Lightning Pull / Season 2 Inaccessible to me

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

So, right at the start of the new map there are a few zephyrite skills dotted about. You need to simply pick them up and use the skills on some easily identifiable locations to proceed.

Trouble is, every time I use Lightning Pull (the ground targeting one) it overshoots way too far and I end up in the dirt. Once it worked and I landed where I was supposed to but then I fluffed the next jump and was back to square one. That was one time in twenty though, this new content that I looked forward to so much is already wearing thin…

I can see on my screen everyone else doing it and it working fine though. i target exactly where they land and it does not work. The same thing used to happen in zephr sanctum where it was meant to lock on to the crystal but it threw me way off into the distance and off the edge most of the time.

The only unusual thing about my setup is that I use satellite broadband.

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

I found a way I can do it, by going from where the waypoint is. It still overshoots, but it took me across to the other side once. The weird thing is sometimes the skill will only take you half way to the target area and sometimes it will take to double the distance you wanted. It’s really not a nice way to start season 2 tbh.

(edited by V Man.8512)

Posted by: nerdbunny.1492

nerdbunny.1492

I have the same problem and it’s extremely frustrating. I’ve already ragequit after 5 minutes in Dry Top because I can’t get anywhere. I think it’s extremely short sighted of Anet not to give us users with less capable computers a way to get around without the Aspect crystals. I’d rather get frustrated over a jumping puzzle than the lightning pull not going where I’m targeting.
Seriously, ANGER.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Yeh me too, it worked once at the 2nd try, then never worked again, in about 60 tries. I am also seeing other people having no problem with it, all I can think is, what are they doing that I’m not?? It’s my only irritation with the new content so far.

Posted by: LA GW.6753

LA GW.6753

This is a serious game-breaking problem, ANet. Fix this first stupid jump with a non-targeted objective so your customers who are supporting you can actually play your content.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I totally support you people, the lightning jump is very unreliable and the slightest lag (or older computer) makes it unusable.

In the mean time though, there is another way out of the starting area. Grab the wind jump skill and run to the right cliff edge instead of keeping to the left. With only one high jump, you can cross the cliff there and run into the general area. Grab the waypoint, done.

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

Alternatively to the other method of getting out of the starting area, you could also ask a Mesmer in map/guild chat if they could put a portal for you to get to the top of the cliff you need to jump up to access the bulk of the map. I’m pretty sure everything else in the map can be accessed without use of Lightning aspect.