Instant "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

There was a bug where people teleporting in would crash, but apparently unlock all the HoM rewards even if they shouldn’t have them.

No ETA on the fix.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Wyrdfell.8327

Wyrdfell.8327

I’m still wating for them to fix this. It’s been 3 weeks already and still no fix. I just wanna get my black widow god…

Posted by: Wyrdfell.8327

Wyrdfell.8327

Still waiting…

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

it’s almost too little too late for me. i understand why this issue is on the back burner. i don’t understand why this cant be handled at the support level. i sent in a ticket……….its almost been a month, no reply. i just want my skins.

That which has no life.

Posted by: Rhuarc.6280

Rhuarc.6280

it’s almost too little too late for me. i understand why this issue is on the back burner. i don’t understand why this cant be handled at the support level. i sent in a ticket……….its almost been a month, no reply. i just want my skins.

Because it’s not about turning HoM back on quickly so that legit owners can get their skins. It’s about clearing out all the HoM points they gave out accidentally BEFORE they turn it back on. It IS being handled, as Gaile has twice pointed out. Clearly it is not a simple fix. You can either wait patiently, or you can wait impatiently.

Posted by: Torvarren.6295

Torvarren.6295

I haven’t logged in since this bug hit. I am waiting for the fix to decide whether I want to come back or not.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I haven’t logged in since this bug hit. I am waiting for the fix to decide whether I want to come back or not.

You could be waiting a few days or you could be waiting months. If this is the reason you aren’t going to play, then I have to ask, what is the reason you want to play?

Torvarren.6295

You could be waiting a few days or you could be waiting months. If this is the reason you aren’t going to play, then I have to ask, what is the reason you want to play?

The only reason I ever wanted to play GW2 was because of the time I spent in GW1.
I feel this bug is devaluing the 10,000 hours I spent in GW1 right now. Arenanet’s actions involving this is going to be the deciding factor of whether I come back or not.

Noein.1685

The only reason I ever wanted to play GW2 was because of the time I spent in GW1.
I feel this bug is devaluing the 10,000 hours I spent in GW1 right now. Arenanet’s actions involving this is going to be the deciding factor of whether I come back or not.

Pretty valid reason if you ask me. The people here complaining aren’t brand new players with this issue being the deciding factor on if we stick with this game or not. We are veteran players, who have spent both time and money on both gw and gw2. I bet i can speak for Torvarren when i say we had a lot of fun on both. But not only is our time/money spent trivialized it’s also restricted and they have put the issue aside.

If it doesn’t affect you, that’s great, but it kittenes some people off. You might not understand why, but then why are you here? If you got the title without earning it, cool, rock it while you can.

That which has no life.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

snip for space

Pretty valid reason if you ask me. The people here complaining aren’t brand new players with this issue being the deciding factor on if we stick with this game or not. We are veteran players, who have spent both time and money on both gw and gw2. I bet i can speak for Torvarren when i say we had a lot of fun on both. But not only is our time/money spent trivialized it’s also restricted and they have put the issue aside.

If it doesn’t affect you, that’s great, but it kittenes some people off. You might not understand why, but then why are you here? If you got the title without earning it, cool, rock it while you can.

Oh trust me, I’m not happy at all about GWAMM being available to some for nothing. I have full HoM, I have GWAMM, I’ve posted earlier in the thread.

My point though, a person should want to play the game, especially coming back to the game, because they want to play the game, not because of time spent in a prior one. Sure, that gets you to look at the game, can get you to buy it. But if this is the limiting factor, then it’s in effect a tenuous reason to play. Investing more time just to justify prior time that was spent doesn’t generally end with you enjoying it. Play because you want to play the game. Gaile has said twice they are working on a solution. There are a lot of things they have to consider, and there is risk with however they handle it. What I expect is the titles to be stripped and effectively re-linked with the account. The skins are a bigger issue to deal with, and personally, I’m less concerned that people have access to those, and originally that is all I was getting HoM filled for before GW2 release.

I’m not trivializing anything. But no one should decide whether or not to play a game because of one title. You play it because you want to, or you don’t play it because you don’t want to. Making it about that, is going to have a negative impact on the game regardless of the outcome.

Posted by: BearAE.1042

BearAE.1042

I just got back from a pretty long hiatus. A-lot has changed.

Tried to unlock my HoM gear for my wardrobe and unfortunately its disabled… Kinda wish I could unlock it somehow without the guy. (If theres a way and I don’t know of it- please let me know.)
I want my Fellbladeee~ cri.
Anyway, hope it gets fixed soon.

Torvarren.6295

Oh trust me, I’m not happy at all about GWAMM being available to some for nothing. I have full HoM, I have GWAMM, I’ve posted earlier in the thread.

My point though, a person should want to play the game, especially coming back to the game, because they want to play the game, not because of time spent in a prior one. Sure, that gets you to look at the game, can get you to buy it. But if this is the limiting factor, then it’s in effect a tenuous reason to play. Investing more time just to justify prior time that was spent doesn’t generally end with you enjoying it. Play because you want to play the game. Gaile has said twice they are working on a solution. There are a lot of things they have to consider, and there is risk with however they handle it. What I expect is the titles to be stripped and effectively re-linked with the account. The skins are a bigger issue to deal with, and personally, I’m less concerned that people have access to those, and originally that is all I was getting HoM filled for before GW2 release.

I’m not trivializing anything. But no one should decide whether or not to play a game because of one title. You play it because you want to, or you don’t play it because you don’t want to. Making it about that, is going to have a negative impact on the game regardless of the outcome.

I don’t find it tenuous to play GW2 based on the time I spent in GW1.
If you are saying this reason is tenuous then you are assuming that this connection was loose to begin with. There was no reason to assume that the link between GW1 and 2 was anything but strong. Playing GW2 was the next logical step after GW1.

I don’t consider wants and enjoyment before doing anything. These things are biased and therefore should be left out of reasoning. Well, I leave them out of my reasoning. I don’t expect others to think the way I do.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Oh i can easily see where Torvarren is coming from. The title is not the reason for playing nor is this bug a reason to not play. It’s the fact that some guildies mentioned they see a whole lot more GWAMMs running around since the bug. Every GWAMM (not just the legit ones) reminds you of this, it’s not easy to just let it go when A-net built this up years ago in GW1. You know, titles were a big part of PvE there. Then they made a game (GW2) where most titles don’t come close to GWAMM or most HoM titles.

So yes, here we are waiting for that promised fix “real soon”.

Posted by: Yusuf.4901

Yusuf.4901

So frustrating…

ArenaNet, seriously, how long will it take for you to fix this?

Posted by: BearAE.1042

BearAE.1042

Lunacy Solacio.6514

You are missing my point. Tenuous to play gw2 because you played gw1 is not what I was saying at all. I started playing gw2 obviously because of gw1. If this alone, this title bug that occurred, is what decides whether or not you play, that is the problem. You should play gw2, because you want to play it, and if you want to play it, this shouldn’t prevent you from doing so. If it is, step away and come back after a while.

Put another way, you don’t play a game for 6 months just because you played it the prior 6 months. You play it because you want to, because it’s fun, because it’s a game.

Hopefully that is clearer, but idk. It’s late, I’m tired,

I find it a bit curious that you say that about wants, enjoyment, reasoning, all in regards to playing a game. A game is meant to be enjoyed, not played just because it is reasoned out that one should play it. I don’t think we’ll reach an understanding on that point, but hopefully the other will be clearer?

serenke.4806

Of course, but remember when a lot of people left the game because of the ascended tier of items? I didn’t think that was a reason to leave, while others obviously thought so.

I agree with you fully that you cannot reason why you should or should not play a game. The point is, there are things that can kill your enjoyment and you cannot pick what these things are. If this fiasco and the way it’s being handled is killing your fun and you are faced with all the GWAMMs running about in-game that could be a reason why you’d end up not playing at all.

Torvarren.6295

You are missing my point. Tenuous to play gw2 because you played gw1 is not what I was saying at all. I started playing gw2 obviously because of gw1. If this alone, this title bug that occurred, is what decides whether or not you play, that is the problem. You should play gw2, because you want to play it, and if you want to play it, this shouldn’t prevent you from doing so. If it is, step away and come back after a while.

Put another way, you don’t play a game for 6 months just because you played it the prior 6 months. You play it because you want to, because it’s fun, because it’s a game.

Hopefully that is clearer, but idk. It’s late, I’m tired,

I find it a bit curious that you say that about wants, enjoyment, reasoning, all in regards to playing a game. A game is meant to be enjoyed, not played just because it is reasoned out that one should play it. I don’t think we’ll reach an understanding on that point, but hopefully the other will be clearer?

Then all you are saying is that you don’t think this is a good enough reason to quit playing. You are projecting your reasoning onto others. I reject your line of reasoning.
I have to make a logical argument for continuing to play. This bug has nullified one of my premises in the argument for playing.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

As I said, we are not going to be able to reach an understanding on this. I cannot understand why you’d have to make a reason to play a game, why you’d need a logical argument to do so. It’s a game. A person plays a game for the enjoyment, for the pleasure of doing so. That is the definition of a game, that is meant to be the reason to play a game, because it’s fun, because you like it and want to.

How about putting it this way then. In general, a person should play a game because they want to, not because of a title, or to justify prior time spent playing that or a prior game, because that can and does lead to a loss of enjoyment. If the person doesn’t play for enjoyment, I would have to ask them why play then, because it doesn’t make sense to me to play something if you don’t enjoy it.

But the whole point, was that this should not be something to destroy the fun of playing. If a person isn’t playing for fun, isn’t playing because they want to, as I said that I cannot understand, and again we’ll just agree that we won’t reach an understanding on this.

All of this is getting far away from this thread however, and there is no reason to continue it. Phrase is agree to disagree. You have your reasons to play, just as everyone does. People quit playing for different reasons. I’ve taken breaks at times, too.

Either way, this gwamm and skin issue is being decided how to proceed by anet, and we have to wait it out for the fix.

Torvarren.6295

This is exactly what this thread is about, and I said what you are saying in my original post that my decision to come back or not will be how ArenaNet handles this issue. How they handle an issue that effects this group of people says volumes about what they think of their player base. I withhold final judgment until their action. I do not feel that this is unreasonable.

You seem to be saying that this bug will not reduce the amount of fun that people have. If their fun is reduced then they are justified in not playing? Sounds good to me.

(edited by Torvarren.6295)

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Oh i can easily see where Torvarren is coming from. The title is not the reason for playing nor is this bug a reason to not play. It’s the fact that some guildies mentioned they see a whole lot more GWAMMs running around since the bug. Every GWAMM (not just the legit ones) reminds you of this, it’s not easy to just let it go when A-net built this up years ago in GW1. You know, titles were a big part of PvE there. Then they made a game (GW2) where most titles don’t come close to GWAMM or most HoM titles.

So yes, here we are waiting for that promised fix “real soon”.

Precisely this. These days, I run past a GWAMM and I cringe. That is wrong on such a fundamental level that it does indeed take away some of the joy that comes from playing the game. None likes when their cherished memories are being stepped on.

Posted by: Gomssi.7246

Gomssi.7246

When I see a GWAMM I question them, some of them openly admit they didn’t earn it and it was just given to them.. i feel the title should be taken away, I don’t have it, I only have up to flameseeker. I worked very hard to get flameseeker.

For everyone else that has it.. honestly idk about other players but that title is now equivalent to “traveler” to me.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

With such long delays before anything is done about things, one often wonders how much is honest truth and how much merely lip service when the Olympians deign to speak from on high Mount ArenaNet…

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: A Volcano.2510

A Volcano.2510

Hi,

I just want to say that I would like access to the Hall of Monuments pets as I just created a ranger. I hope you will look into this and get them back.

Noein.1685

Here we are, a month later……………..they added kittening hair. You kittening kidding me?

That which has no life.

(edited by Noein.1685)

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Here we are, a month later……………..they added kittening hair. You kittening kidding me?

I doubt that the people designing new hairstyles are the same people fixing bugs. But I agree that it is sad that one month has passed without anything substantial happening. We don’t yet know how they will handle the problem or if they are even able to properly remove the titles and achievement points.

Posted by: gettodachpr.7168

gettodachpr.7168

Contenplating sacrificing sheep to Lucifer by now…

Posted by: Ellsy.6780

Ellsy.6780

Ahh Well, hopefully they can get this figured out and fixed. I’ve been working my tail off on these the last week to finish it up and really would like to see the rewards I’ve earned.

Born Villain [CAIN]
Revenant Team Lead & Guardian Advisor
Commander “Elscia” – Jade Quarry

(edited by Ellsy.6780)

Posted by: Apophis.5092

Apophis.5092

I spent a long time on completing most of my Hall of Monuments and bought Guild Wars 2 at launch. I didn’t play GW2 very much up until about a month ago, apparently right after the HoM was disabled as a result of this bug. Well me and my buddies decided to commit more the GW2 and I have to say this is pretty disappointing. No feature should be disabled for more than a week, let alone a month, especially one that many players have spent countless hours investing in.

In addition, Anet needs to be more communicative about the progress of a fix (or lack there of) with the general player base about this particular issue. It appears to me that they are trying to be a bit sneaky about it, nothing in the launcher news, and only one post I’m aware of in the forums. At least an in-game letter to each player with a HoM just as a heads up as to why their HoM won’t be working would have been a good idea. I had to google it to be sure it wasn’t just an issue with my account or something.

Please provide more Information about this issue, why it has not been fixed yet, or when we can expect a solution.

With an expansion on the horizon, I am not impressed with what I’ve been reading about the exploits people have successfully used in this game in the past and the slow or ineffective responses by Anet.

Many of my friend had serious problems regaining access to their accounts

Noein.1685

Contenplating sacrificing sheep to Lucifer by now…

you must smear your computer screen in the blood of a lamb, if i am wrong pray for the lambs, but if i am right pray for arenanet. for we shall be saved!

That which has no life.

(edited by Noein.1685)

serenke.4806

I doubt that the people designing new hairstyles are the same people fixing bugs. But I agree that it is sad that one month has passed without anything substantial happening. We don’t yet know how they will handle the problem or if they are even able to properly remove the titles and achievement points.

True, and i have to admit they’ve done better with the hair styles this time but if they would get the data which accounts have GWAMM, then they would have to filter those who don’t even have GW1 accounts linked, then the remaining ones would need to be checked for GWAMM in GW1. Finally those who do not have it in GW1 would have it deleted in GW2 (along with Champion of the Gods and any other title that was handed out).

That’s a lot of work and if it has to be done manually, well let the hairstylists look at some spreadsheets for a bit, i’m sure they can handle it.

Posted by: Roan.5194

Roan.5194

Fixing HOM does not generate a significant or relevant income, while adding hairstyles does

At the end its all about the money, which is why this bug is probably in the lower tier of priorities

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Any update on this, Anet?

I see that I suddenly have loads of skins that I forgot to unlock there and would like access to these on my characters again.

Don’t let this become a broken window…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Meanwhile, playing Guild Wars… EOTN anyone?

Torvarren.6295

Meanwhile, playing Guild Wars… EOTN anyone?

I just finished an EOTN run.
New character Necro in original starting armor and no runes. 7 heroes with no runes, destroyer warriors were 2 shotting me. That was fun.

serenke.4806

Fixing HOM does not generate a significant or relevant income, while adding hairstyles does

At the end its all about the money, which is why this bug is probably in the lower tier of priorities

Not fixing HOM also generates a lot of discontent, which will decide for many if they spend money on gems/support the company. They may be simple but not THAT simple.

Posted by: Devard.5378

Devard.5378

here i am buying a second GW2+1 account so i can play with my european friends..punishing myself to play gw 1 again what i dislike to unlock the fancy heritage armor… and battle the support for 7 hours to get the accounts linked cause that bugged around ..
finally account linked and 4 points scraped together in HoM i stand before the vendor whos disabled because people got a crappy title noone gives a morning sh*** about.

open the kitten armor vendor ..its a month now…or add to the HoM advertising that its down since a month and your unable to fix it.

serenke.4806

punishing myself to play gw 1 again what i dislike to unlock the fancy heritage armor…

You should not play a game you dislike just to unlock some gear. After all games are meant to be fun.

Posted by: Devard.5378

Devard.5378

punishing myself to play gw 1 again what i dislike to unlock the fancy heritage armor…

You should not play a game you dislike just to unlock some gear. After all games are meant to be fun.

true , but if i can play 2days something i dislike to get forever a armor i greatly enjoy thats okay…IF I GOT AN ARMOR >_<

Posted by: Roan.5194

Roan.5194

Is it that hard to only enable it for certain players, it cannot be that hard
Conditions are, IF you have a linked account and your points in Gw2 correspond to the ones in Gw1 you have access

With the very little programming knowledge i have i dont think thats overly complicated

Noein.1685

it’s just so annoying when i watch videos of the devs sitting there playing new content and promoting the new expansion while they ignore their bugs section. some of the bugs in this forum are 7 MONTHS OLD.

i wonder if people watching those videos that haven’t bought the game yet might change their minds if they knew the lack of bug support this game has right now.

That which has no life.

(edited by Noein.1685)

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

A long term fix is being worked on for this, but due to the seriousness of the rewards being given incorrectly it was determined that temporarily disabling the rewards was preferable to them being exploited.

What this means about the eventual “real” fix is that it has to be done and tested out to be sure that it is working appropriately again. It’s unfortunately not a simple fix (read: needs a lot of development time) that we can push out quickly.

Posted by: bain of man.6857

bain of man.6857

thank you Lauren for letting us know whats going on with it, and by simply posting, assuring us that there is a fix being worked on for it.

Posted by: joannarei.4237

joannarei.4237

The Gods have spoken! Thank you Lauren for the reply. Should those who have the instant rewards be banned or will it be taken back from them and sacrifice them to the Risen and the mordrems!?

“I barely touched him… and he broke. You humans are so fragile!”-Razah

serenke.4806

That’s good news. Well, at least we know it will be fixed. Someday. Probably.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

Should those who have the instant rewards be banned

Yes joannarei. All the players who created a character at this time should be banned.
Sure. Why not. Its fun.

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Gwen.7981

Gwen.7981

A long term fix is being worked on for this, but due to the seriousness of the rewards being given incorrectly it was determined that temporarily disabling the rewards was preferable to them being exploited.

What this means about the eventual “real” fix is that it has to be done and tested out to be sure that it is working appropriately again. It’s unfortunately not a simple fix (read: needs a lot of development time) that we can push out quickly.

That’s cool. I’m glad you’re all still working on this.

I’m in no hurry to try out my new HoM rewards, just as long as it’s eventually fixed and not forgotten about.

Posted by: quagganzilla.6450

quagganzilla.6450

Some of you guys really give Anet no win….. If they don’t disable HOM and people did the glitch you go nuts, if they disable HOM you go nuts, some of you need a little Valium and a drink.

Lets actually be logical and stop being so entitled please. Between making an expansion, maintaining the the game, making twitch feeds and the plethora of other things I’m sure it isn’t a 2 second job to fix HOM.

Chill, play the game and wait patiently, that’s the common sense thing to do. Complaining doesn’t make it go faster.

Posted by: mike.5682

mike.5682

I think for the most part everyone was grateful they were disabled so it could be fixed. The problem seems to be how long it is taking to fix it.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Should those who have the instant rewards be banned

Yes joannarei. All the players who created a character at this time should be banned.
Sure. Why not. Its fun.

Not, not because of it beign anythign like “Fun”.
The real reason here would be – “because people like that DESERVE it”

Anyone who willingly exploits Game Bugs to cheat themself Game Progress by abusing Bugs and Exploits in a Game, violates against the Rules of this Game and as a consequense of this people like that simply deserve it to be instantly perma banned without hesitation.

Not because its fun, but because its the duty of the devs to ensure, that everyone plays fair and to show people, that if you dont play fair, that you won’t be permitted anymore to play the game. So simple.

Peopel who cheat in games willingly take on the risk of gettign banned for their actions.
It are people, which would quit the game anyways sooner or late,r or they wouldnt get on the stupid idea to abuse exploits and risk by that willingly their accounts.

Its pathetic already enough, that People think they need to cheat and exploit such a game bug just to get for GW2 a title – just some letters under your player name and risk for something unimportant like that their whole accounts, only because these people aren’t willing to invest some time into GW1 to earn that title the honest way like everyone else to make that title for them something MEANINGFUL.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside