"Into the Labyrinth" NPCs bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Oldgoat.7058

Oldgoat.7058

As of today, 1/2/2017 this is still BUGGED! No npc help at Mordrem Predator fight, not even reviving, and for me that made it impossible! This is older story stuff and this should be an easy fixed, assuming this instance used to work fine.

Posted by: Lorethal.9385

Lorethal.9385

Same bug here… I would eventually kill this guy, but when he has 20 % hp rocks start to jump out of the ground like crazy. I have difficulty to dodge all these attacks, not even talking about hitting this guy with grenades. Whats worse, when I die and I try to get back to the boss, he regenerates 25 % of his hp… I could really use the help from NPCs…

Posted by: taranwalker.4981

taranwalker.4981

I opened a ticket, they said it was a known issue, and to keep an eye on the forums for when it might be fixed. This is disappointing. Depending on your build, this is a show-stopping bug. I hope this is fixed soon.

Posted by: Hashar.6082

Hashar.6082

Hey guys, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad, still no acknowledgement from ArenaNet that this bug exists . . . BUT . . . the good news is that, totally by accident, I discovered a really easy way to kill the Mordrem Predator. Its almost unbelievable really, and it came about by the latest ArenaNet Customer Service Officer dealing with the support ticket I submitted on this bug a week or so ago asking me for some screenshots of the NPCs acting like zombies. I decided to go one better and make a video of my attempt at the chapter during one of my daily bug reports, and made one of the whole thing including finding the NPCs in the labyrinth (https://youtu.be/fm8ZMMlp6yI).

Then the most bizarre thing happened . . . after I had got to the second restart after dying twice in the end battle (to show how the Predator returned to full health every time I died and restarted), I stopped the video, saved it, and then started to watch it to make sure the recording software had worked. I am not sure how long I watched it for, between 5 and 10 minutes maybe, but you can imagine my surprise and confusion when I closed the video screen and returned to the game, only to find the battle over and the Predator dead. This had basically occurred while I had been AFK, from the game screen anyway, so I had no idea what had happened. All I had to go on, in attempting to reproduce it so I could share it with you guys, was the position I had left my character in at the very end of the video.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I was able to reproduce, and record on video, this discovery after several hours and many fails, and so have also uploaded that video too (https://youtu.be/2K-fLeIlANA). In it I defeat him in about 5 minutes suffering zero damage. It would have been quicker if I had used more of my skills from the beginning, but I started out wanting to show it could be done AFK using the auto attack skill only. About halfway through I decided to speed it up.

I hope this helps some or all of you get past this blockage, and thanks to everyone for supporting the reporting of this bug in this thread even though ArenaNet, after a month and many players posting confirmation of the bug, either didnt bother to read them, or, if they did, didnt bother to post an acknowledgement that the bug exists, and what they planned to do about it, on this thread.

Huge thanks for the tip.
Just some clarification on how it (apparently) works, in case anyone needs it: the NPCs block all damage from the Predator itself, but you can still be hit by the rock blasts. However, the rocks always erupt at the same location, so if you move away from it and keep yourself surrounded by the NPCs, you should be fine.

Posted by: Barak.2385

Barak.2385

Pretty sad. Pathetic actually. Over 2 months now and not even a ‘whatever’ from anet.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Pretty sad. Pathetic actually. Over 2 months now and not even a ‘whatever’ from anet.

Developers and CS people often read, but rarely reply, in the forums. This is “industry standard”, and mostly stems from the degree of abuse that some folks give them if they are more involved visibly.

Posted by: Braken.8402

Braken.8402

Popping in here to report that the bug STILL isn’t fixed. I’ve just gotten to this part of the questline, and the predator boss is practically impossible for me to beat because my “allies” won’t lift a finger to help me.

Seriously, why has this not been fixed yet?

Posted by: Dana windfelt.8160

Dana windfelt.8160

Having the same issue on my Mesmer. At the very least, anet should place it in the bug tracker.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

Posted by: Deadpool Z.3527

Deadpool Z.3527

After a month the support of gw2 still have not solve the problem ??? it’s ridiculous. I will start looking for a new game… because we have not even received any response from the support of the game.

Posted by: AmazonHunter.2691

AmazonHunter.2691

While it is ridiculously annoying that this bug is still ongoing, all you have to do interact with the wall of vines to be taken inside the center chamber. Then, don’t move, but just stand there and used the ranged attacks at your disposal. I received no damage at all from the rock vines or any of the MPs attacks. Just don’t move.

You can autoattack and kill it, but it will probably take about 10 minutes or so. I just did this on my necro (completely by accident) and took no damage at all. I used some condis and other ranged attacks on my scepter, but I did it in about 5-10 minutes. Pain in the butt, but it got done (after dying far too many times and cursing the names of the NPCs).

Good luck everyone!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Here’s some more information from one of the devs, as posted on Reddit

Hey all – Just wanted to throw a reply on this thread, and point out there’s a few different things that could be at fault with these kinds of reports. Our characters have several layers of “AI” which interact with each other and sometimes create unpredictable results like the kind you’re describing. At the basic level there’s hard-coded combat behavior, then there’s some level of designer-specified behaviors, and then on top of that designers can hand-script characters to do very specific things through actions on script handlers.

One of the biggest problems that we have in trying to solve these sorts of issues is, because of the variables inherent in a complex system like character behavior/scripting is being able to reproduce the issue in order to debug it. Even when we know that an NPC is exhibiting unpredictable behavior on Live (which gets reported on the forums or elsewhere), in order for us to determine how to fix it without introducing other, riskier problems, we need to have our own internal QA or one of us designers repro the issue consistently. Many times I’ll get a report of a stalled NPC, and I will run through the mission 5-10 times and never see it happen myself. This doesn’t mean the report is invalid, it simply means that there’s some variable unaccounted for (of which a huge game like GW2 has MANY examples) that is likely causing the issue, but without knowing what that variable is, there’s nothing the designer can do to resolve the bug without such work being a “shot in the dark” which is just as likely to break other things as it is to resolve the original issue. Other times, it’s a very simple matter to find and fix, but we don’t know which it is until it’s reported and QA can write us a bug.

As for why NPC allies sometimes don’t fight until they are attacked, this is often done by design, because one of our design pillars is that NPC’s should not be allowed to complete content for the player. We think it’s a bad player experience if they can simply get up and go make a sandwich and let the NPC’s tank everything until they win. Having said that, we also believe that NPC’s should look and feel useful to you when you are actively playing the game, but sometimes getting that balance right can be tricky, and the AI or the scripting doesn’t always cooperate. In cases where the allied NPC’s are literally doing nothing, even if you are getting ganged up on and/or attacked, that’s a bug and should be reported, definitely.

In the examples above – Braham stalling out in the HoT story instance looks like a bad scripting bug, whereas the Into the Labyrinth clip looks to me like it might just be some balance/AI changes that have made the instance more difficult than it should be. Both are issues worth looking into, so hopefully we can get them looked at.

tl;dr it’s hard to resolve these issues because they are difficult to reproduce

My additional interpretation: also use the in-game /bug reporting tool and try to add details that help the developers to literally retrace your steps. The more you can flesh out how you approached the step when the bug occurred, the easier it is for them to do the same thing.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

taranwalker.4981

Here’s some more information from one of the devs, as posted on Reddit

Hey all – Just wanted to throw a reply on this thread, and point out there’s a few different things that could be at fault with these kinds of reports. Our characters have several layers of “AI” which interact with each other and sometimes create unpredictable results like the kind you’re describing. At the basic level there’s hard-coded combat behavior, then there’s some level of designer-specified behaviors, and then on top of that designers can hand-script characters to do very specific things through actions on script handlers.

One of the biggest problems that we have in trying to solve these sorts of issues is, because of the variables inherent in a complex system like character behavior/scripting is being able to reproduce the issue in order to debug it. Even when we know that an NPC is exhibiting unpredictable behavior on Live (which gets reported on the forums or elsewhere), in order for us to determine how to fix it without introducing other, riskier problems, we need to have our own internal QA or one of us designers repro the issue consistently. Many times I’ll get a report of a stalled NPC, and I will run through the mission 5-10 times and never see it happen myself. This doesn’t mean the report is invalid, it simply means that there’s some variable unaccounted for (of which a huge game like GW2 has MANY examples) that is likely causing the issue, but without knowing what that variable is, there’s nothing the designer can do to resolve the bug without such work being a “shot in the dark” which is just as likely to break other things as it is to resolve the original issue. Other times, it’s a very simple matter to find and fix, but we don’t know which it is until it’s reported and QA can write us a bug.

As for why NPC allies sometimes don’t fight until they are attacked, this is often done by design, because one of our design pillars is that NPC’s should not be allowed to complete content for the player. We think it’s a bad player experience if they can simply get up and go make a sandwich and let the NPC’s tank everything until they win. Having said that, we also believe that NPC’s should look and feel useful to you when you are actively playing the game, but sometimes getting that balance right can be tricky, and the AI or the scripting doesn’t always cooperate. In cases where the allied NPC’s are literally doing nothing, even if you are getting ganged up on and/or attacked, that’s a bug and should be reported, definitely.

In the examples above – Braham stalling out in the HoT story instance looks like a bad scripting bug, whereas the Into the Labyrinth clip looks to me like it might just be some balance/AI changes that have made the instance more difficult than it should be. Both are issues worth looking into, so hopefully we can get them looked at.

tl;dr it’s hard to resolve these issues because they are difficult to reproduce

My additional interpretation: also use the in-game /bug reporting tool and try to add details that help the developers to literally retrace your steps. The more you can flesh out how you approached the step when the bug occurred, the easier it is for them to do the same thing.

This is a great point, actually. I’m a developer myself, and part of my job is fixing production issues and bugs in development software. I don’t even get handed either one unless a QA can reproduce the issue AND outline steps for reproducing the issue. I hadn’t considered this aspect, and this really brings great context to it. Thanks.

Posted by: KingKazma.7394

KingKazma.7394

i’m not at this specific chapter, but i’m also having the same issue with the npc’s not doing jack in ANY story instance, be it the personal story or HoT. i remember specifically that this was a big problem for me @ “temble of the forgotten god” with sayeh and “roots of terror” with braham, though i always have this bug for a couple weeks or months now.

the allied npc’s are just loafing around, not doing anything which is ridiculous considering that you have to rely on them so many times during the story instances! they just don’t aggro unless they get hit and sometimes not even then.

this wasn’t always like that, i remember how sayeh helped me the first couple times i did that chapter, but now it’s as if the npc’s weren’t there at all.

i’m glad to see i’m not the only one having this problem. and i really cannot stand how ANET keeps ignoring such an important issue for weeks on end and it’s STILL not fixed. i paid for this game two times and expect to get something for that, kitten!

they npc’s are supposed to fight, so fix this bs

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

i’m not at this specific chapter, but i’m also having the same issue with the npc’s not doing jack in ANY story instance, be it the personal story or HoT. i remember specifically that this was a big problem for me @ “temble of the forgotten god” with sayeh and “roots of terror” with braham, though i always have this bug for a couple weeks or months now.

the allied npc’s are just loafing around, not doing anything which is ridiculous considering that you have to rely on them so many times during the story instances! they just don’t aggro unless they get hit and sometimes not even then.

this wasn’t always like that, i remember how sayeh helped me the first couple times i did that chapter, but now it’s as if the npc’s weren’t there at all.

i’m glad to see i’m not the only one having this problem. and i really cannot stand how ANET keeps ignoring such an important issue for weeks on end and it’s STILL not fixed. i paid for this game two times and expect to get something for that, kitten!

they npc’s are supposed to fight, so fix this bs

They aren’t ignoring it; scroll up.

Again, if you want it fixed, give them specific details, including as much as you can remember about what you did to get to where you were.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: TheAlleyman.9451

TheAlleyman.9451

I used Cassers tip and it realy worked!
I just walked over behind my companions as soon as I poped in to the “arena like” place after I died and stood there with a ranged weapon on auto attack, after some time in the kitchen makin lunch I returned and the boss was dead. Just make sure you stand in a spot where the “ground quakes” cant get to you and leave it alone!
Thanks Casser!!!!!!

Posted by: Spacial.1683

Spacial.1683

Came looking for an answer to this and glad it’s a big and not how it’s intended. I am replaying the story on another character and could have sworn I remember the NPCs attacking every god kitten mob in the labyrinth, but this time nothing? When I got to the boss I couldn’t believe they were just following after me… took me ages to kill him. If you say this is all the story instances so help me God.

A video of the solution was posted above, but here is another, more brief.

Posted by: Eleison.2918

Eleison.2918

Come on A-Net its still buggy. Its season 2 living world.

Posted by: Lystodyne.4719

Lystodyne.4719

As of today the bug is not fixed. I single-handedly finished the boss with an ele….It was very tiring, but nonetheless satisfying when I finally beat it. Didn’t die for once.

AND THEN I read Casser’s post….Following his/her “advice” I finished the 20min achievement……:D
Kudos!

P.S. Sorry for off-topic. I love the CG at the beginning……That KasJory is gorgeous. And that make the fact that the two NPCs not doing anything more ridiculous…..I hope Anet would REALLY fix the matter.

(edited by Lystodyne.4719)

Posted by: Kirk.8379

Kirk.8379

I just had the same issue with this story instance, I died twice and then on my 3rd bout I noticed Caithe was stood at the enterance doing nothing I thought maybe some damage from the boss would trigger her but instead I just ended up not being able to take damage by hugging her.

As soon as I realised I was afraid to move in case I just got lucky, only one attack would deal damage to me which would occur less frequent than I could heal so it wasn’t an issue.

Still it would be nice if this could be fixed.

Posted by: Barak.2385

Barak.2385

Well, many months now with no fix. Even new content fails to overcome the total lack of support and disinterest displayed by ArenaNet. Guess I’ll go back to games that actually give you what you pay for.

Posted by: hydrospanner.9582

hydrospanner.9582

Just experienced this tonight.

I guess we just keep bumping this thing till it’s fixed?

Posted by: Dahorn.2461

Dahorn.2461

Same problem here, managed to kill the hounds as Caithe will revive me but when it comes to the boss Modrem Predator, I’m stuck as the boss is too strong without support.

I tried to re-log and hoping it will solve this issue, guess what? I need to start the whole kitten quest again and run through the maze again… And re-logging does not help, after entering the instance Caithe continues to stand there again and watch me fight…

Posted by: Zash.1564

Zash.1564

Still going on. I went through the maze with no problems. Mostly ran past all the enemies, because Braham kind of hints toward doing that anyway, and it’s just faster. Get to the boss and everyone just stops doing things.

Posted by: noobism.8420

noobism.8420

Just wanted to bump this again. Just completed this episode and that was a pain in the butt doing myself. Seems like this would be an easy fix

Posted by: Adzekul.3104

Adzekul.3104

I am sorry to be pedantic, but this is NOT difficult to reproduce. This statement from the devs is either a cop-out, or bad grammar. You just load up the story instance, progress through it and try to fight the boss. It is very repeatable and reproducable. It may very well be difficult to pinpoint in the complex AI code, but that is another issue.

Posted by: ofthesamvariety.7801

ofthesamvariety.7801

I tried this episode yesterday and submitted a bug report, but from the response this may not actually be a bug. Apparently NPCs aren’t always supposed to fight with you or revive you (though they always have with me for big fights like these), so for this episode it might just be that the devs disabled them helping you – maybe it made the fight too easy?

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Getting the same issues 3 months later! Someone should rez you instead of cathie!

The NPCs dont even fight in the maze, so killing the mobs all alone!

The boss healed mid fight to when I had it down to half health!

Need a response from a forum mod on this!

(edited by John.8507)

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

This needs fixing, boss randomly heals, happened twice in the same attempt! Randomly happened when i clicked on the other NPC’s I think!!!

Please fix this mission, The AI is stupid just running around. If you want it harder then make one of the other NPCs heal you instead of Cathie, and stop the boss healing. and make it look like the others are attacking even if they do 0 damage!

Posted by: Gauzy.4369

Gauzy.4369

Hey guys, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad, still no acknowledgement from ArenaNet that this bug exists . . . BUT . . . the good news is that, totally by accident, I discovered a really easy way to kill the Mordrem Predator.

https://youtu.be/2K-fLeIlANA

I hope this helps some or all of you get past this blockage, and thanks to everyone for supporting the reporting of this bug in this thread even though ArenaNet, after a month and many players posting confirmation of the bug, either didnt bother to read them, or, if they did, didnt bother to post an acknowledgement that the bug exists, and what they planned to do about it, on this thread.

Currently AFK auto attacking my way past this while I write this post. THANK YOU for this.

Posted by: Salival.6917

Salival.6917

4 months .. if not longer.. and its still bugged… PPl working at A-Net… is anyone doing their job there?

Posted by: Braincrack.8160

Braincrack.8160

I came back to GW2 after a long break. Figured I should buy the storylines I missed. Had some fun so far, but what in the kitten is going on here. This bug happened to me aswell and to realize that this has been around for so kitten long and there hasn’t even been any acknowledgement yet. That’s just a slap in the face.

I guess I’m lucky that I’m playing a beefy warrior that could take some damage from that Predator but it wasn’t easy. Took me over an hour and alot of expensive buffs to finally kill him. And my followers did exactly jackkitten. In the end I was screaming at my kittening monitor for them to finally fight, heal, whatever.

Do something about it or atleast tell us that you know this issue exists. I paid for this, kittening hell.

Posted by: BenjaminMS.6710

BenjaminMS.6710

Logbook Pact Commander 25/02/2017: still no fix, my allies are still doing zero to help me. Why did I ask them to help me when they contribute 0?!

Edit: Interesting is that the companions keep the ‘Determined’ boon during the whole time in ‘Into the Labyrinth’ – same as with the final base game mission (when you go out to kill Zhaitan), and some other missions. Probably the issue is right there.

(edited by BenjaminMS.6710)

Posted by: Deadworld.6023

Deadworld.6023

Same Issue for me. Hard to believe that the Q/A teams are having a hard time reproducing this. Pretty much kills a game for me when i see bugs that have been so completely ignored and yet be actually legitimately game-breaking. The reason Anet might find themselves on the receiving end of abuse on the forums may stem from the fact that they never fix bugs and never acknowledge problems haha.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Same Issue for me. Hard to believe that the Q/A teams are having a hard time reproducing this. Pretty much kills a game for me when i see bugs that have been so completely ignored and yet be actually legitimately game-breaking. The reason Anet might find themselves on the receiving end of abuse on the forums may stem from the fact that they never fix bugs and never acknowledge problems haha.

“On the forums” is probably the critical part of the statement there: their approach is that forums are essentially player to player support. For a response from them, submit a support ticket.

(They do read the forums, though. Just rarely respond.)

Posted by: JMancinoTwo.5286

JMancinoTwo.5286

Hey guys, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad, still no acknowledgement from ArenaNet that this bug exists . . . BUT . . . the good news is that, totally by accident, I discovered a really easy way to kill the Mordrem Predator.

https://youtu.be/2K-fLeIlANA

Currently AFK auto attacking my way past this while I write this post. THANK YOU for this.

Me too, it is a joke that it needs to be done this way, but thank you so much it was super frustrating!

Posted by: Iant Aman.4390

Iant Aman.4390

Still the same problem: NPCs do absolutely nothing at the final boss (Mordrem Predator during ‘Into the Labyrinth’) – no fighting, no healing.
After I died 3 times (for added frustration the boss seemed to regenerate exactly the same amount of health it had when I died, even if I was already attacking again), I checked wiki and since I luckily had a greatsword on my mesmer, as advised I stood right behind the entrance and slowly autoattacked (1200 range) him to death (~ 10 mins, yeah).
I didn’t check for buffs on my NPCs, but Caithe was funnily standing exactly in one of the spawn points for the rocks taking absolutely no damage, in fact she didn’t even move. All the other NPCs were nicely standing around me doing absolutely nothing (apart from blocking my view).
So, yes: take a ranged weapon, stand at the entrance (no rocks there and boss does not reach you) and then do something useful with your time while finishing this story step.

Posted by: SeedsOfDoubt.4052

SeedsOfDoubt.4052

This “Into the Labyrinth” boss fight is still bugged. The NPC’s stand around and do Nothing while you try to kill it on your own. This is the thanks you get for going around saving all their kitten.

Posted by: Kreeping Doom.2890

Kreeping Doom.2890

Sad part is not that people are using a bug to get passed this………It’s that they even have to. I love this game, but I’ve never found a more useless group than Anet tech support. Not once have I known them to fix a problem. If I’ve had one, I had to research it and fix it myself. Tickets are pointless other than to listen to them ask you to put useless software on your system to check for things that are not related to the problem to begin with.
I had this same prblem AGAIN and had to use the bug to get passed it after attempting 3 times until I got sick of it.

Posted by: highlandish.9784

highlandish.9784

i’ve been grinding on the mordrem predator for hours now, no help at all from the npc’s. some are saying that caithe will rez you, but he doesnt even do that for me.

i’ve managed to get the boss down to 10% before dieing and the boss resetting. it is so frustrating. most times i only get it down to 30% before dieing.

edit: oh great, i rage quit and headed to the forums to read what is up with this, then i see the linked video to afk kill it. now i have to enter the story and collect the companions again to go to the boss.

(edited by highlandish.9784)

Posted by: Tiscan.8345

Tiscan.8345

To be honest: if you have any kind of ranged attack, the current version of the instance is a lot easier than before. In the past, you had to fight pretty much every mob you encountered on your way through the labyrinth as the NPCs would attack them and not follow you until the mobs were dead. So to have Rox blow up the vines you had to make sure she wasn’t fighting with any mob.

Nowadays, you just run past all mobs (the NPC will follow you without attacking anything), free your friends and range-attack the final “boss” while standing behind Caithe where he can’t attack you. Thats it.

Posted by: Tasharooo.1839

Tasharooo.1839

I’ve tried several times to defeat this boss now and i just can’t do it. As soon as i die the predator just regains health. Caithe doesn’t even bother ressing me. I could defeat it if Caithe would res but it’s impossible without that because it’s regenerated health before i can even get back into the centre. Suuuuuuuuuper annoying.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I just soloed the boss on this instance. I say solo because the allies followed me around but did nothing damage wise to help attack the Labyrinth troll, and they didn’t help heal me the 2 times I was dying. All in all, just that boss took about 30 mins to beat, as he completely healed the first time I died and the second time he went from 16% to 35% by the time I’d returned. The instance itself took almost an hour, but I didn’t notice lack of support until the final boss, so I can’t say for certain at what point the glitch started.

It’s good this is listed as a bug, otherwise I’d think it was just me. What’s bad, is when this thread was first opened vs when I’m posting.

Someone should look at this, because there’s definite scaling since you have allies, but because you don’t actually have allies, the scaling is probably abit much for most people going through this for the first time.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Kreeping Doom.2890

Kreeping Doom.2890

If you read above, you will see you can bug through it. Just as you enter final area, stay just at the entrance and range attack. The boss will not move or come after you. You can stand there and afk attack at range if you want.
I HATE the fact that we have to exploit bugs in mission to get through them because of Anet’s total lack of fixing this or even total ignorance in their tech support or GM responses. I got absolutely NO help from them at all. The ONLY thing they did was try to prove to me that it was packet loss causing the issue. I didn’t know whether to get angrier or laugh at the fact that someone which such little knowledge is actually who we have to go to for help.
After years on this game, I can honestly say that the biggest downfall to it is the complete uncaring attitude that Anet has towards it’s customers.
There are bugs in this game that still exist from release. Bugs that they don’t even attempt to fix.

Posted by: rotheche.2964

rotheche.2964

Still bugged, and very frustrating.

However:

Hey guys, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad, still no acknowledgement from ArenaNet that this bug exists . . . BUT . . . the good news is that, totally by accident, I discovered a really easy way to kill the Mordrem Predator. Its almost unbelievable really, and it came about by the latest ArenaNet Customer Service Officer dealing with the support ticket I submitted on this bug a week or so ago asking me for some screenshots of the NPCs acting like zombies. I decided to go one better and make a video of my attempt at the chapter during one of my daily bug reports, and made one of the whole thing including finding the NPCs in the labyrinth (https://youtu.be/fm8ZMMlp6yI).

Then the most bizarre thing happened . . . after I had got to the second restart after dying twice in the end battle (to show how the Predator returned to full health every time I died and restarted), I stopped the video, saved it, and then started to watch it to make sure the recording software had worked. I am not sure how long I watched it for, between 5 and 10 minutes maybe, but you can imagine my surprise and confusion when I closed the video screen and returned to the game, only to find the battle over and the Predator dead. This had basically occurred while I had been AFK, from the game screen anyway, so I had no idea what had happened. All I had to go on, in attempting to reproduce it so I could share it with you guys, was the position I had left my character in at the very end of the video.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I was able to reproduce, and record on video, this discovery after several hours and many fails, and so have also uploaded that video too (https://youtu.be/2K-fLeIlANA). In it I defeat him in about 5 minutes suffering zero damage. It would have been quicker if I had used more of my skills from the beginning, but I started out wanting to show it could be done AFK using the auto attack skill only. About halfway through I decided to speed it up.

Casser, you are my favourite person in the world right now.

Lilli Varss [OW]
Easily distracted mes—SQUIRREL!
GOM

Posted by: Pinkeh.4207

Pinkeh.4207

Still bugged. NPCs didn’t do anything. No combat, no healing, no revival.

Took out a rifle. Kited the boss for 20 minutes. He entered into a rage timer in the last 10% and spammed a ton of AOEs. Died at 5% boss hp

fourth attempt

Did it again, kiting, rolling, kiting, rolling, down to the last 1% boss hp got unlucky and downed to the floor with only a sliver of boss hp to go. Kept throwing rocks at it and beat it seconds before dying. Cut to Cinematic Still dead on the floor.

Best bug ever. 100/10.

Edit: just read exploit. God kitten it. -_-

taranwalker.4981

I just wanted to pop in and say that this is now working for me. It was bugged for me for what felt like ages, and today, I decided to randomly check and it’s now working for me. I am relieved. I hope this means it’s resolved for everyone.