*Leader leaves, party removed from dungeon.*

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: mapy.3051

mapy.3051

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FIX THIS PROBLEM PLEASE! REMOVE AUTO-KICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, this is a common issue involving party dungeon runs. As of the patch in early October 2013.

There is a automated system that kicks every party member from their dungeon if the leader disbands from that current party.

There is one important reason why this bothers many others and myself. You can lose items on the floor that was not yet obtained.

Just today, my inventory became full after completing the CM dungeon, and I had items laying around on the floor. I was clearing out my inventory so the items on the floor could be picked up, but this never happened because my party leader actually left and everybody in the party was kicked out of the dungeon, because of this the items that were on the floor are now lost.

FIX THIS PROBLEM PLEASE! REMOVE AUTO-KICK!

I’m sure there are many of you out there who had this unfortunate mishap. I guess this could be a thread topic area you could post your misfortune. On that note, hopefully Arenanet can look into this problem and change how this part of the dungeon system works.

Please Fix

Posted by: Utomneian.9013

Utomneian.9013

i once spent an hour doing path 3 of HotW, and the party leader left after 1 wipe towards the end… yeah……. guess what happened to me and my friends? yeah….

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Why is this in the bugs forum? This is obviously a feature, not a bug. After all, how are you supposed to protect yourself from being kicked by a guild group towards the end of a dungeon without this?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Why is this in the bugs forum? This is obviously a feature, not a bug. After all, how are you supposed to protect yourself from being kicked by a guild group towards the end of a dungeon without this?

1) This argument would make sense ONLY if it applied to all party members, not just the one person who created the dungeon instance

2) People DC, so it’s a kitteny mechanism either way

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It’s a bugged feature then. How do you protect yourself against a party leader rush-leaving before everyone had a chance to pickup their loot?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

@ThiBash: Just say if u need to pick up something, I’m sure the leader will delay his departure ’till u are done.

Anyway, they won’t disable this feature, for 2 reasons:

1. Player just won’t complete story mode anymore, as u can find 1 host, join and then the host can freely leave when he wants.

2. Troll player would start to scam ppl that sells run in Arah, which maybe they even soloed, by kicking the leader and let guildmate/friends join the run for free. (and stop with “Oh he deserve it, stupid exploiter”, since that’s not an exploit at all, but actualy selling a service, just like teleport to the end of JPs with mesmer.)

Edit: Ah, also I think that if the leader dc, he can actualy rejoin the game with the char he used to open the istance, and nobody will be kicked, not sure though)

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

no this must stay
when i make party for ac p2 and kick 7 ppl who do not know what to do make us fail i must know i will not be kicked :P
one time noobs kick me AND BAM everyone out NICE

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FIX THIS PROBLEM PLEASE! REMOVE AUTO-KICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, this is a common issue involving party dungeon runs. As of the patch in early October 2013.

There is a automated system that kicks every party member from their dungeon if the leader disbands from that current party.

There is one important reason why this bothers many others and myself. You can lose items on the floor that was not yet obtained.

Just today, my inventory became full after completing the CM dungeon, and I had items laying around on the floor. I was clearing out my inventory so the items on the floor could be picked up, but this never happened because my party leader actually left and everybody in the party was kicked out of the dungeon, because of this the items that were on the floor are now lost.

FIX THIS PROBLEM PLEASE! REMOVE AUTO-KICK!

I’m sure there are many of you out there who had this unfortunate mishap. I guess this could be a thread topic area you could post your misfortune. On that note, hopefully Arenanet can look into this problem and change how this part of the dungeon system works.

Please Fix

I agree, its a big problem. When the person who stared the instance leaves, causing everyone to be kicked out, it becomes a big problem for a variety of reasons. Especially in the case of disconnections. I really hope they find a work around for this issue.

Posted by: Leonardo Darnassus.1635

Leonardo Darnassus.1635

Same happened to me today. Finish COF and open end chest. Find out my invents full. Try to breakdown some items to make room and b4 i can scoop loot leader leaves and party gets kicked. Lost 2 rares due to that…

Posted by: seekerking.2875

seekerking.2875

I think they should keep it as it is now.

My only issue is that if the party leader dc’s, and after 10 minutes gets autokicked, the whole instance and party gets booted out, losing all progress. This is brutal for people who slave in pugs for fractals and other long dungeon runs. It’s just that stuff happens; power failures, technical failures, emergencies, etc.

Posted by: tonph.4513

tonph.4513

I agree to this . Long time ago one person was trolling on us and he start the party and ofcourse he enter . That’s fotm btw lvl 28 our run is soo slow bcus of him it was about 3hrs after we got into final boss . Dredge is there also on our run.on dredge I can say his trolling bcus he just die fast and he didnt listen to our advice to him . And after that thanks god we pas dredge after we got in maw final boss he left and boom All GOT KCKED . And I was shock I can’t even imagin he can do that pls fix this

Dont chase warriors. (Blackgate).

Posted by: Seabrook.6531

Seabrook.6531

If Anet doesn’t change it at least give people 30 or 60 seconds to get our loot/chest. Happened to me several times in dungeons, boss dies and person quickly hits f and gets loot, leaves party in 1 second, kicks everyone out. Rest of party are 1-2 seconds away from chest.

Once party leader leaves, rest of the party members should stay in the instance for 30-60 seconds, after that kick the players out.