Issues with 'Join In' and playing with party members

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Skys.6421

Skys.6421

Which world you are playing on (or are in overflow from): Seaferer’s Rest
What map you are on : Forging the pact quest – Timberline Falls
How many people in your party- First was one, on the day of the official bug fix on this story(we both got in), since the story bugged-I didn’t finished it so later on I tried to get in with 2 more party members(didn’t work), and with 1 party member -also didn’t work
Any other details you can provide- Today we tried it again, we tried from same zone, different zones, then we tried to run together to the zone from other zone and so on, nothing worked I couldn’t get my party in.
We tried other story on Malchor’s leap, my friend invited 2 of us in to instance and it worked…. However, my invitation to Forging the pact doesn’t work

Posted by: keytar.3490

keytar.3490

On Tarnished Coast in Kessex Hills. Have been leveling a new character with a friend and we’ve been joining in on each others’ main quest lines. Since yesterday, neither one of us has been given the option to join in on the other’s main quest. I am on the quest “Track the Seraph” she is on the corresponding Vigil quest.

Posted by: noperfectplace.9048

noperfectplace.9048

Hello. I’m having a problem joining in on a story line quest in the city areas. Not only that, but we can’t mark where we want to go on the map for our other party members to see while in the city. I’m not in the overflow, but have had the same problem in the overflow. My realm is Gandara.

Posted by: Myristica.4061

Myristica.4061

Hi, I am on the ehmery bay server, and I was playing a sylvari hunter, and my party mate was playing a human elementalist. I was able to join every single personal story quests with his character. However when we had done my quests for my personal story he was able to only join one. We were both the same level and everything. The only quest he was able to join was the quest where you had to set up the defense towers against the bad sylvari.

Posted by: Kaamos.9250

Kaamos.9250

None of my friends were able to join me in the vigil missions lvl 33 (Killer Instinct) and lvl 36 (so far, haven’t tried the next ones yet). Still, I was able to join in their order missions for the same levels (33 and 36). The party was made of 3 players. The world we are playing in is “Fissure of Woe”". Hope my next missions can be shared

No overflow

Posted by: Mithion.1830

Mithion.1830

EDIT: Just so you all know, I logged out to desktop as did my wife. We gave it like 5 minutes instead of logging back in quickly. The join button started working and we both were able to get into the instance after that.

Which world you are playing on (or are in overflow from)?
The Tarnished Coast Server (overflow and tried regular world server)

What map you are on?
Queensdale

How many people in your party?
2 (Xavier Greystone, level 11 guardian and Cora Driscol, level 11 warrior)

Any other details you can provide?
Pretty cut and dry. Neither of us can Join each other (clicking just didn’t do anything). Also, exit to desktop and logging back into the game didn’t fix the issue.

“The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”

(edited by Mithion.1830)

Posted by: KidGrimm.2158

KidGrimm.2158

World: Stormbluff Isle
Map: So far all of them with this character, which is the grove and all of Caledon Forest so far.
Party Size: Two – Me and one other.
Other Details: We can join in the party just fine, but we cannot join in on each others story missions. We also lose each other on the maps if we travel about twenty or thirty feet away.

Posted by: Gaddafi Duck.6371

Gaddafi Duck.6371

I can’t join my friend’s story quest.

Server: Yak’s Bend
Map: Diessa Plateau
Party Size: 2
The quest is titled semifinals for Norn. He joins starts the quest, and even though we are in the same area, I am never prompted to join with him.

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Hello, a friend and I are having trouble joining in on story quests. Before the update as of Sep. 10th we were able to join in on each other’s story quests as long we were in a party and on same server (Overflow or otherwise, joining same world server was not a problem).
When nearing or clicking on ‘enter instance’ there is no option for the other member of the party to join the story instance.
Server: Tarnished coast.
Quest: An Apple a day and Mightier than the Sword.

Same issue…
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks
Zone: Gendarran Fields
Quest: Ever Vigilant
Party Size: 2, or 3

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

Posted by: Atlas.4509

Atlas.4509

Hello, a friend and I are having trouble joining in on story quests. Before the update as of Sep. 10th we were able to join in on each other’s story quests as long we were in a party and on same server (Overflow or otherwise, joining same world server was not a problem).
When nearing or clicking on ‘enter instance’ there is no option for the other member of the party to join the story instance.
Server: Tarnished coast.
Quest: An Apple a day and Mightier than the Sword.

Same issue…
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks
Zone: Gendarran Fields
Quest: Ever Vigilant
Party Size: 2, or 3

My wife and I have the same problem…

Server: Stormbluff Isle
Zone: Kessex Hills
Quest: Either of our personal stories
Party: 2

Posted by: Wolfgang Hype.8970

Wolfgang Hype.8970

My group plays on Tarnished Coast and has had this problem. Really had this problem with any group size, from 2 -5. We were playing in Bloodtide Coast, but had the issue in a number of other map we were in. We didn’t experience the issue in Lions Arch yesterday, but are experiencing it there now.

Tarnished Coast – Association of Classy Tyrians [ACT]
Shyamal- Asuran Necromancer | Varg Houtman- Norn Ranger
Nemo Randolf- Human Guardian

Posted by: Novii.9620

Novii.9620

Which world you are playing on (or are in overflow from)?
Sorrow’s Furnace

What map you are on?
Snowden Drifts

How many people in your party?

Any other details you can provide?
We’re both on the same server (Sorrow’s Furnace) and when we right click each other’s name it doesn’t give either of us the option to join. We can’t see each other on the map or in game, therfore it’s impossible to play together.

Posted by: Kainan.5249

Kainan.5249

Option to join party members or for them to join me does not appear for story quests

-Server = Gates of Madness
-Zone = Lions Arch
-Both Overflow and non overflow
-in same guild
-Seems predictable if party members dot is in the wrong place on the map when the party is formed its going to be a no party story night. Logging dosent fix it.
-2 Person party

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Playing some alts this evening, I was having all kinds of party problems that I don’t usually have. The other member of my party couldn’t join my personal story instance; they were just never given the option. We tried reforming the party, logging in and out, attempting it while on our home server, attempting it while on an overflow server, etc. Nothing worked. We were also having trouble (no feedback from the UI) attempting to join one another on different overflow servers several times; nothing would happen after choosing the option to join.

In addition to that, the heart-task monitor that sits next to every portrait (it lets you see your party member’s progress on the heart-task in the area when you mouse over it) was just missing. It just wasn’t there next to the portrait at all, no matter which heart-task region we were in. That was very unusual.

And on top of those problems, my party member couldn’t see the pings and scribblings created on the radar map by me (and visa-versa). Also unusual as this normally works.

The game was pretty much treating it like we weren’t grouped up. We could see party chat, however.

Our home world is Tarnished Coast, but (as I mentioned) we were also seeing this problem on overflow servers. This was in Kessex Hills, in a two person party. We hadn’t run into this problem before tonight (not since the improvements that were made post launch, anyway).

Posted by: darlingwind.1672

darlingwind.1672

Party members can’t join in my personal story. No option to join when I enter instance.

Server: Tarnished Coast, not overflow
Map: Lornar’s Pass around the Durmand Priory
How many people in your party: Tried with 2 and 3 (both didn’t work)

Other details:
- Party members never received option to join the instance. We tried another party member’s personal story (Asura – Rata Sum) and it worked. So I’m not sure if it’s Norn specific, instance specific or what the bug is.
- Quest is called “Silent Warfare” (L30 story)
- Party members L32 and L80, my level L34 (Norn), all same guild
- Party members were right beside me as I entered instance (so same location/map/server)
- I tried logging in and out and restarting the party with me as the initiator/“leader” with no luck

(edited by darlingwind.1672)

Posted by: jayderyu.3751

jayderyu.3751

Tarnished Coast
2 player party

Against the Machine(Norn Dissedau plains)
My wife was Norn, and I was a Human.

We tried regrouping and re-logging. Just didn’t work at all

I don’t need no stinking signature.

Posted by: Feycat.4370

Feycat.4370

World – Tarnished Coast
Maps – all
Party – 2

That old bug is back. We haven’t had trouble in days and days, and now this again.

Anytime we get any distance apart, our portrait and toon vanish. We have to get right on top of one another in order to see each other. We can’t join instances together. We can’t see heart progress for one another.

Sometimes zoning back and forth to other zones/the Mists worked, but didn’t tonight. Very disappointing to see this pop back up – it really destroys the entire game day for us.

Game enjoyment increases as time spent on the forums decreases.

Posted by: Ryft Mith.5123

Ryft Mith.5123

I’ve had this happen twice. The first time I was a Human Mesmer, and my friend was an Asuran Engineer, and we were trying to do my personal storyline (I don’t know which one, because I can’t log in right now, but it was the “Save The Queen” one near the end of the first storyline where you meet the Orders and choose Whispers) inside Divinity’s Reach.

We tried both the overflow server and the real one, and all times we tried to enter the instance it would let me in but not my friend. It was just me and my friend in the party. I was level 44ish and he was level 33ish.

The second time, I was a Human Ranger, and my friend was a Sylvari Necro. We tried to enter his storyline, I don’t know which one, but it was at the end of the “Zalisco Extract” storyline where he chose to follow Pellam. The map was Brisban Wildlands, and we again tried both the overflow and the real server. I was level 22, and so was he.

I never thought Hylek could be so awesome.

Posted by: Deathcakez.9837

Deathcakez.9837

World – Desolation
Map/s – Caledon Forest, Divinity’s Rach
Quest – Awakening (Troll salve), Arson at the Orphanage (Meet Logan)
Race/Class – Sylvari Necro and Human Ranger

We’ve encountered the same problem, me and my GF. We’ve successfully joined eachothers personal quests without hindrance in the past but recently we’ve ran into more and more times when we are unable to join eachother in these quests. The above mentioned quests are just one of the several times we’ve been affected.

Posted by: jocelyn.8259

jocelyn.8259

World – Tarnished Coast
Map – Lornar’s Pass (no quests, just exploring and doing hearts)
Race/Class – Norn Guardian and Human Ranger

Last night when playing between 9:30pm and 11:00pm USET, my sister and I had a slight issue where we could not see each other on the map after successfully grouping and fighting random mobs. I moved farther away from the nearest waypoint, and I was able to travel there and trigger a loading screen( travelling to the waypoint when I was too close to it did not work as I didn’t have to load the area). Once I did that, I was able to see her portrait and see her on the map. However, whenever one of us got too far away (we did not have to be right on top of each other but both of our “dots” on the mini map had to be visibly, one of us could not be “off” the others mini map), then the portrait would blank out. Once we closed the distance, it returned. It was very strange, but we made it work.

Posted by: Kaoss.3186

Kaoss.3186

World – Tarnished Coast
Maps – all
Party – 2

That old bug is back. We haven’t had trouble in days and days, and now this again.

Anytime we get any distance apart, our portrait and toon vanish. We have to get right on top of one another in order to see each other. We can’t join instances together. We can’t see heart progress for one another.

Sometimes zoning back and forth to other zones/the Mists worked, but didn’t tonight. Very disappointing to see this pop back up – it really destroys the entire game day for us.

Same thing happening to me, in Ehmry Bay, in a party of 2. The map doesn’t make a difference, either. Really frustrating and completely gamebreaking. Had happened before, but was apparently fixed. It’s back now, and as annoying as ever.

Posted by: OtakuS.1985

OtakuS.1985

Still having this issue currently. 2 members lions arch main server. We are in the same place, in a party, not in overflow and we can’t see eachother. Tried to change zones/relog until the other member was in an overflow then i was able to join them. However upon going to a new zone (archen foreland) we couldn’t see eachother anymore again even though both of us were on the main server. Tried leaving the zone and going back in, tried relogging, tried several things with no sucess. The join in option does not even appear(since were on same server) but can’t see the other person. This is a serious issue not even being able to play with 1 other friend.

Posted by: Nyogtha.5820

Nyogtha.5820

Howdy! Well, last night, for the first time we (a group of four of us) couldn’t see each other even though we were on the full server and close to each other. I can’t tell you why because nothing seemed to cause it. Suddenly we would simply vanish from view and our portraits would go black to one another.

It would sometimes switch between who could see each other and who couldn’t. In a small bit of time we were actually able to play together normally, but it didn’t last long. Logging in and out didn’t seem to matter and joining in didn’t seem to matter.

It was very frustrating, especially since it was the first time we had experienced this. On top of that we had the issue where the blue dot on the map in no way represented where your party members were. It was a bit of a mess.

We are on the Tarnished Coast server.
This happened regardless if in overflow or in the main server.
Sometimes join in would work, sometimes join in did nothing, sometimes join in didn’t respond at all, sometimes it wasn’t even an option.

Tired of guild shopping? Check out Grievance at http://www.grievancegaming.org/

(edited by Nyogtha.5820)

Posted by: Thaladar.1342

Thaladar.1342

Server: Tarnished Coast
Map: All
Party Size: 5
Problem: Everything. Playing as a group is a complete disaster.
1. Forming a group is impossible. The 5 of us grouped up, but R-clicking on the portrait and selecting “Join in…” doesn’t do anything. Didn’t matter if we were in Overlow or the main map.
2. And even if you ARE in the same instance, if you are more than ~30 yards from another player in the party, their portrait goes black and the blue dot on the map either disappears or shows incorrectly extremely far away.
3. ANY transition (Waypoint travel, personal quest, entering main city, etc) results in the 5 person group put in 2-3 different instances. And see #1 above why you can’t just R-click and “Join in”…it doesn’t work.

So, the 5 of us played for 3 hours, and of that those three hours, the time the 5 of us were in the same instance playing together was about 30 minutes. The rest of the time we were grouped with 1-2 others or solo trying to figure out how to get the 5 of us back together. Utterly ridiculous that they haven’t fixed this yet.

(edited by Thaladar.1342)

Posted by: Lyrium.7615

Lyrium.7615

World: Eredon Terrace
Map: Gendarran Fields
Party: 2; both Sylvari, one Elementalist and one Ranger.
Details: Unable to enter into each other’s story quest. This began 2 days ago on September 10th, 2012. Whether we have different quests or the same one to complete, we are unable to join each other. Our location dots also often do not show up on one another’s maps, and when first joining a party, our character faces show as blanks in the group member’s box, and when scrolled over they read that our characters are a “Level 0 None”. The box and map dot problem fix themselves after a while of playing, but the story quest issue has yet to resolve itself.

Posted by: Shequi.4763

Shequi.4763

World: Frostbluff Isle/Piken Square
Map: Queensdale
Party size: 2

Both in party, both on map. Can’t see each other on minimap or physically if we’ve confirmed we’re at the same waypoint. No option to ‘join in’ on right click of portraits either.

Posted by: NiquidLitrogen.6593

NiquidLitrogen.6593

World: Crystal Dessert
Map: Cursed Shore
Party: 5

I was doing Arah and I bugged myself on a cannon and I couldn’t move my character at all. I warped to a waypoint and I still couldn’t control my character so I relogged and tried to re-enter the dungeon. It would not let me through. I would click on the Join In button and it won’t do anything. I enter the dungeon through the portal but it starts a brand new dungeon. When I leave it through the portal, another popup opens asking me to join in with the party. I click it and join in, but it takes me to the new dungeon.

Posted by: Zeph.1260

Zeph.1260

5 into CoF

one DC then cannot rejoin

gets their own instance.

or if we have leavers we try to get a replacement..

they get thier own instance.

team ends up getting split..

dungeon over.

Posted by: Varacka.2831

Varacka.2831

World: Darkhaven/Sancutary of rall
Zone: Metrica Provence/Divinitys Reach/Queensdale

I as of today am unable to see party members on other ‘worlds’ yet i could just fine last night. First i was on Darkhaven and teaming with a friend on santuarary of rall and now the same vice versa with a diffrent friend. First Zone was Dinivnitys reach not go. Then we tried in queensvale (or w/e the name is) no go so i was forced to server swap. Now the same is happening with a diffrent friend and we are in metra province. What are we doing wrong.

Edit my issue is the same as Shequi’s. But diffrent servers

(edited by Varacka.2831)

Posted by: Earthacis.3862

Earthacis.3862

I’m playing on Borlis Pass, and at some point right clicking on party members in the party UI does not work. Also right clicking on names in the chat box does not work. This happens on every map and swapping zones does not change it. Only restarting the client does. It has happened with 2-5 people in my party it does not seem to matter how many people are in the party.

This is extremely annoying and is making it extremely hard to group with people, send mail to people, as well as reporting and blocking people.

Posted by: SFscubdoo.4327

SFscubdoo.4327

Server: Ferguson’s Crossing
Zone: All
Party size: 2

Been playing with a RL friend. When the game first went live, “join” feature was not working, it was visible on my friend’s profile, but did not work. Then it was fixed and had not been an issue for about a week. And now for the past week the “join” feature does not even show on his portrait, nor does mine on his.

We make sure we are in the same area, take waypoints to the same place, form a group, he appears as a blackened portrait. When I click on him, there is no option to “join”. Neither of us is in overflow, we just can’t see each other, grouped or not. This means I can’t help him with quests or storylines and vice versa. I was a higher level than my friend and considered maybe this was part of the problem, but we created new characters of the same race and even same class, but this makes no difference in the outcome.

I have another friend that plays with her brother and according to her they are having no issues at all. No response so far from GW2.

Posted by: Skunt.5076

Skunt.5076

My Server: Seafarers Rest
Friend server: Baruch Bay.
Party size: 2.

Issue: Can only join in when 1 of us is in an overflow server but on our servers harldy esp high lvl zones have an overflow.

So to sum up:

Me on SF She on BB => cant join in.
Me overflow SHE BB=>She can join in.
She overflow ME SF=> I can join in.

My tempory solution was to switch server to BB and play then switch back.
But because you choose to not punish WvWvW exploiters now i will have 24H cooldown meaning i cant play with either my friend or guild.

Sorry but exploiters win ones again you cant put 24H cooldown b4 you fix issues with join in imo.

[FU]Fluffy the Pusycat.
SFR community site: http://www.pevepe.net/

Posted by: SFscubdoo.4327

SFscubdoo.4327

As an update to my previous issue with being unable to join friends. Both myself and my friend transferred to another world from Ferguson’s Crossing and in the process, seems to have corrected the issue where we can now see each other, help with quests, etc… For the record, I contacted GW2 support on 09/15/12 about this and they have still not responded to me.

Posted by: Eronaile.8062

Eronaile.8062

#players in party: 2
player 1 world: Flussufer (DE)
player 2 world: Desolation (EU)
no overflow!
we were on the same map: Queensdale (we even moved to the subregion Altar’s Winding together!)
mutual friend list entry: YES

time: 22 Sep 2012, around 1:00 AM CET

Problem:
- portrait of friend is black
- rightclicking portrait does not offer any ‘Join (in)’ option

Thanks for fixing this very annoying problem asap. It’s been around for a long while….

Posted by: Okamikazi.8652

Okamikazi.8652

World – Darkhaven (not overflow)
Map – Plains of Ashford
Number in Party – 5

Went in the dungeon door after getting into party and pressed replay story mode. Once in the gate by rytlock is shut and my party said that they were right by rytlock and they couldnt see me and i couldnt see them. Tried reloging, re-entering, and re-inviting but nothing worked.

Please make this problem a priority.

Posted by: Davez.4861

Davez.4861

wrong post, sorry.

Posted by: Caswyn.3824

Caswyn.3824

Which world you are playing on: Northern Shiverpeaks
What map you are on: Diessa
How many people in your party: 2

I have tried to join his story, and he has tried to join mine, it doesn’t prompt either of us and just pops us into our own stories.

Posted by: MoneyFish.3592

MoneyFish.3592

Examples:
Which world you are playing on (or are in overflow from)
What map you are on
How many people in your party
Any other details you can provide

World: Yaks Bend
Map: Ashford (Charr 1-20 area)
Party: 2 (1 Charr, 1 Human)
Details: One of the later Charr storyline missions. My friend cannot join me, and he also sometimes disappears completely.

Posted by: Skunt.5076

Skunt.5076

Any update on this ?
Because of 24H cd on switch server i cant play with friends on other servers now which is really anoying to say it in a nice way…

[FU]Fluffy the Pusycat.
SFR community site: http://www.pevepe.net/

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Yak’s Bend US, cannot get into dungeons with a party.

If all party members are on the same server, I am either sent into an empty instance or can’t get in at all.

If the other party members are on a different server, I get a network error (1006:9:7:392:101).

The problem started when the 24-hour transfer cooldown period was enabled, and I haven’t been able to get into any dungeon since (I transferred once, to this server, to play with some friends).

If the cooldown period is just meant to limit WvW exploits, why don’t you simply make it a WvW cooldown period (disallow players from going into WvW for 24 hours after transferring), instead of hurting everybody else by making it impossible for them to transfer when the dungeons or skill challenges on their current server get bugged?

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: DashRaptor.8209

DashRaptor.8209

Here’s a fun new one. Wasn’t happening before today’s update.

Server: Jade Quarry
Party: Two
Area: Plains of Ashford (maybe more)

Whenever I do my story, everything plays normal, cutscenes are fine. When we join in his story, though, I can’t view his cutscenes. They go into them as normal, and I see the icon over his head, but I stay in the game and never get to see the cutscene. We’ve already had to restart this pair of characters once before because of story glitch issues, so we’d really really appreciate not having to do it again >_>;

EDIT: Naturally, the next mission we do after I post this works perfectly fine. :P Ain’t it always the way? XD

(edited by DashRaptor.8209)

Posted by: Kaiten.7631

Kaiten.7631

Server: Yak’s Bend
Area: Metrica Province
Party: 2-3

My friends and I were trying to do our personal story for our Asura characters. I started out trying to get into mine with just one friend, but we weren’t able to get in. Another friend joined us and he wasn’t able to join either. The odd part was when we went to do the parts that were in Rata Sum we could all enter. Hopefully this will be fixed when possible, would really like to see my friends story.

Posted by: Sasha.3295

Sasha.3295

I noticed this problem a great deal in the first week of play, then it abated. I thought it was fixed. But in the last 72 hours, it has returned with a vengeance….

Playing Tarnished Coast server, Gendarran Fields Zone
Two separate instances of two pairs of different characters on different storylines behaves identically as follows:
Two player are partied in a group, both in-zone.
Upon entering zone, we are unable to see each others’ portaits in party UI unless in close proximity to one another.
When mission owner enters story mission, other player is not given prompt to enter. Other player also has no ‘Join In’ option to join mission-owning player.
Reboots, leaving zone and returning, quitting and reforming party, forming party in separate zones/same zones/whatever and many different combination of the above give no joy … still unable to join one another in story missions, effectively blocking progress for us as we have been storying with these pairs of characters together since launch.

Posted by: Sasha.3295

Sasha.3295

Edit/Addition to Above:

In neither case are either of us in overflow zones.
We have checked our servers and verified we are both in Tarnished Coast. Home server, base map for both of us, no overflow.

Posted by: Chidori Cross.1748

Chidori Cross.1748

During the last few days I’ve noticed problems with our party. We are all in the same map yet our pictures are dark and we can’t see each other. If I look on the map and see where their blue dot it, it’s not where near where they actually are. In the case today the blue dot was showing she was in a place that she has actually never been to. Once I found her in the map (we were in the fields of ruin) then her picture popped up and her blue dot adjusted to show where she really was. But if she walked a little ways away from me (I could still see her on my screen) Her picture would disappear and I would lose her blue dot. Also it never showed me any of her hearts so I never knew if she was done with one or not. Wanted to add that the first time we noticed it happen, there were 3 of us and we were all in the Caledon Forest.

(edited by Chidori Cross.1748)

Posted by: Poohk.6425

Poohk.6425

Same exact issue as above poster. We are on yak’s bend. This occurs in the Plain’s of Ashford.. have not tried any other zones as we are low level. Also we are unable to join each others personal story

This is occuring in a “non overflow” server

Posted by: Lunalion.7546

Lunalion.7546

I cannot join my guild members storylines. And when we’re not close to eachother, map points to where party members are, are wrong.

Posted by: QuantumVoid.9048

QuantumVoid.9048

I cant not bring party members into any instant, main quest or soty line quest. there is no selection screen to ask them if they want to join, and i see there level as zero,. This all started when i was in a party of two and i was in the questRending the Mantel, half way in my screen went all white and my party member was kicked from the instant. ever sence i could not see him on my screen, when i look on my map he is all the way in Rata Sum, and then he pops up here and there around me,. all i want it to bring people into my instants. i am in Sea Of Sorrows and i am doing the main quest THE STING with 2 of my Avatars and i can not bring anyone in my party into the instant , im party leader and i also tryed not being party leader, , my party is next to me, even ontop of me and still nothing. i made a third avatar and made it up to lvl 13 with being able to bring people into my instances even the one where my screen went white(rending the mantel) but when i get to the instant (THE STING) i am not able to bring party members into it. This is making me hate this game. I LOVE GUILD WARS and i only play it to be with my best friend the lives far away. Now that we cant party up in instants it making me hate this game. Please fix this or please tell me how to fix this problem, i reinstaled the game. and still the same problem. PLEASE GW2 help use.PLEASE!!

Posted by: ForeverOath.3651

ForeverOath.3651

Currently in Plains of Ashford, and the party UI is being very strange. Party member’s portrait goes dark unless they are standing really close to me, and we don’t get the pop up for joining in on story quests. Also, blue dot on the map has been all over the place.

Posted by: SmokingAir.8294

SmokingAir.8294

can’t join story mode in kessex hills all instances are bugged can’t do none of them in a team after the last patch, I’m trying to do this game in a team….. we have tryed logging out and still no joy.

server: Seafarers
Map : kessex hills
2 party members i was level 18 he was 20 no overflow same guild as well.