Issue: "Slayer" listing inconsistent

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I know this isn’t technically a bug, but the forum description says “report bugs and issues” and this is an issue (or several) to me.

My issues are:

1. The list is sort of alphabetical, but not quite, like somebody slapped on some more entries later without caring where they go. I frequently trip over this when looking for a specific one in my list.

2. There is “biological” (Slayer) and “cultural” (Bane) achievements.
So next to Inquest (Asura), Nightmare Court (Sylvari), Flame Legion (Charr) and Sons of Svanir (Norn), shouldn’t “Bandit Slayer” be “Bandits’ Bane”?

3. As for dragon related shenanigans, there is an achievement “Zhaitan’s Bane” for slaying 1000 risen creatures, but none for slaying 1000 corrupted, branded or destroyer creatures.
At this moment, I don’t know if a branded devourer (for example) counts as a devourer or (in absense of “branded” as a category) nothing at all.

4. I would like to humbly suggest slayer achievements for special events. “Molten Slayer/Bane” could have worked beautifully. They could also already have been secretly counted while they were still just called “invaders”, with the achievement showing up in the list later. (If we can have achievements for Halloween and Christmas themed jumping puzzles, then why not slayers, too?)

5. It’s “Sons of Svanir’s Bane”, not “Son’s”.

I realise that I must come across as supremely anal, and that this should not be awarded top priority, but I had to get it off my chest. Thank you.

6. There’s no slayer achievement for Steam Creatures.

7. There’s no slayer achievement for Aetherblade.

Centaur Slayer
Drake Slayer
Harpy Slayer
Spider Slayer
Indiscriminate Slayer
Bandit Slayer
Skale Slayer
Bat Slayer
Shell Slayer
Devourer Slayer
Dredge Slayer
Elemental Slayer
Ettin Slayer
Ghostbuster
Giant Slayer
Grawl Slayer
Griffin Slayer
Hylek Slayer
Flame Legion Bane
Fish Slayer
Imp Slayer
Inquest’s Bane
Insect Slayer
Jotun Slayer
Krait Slayer
Minotaur Slayer
Nightmare Court’s Bane
Ogre Slayer
Ooze Slayer
Pirate Slayer
Plant Slayer
Raptor Slayer
Skelk Slayer
Skritt Slayer
Son’s of Svanir’s Bane (sic)
Troll Slayer
Windrider Slayer
Wurm Slayer
Zhaitan’s Bane

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Do nightmare spiders count towards spiders or towards Nightmare’s Bane?

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

3. As for dragon related shenanigans, there is an achievement “Zhaitan’s Bane” for slaying 1000 risen creatures, but none for slaying 1000 corrupted, branded or destroyer creatures.
At this moment, I don’t know if a branded devourer (for example) counts as a devourer or (in absense of “branded” as a category) nothing at all.

No, these should not count. Branded creatures are not Zhaitans doing. If anything it should be named Kralkatorrik’s Bane, the dragon responsible for branding stuff.

I realise that I must come across as supremely anal,

ill let yourself figure that out. :i

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Pixelpumpkin.4608

No, these should not count. Branded creatures are not Zhaitans doing. If anything it should be named Kralkatorrik’s Bane, the dragon responsible for branding stuff.

I realise that, and I never said branded creatures should count towards Zhaitan’s Bane. I said that if risen have their own slayer achievement, then branded and corrupted creatures should also have their own achievement.

The other question still stands: does a branded devourer count towards devourer slayer, or nothing at all since it is branded (and “branded slayer” is not implemented)?

It is impossible to test once you have completed the existing slayer achievements on your account.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Please also change karka kills to count towards Shell Slayer, or ad Karka Slayer as an achievement.

(Oh, and I noticed that environmental crabs still count towards shell slayer, too.)

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Added Steam Creatures

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Please add slayer achievement for living story chapters.

I know that there’s no more Molten Alliance foes to slay, but it is my understanding that the Aetherblade jumping puzzle will stick around. Since Aetherblade villains don’t seem to count towards pirates or bandits, can they please have their own slayer achievement?

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

You need to understand the difference between a bug report and a suggestion.
Here you’re just talking to the wall.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Well, the forum description says “bugs and issues”, but if this thread was moved to “suggestions” by the mods, it would be fair enough.