[January] Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Urthwyte.6875

Urthwyte.6875

Race: Charr
Sex: Male
Class: Elementalist
Gear: full CoF exotic level 80 gear except profane pants armor skin also with CoF staff
Problem: my neck is always all white, blue and green checkered, white mesh thing, or just completely not there. My Flame legion mask of the baelfire is usually just floating in front of where my neck should be. My neck has never disappeared or glitched out before this mask, and it does not change when going into different zones. Also I have tried it on a Mac and a pc and still the problem remains, it’s also on the startup screen, also it’s not just my computer, other people in game have noticed it. It’s quite annoying to play with and I hope it is corrected. Thanks!

Attachments:

Level 80 Elementalist and Guardian

Urthwyte.6875

For some reason my last post didn’t send my other pic.

Attachments:

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

For some reason my last post didn’t send my other pic.

why not use the print screen feature bud? that image is pretty bad.

blakkrskyrr.7413

There is a small seam in my midsection. Also, the nobleman’s boots from the light armor CM explorable clips through the feathered pants. I’m wearing the inquest vestments, feathered pants, nobleman’s boots, etc. For some reason it’s only when I put on the feathered pants. Even if I take everything else off the seam is still there. With the human cultural t3 it’s fine and no seam.

Attachments:

Posted by: Athauxan.2518

Athauxan.2518

I don’t know if someone has posted this in a previous thread or not.

There is a rigging/weighting issue on the shoulder pad for the Asuran Cultural Tier 2 Medium armor. one of the polygons on the edge of the “top” plate on the shoulder pad seems to be erroneously rigged to some other section of the body, causing the polygon to warp at various degrees depending on the current animation.

As far as I have found, the issue is isolated and doesn’t seem to be dependent on other worn gear, but just in case:

My character is:

Race: Asuran
Class: Engineer
Level: 80

currently worn gear are:

Head: Trooper’s Mark
Shoulder: Auxillary Powered Epaulets
Chest: Auxillary Powered Coat
Gloves: Auxillary Powered Gloves
Pants: Pirate Pants
Shoes: Pirate boots

(I’ve also sent a formal bug report ticket in-game on this issue)

Attachments:

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Moderators,

I think I should have posted here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/January-Issues-with-character-art-weapons-or-armor/first#post1204903

Instead of creating a new post. Can you please move it there?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Class: Norn Guardian, max size, equipment: Juggernaut, full set of heavy exotic flame citadel armor, colors Illumination and Celestial. The bug exists with all other tested colors too.

Graphic glitches with Juggernaut (legendary):

Screenshot 1: If you look through the orb part of the figurine on the other side of the orb is missing.
Screenshot 2: Metallic effects of the juggernaut add transparent holes into the heavy exotic flame citadel armor at the spots with fire.

Also suggestion to make the Juggernaut even better: Make the metallic effect also apply, when the weapon isnt drawed. I am using colors I like most with the metallic effect on, but its very annoying to keep having to draw the weapon for the effect.

Attachments:

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Another thing I noticed: After stealth ends, the metallic effect does not get reapplied until I switch weapons.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Kain.9127

Kain.9127

The boots change color whenever I exit water. It doesn’t match the boots skin though, its just a glitchy blotch of white that looks ridiculous. Should I write a support ticket as well or is just posting this with pictures good enough?

How it should be.

[IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h156/tigerarmy666/gw013_zps05d256ea.jpg[/IMG]

How it looks after exiting water. It changes back to normal if I switch the dyes on it. I’d rather not have to constantly fix my armour appearance though.

[IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h156/tigerarmy666/gw012_zpscc5ec0d1.jpg[/IMG]

Well the links work, but were sposed to be images. Anyone know how to paste images into a thread from photobucket? Please and thank you.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Posted by: Trey.8230

Trey.8230

I have a charr engi and a charr warrior, and they have the same body type. Shields equipped on my warrior always clip with the hand, while the same shield model has no problem on my charr engineer at all. Please fix this visual bug !

Attachments:

Trey.8230

the same shield on my warrior

Attachments:

Trey.8230

just to be clear, all shields on war have the same problem, and I haven’t seen any shield has problem on engineer.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I’ve no idea what’s going on here. In the Hero Panel, the blade is missing from my greatsword and it seems part of the panel itself is gone.

Sylvari, Male, Mesmer, level 10
Weapon: Avenger’s Longsword, level 8, acquired from personal story The Knight’s Duel.
Armour:
Fanged Dread Mask, starter armour.
Velvet Coat, level 5, from personal story A Good Work Spoiled (I think..)
Velvet Hose, level 7, probably also from personal story but I’m not sure which one.
Apprentice Gloves, level 10, from Xee at Kraitbane Haven.
Apprentice Boots, level 10, from Xee at Kraitbane Haven.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dwarfstar.4928

Dwarfstar.4928

Heavy Armor Skirts Ballooning on Norn Female
race: Norn
Sex: Female
Class: Guardian

There is an issue with some Heavy Armor skirts that balloon out from the Norn female model. I show two armor shirts on a Norn Female and how the skirts should look on a female Human for comparison. I really want the Seraph-Issue Greaves of Divinity style[norn_female_armor_bug4.jpg and human_fem_002.jpg] to work more than anything because I think it’s such a classic look.

Armors shown:
Strong Banded Legs
Rare Heavy Leg Armor
req lvl 80

Seraph-Issue Greaves of Divinity
Masterwork Heavy Leg Armor
req lvl 22

Thanks for such a great game!

Attachments:

“No, on second thought, let’s not go to Camelot. ’Tis a silly place.”

Urthwyte.6875

I have the same issue. My head is gone under the head armor, or the textures are wrong. When I hide and show the headgear again it seems solved until I leave the area.

Hiding and Unhiding helps for me a while then it bugs out

blakkrskyrr.7413

I’ve no idea what’s going on here. In the Hero Panel, the blade is missing from my greatsword and it seems part of the panel itself is gone.

Weapon: Avenger’s Longsword, level 8, acquired from personal story The Knight’s Duel.
Armour:
Velvet Hose, level 7, probably also from personal story but I’m not sure which one.

it seems to me, as having used the weapons that share that skin, that there is supposed to be a “blooming” effect like a flower coming from a stem. In this case the blade is a flower and the hilt is the stem or pod. Though I can’t remember correctly, but isn’t the blade protracted when it is unsheathed?

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Please fix Duelist Coat! (the one half of medium armor guys and the Thieves Guild wear).

Despite this being adressed many times on the global thread for textures (including the old one), it’s never fixed. I don’t know if it’s because of the amounts of posts it has never been readed by a dev or something, but for an armor that so many people wear (including the Thieves Guild NPCs), I think fixing the textures of that armor (which is an easy task, even I know the process and I’m just learning to use textures on 3d models) should be a priority given the popularity of the armor.

There are texture cuts (red lines that when you zoom out become giant lines) on the chest, back (this one only when zoomed out) and the long side-skirt on the male armor (at least for human and norn models, posibly with all male models and female models from charr and asura).

It’s an armor that you see a lot, and many players wear, and it’s a constant show of a fail, which isn’t great for a game so good as GW2.

Please fix this texture, it should take around half an hour to place them correctly so the cut isn’t seen ingame and I’m sure many people would apreciate it

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

Posted by: Karl L.8924

Karl L.8924

There is a bump on the right side of the robe of the Asuran cultural tier 3 light armor (Savant armor). I played around with the make over kit and it appears to happen to all male body types. It appears in a way to be rigged to the right hand. There is also some clipping with the right leg popping out from the bottom of the robe and this is most notable on the smallest male body type (second on the top row) and appears to disappear as the body types get bigger.

Attachments:

Posted by: Nevinyral.5386

Nevinyral.5386

The name of the helm is Honed Banded Helm of the Traveler. Whenever this helm is equipped and showing, the weapons end up under my feet. When it’s equipped and not showing, the weapons clip back onto the hips. Here’s a picture I took to show it. I had to jump in order for people to see or else they just hide under the floor.

Any fix on this?

Attachments:

Posted by: Mihrage.1532

Mihrage.1532

Female Asura talking here.

No screenshot right here but the issue is very simple, when i’m wearing my Twilight Arbor light pants it’s impossible to see or preview any one-handed weapon (unless I enter combat mode, but this cannot be applied to preview). They are hidden under the dress.

The real issue is : I have to take off my pants everytime I want to preview a one handed weapon. Kinda disturbing, I’m not the easy type guys.

Posted by: Bleak.5796

Bleak.5796

male sylvari, t3 heavy cultural armor gloves (the long branch)
i have seen it on other characters too and it looks really strange and i hope it’s not supposed to look like that…

first one picture how it looks like normally
then two pictures how the branch of the glove bends around how it wants, while moving

Attachments:

Posted by: Gerke.7695

Gerke.7695

Race: Sylvari
Sex: Male
Class: Thief

I am a Sylvari, i used a random human thief as example how the armor should be.

Armor

Chest: Duelist
Shoulders: Duelist

I bought them from the Black Trading Company

I hope this will be solved soon.

Greets,

Gerke

Attachments:

A gamer has no life, but have multiple lives.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

VERY ODD Issue!

Female Asura
Armor: Medium

Issue: Vigil Mask (Medium)

If I equip the medium Vigil Mask on my Asura Thief, my weapons misalign and they clip through my wrists! This makes the Vigil headpiece completely unusable without serious weapon issues!

Have a look at the screens themselves!

Attachments:

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

This is a screenshot of a female human elementalist underwater wearing the feathered armor.

(see the red circle)

Attachments:

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

blakkrskyrr.7413

This is a screenshot of a female human elementalist underwater wearing the feathered armor.

(see the red circle)

i have found this too. Not just with the feathered vestments also. I haven’t tried it out on a Norn but it seems that for the human females, the textures and meshes for the breasts look really weird and misshapen. I posted above about it and said that they look like cardboard cutouts.

Posted by: BOSSMAN.2647

BOSSMAN.2647

Another bug I noticed after buying Charrzooka (skin) rifle the muzzle flash is half way down the barrel and not at the end?

I’m using this on a human. I don’t know if this issue is on other races?

Please fix this Anet

(edited by BOSSMAN.2647)

Posted by: Lucav.9547

Lucav.9547

Race: Human
Class: Thief
Armor: Seraph-issue Leather Leggings from Sergeant Rane in Kessex Hills
Problem: There is a red line that goes up the backside of the pants, it is extremely noticeable and annoying. Thank you for looking!

Attachments:

Posted by: GfC.9175

GfC.9175

I’ve finally purchased Crucible of Eternity Light Leggings and I was a little disappointed that I could not change a section of the armor piece from the default tone. I found it to be odd that a large chunk of the armor can’t be colored. It’s the section on the back of the cape with the star on it. I think a bunch of folks would appreciate the change!

Thanks

Attachments:

Posted by: Grayson.2375

Grayson.2375

Fractal Shield – tooooo much clipping…

basically yr entire arms is inside the shield.. some part of yr face/head is gone… and also the entire backslot is gone…

I guess the attachment will help… maybe can adjust the coordinates of the shield away from the character abit…

Attachments:

Posted by: Arifialdy.1534

Arifialdy.1534

Fractal capacitor GONE when throwing axe on ranger, heres the pict :

Attachments:

Posted by: Gamma.2435

Gamma.2435

Male Charr Necromancer in Citadel of Flame cloth set

- something wrong on the neck
- showing pants while not wearing them
- Midnight fire is actually BROWN on most parts -.-

Attachments:

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Human Female Thief

There appears to be no graphic for the head piece for the Vigil Armor Set.

Armor Worn: Complete Vigil Cultural Set. (Vigil Mask, Vigil Coat, Vigil Shoulderpads, ect.), which I obtained from the Vigil Armor Vendor at the Vigil Citadel.

Hey there, it’s not that there’s no graphic for the helmet, the thing is that that particular hair style won’t let you see it!
Here’s the screen:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/2/22/Norn_Female_Vigil_Medium_Armor.jpg

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

- Armor clippin

- Human male – Warrior
- Full Crucible of Eternity heavy armor set
- Adquired on January, 16th

It’s not a huge clipping issue, but when I run it shows more and it only happens to the right leg.

Attachments:

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Posted by: Kisare of Cantha.2085

Kisare of Cantha.2085

Just a few weight problems I think. My weapons are not in the right place in my hand. I’m a male, Asura, Engineer.

Edit:
It does the same thing for my rifle. (it’s too far back and turned off to the right, so floating, not resting on my left hand)
(Sorry about the double pic)

Attachments:

(edited by Kisare of Cantha.2085)

Posted by: Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978

Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978

Icon and name of fine quality crafted Pillaging Leather Shoulders is incorrectly displayed as Pillaging Outlaw Shoulders on tooltip and hero panel. Level for item is correct. Not sure if this has been previously mentioned.

Attachments:

Posted by: Northcraft.2857

Northcraft.2857

Server : Crystal Desert
Character name : Northcraft
Race : Norn
Class : Warrior

Weapons : Corrupted Skeggox, Corrupted Cudgel and Corrupted Avenger.

Bug : Icy Glow dosent appear on corrupted cudgel and corrupted avenger when no sheated as opposed to corrupted skeggox which always glow. Heres the proof :

Attachments:

Posted by: Melanis.8309

Melanis.8309

another case with moving weapon in charr right hand when she is running. same type of bug as i posted with charr male, thief, dagger but there is charr female,necromancer,axe

Attachments:

Posted by: Fezzle.5972

Fezzle.5972

Hello, I played through several classes and races ( Asura mesmer, Charr Necromancer, Human Guardian ) but recently I just made a Human Thief.
I really like the class but I’m having some issues with the chest pieces.
Whenever i wear a coat-ish medium armor piece I can see my leg-armor piece through it occasionally, and changing leg-armor piece does not change this issue.
I also made a screen shot so you know what I mean.
Does this issue have something to do with the ‘body’ i chose ?

( English is not my first language, so excuse my writing faults )

Attachments:

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I posted this previously, but this picture is better. The gloves my char is wearing shouldn’t look like this. equipping the chest (Tier 2 Human) actually changes the gloves, puts that weird stripey part onto it, and leaves a gap between hand and wrist.

I noticed it was like this in beta pictures…..however I do not think it is meant to look like this….please fix it. I can’t stress enough there are few armors that I like on my mesmer, and this is one of them. I am getting tired of seeing things like this not being fixed, respectfully.

And I find it hard to believe so much effort is put into designing something, but then you don’t care that it looks a buggy mess.

My character: Human Female Mesmer
Armor: Human Tier 2 Chest, Light Armor
Issue: Gloves change appearance on equipping the above item, and there is a gap between hand and wrist.

Attachments:

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Posted by: killeraled.1950

killeraled.1950

there is a gap between the arm and the sheild on my norn (not just my norn other norns has same problem) :/ it is anoying, fix it please

Attachments:

i am a hunter you don’t see me, you just die

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

This is killing me, i can’t watch on this hole without pain, but i like Vigil armor..

Attachments:

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

- Human, Male Necro

I am the proud owner of the crossing staff and I have heard from guildies something strange. It seems like that lantern that animates fine for me (bobs off the chain depending on movement) is a static model for them. To be extra clear in movement the lantern sways with my movement…if i do a sudden stop and turn the opposite way the lantern whips and responds to physics. It kind of strikes me as strange that a animation model would animate differently depending on who is viewing it but maybe that is a processing/memory consumption tactic.
Posting this for two reasons, I had two guildies confirm that they are seeing a static model but is anyone else having this problem? Or is this a known issue? Its definitely one that an owner of The Crossing would never know unless someone told them so I can see how this would go unmentioned.

I’ll try and get a video later.

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

(edited by souless.1935)

Posted by: Lucav.9547

Lucav.9547

Race: Human
Class: Elementalist
Problem: The whispers light leggings from the whispers vendor has a noticeable line bisecting the human females torso.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

I want the weapons to be seperated from body during preview. Soem clothing hides the weps so preview is useless!

Xifix | Thief

blakkrskyrr.7413

I want the weapons to be seperated from body during preview. Soem clothing hides the weps so preview is useless!

then take off the clothing that hides it

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I bought Citadel of Flames armor(CoF) a while ago, and now i want to combine armor parts…
Please separate CoF medium armor shoulders from body … because even if you unequip shoulders .. they are still there, they are linked to body for no reason, do something about that bug !!! !!!

Posted same post at suggestion, i don’t know if shoulders are bind on purpose or not.
Ty

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Posted by: Frostinzo.3269

Frostinzo.3269

I have a problem: on my elementalist i’m wearing the conjurer’s pants, but when i leave the surface for have a submarine tour the upper parts of those pants change colour and they dont get back their normal apparence if i dont take down and re-wear it. Doing it every time is a bit annoing.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Armour:

The preview window has this issue too, the translucent parts of Verdant and Warden weapons (plus a few others, mostly Priory I believe) don’t show up there even if they work fine in the actual game. Weapon effects don’t show either (the laser blade parts of Glyphic weapons, for example)

Posted by: Ren.8754

Ren.8754

FRACTAL GREATSWORD

- List your Race, Sex and Class: Norn, Male, Warrior

- Be as descriptive as possible: Smoke particle effect comes out of the flat side of the blade in a linear pattern. It looks fine when swinging the weapon, but really awful while running (either in hand or on back) when the aspect of the weapon changes and the particle effect starts to shoot out the flat of the blade.

Personally I would rather delete that wierd misaligned particle effect and leave the smoke that is aligned with the edges and thereby looks great.

Attachments: