much?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: WarriorNow.1873

WarriorNow.1873

Yeah, I’m pretty peeved as well I finally logged back into my Gw1 account for over a year of not playing it just to get the last 20 or so points i needed to get the black widow, which took about 22 hours straight and now noticed I can’t even obtain it for the amount of time I put into it. I also heard the people that “Exploited” didn’t really mean to and it was just a bug for anyone that went into the HoM or something.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, I’m pretty peeved as well I finally logged back into my Gw1 account for over a year of not playing it just to get the last 20 or so points i needed to get the black widow, which took about 22 hours straight and now noticed I can’t even obtain it for the amount of time I put into it. I also heard the people that “Exploited” didn’t really mean to and it was just a bug for anyone that went into the HoM or something.

Yes, it was a bug caused by completing a starting instance. People were given instant GWAMM. They stopped it pretty quickly, but I’m sure some people DID take advantage of it before it was stopped. “Luckily”, HoM was bugged from that same patch (game would crash upon trying to enter), so no one was able to get in and get the rewards. And now it’s simply disabled to keep people who didn’t earn the rewards from getting them.

So yeah, it might suck a bit that you can’t get your rewards right now, but you’ll get them eventually.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Hyperbole much?

No, I don’t think so. We know that there were around 3 million pre-orders for GW2. It doesn’t seem a stretch to assume that at least 10% of those were GW1 players; it’s credible (but less likely) that 1/3 were GW1 players. Most, if not all, GW1 players who pre-ordered GW2 would have scored some HoM points and thus earned relevant rewards for this game. All of them are affected by the current situation, at least in some form.

I realize that my post made it sound like I was suggesting that a million people might be waiting to obtain their HoM rewards for the first time, due to the lockdown and I apologize for that, as I doubt that is the case. It’s probably not as many as 200k either. Still, given how many GW2 players have bought GW1 since the game launched and how many have recently decided to up their HoM score, I’d be very surprised if this didn’t directly affect thousands and thousands of players. By any measure, that’s more than “a few.”

Kaleban.9834

The problem itself may not affect everyone, the way it is being handled affects everyone.
Just like others have shown good examples here, and since you brought up PvP… What if next time thousands of people would get the Champion Brawler title for entering the Heart of the Mists?

And? Does the Champion Brawler TITLE give you some sort of gameplay advantage that I’m unaware of as well?

Just so we’re clear, I don’t have GWAMM (although my Mesmer in GW1 is 29 out of 30 titles, so I may one day finish the last one up and get it legit) and could care less if everyone in the game had it. GWAMM or Champion Brawler doesn’t make you better at dungeons, more deadly in PvP, or shoot Arrow Carts further in WvW.

They’re cosmetic, nothing more. The only person it affects negatively are those who place value on it to the point where their ego is miffed.

Its the same thing as Legendary weapons. Some rich guy can go buy all the Bifrosts he wants, heck why not one for each character? And that guy could be TERRIBLE in terms of gameplay, and get outperformed by a good player in blues and greens. An Ascended Staff is just as good as a Bifrost, costs significantly less, and the only difference is cosmetic, not mechanical.

Do you complain that people with an Incinerator can use the wardrobe to make it look like they have TWO Incinerators, even though they DIDN’T EARN IT!?!1 Why do you care?

If your enjoyment is wrapped up in what other people have, then you’re going to have a bad time.

Posted by: joannarei.4237

joannarei.4237

I just bought GW1 last month and got all the expansions and unlock skill packs. I maxed out most of my characters in GW2 and decided to take the time to earn some points in my HoM and got myself up to 23 points.

While the rest of the people complaining saying that they care less and don’t need the skins and achievement points as well as the titles, well that’s easy to say coming from the person that is not a veteran player from the GW1 phase.

I spent a lot of money on gw1 and also spent a lot of money on gw2 and I made the effort to earn my HoM points and to have a measly non-veteran player who doesn’t understand anything about the history of GW1, nonetheless even played GW1 since beginning has no idea what “effort” means.

If you worked hard for something, you should be rewarded from all that effort that was made and not just given to some measly player who haven’t made any effort at all rather than play a game to look beautiful while being given rewards for free without earning it.

For a lot of veteran players, this means a lot to them, it’s not just about the skins, titles, and maybe it is about the achievements points because you unlock rewards that are unique that most players can’t get anywhere unless through the achievement points.

As for the skins, maybe it does matter as well as titles because players who haven’t earned it will wonder where those veteran players got those cool looking skins while leveling a character or that title. Then you can tell that player, “it was earned through my extensive efforts of saving Tyria, Elona, Eye of the North, and Cantha with my heroes in Guild Wars 1 which have been engraved in history in the Hall of Monuments”

It shouldn’t be like, “Oh yea i automatically got this glitch that gave me 50 points in the HoM and 500 achievement points with titles for doing absolutely nothing and didn’t spend a dime in gw1 and made any effort”

Really? If that was the case then all veteran players should be refunded all that money they spent and all that hard work they did through GW1 while everyone can just have 50 HoM points and 500 achievement points for free, right?

In that case, what’s the point in even playing this game if you’re just gonna cheat your way through and be given all the top ascended gear and exotic and legendary items for free? You’ll just end up sitting around in your home instance looking like a statue showing off while no one cares and is trying to get the stuff you have. Sooner or later, you’ll get tired of standing around then move on to another game cause you got everything that no one has.

“I barely touched him… and he broke. You humans are so fragile!”-Razah

Noein.1685

And? Does the Champion Brawler TITLE give you some sort of gameplay advantage that I’m unaware of as well?

Just so we’re clear, I don’t have GWAMM (although my Mesmer in GW1 is 29 out of 30 titles, so I may one day finish the last one up and get it legit) and could care less if everyone in the game had it. GWAMM or Champion Brawler doesn’t make you better at dungeons, more deadly in PvP, or shoot Arrow Carts further in WvW.

They’re cosmetic, nothing more. The only person it affects negatively are those who place value on it to the point where their ego is miffed.

Its the same thing as Legendary weapons. Some rich guy can go buy all the Bifrosts he wants, heck why not one for each character? And that guy could be TERRIBLE in terms of gameplay, and get outperformed by a good player in blues and greens. An Ascended Staff is just as good as a Bifrost, costs significantly less, and the only difference is cosmetic, not mechanical.

Do you complain that people with an Incinerator can use the wardrobe to make it look like they have TWO Incinerators, even though they DIDN’T EARN IT!?!1 Why do you care?

If your enjoyment is wrapped up in what other people have, then you’re going to have a bad time.

This “it doesn’t effect gameplay” argument seems to be a reoccurring excuse for those that received the title without earning it and YES, you’re going to lose your title. It doesn’t matter how much you try to justify it. Should you or anyone but anet be blamed for you getting this title without earning it? No, but quit trying to hide behind lame excuses.

What if you paid for 10 skins with gems and all of the sudden a group of people used an exploit to gain said skins for free. Would that effect your gameplay? Would you want to invest your time/money into the game anymore? Of course not, you would be furious and you sure as hell wouldn’t buy any more gems (anet doesn’t want that, in case you didn’t know). These people that earned GWAMM not only invested their money into buying gw1 and its expansions ($160 total when i bought them all), but so much time, thousands of hours to get that title. I haven’t earned it myself and i probably never will, due to how much time it takes.

That which has no life.

(edited by Noein.1685)

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

Dear Anet,

This has seemed to fallen into the back burner of other issues exploding but for many it is a very important one. Any status update on this would be greatly appreciated…

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

Posted by: Koorii.6752

Koorii.6752

Would definitely love to see an update on this. I just earned myself two more points in the HoM and would love to get my newest rewards. :(

Tarnished Coast | [TALE]

serenke.4806

I already wrote this but i guess i have to write it again. I don’t care what others have as long as they have earned it. Not sure why the concept is so hard for you to grasp.

Also, the incinerator example was terrible as some of those who made two before the wardrobe were quite upset that they made two while others can just use the wardrobe to look the same way. And they weren’t happy with the twice-told legend and 25AP solution either.

Harrimur.7425

Dear Anet,

This has seemed to fallen into the back burner of other issues exploding but for many it is a very important one. Any status update on this would be greatly appreciated…

^ I totally agree. Anet please…

Posted by: Phedre Solace.6082

Phedre Solace.6082

I’m super annoyed with this issue!!! I have earned my first ten points in HOM to get fiery dragon sword skin and am waiting since 2 days after the shut it down to get me skin.

Posted by: Phedre Solace.6082

Phedre Solace.6082

Same thing, really want the skins that I just earned, and am stuck waiting. :/

Kaleban.9834

I already wrote this but i guess i have to write it again. I don’t care what others have as long as they have earned it. Not sure why the concept is so hard for you to grasp.

Why do you care whether someone has “earned” it? This isn’t a job, its a game. Does someone else getting a fairly meaningless, grind based title for free somehow de-value the time you may have personally expended into getting it?

Assuming you played GW1, and legitimately got the GWAMM title, then what is the problem if others got it for nothing? They didn’t get to experience the thousands of hours of gameplay (and presumably fun) that you did in that game.

You can stop with the passive aggressive posts. You don’t have to keep repeating yourself, the problem is that your justifications are meaningless. Repeating them doesn’t change that fact. Jealousy is a stinky cologne my friend.

Kaleban.9834

This “it doesn’t effect gameplay” argument seems to be a reoccurring excuse for those that received the title without earning it and YES, you’re going to lose your title. It doesn’t matter how much you try to justify it. Should you or anyone but anet be blamed for you getting this title without earning it? No, but quit trying to hide behind lame excuses.

What if you paid for 10 skins with gems and all of the sudden a group of people used an exploit to gain said skins for free. Would that effect your gameplay? Would you want to invest your time/money into the game anymore? Of course not, you would be furious and you sure as hell wouldn’t buy any more gems (anet doesn’t want that, in case you didn’t know). These people that earned GWAMM not only invested their money into buying gw1 and its expansions ($160 total when i bought them all), but so much time, thousands of hours to get that title. I haven’t earned it myself and i probably never will, due to how much time it takes.

Thought I made it pretty clear, I don’t have the GWAMM title (legit or otherwise) so you can stop barking up that tree.

And NO, your example would not affect my gameplay at all. A bunch of people running around with gemstore skins would not make dungeons any more difficult, or PvP any more challenging. If you’re one of those people who are very susceptible to envy or jealousy, then I guess it could affect your enjoyment of the game, but that’s a problem with your ego, not the gameplay.

Noein.1685

Anet we would love you forever if you fix this.

That which has no life.

Harrimur.7425

Thought I made it pretty clear, I don’t have the GWAMM title (legit or otherwise) so you can stop barking up that tree.

And NO, your example would not affect my gameplay at all. A bunch of people running around with gemstore skins would not make dungeons any more difficult, or PvP any more challenging. If you’re one of those people who are very susceptible to envy or jealousy, then I guess it could affect your enjoyment of the game, but that’s a problem with your ego, not the gameplay.

Well I don’t think anyone talks about that it effects the actual gameplay. This game however is a lot about cosmetics no matter if it is skins, titles or minis.
I do fully agree that it is not something Anet should put their main focus onto. But only because you don’t care about cosmetics as it seems doesn’t mean others don’t aswell. So you also have to respect those who do and not make them feel guilty because they do.

Kaleban.9834

Well I don’t think anyone talks about that it effects the actual gameplay. This game however is a lot about cosmetics no matter if it is skins, titles or minis.
I do fully agree that it is not something Anet should put their main focus onto. But only because you don’t care about cosmetics as it seems doesn’t mean others don’t aswell. So you also have to respect those who do and not make them feel guilty because they do.

Literally the entire thread has been composed mostly of people whinging about how someone else’s title somehow nebulously affects their gameplay experience. Which is tripe.

GW2 is not Barbie Dress Up Island or whatever. Sure, there is a focus on cosmetic upgrades (as opposed to stat grind in other MMOs) but these are neither the main thrust of the game NOR do they affect actual, concrete gameplay.

Which means the only logical conclusion is a select few players feeling oppressed because someone else got something they didn’t by bug/mistake/deal with the devil. This makes no sense at all, since several have admitted they DON’T have the title, and have no plans to shoot for it, making it of little to zero value in the first place.

As I said before, if you’re worried about what other people have that you don’t, you’re going to have a bad time. Focus on the social aspect of GW2, go play a dungeon or guild rush with your guild, and realize that sitting around in LA with some rare skin is NOT gameplay, its ego stroking in a video game, which is quite sad.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

No, it is not fair that some got GWAMM with no effort. It’s a bug from something accidentally left in the client. They locked it down for now, they are aware of it, and are deciding/working on what to do about it.

Some know how much effort that title was in GW1. Some don’t care. That’s fine.

I played gw1, I have that title, and yes it does tick me off that some got it with no effort. Does that ruin my gameplay? No, it just aggravates me, and makes me wonder, “Did that person earn the title they are displaying?” Is it ‘ego’ that I have that title or choose to display it? No, not anymore than anything else in the game is ego to show off, or accomplish. And, for some Guild Wars 2 is Fashion Wars 2, as much as Guild Wars 1 was. Sure, I jokingly call it that at times, but that is what the game effectively is to some. That is their prerogative, as much as it is someone else’s to not care about the title, or cosmetic upgrades, or legendaries, or pvp, or pve, or whatever.

But that doesn’t give anyone else to right to bash those that are upset that some have the title that they didn’t earn.

You know, This attacking needs to stop.

Posted by: Dana windfelt.8160

Dana windfelt.8160

Some things to keep in mind.

Anet designed the HoM as a showcase to display your hard-earned titles/achievements in GW1 and to transfer (show off) some of those achievements (along with some very nice items) in GW2. So it’s not just GWAMM but other titles and “extra” items that are effected by this bug.

Gaile Gray already indicated on page 3 of this thread that “has been and is being taken care of.”

From a programming prospect (speculating on this) what will likely happen is anet will run a “reconciliation” (or something similar to that) on your linked GW1/GW2 accounts to “sync” it up. Don’t think they can do anything about the extra AP or chest rewards added to your GW2 account, but at least the titles will be “adjusted”.

To put things into prospect regarding the work some people have put into their GW1 titles, the attached pic is my main account: 2 x GWAMM, 50 HOM, 44 “max” titles.

Attachments:

(edited by Dana windfelt.8160)

Posted by: canwoop.4597

canwoop.4597

It’s so odd to me that anyone would take to the forums to debate whether or not this bug merits a fix. This is one of the game’s key selling points. It obviously has to be fixed.

I’m just here to echo my hopes that it can get fixed soon!

Posted by: bain of man.6857

bain of man.6857

sounds like kaleban is rocking a title he didnt earn and doesnt want to give it up <.<

Kaleban.9834

sounds like kaleban is rocking a title he didnt earn and doesnt want to give it up <.<

Just a few posts up, had you bothered to read before commenting, you’d realize you’re also barking up the wrong tree.

Is it a bug? Sure, and it should be fixed. However, given its lack of gameplay effect, it should take a backseat to pretty much EVERY other issue that affects gameplay, such as skills and traits that are still bugged or broken, LS issues, and the myriad other bugs and glitches that actually matter.

Attachments:

Erin Ravenseeker.2186

As far as the allocation of resources to actually fix the problem is concerned, perhaps Kaleban has a point, although some would argue that restoring benefits to those who earned them (remember HOM is shut atm) is probably a higher priority than taking titles, rewards and AP’s away from those who didn’t (which we all seem to agree should happen).

What is more important, I would suggest, is for Anet to provide a clear statement on the principles that will be applied and the actions that will be taken under those principles where practicable. This will stop speculation, ease frustration and curtail the chatter.

As an aside, it is not clear to me how GWAMM is even affected. GWAMM itself is a title that is awarded for having the same title in gw1, and has nothing at all to do with HOM points. As Kaleban’s screenshot shows he now has Champion of the Gods, which is the 50 point HOM title, and he does not have GWAMM.

Dana windfelt.8160

You just need to get 30 max titles for GWAMM, which is strictly max titles; HoM points are collection of things. IMHO getting GWAMM is a bit harder to get than 50 HoM points.

Edit: just to clarify you can get 50 HoM points and not even get the GWAMM title.

(edited by Dana windfelt.8160)

Erin Ravenseeker.2186

Thanks Dana

I do understand that and agree it’s harder. My point is that this thread is titled “Instant God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals” but it seems to me that this is the one thing you would not actually have got from this current issue. “Instant Champion of the Gods” or “Free AP’s and heritage stuff” would have been more accurate.

Dana windfelt.8160

As others have indicated and tested it myself on one of my secondary accounts — the bug seems to add 39 “max” GW1 titles to your GW2 account.

Attachments:

serenke.4806

Why do you care whether someone has “earned” it? This isn’t a job, its a game. Does someone else getting a fairly meaningless, grind based title for free somehow de-value the time you may have personally expended into getting it?

Assuming you played GW1, and legitimately got the GWAMM title, then what is the problem if others got it for nothing? They didn’t get to experience the thousands of hours of gameplay (and presumably fun) that you did in that game.

You can stop with the passive aggressive posts. You don’t have to keep repeating yourself, the problem is that your justifications are meaningless. Repeating them doesn’t change that fact. Jealousy is a stinky cologne my friend.

So, years ago, when Anet announced they’d make GW2, they also said that you won’t be able to play your GW1 chars but you will be able to “show your legacy” by filling up your HoM. Thus tens (hundreds) of thousands of players have started checking out their HoM and what they need to fill it up. The entire economy changed almost overnight, what was in the HoM would shoot up in price while other things suddenly became cheap.

Then GW2 came out, we had received a few purely cosmetic things for this (titles, skins, pets) and nobody cared. Doesn’t matter if you used your GWAMM or Closer to the Stars, Legend of the Mists, Fiery Dragon Sword or whichever GW1-related goodie, it showed that you played that game.

Fast-forward a few years, Anet gives the same things to people who have not been there, have no clue what all that is, have never seen GW1. While this is not a game-breaking bug (neither are those bugs you mention in your other post, as some classes have been running around with bugs for 2.5 years now and we learned to live with it), this is definitely something that invalidated the efforts of those people who have gotten it the traditional way.

I am in no way jealous that they have gotten these for free, i don’t know where you got that from. But Anet came up with this system to give something to their GW1 players in their new game, then they’ve hit this system with a wrecking ball now.

Nowhere did i say that Anet should not fix other bugs as well, but they should not put this issue on the backburner.

You keep repeating that this does not give gameplay advantages. Sure, it does not, neither do weapon and armor skins, yet somehow i doubt that you are running around in the simplest looking gear with pearl weapons.

Posted by: Ellen Page.2381

Ellen Page.2381

Literally the entire thread has been composed mostly of people whinging about how someone else’s title somehow nebulously affects their gameplay experience. Which is tripe.

GW2 is not Barbie Dress Up Island or whatever. Sure, there is a focus on cosmetic upgrades (as opposed to stat grind in other MMOs) but these are neither the main thrust of the game NOR do they affect actual, concrete gameplay.

Which means the only logical conclusion is a select few players feeling oppressed because someone else got something they didn’t by bug/mistake/deal with the devil. This makes no sense at all, since several have admitted they DON’T have the title, and have no plans to shoot for it, making it of little to zero value in the first place.

As I said before, if you’re worried about what other people have that you don’t, you’re going to have a bad time. Focus on the social aspect of GW2, go play a dungeon or guild rush with your guild, and realize that sitting around in LA with some rare skin is NOT gameplay, its ego stroking in a video game, which is quite sad.

You do realise that ALL MMORPGs or even regular RPGs for that matter focus around loot or similar as the primary reward system, and as such these ARE the primary thrust of the game. This arbitrary definition of ‘fun’ in every one of your posts is completely nonsensical. Has it ever occurred to you that obtaining rewards is the primary source of ‘fun’ for most if not all MMORPG players? The ‘fun’ comes when the reward you earned appears either in your inventory or on your character and handing those out to everyone for free invalidates all of your efforts. And as for your ‘but it dosnt affect the game play! you guys should still be having fun!’ Game play is only ‘fun’ when there is something to work towards. A boss fight is only ‘fun’ if the boss is actually defeated in the end. So yes, removing (or in this case invalidating) the reward DOES affect game play and subsequently ‘fun’. It is beyond me how someone can not understand such a simple concept.

(edited by Ellen Page.2381)

Posted by: skykingsong.1724

skykingsong.1724

That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later.

Attachments: