Legendary Collection; The Minstrel part I

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: nomilo.6893

nomilo.6893

Greetings! I recently started doing this said collection for the Minstrel and encoutered 2 bug with the first part, with that said the second bug isnt tied to this collection only, ill explain in abit.

First of all I need a recipe in plains of ashford from drottot, a chef recipe which is account bound, so is the food. so no workaround here. and the problem is the vendor that sells this recipe never unlocks; i tried waiting with the event, tried doing it. the NPC never unlocks as a merchant.

The second problem is more complex as I said this isnt tied to this collection since I dont know if the item drops or not because i cannot kill the assosiacted champion. The collection i need here is Swifty Scrambled Eggs, and the drop I need to process is Swift Egg. The mob (or champ) that drops this is Three-Toed Tootsie in Dry Top. And agian I dont know if it drops or not, it probaly does. But this champ is unkillable let me explain;

Three-Toed Tootsie is a Champ Moa in dry top, that tries to flee every now and then, prior to HoT it worked like this; apply one cc to interupt it. Since HoT came we got introduces to Break bars, first of all the bar is always blue here, which could make some think that you could stun regardless of it fleeing or not. However even tho the bar indicates you can break it you cannot prior to tootsie trying to flee. Which is not gamebreaking per say. I dont know if the fleeing is time based or % based on HP.
I tried killing it with roughly 10-15 man, and we could not burst it down so breaking the bar once the timer starts should be the way of killing it. (you get an timer under the champ event that says tootsie will flee in 5.4.3.2.1 for an example) in that given time frame i told all playes to use CC to break the bar. I applied CC as good as i could, I saw some incoming CC aswell from other players. But the bar did not get punished well enough. (I think the bar was at roughly 90%) So this indicates there is some scaling issues with this champ. at first i thought i was the only one breaking it, but after 5 tries or so the result was the same.

To wrap up three-toed tootsie, there may be a way of killing it (given the retreat of the champ isnt HP % based) but that would probaly require a full Dry top map, to burst it down before said mechanic happened, so it may be possible. but its a simple champ in a zone that not many even know are there, and is also not seeing so much play in dry top, as the map isnt relavant as much anymore. And i cannot gather the required 75 ppl (for an example) to bring down this champ, as there are no reasons to kill it outside of the minstrel precurser hunt.

I sincerly hope you rescale this, and fix the recipe bug from drottot in plains of ashford. so i can continue my legendary precurser hunt!

Im sorry for possible typos but I do hope you understand what im reporting

Have a nice day and im looking forward to a fix in the close future!

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Bump. I’ve encountered both of these bugs. Three-toed-tootsie is impossible right now, even with 10 people spamming CCs as soon as it starts casting

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

Posted by: firefliesinlove.1284

firefliesinlove.1284

Bump again!

I’ve tried Three Toed Tootsie a few times, and each time the break bar would only go down to about 90% before that speedy Moa would flee. I tried with a group of a few people, and again a couple of times with about 10-15 or so.

I have also not been able to purchase the recipe from Drottot. I’ve checked each day since I started the collection in the hopes that he’ll change his mind. He hasn’t yet!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Yeah…I tried to kill Three-Toed Tootsie today and even with just 5 people there the break bar is way too much. I don’t think it’s a scaling issue…but it was definitely an event that was overlooked when they added break bars and it needs some fine tuning. Either an easier to break break bar, or remove it completely so she works like she did before we had the break bars.

And I need that Drottot’s recipe too, but his event has been broken since the NPE. :/

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

Have you guys been able to harvest the Indigo Mushrooms? I’ve harvested over 200 mushroom patches and not a single one so far, with both the gathering booster and banner.

Wondrous Achiever \o/

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Have you guys been able to harvest the Indigo Mushrooms? I’ve harvested over 200 mushroom patches and not a single one so far, with both the gathering booster and banner.

I’ve not tried yet, but from what I’ve seen they’re VERY rare.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Bump. I’ve encountered both of these bugs. Three-toed-tootsie is impossible right now, even with 10 people spamming CCs as soon as it starts casting

Just tried it, and failed badly. Yeah the breakbar basically breaks the mechanics. Tootsie wasn’t designed around breakbars after all.

Posted by: Xytor.1267

Xytor.1267

Bumping. Has anything been fixed yet? Still can’t get recipe, unless they added it somewhere else…

Edit: PLEASE. FIX. THIS. I’m sorry for caps, but you guys have to understand that making this precursor was what got me back into the game after my Fallout falling-out (hah). The fact I just wasted hours of my time nearly completing the first collection only to learn that it’s still bugged is more than irritating.

(edited by Xytor.1267)

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Most of it has been fixed now. Three-toed Tootsie has been fixed for a few weeks, and the charr in Plains of Ashford was finally acting as a merchant when I tried earlier this week.

The only blocker left is the indigo mushrooms – a dev post on reddit confirmed that you must have Moot 3 active to get them: https://np.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vfeu3/letter_of_introduction_and_lets_talk_about/cxnakmv

Posted by: Xytor.1267

Xytor.1267

I was camped in Plains of Ashford for an hour+ and the event didn’t start, nor was he selling anything. I’ll check again and post results.

Edit: He is selling the recipe now. The event must have a very long timer or something, because I learned of the issue when I did a bunch of google searching after hours of waiting and no recipe. I think the timer is still worth looking into unless it is designed this way.

Hopefully the indigo mushrooms will get fixed, because I am not building the moot.

(edited by Xytor.1267)