Inventory Window changing size alone

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Has this been fixed yet? I may have missed the patch notes.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Nope, it still changes size if your inventory isn’t in the “right” place on your screen.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Over a year of postings and this is just one of many things in the game that have not been addressed at all.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Over a year of postings and this is just one of many things in the game that have not been addressed at all.

And that ladies and gentlefolk is why I’ve pretty much given up on this game when the camera/PoV “patch” (bug?) came out and broke so many things. Somebody still invested in the game, please take over from me in bumping this on a monthly basis or so. Perhaps they will finally fix it for GW3?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Sandbenders.5027

Sandbenders.5027

I wonder did anyone tried to use 18 slot bags? Or would it shrink anyway. ‘Cause I’m up for anything. It’s already part of my routine; login (or change char) open inv, resize inv. I’ll miss it when it’s gone and be stretching it every day without even notice!

That is if it’s ever fixed. This thread is over one year old!

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I can’t confirm for sure but I believe it happens with any size of bags.

Posted by: Jerry.3705

Jerry.3705

Still not fixed.

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

Still super annoying

Posted by: Stratos.9375

Stratos.9375

Just a reminer that this haven’t been fixed. Annoying just closing inventory and opening it again to see it smaller in size, I don’t know what is causing it but it’s clearly a bug, and it’s not even being looked into.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Just a reminer that this haven’t been fixed. Annoying just closing inventory and opening it again to see it smaller in size, I don’t know what is causing it but it’s clearly a bug, and it’s not even being looked into.

I’m not sure why you think they aren’t looking into it. It’s difficult to nail down because it can’t be replicated on demand, which is one of the things they need to do to validate any potential fix.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

shadow.6174

I’m not sure why you think they aren’t looking into it. It’s difficult to nail down because it can’t be replicated on demand, which is one of the things they need to do to validate any potential fix.

I remember seeing a dev response (maybe even in this thread) where they said they have tried to repro it but without success. They have been looking into it indeed but none seems to know for sure what’s really causing this.

shadow.6174

Found it. It was the last dev response to this thread:

I bring this bug specifically up with our producer for gameplay programming every month or so when this topic heats up again, and it’s been explained as a rather large rewrite that’s needed to fix it. They want to fix it too (and they find it just as annoying), but it unfortunately is the kind of fix has to be scheduled out and planned for. Think of this as similar to the fix we have coming for personal story. It’s a lot of work, and they want it done right.

Posted by: Sandbenders.5027

Sandbenders.5027

So, it seems to be fixed, for me at least, for now. Thanks to whoever fixed it. Been 3 days without having to adjust.

shadow.6174

So, it seems to be fixed, for me at least, for now. Thanks to whoever fixed it. Been 3 days without having to adjust.

That may not mean it was fixed. This issue has been intermittent, for a few it can go days without any issue and then it suddenly comes back. But let’s hope it was fixed somehow (although I believe it wasn’t).

Posted by: xaL.1768

xaL.1768

Still not fixed and it got worse, every time I log in, my inventory is reduced to the smallest size and sine the last patch, when I resize it while online, every time I open it again, it gets one row smaller.

Posted by: Jerry.3705

Jerry.3705

Just a reminder, it’s still not fixed.

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

I hoped that with the new wallet this would have been investigated and fixed but … still buggued.

shadow.6174

I hoped that with the new wallet this would have been investigated and fixed but … still buggued.

Same here :/ Although if you keep switching between Inventory and Wallet after 3 or 4 attempts the Inventory will shrink by 2 slots. Btw, I was expecting the wallet would work like a tab, same way like tabs in Hero and other panels: same window size for any tab. Having Inventory and Wallet with different window sizes looks really weird.

Posted by: Zoe.8310

Zoe.8310

Still bugged for me. Anyone else?

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Yes, still bugged for me as well. Pretty annoying.

Posted by: BentTinCan.9586

BentTinCan.9586

Still bugged for me. Has been for a while now, but seems to have gotten worse the last few days. I highly doubt that it will ever be fixed.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

This annoying kitten still going on.

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

FIX IT ALREADY.

this bullcrap has been bugged for well over a year now. I am way done past bringing it up and you doing nothing about it. Instead of fixing some minor issue some famous streamer brought to your attention, perhaps you could fix something that has 6 pages on your darn forums.

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

it was gone for the past 3 updates, now its back.

are you kittening kidding me? it cant be that hard to fix…

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

it was gone for the past 3 updates, now its back.

are you kittening kidding me? it cant be that hard to fix…

I’m seriously wondering what the heck is going on at Anet’s. They keep doing this. They fix something with an update and the next update breaks it again.

I get it, you have different teams working on different things, but maybe some coordination is in order. It’s not only annoying but actively wasting manpower and money.

Posted by: Drant.5902

Drant.5902

Although the inventory window now doesn’t automatic resize after I have moved the window. It stills shrinks by 1 slot to the left (10-column window becomes 9-column) every time I restart the game.

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

So this annoying bug is back again with the 01/Nov/2016 patch. It was some time since it was last brought back, but since you guys didn’t do many changes for this patch you might be able to nail it this time. My bet is on the “chest preview” code change, which should most likely have to do with inventory code.

Attachments:

shadow.6174

Yeah I realized it started happening again. In fact, I don’t think it would have to do with the new chest preview thing. It had been also happening on last week as well.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I’d never experienced this before, but now it’s been happening to me for the past couple days, I always keep my inventory at 4-wide, and now it keeps shifting to 5-wide.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”