Lifetime Survivor Achiement bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: babana.7521

babana.7521

Lifetime Survivor Achiement 8422 experience points bugs

1) Create a new character – Asura
2) play until level 6 – Check how much experience i have for the survivor title
3) found the experience points stopped progressing at 8422 (character 1)

Note : at this time i am still in Metrica province, i have not died

4) open hero panel
5) notice an armor is damaged – meaning i had died, but all this time I am very very sure i did not die.

6) decided to create another Survivor character.
7) got into game, play until level 2, check survivor title.
8) It is also stucked at 8422 points…. and this one just arrive into the game… 100% sure i had not died.
9) now she is level 5 the experience point for survivor title is still stucked at 8422 ….

Please fix the bug

thanks.

Edit:

Okay, i login to another of my character, a sylvari . his Survivor Achievement is also stucked at 8422 exp points … so i check my first character who had died a lot, his Survivor Achievement is also stucked at 8422 exp points, Out of curiosity, i created a fifth (5th) totally new character, i didn’t move him. his lifetime Survivor Achievement point is also 8422, and he also already achieved several other achievement like 50/100 events done and is a local hero….

which brings me to this question: Is lifetime achievements account base? or character base?

Summary
I don’t think your lifetime survivor achievement is working correctly at all. All 5 of my characters’ Lifetime Survivor Achievement is 8422 exp points and not moving forward, infact the entire Hero Achievement section are the same for all 5 of these characters.

(edited by babana.7521)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The achievement is working as designed with one exception: it stops progressing if you change maps or characters.

The title measures the most experience gained without dying, not since creation. You do not have to reach L30 without dying: you can go from L65 or even L80. Probably the easiest way is to have an L65+ character max one crafting discipline. The second fastest is a high-level toon in a dungeon. And third fastest is high-level toon during a series of dynamic events with lots of mobs.

After a death (or map change), you have to catch up your progress again. You can see how much XP gained by using the _ /deaths _ command. In order to update the achievement bar, you have to gain more XP without dying than you had earned prior to the last death. So using the OP’s example,

1. Start a new toon, level up until gaining 8,400 and die (or fall or leave the map).
  2. Now, the toon gains 500 more xp.
    • The toon’s total xp is 8,900.
    • The toon’s progress towards survivor is 500 xp.
    • The achievement is not updated.
  3. Continue on for a bit until reaching 19,000 xp.
    • The characters total XP is 19,000 XP
    • The progress towards survivor is now 10,100 XP
    • The achievement track will show 10,100 XP.
  4. The character dies again and then gains another 5,000 XP
    • The total XP is 24,000 XP.
    • The progress is 5,000 XP
    • The achievement track shows 10,100, because you have not exceeded the prior total.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: La Jam.8653

La Jam.8653

Thank you for the fast reply.
I deleted my former reply.
Why is the map/character change bug not yet fixed?
No, I can’t see my lately gained XP with the ’/deaths’ - command, only my death-count. It would be nice to see the XP.
I expect a survivor title since creation like in Guild Wars 1, if possible.

Posted by: Quaz.4931

Quaz.4931

This title was so prestigious in gw1, in gw2 its kinda a joke lol.

If what you described above is correct (ie changing map breaks the chain and you have to start over) then the ONLY way to do it is while crafting…

Must be REAL difficult to not die while crafting, pro title. All those high level threads and insignias causing massive crits O.O

Imo change title to “Dedicated Crafter” or something, as that more accurately affects the path to get the achievement.

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Is there any kind of reward or achievement for reaching lvl 80 without dying at all?

Posted by: remarkableriots.6534

remarkableriots.6534

Its been 3 months and they still haven’t fixed this? This is pathetic!

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

They did fix it as people are able to complete the achievement but as others have mentioned that changing maps resets the counter and that is a confirmed bug, since this isn’t a game breaking bug and you can still complete the achievement in 1-2 hrs its on the list of bugs to fix but is not given a priority as bugs that prevent progess in personal story or other game breaking issues are always given a priority over these items.

They also have limited resources and they cant work on everything at once, but they must try to determine which game breaking bugs require the least amount of changes to get them work.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Posted by: remarkableriots.6534

remarkableriots.6534

I agree Dedicated crafter is more fitting then lifetime survivor at least until they fix it in another year or 2.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

This title was so prestigious in gw1, in gw2 its kinda a joke lol.

If what you described above is correct (ie changing map breaks the chain and you have to start over) then the ONLY way to do it is while crafting…

Must be REAL difficult to not die while crafting, pro title. All those high level threads and insignias causing massive crits O.O

Imo change title to “Dedicated Crafter” or something, as that more accurately affects the path to get the achievement.

I managed to pull it off in Orr. XP boosters, did Gates of Arah over and over, and a lot of luck I think..
Glad I managed to pull it off without bugging because I really do not have the patience for that kind of crafting. I had tried it over and over at lower levels and I never managed to pull it off until Orr.

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Its been 3 months and they still haven’t fixed this? This is pathetic!

Took them 4 months to fix the spelling of “transmuation” (transmutation) stones in the gem store, which only required editing a couple of text files. Fixing this one requires actual coding, so don’t hold your breath.

- Al Zheimer

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Survivor in GW1 was originally an “iron man” achievement: you couldn’t ever die. Currently (and as of over a year ago), it works the same as in GW2: experience since last death (although you can rezone/logout/etc).

It’s still a significant accomplishment if you do it through foe deaths, albeit a lot easier than Iron Man.

BTW: it’s much easier to gain the title using L80 characters, because the XP gained per foe death is greater (one of the mechanics in the game that makes leveling from 70-80 take about the same time as leveling from 60-70). With an L55 character even, you can complete map exploration in an L50+ zone and get the title — maybe about 1-2 hrs for some people, longer for others. You can reduce that time by taking an L70 character into a higher level map.

Other good things to use: XP boosters, XP banners (from guild influence), and food (+10% xp/kill) and potions/stones (another +10%/kill). Those all speed up acquisition of this title.

Regarding how long it might take to fix this one: the last quote I saw suggested it isn’t a priority fix for them. Probably because the title is easily achieved even without the fix.

And I have to agree: the bigger problem is that there’s no clear explanation of the requirements, so a lot of people are confused by seeing the progress bar remain fixed. (I think there should be two bars: one for max and one for current.) Not being able to rezone/logout is annoying, but it’s easy enough to work around.

Posted by: Katlan.6301

Katlan.6301

I definitely think it should at least track between zoning into different maps, but at 80 its relatively simple and fast to get. Go to Cursed Shore and karma farm for an hour. You can do this solo or in a group. So long as you are careful and don’t get yourself killed, or switch maps, you should have the achievement in about an hour or less

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It turns out another developer now says it’s intended that rezoning/restarting the game reset survivor progress. The theory is that people would abuse it to avoid dying.

• Jason King said — "It’s a bug that it resets when you log out/zone/etc. (^-^;)"
  • Jeffrey Vaughan said — “Did you change maps at any point? That will reset your progress. (So players can’t abuse it by switching to another map when they’re about to die.)” and later “Yes, one sitting. (Again, to keep players from trying to cheat by disconnecting right before death.)”

But this doesn’t change the advice:

• You don’t have to avoid death since character creation, only since the last time you died.
  • It’s both faster & easier to obtain this on a higher level toon (L55+).
  • The safest way is to level via crafting (especially using a crafting booster).
  • The second fastest way is to pursue event chains, using a food and a potion/sharpening-stone + guild experience bonuses (there is a banner and a guild wide boon). It’s also easiest on Thursday night/Friday morning (when your WvW/Power-of-the-mists bonuses are strongest — that increases your opportunities for XP and increases your durability).
  • The second safest method is to level up via map exploration in cities and lowbie areas. (Again, you want to be higher level to do this.)

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I got the achievement finally. Luckily I checked it just before I was going to zone out of Lornar’s Pass after completing the mapping. Now that it is done I’m going to say that I still don’t like the fact that you have to complete it on one map with no zoning and no logging out. I understand why you are doing that, you don’t want people “cheating death” but I’m not crazy about how it was implemented. At the very least you need a way to show progress once it resets back to zero.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: iyumichan.6921

iyumichan.6921

a logout timer seems to be the best solution. I am fine with no traveling to another map but not with logging out. My connections sometimes resets effectively preventing me from ever getting this.