Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Race: Female Norn
Class: Ranger

Clipping issues between Tier 2 medium armor for norn + thief anonymity hood (transmuted over) + vigil medium pants.

Picture included shows the hood clips with the armor and the vigil pants protrude out the back of the tier 2 norn medium chest armor.

I can dye the white part the same burgundy as the pants and it makes it less noticeable but it’s still pretty bad. Seems the vigil pants have a lot of problems.

Attachments:

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

(edited by Arsenic Touch.7960)

Posted by: Sprawler.5612

Sprawler.5612

Race: Asura
Sex: Male
Profession: Warrior

It seems my Pact Avenger of Rage has turned into a low res mesh, as far as I can tell, designed for distant rendering.

I transmuted it with a Ceremonial Scimitar of Rage and it came out like this, although I can’t say for certain if it was like this before I transmuted it since I hadn’t had a good look at it after the patch.

The most obvious difference is the lack of the gear at the hilt of the blade, but the entire sword is also more splodgey and undefined.

Attachments:

(edited by Sprawler.5612)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Race: Human
Sex: Female
Profession: Elementalist

A transmuted Flame Eye won’t show up on the character. Strangely enough, it appears on the character selection screen.

And no, I’ve tricked my head slot item

Attachments:

(edited by maddoctor.2738)

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

The particle effects for the Ghastly Short Bow stop working after I use a skill, which I think is not supposed to happen, though I watched some videos on youtube of others using the long/short bow and it happened to them too, so it’s not just me. In videos with greatswords the effect keeps when using skills. Please let me know if it’s supposed to stop when using or if this is an issue. Thanks!!

Attachments:

Posted by: Svamp Mucklan.3267

Svamp Mucklan.3267

Hi, when I first bought my AC greatsword, it glowed with a blue shine like it should do. Then , about 12 minutes after I bought it , It stoped glowing for some reason and I could not get it back to glowing.

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Attachments:

Posted by: Thalasenar.7089

Thalasenar.7089

Sylvari
male
Necromancer

Graphic Bug with the following two pieces of armor:
Gloves of the Dryad
Boots of the Dryad

Both belong to the Light Sylvari Cultural Armor (Tier 3)

Everytime i enter the water the gloves and the boots change their look to a white/red color and the form changes a little bit. You can see the bug on the second screenshot.

The bug stays when i leave the water.

When i change the colour of the boots and gloves they return to their correct look.

I invested a lot of time & money in the t3 cultural armor and would be very happy if you could fix this bug. thank you very much.

Happy holidays!

Attachments:

Posted by: Gill Halendt.2038

Gill Halendt.2038

Male Human, Scholar Professions

Issue with Vigil Leggings clipping through the Vigil Shoes, as seen in the screenshot.

The problem is particularly evident on physiques #5, #6 and #7 for Male Humans, as those body models feature a wider waistline and broader calves.

It’s really a minor issue and I doubt anything will be done about this, but since the latest patch the problem seems to have aggravated for no apparent reason: while it used to be much less visible before, now the left boot blatantly clips through the leggings. Something must have changed recently.

PS – Worth mentioning that the aforementioned patch also broke armor preview. Looks like level restrictions now apply to the equipment preview window as well: it’s currently impossible to activate armor preview on armor pieces other than those the character can actually wear. Is this intended?

Attachments:

Posted by: Gill Halendt.2038

Gill Halendt.2038

Issue with weapon

When sheathed, the Greatsword “Zweihander” (and the Avenger’s Longsword with the same skin) floats too close to the body on Male Norn characters.

Half the sword goes literally through the character’s shoulder, even when naked, and it gets even worse while wearing armor (see attachment).

Attachments:

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Female Norn, Light Armor

Cof Shoulders (Dungeon Rewards) looks silly oversized and floats at considerable distance from the body.

I’ve notice that this seems to happen to Norns only, cause i’ve never Humans/Sylvari Female with such kind of issue. Shoulders are big by design, ok, but this thing on Norn looks plain ridicoulous compared to other 2 races counteparts, i sincerely hope it’s a glitch.

http://i.imgur.com/ajRzO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xJb64.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NEk8D.jpg

Attachments:

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Jaycat.8167

Jaycat.8167

Male Charr, Medium armor (Helm)

Found a bug currently with my chars helm, basically I transmuted my AC token helm to the char t2 medium armor skin while wearing it and now no matter what I do I can’t seem to apply a new dye to it, If I apply a dye this is all that happens (applied dies to all armor just to show the effect).

As you can see in the pictures the dye simply doesn’t apply like it does on the rest of the armor.

Edit : just to go into a bit more detail of what I think may have caused the bug, when I transmuted my helm I was wearing it already (The Medium armor helm from the AC tokens) and after transmuting it (to the charr t2 medium as pictured) I actually had the AC helm still on my character, even while not wearing a helm (although if I wore a helm it would show both models) this issue dissapeared after I relogged however, leaving me only with the issue of being unable to dye my current helm.

Attachments:

(edited by Jaycat.8167)

Posted by: Conjurerjiki.1204

Conjurerjiki.1204

I do not have a screenshot but can you fix the flame legion helmet bug it show my neck blue and purple sometime I couldn’t see it. I had to hide and unhide again and when on character select it shows again.

I’m on my charr male and I hope you fix it thanks and I do not wanna screenshot!

Posted by: Conjurerjiki.1204

Conjurerjiki.1204

Oh I forgot to mention
Charr Male : Flame Legion Helm (Light armor)

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

PLEASE solve the texture problem with the Duelist Armor (the one that the Thieves Guild wear too).

It has a vertical red line on the chest (at least male human players, and I believe male norns too), and also on the long side-skirt part (I’m not really sure how to name that part in english), and on the lower part of the back too.

It’s an armor that a lot of people use, but it has those 3 red lines breaking this awesome armor.

Please fix it, it has been there from the beginning and it gets annoying.

Posted by: Arrana Zen.1635

Arrana Zen.1635

Armor: Order of whispers medium legs

Once you equip the Order of Whispers medium legs armor, there’s a gap between the lower and the upper part of the character’s body – like someone sawed you in half.

The upper part of the body is floating several pixels above the legs. If I take the leg armor off, everything goes back to normal. I see there are several complains about this piece of armor already and I hope you fix it soon cause it’s really annoying running around Tyrija with a hovering torso

(edited by Arrana Zen.1635)

Posted by: MicroGhost.3571

MicroGhost.3571

When I dive into water, my armor(Heritage armor (light)) textures will change wrong.
However, my armor textures returns to the origin when clothes is changed to the town clothes once.

Attachments:

Posted by: ArmoredRam.7236

ArmoredRam.7236

Race : Human
Sex : Female
Class : Necromancer

Category : Armor Clipping Issues

Item : Light Heavenly Bracers

When I use the Light Heavenly Bracers from the HoM on any armor it clips with the characters hands. They are a nice set of gloves but always seem to have clipping issues. Screen Shots are attached below.

Attachments:

Posted by: NrejNreR.3918

NrejNreR.3918

Race: Sylvari
Class: Elementalist

Armor: Crafted masquerade light armor

The screenshot says it all. Under the armpits.

Attachments:

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Armor sizing issues
There is a sizing difference between two of the same armor skins. The PvP is sized correctly while the PvE version is slightly smaller

The items are known as in;
PvP ‘Guild Boots’
PvE ‘Banded’ boots

Highlighted in image provided.

Character: Norn female (although I doubt it is the hero model issue)

Attachments:

Posted by: Towarzysz.9578

Towarzysz.9578

Very annoying visual bug with Asura wielding a greatsword. When the Asura hold greatswords their wrists disappear. This bug happens no matter if the gloves are equipped or not
Profession: Guardian

Attachments:

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Acolyte Coat + Masquerade Mantle = Clipping
(Masquerade Mantle Clips even with hair)

Profession: Mesmer

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Erick Alastor.3917

- Flame Legion Gloves
- Flame Legion Shoes

The situation on the right happen after every dive. :d
If I remove Gloves and Shoes and then re-equip them the shown issue goes away.

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Posted by: jonnielaw.5609

jonnielaw.5609

First and foremost, I apologize for lack of a screenshot, but I’m away from the game atm. I will edit and add when I get home.

The Ghastly Shield acquired from Ascalon Catacombs is not displaying properly on my male Charr. Basically, his hand clips through the “face” as if he was looping his forearm through the eyesocket. This issue still occurs with or without gloves equiped.

Love the shield, but this kinda ruins it for me.

Attachments:

(edited by jonnielaw.5609)

Posted by: Galactimus.1957

Galactimus.1957

Race: Norn
Class: Warrior

Item: Flame Legion Breastplate
Type: Heavy Armor
Slot: Body
Level: 80
Rarity: Exotic
Found: Purchased for 330 Flame Legion Charr Carvings from the Citadel of Flame dungeon vendor in the southern section of Lion’s Arch.

Issue: This body piece does not connect properly to your waist. While wearing this breastplate you can actually see through your stomach like the top half of your body is floating in mid air. This becomes extremely noticeable when you start to run around. Also, you only see this from behind your character. Everything looks fine from the front.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtuFjbuYnsE
I made a 1 minute youtube video showing the problem in detail (Is that ok? If not I’ll remove it and you can just check the pictures below.)

Pictures:
1. While wearing “Orian Legguards” (Level 80, Leggings, Exotic, Heavy Armor, from the Arah Dungeon Vendor in the south section of Lion’s Arch.)

2. While wearing no pants at all.

3. Picture of my Hero’s Inventory screen.

Attachments:

(edited by Galactimus.1957)

Posted by: Flarfle.7345

Flarfle.7345

Class: Guardian

Head: Nightmare Helmet of the Nightmare (TA)
Shoulders: Nightmare Pauldrons of the Nightmare (TA)
Chest: Heavy Armageddon Breastplate (TA)
Gloves: Warden Gloves (Transmuted over Knight’s Draconic)
Legs: Warden Leggings (Transmuted over Knight’s Draconic)
Boots: Warden Boots (Transmuted over Knight’s Draconic)

The best way to describe this bug is that the T2 Cultural Armor is not displaying the same lighting/colors as the other pieces of armor I am using. As seen in the screenshot, it does not line up with metal armor nor other “grown” armor such as the TA dungeon armor. The interesting thing, however, is that this is not reflected in the hero panel which looks fine . I have tried depositing/withdrawing the armor from the bank and messing with the transmutations to no avail.

This is the same instance of the bug as posted in this thread, but as far as I can tell we were asked to move the reports to this thread with more details.

Cheers!

Edit: Added screen of how the cultural armor doesn’t change in shadows and how deep pine shows how weird the coloring is.

Attachments:

Feichyn – Guardian
Eliana Massano – Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Flarfle.7345)

Posted by: Codata.2019

Codata.2019

The particle effects for the Ghastly Short Bow stop working after I use a skill, which I think is not supposed to happen, though I watched some videos on youtube of others using the long/short bow and it happened to them too, so it’s not just me. In videos with greatswords the effect keeps when using skills. Please let me know if it’s supposed to stop when using or if this is an issue. Thanks!!

I got the same problem, would be nice if they fix it soon.

Posted by: Zoralink.9836

Zoralink.9836

http://i.imgur.com/5P7tc.jpg

Looks like they didn’t expect anyone to use the girly man shoes I have on in that picture. Kind of just adds insult to injury though, since I find those shoes make my guy look like an idiot already, let alone when he has only a red void for ankles!

The two items are:
Improved Scout’s boots
Ravaging Swindler Pants

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

As of a couple weeks ago, side sheathed weapons are showing as hanging a few inches off of the clothing, even if it’s something very puffy so it looks weird. Is this an intended change?

Attachments:

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Bugged armour piece: T1 Cultural Heavy Shoulders
Remaining armour worn: T3 Cultural Heavy
Weapon: Corrupted Avenger

These don’t look bad in the Hero Panel, but in-game they look quite bad – they are floating/hoovering quite a distance away from your actual shoulders.

Attachments:

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

Armor piece: Nobleman’s Pauldrons
Shield: Jora’s Defender

Jora’s Defender clips badly with Nobleman’s Pauldrons. This is also the case for some other “imported” Guild Wars 1 shields, such as Kryta’s Embrace and Shield of the Wing

For comparison, the default round shield, which is nearly the same model as Jora’s Defender but with a different texture, doesn’t clip at all. Moving Jora’s Defender away slightly from the character’s arm should fix the issue.

Thank you.

Attachments:

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

(edited by Lagg.3960)

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

Hi, when I first bought my AC greatsword, it glowed with a blue shine like it should do. Then , about 12 minutes after I bought it , It stoped glowing for some reason and I could not get it back to glowing.

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

it’s not bugged. there are two skins. one for daytime (the screenshot) and one for nighttime (the glow). keep in mind its the in-game day/night cycle.

Posted by: Blackmon.1903

Blackmon.1903

Bald npcs on cutscenes.

Attachments:

Posted by: Tercian.5709

Tercian.5709

Face glitch

When I jump or run, I can see black texture below the hair.

Head piece check square disable,
Even when I remove the head piece the black texture is still there.

fix please !

thank you.

Attachments:

Posted by: Gerke.7695

Gerke.7695

Proffession: Thief

The headgear seems a bit wierd. It’s clipping in the neck and in the front it looks a bit wierd aswell.

Armor:
Head: Inquest Helm of the Golemancer
The rest does not affect this bugg, i tryed multiple armor pieces but yet the bugg stays
Shoulders: Duelist
Chest: Duelist
Hands: Inquest Gauntlets
Leggs: Inquest Leggaurds
Boots: Inquest Greaves

Attachments:

A gamer has no life, but have multiple lives.

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I think this screenshot speaks louder than a thousand words. Same as my above post, it concernes T1 heavy cultural Norn shoulderpads.

Attachments:

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Rannug.2731

Rannug.2731

several midsection exposing armor types will display this gap:

Attachments:

Posted by: NobleNeon.3561

NobleNeon.3561

First post, I’d just like to point out that my favorite hat (Pirate Hat, Ascalonian Hat) has been clipping with my male Asura whenever I use my rifle. When I equip it the cloth seems to stretch and fold under the character’s chin sideways. Second of all, the cloth clips through the back of my character’s head when the rifle is equipped. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

Erick Alastor.3917

Acolyte Mask / Hair clipping issue

Attachments:

- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Dawn.7268

Dawn.7268

Profession: Thief

The medium armor Vigil Leggings create a see-through line on my character’s belly, exactly like how the winged armor did. I checked to see if it was a problem with my other armor pieces (duelist) but the line only appeared when wearing the Vigil Leggings. I know you guys fixed the issue with the winged armor so it’d be nice if you did the same for the Vigil Leggings :]
I tried my best to take a screenshot of it.

Attachments:

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

Asura female hair shading issue

Profession: any

For some reason the 5th (or 4th) hair option for Asura females (2nd down on 2nd column) causes two triangles of hair on each side of the head to react differently to shadows, causing the hair to be discolored at all times. In direct light it’s often less noticeable, and the same if using a darker hair color – but it persists regardless of the conditions. In dim areas it can be very noticeable.

Attachments:

(edited by captaincrunch.6731)

Posted by: Tsaerid.5084

Tsaerid.5084

Issue with weapon; incinerator.

Using ride the lightning on my elementalist will sometimes disable the effect from incinerator surrounding your arm in flames. Sometimes simply sheathing and drawing the weapon again will restart the effect, other times the effect will not show again unless you unequip and re-equip the weapon.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kazima.1642

Kazima.1642

Class: Mesmer

When I right click on armour and press preview, it doesn’t show it on my character. It just shows the original armour he is already wearing... I’ve tried this with all the armour vendors in LA and I get the same results. Also the weapon particles don’t seem to be working, such as particle effects (glowing etc.)
I think there may be an error in my guild wars 2 files or I’m just doing something stupid.
The pictures show first my character with his normal armour and then it shows the preview screen with the selected items but nothing changes besides the dye colour on the boots.

Attachments:

Posted by: Gartean.3475

Gartean.3475

race:charr
sex:male
class:guardian

(it happens with any race,sex and class that can wield a hammer)

when you have an armor that has a special texture over it(like the dredge breastplate[sorrow’s embrace heavy armor chest]) and equip the legendary hammer(the juggernaut),those bits with the special texture(the lava parts) become invisible and its badly looking,after all the farm i had to do to get the hammer,now my favourite armor becomes bugged…

i hope you can fix it as soon as possible,i dont want to transmute my favourite armor

i assume it would happen with other pieces like the dredge helmet’s eyes and such.
the armor in the screens are(heavy armor):
charr T3 heavy shoulderpads(cultural armor)
dredge breastplate(sorrow’s embrace chest)
charr cultural T2 gauntlets
charr cultural T2 leggins
flame legion greaves(citadel of flame boots)

Attachments:

Posted by: Inti.6853

Inti.6853

race: Asura
sex: Male
profession: Warrior

it would appear that my armor dye is to be bugged, all my armor dye could be bugged however i can only notice my shoulders [Orrian Pauldrons of the Knight] and my boots [Nightmare Greaves of the Traveler] for my shoulders, i do not have access to the third dye slot, i have tried to equip a 3 slot dye shoulder, dye each slot a different color and then have a friend link me another set of the same shoulder but it is still bugged, the third slot is the slot that lets you changed the skull on your right shoulder. Secondly, on my boots whenever i attempt to dye the second slot black, it reverts to dye remover (brown) and when i attempt to use the dye remover on the dye remover it turns black, but then when i exit the hero panel it once again reverts to brown.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Race: Charr

it appears that the Auruete highlander sword, the greatsword that is clips into the middle of the charr. is annoying walking around with a big blade sticking through your toon if i do say so. The scepters are attached to the foot for some reason as well. included are a pic of the greatsword and the princess wand( i hope anyways)
http://imageshack.us/a/img811/752/gw012u.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/gw011uf.jpg/

sorry for the bad quality playing on a bad computer, but it hasnt happened before. and just started with the last patch,

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Black Sheep.2694

Black Sheep.2694

Armor Type: Heavy
Armor Set / Piece: Gladiator Chest Piece
Issue: Arm clips through the shield

There is a clipping issue with a shield while using the gladiator chest piece. The first screenshot is of me wearing the Explorer’s gear set and there is no clipping issue. The second is me wearing all the same gear except I switched the chest piece for the Gladiator. Major clipping issue there.

Attachments:

(edited by Black Sheep.2694)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Issue: Banded armor Clipping with weapons

the below pictures are of me wearing a full banded armor set, and the issue it causes
http://imageshack.us/a/img211/486/gw013fr.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img23/4119/gw014vb.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img802/6450/gw015t.jpg

this last one is the set in question, i changed everything but the helmet and it fixed the issue
http://imageshack.us/a/img72/9756/gw016q.jpg

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

- Corrupted Shard (dagger)
- Asura
- Male
- Thief

P.S. Almost all armors on me have issues displaying weapons while not in combat.

Attachments:

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: Orphen.7409

Orphen.7409

Issue: Draconic Chestpiece changing character’s body type.

Full Berserker’s Draconic Armor, untransmuted. The chestpiece changes the body of my character, as clearly shown in the screenshots, to what seems to be a human female body. It also doesn’t line up with the leggings as a result. And I crafted the armor myself, on that character.

Attachments:

(edited by Orphen.7409)

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Profession: Engineer

Problem: Inquest Shield (and probably the Mystic Shield reskin) clips through my ARM and HAND while unsheathed. This shield can be purchased from the Crucible of Eternity armor vendor in Lion’s Arch.

I have attached two screenshots of the shield unsheathed while wearing two sets of armor with the same shield and a Seraph Pistol (Human T3 pistol) on the other hand:

• Screenshot 1: All armor pieces are part of the Sorrow’s Embrace “Furnace Reward” set from the Sorrow’s Embrace armor vendor in Lion’s Arch (except for the pants which is the Vigil Leggings that can be purchased from the Vigil armor vendor in Genderran Fields).
  • Screenshot 2: All armor pieces are part of the Crucible of Eternity “Inquest” set from the Crucible of Eternity armor vendor in Lion’s Arch. Though not as noticeable as the first shot, the shield still clips through my HAND.

Attachments:

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)

Posted by: Luchs.1302

Luchs.1302

since the last update, we can no longer preview a different class armor is this a bug or intentional? there’s no harm if i want to see my guardian in pretty TA light armor, is there?

+ Luchetta + Luchet + Kino Deluche +
+ Yare Yare +
+ Jade Quarry ++