Issues with the Guild System? Post here!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ascalonslion.3485

ascalonslion.3485

I’m having this “not in a guild” bug as well. It showed up when I joined a new guild. If I’m representing something else before swapping to the new guild my messages show up in that guild I’m not representing anymore and I don’t see anything, not even a “not in a guild” message

Posted by: Fidchell.7695

Fidchell.7695

Many people in my guild have reported chat problems. Most can’t talk or reply, this is at the point I’m trying to rebuild and is causing huge problems. For days and days I have to try and work around as best I can, but it’s pointless to recruit when no one can talk to another.

Posted by: Doutrus.7428

Doutrus.7428

Hi!
Since yesterday I have this problem not being able to see or write in guild chat. They can see if I write they say. I logged off and on again. It didnt help. I left the guild and was invited again. Nope. Though I can whisper.
Waiting ur assistance

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

Yup. My guild chat for me isn’t working, no chat available to view when I type or what’s being said to me.
Is this fixable? Do I need to do something?

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

I can read guild chat fine most of the time, and type to it, but new messages to guild chat don’t highlight the tab like other chats.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’ve logged in and out several times and I can see our guild and everyone in it but if you try and chat in guild chat is says you are not in a guild. It is doing that to others in the guild too.

Ok…I found a suggestion posted 7 days ago in another thread to go to the friends tab and go invisible then online. That fixed it for me for now.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

Posted by: Merathkira.7041

Merathkira.7041

Also having this issue, curiously, only with one of my five guilds (one I joined after the major patch).

I’ve tried going invisible and going back online. Didn’t work.
Tried logging.
Tried clearing the cache files from my computer.
Tried deleting and reinstalling the client.
Tried accessing the game from a different computer—same issue.
Tried standing down and representing the guild.
Tried being kicked and getting reinvited.

I cannot talk through this one guild. Sometimes the messages just disappear (when that happens they say they can read them, but I see no chat), sometimes I get ‘you are not in a guild’ (after I have stood down or repped another guild, and gone back to repping the problem guild), and sometimes I get ‘no one hears you’.

Frustrated as hell. Only consolation is that at least they broke something as well as the mac client this time.

Running on Win7.

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

Also having this issue, curiously, only with one of my five guilds (one I joined after the major patch).

Tried logging.

I cannot talk through this one guild. Sometimes the messages just disappear (when that happens they say they can read them, but I see no chat), sometimes I get ‘you are not in a guild’ (after I have stood down or repped another guild, and gone back to repping the problem guild), and sometimes I get ‘no one hears you’.

Frustrated as hell. Only consolation is that at least they broke something as well as the mac client this time.

Running on Win7.

Same exact problem for me. Joined a guild recently and the same exact things have happened, tried everything I could think of to fix it.

Wrekks/Wrekts

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Just adding my voice to the chorus. No guild chat either… man I miss guild chat.

Posted by: Spawntrap.6915

Spawntrap.6915

I got the same issue, but just for 1 guild. Other guilds work just fine.

Maple
Leader Renderize [reN] – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Noodl.8034

Noodl.8034

cant see any guild chats members say they can see my messages but i cant see guild chat on all guilds i join

Posted by: Hayabusa.7830

Hayabusa.7830

Cant see any guild chat or send any of my own. Says that I am not in a guild

Posted by: Masha Mk.7014

Masha Mk.7014

up until a week ago i was able to fix the guild chat with going on invisible mode then back to online.

but in the last week nothing worked for my main guild.

now i had to drop out one my guilds to be able to see and write in my main one!

i couldn’t see my main guild chat, but if i write something, my guild mates could see it.

i could also write in my other guilds, just not the main one.

when will this be fixed, so i can have my 5 guilds active again.

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

I dunno if this has already been posted or not but… I think I found the issue with guild chat not working correctly.

For the past few days I’ve not been able to get guild chat to work with exception when I rep the first guild in my guild list. I would rarely get the ability to use the guild chat that was 5th in my list while still repping the first.

Last night I logged onto my ranger and the guild that was always 5th in my list was suddenly first. I repped it and guild chat worked completely and without error (after I went invis and back online).

Today I log back on and all my characters are showing the guild I wish to use guild chat in back in the 5th guild slot and I’m unable to use guild chat again. It is my theory that the guilds are shown to us out of order, our clients aren’t matching up with the server or something along those lines and that’s causing the issue.

All I know for sure is that the positioning of the guilds in the guild has an effect on my ability to use guild chat effectively.

For raisins I put attachment below, it shows my guild list. Last night [LAW] was first in my guild list and guild chat worked perfectly. Sometimes when repping ‘Alisons Second Vault’ I get the [LAW] guild chat, which suggests [LAW] should be in that spot, NOT any of my [Alis] guilds.

Attachments:

(edited by Allison The Strange.4519)

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

I can read guild chat fine most of the time, and type to it, but new messages to guild chat don’t highlight the tab like other chats.

Same here. It works just fine, but the tab doesn’t flash anymore when there’s a new message. Deleting and recreating it doesn’t help, unchecking and checking the option again doesn’t do a thing, either.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Same here. It works just fine, but the tab doesn’t flash anymore when there’s a new message. Deleting and recreating it doesn’t help, unchecking and checking the option again doesn’t do a thing, either.

It’s like the bug that already existed – if you stopped repping a guild (or left a party or squad) while there were still unread messages in the relevant tab, that tab would usually bug out and be permanently marked in red. The only way I ever found to fix it was to restart the whole client. As Red Queen describes, it wasn’t actually the tab that was broken, but rather the guild (or party or squad) chat – removing affected categories from a chat tab returned that tab to normal, but adding them back in or adding them to a new tab caused the perma-highlight to return.

I think I’ve also had the bug manifest in its current form, too – with the tab never getting highlighted to show activity in a certain channel – but I’m not 100% sure I’m remembering that correctly.

Posted by: Merathkira.7041

Merathkira.7041

Confirming that broken guild is slot #5 on my account.

ETA: Removed a guild from my list, repped the previously broken guild (now in slot #4), switched invis and back online, works perfectly.

(edited by Merathkira.7041)

Posted by: MorbidityPhoenix.1482

MorbidityPhoenix.1482

Not major, but the guild system is still randomly re-organizing listed guilds. They used to show up in order of creation/join, but since the Mar. 16th patch they seem to randomly reorganize themselves. This issue is absolutely minor, but still annoying.

Posted by: BananaMan.1803

BananaMan.1803

Recently joined a new guild, repped it but unable to see or message the guild. Repeatedly shows ‘’ I’m not in a guild’’. However, when I repped to my old guilds, I am able to message and see messages from other guild members via guild chat

Posted by: EzJester.7653

EzJester.7653

There’s another 4 pages of this issue over here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Guild-Chat-bugged-2/first

Posted by: AliceStar.2189

AliceStar.2189

I am adding in that the same thing happens to me with not being able to chat in guild chat. It is super frustrating.

Posted by: Tyldor.9078

Tyldor.9078

I recently made a new guild and me and my guildies are not able to use guild chat in it. We tried to go invisible and online again on the friendslist, a fix that worked before, but that didn’t work. We were able to use guild chat in already long established guilds though.

Grandmaster Tyldor
Leader of Business Class [BC]

Posted by: deane truelove.6351

deane truelove.6351

this is STILL going on. any eta for fix arenanet?

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

3 weeks now since my bug report and I have never felt so isolated in a MMO! FIX PLEASE. Its sad I cant see guild chat. The game feels so dam empty

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

I’ve had this issue ever since I joined another (my 5th) guild. :C It used to be that I could see all 4 guild chat but not the new one, but now I left one of the old 4 guilds and I can’t see chat of any of the guilds anymore.

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

I am now having this issue with one of my guilds. The old “quick fix” of going invisible and back online does not work after the patch that fixed this. I had to leave all of my guilds and rejoin them to get 2 of them working, now the third doesn’t work. I get these errors “You are not in a guild” “No one hears you” and of course I don’t get any guild chat while representing that guild. I have left it and rejoined it twice.

Posted by: hashmonkey.2501

hashmonkey.2501

Tried logging.

Running on Win7.

Same exact problem for me. Joined a guild recently and the same exact things have happened, tried everything I could think of to fix it.

Exactly the same problem for me :/ and just when i found the most awesome guild. I can’t even say hello :/

Posted by: Zorro.7196

Zorro.7196

I’m unable to see any guild chat, even though I have several tabs now with only guild chat ticked. I have tried relogging, uninstalling and reinstalling and leaving and rejoining the guild, all of which have been suggested in previous posts with similar issues however, I am still unable to see any chat. I am still able to type into chat and other guild members can see my messages but I can’t see any of theirs. My guild tab appears completely empty, no daily message or anything. Any suggestions as what to do next?

Posted by: Sotha.1283

Sotha.1283

Guild chat does not work since the morning.

Selene Dren

Posted by: Moderator

Please remember to check the date of a thread before posting. Commenting on an out of date thread and bumping it to the top of the forums is considered necroposting and is not allowed. Please find a more recent thread on the topic, or feel free to start your own. This thread is now locked. Thank you.