Loot Drop Rate Bug

Loot Drop Rate Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

So Anet still pretending there’s nothing wrong about this issue? They are answering other threads based on what I saw in dev tracker, yet still not official response to this one.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Could someone please communicate with us?

Ignoring is the worst you can do.

This is a massive problem and for many players a game breaking issue.

Just have a look here where we described what happened to loot since the November patch: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/first

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Please fix this bug and temporarily increase drop rates so that we are recompensed for our unfun grinding these last 3 weeks before setting them to the exact rate they were before Lost Shores began.

Also please definitively tell us how much they were dropped by, how much they will be raised to and what the normal/old rate was so we can trust that you’re doing as you promise. “we aim to” “the goal is” “it should” won’t make us happy.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: norsalba.3914

norsalba.3914

Definately a big issue. It is the business model at fault. The economy (ways to make gold, i.e. loot drops) and currency exchange rate are being manipulated to bring in more $; it’s as simple that.

It’s the same reason why alot of the armor and skins are unattractive or can’t be viewed with preview on tp, etc. The buisness model is to find as many sublte or not so sublte ways to encourage players to buy gold.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Navi.7142

Are you thinking of buying gems? (not gold)

I would buy gems with my cash if there would be anything interesting and reasonable priced in the gem shop. (For example: special minipets (not random! and not to have a chance to get one if I buy keys…. another thing I would love to spend money would be costumes like they had in gw, I bought nearly every costume in gw, until now I did not buy a single one in GW2.. and so on)

I will definitely not buy any gems due to decreased loot.
I am not sure why anyone would do that?

If they don’t want me to play the game (which includes having fun and that includes getting appropriate rewards/ loot/ drops etc.), what am I supposed to do then?
-> No, I am not talking about leaving, but it is really a pain how the game experience changed since the November patch (and as a main mesmer again since the last patch).
It’s not fun. It’s not rewarding. (For me!)
I prefer pve, but do they want me to do fractals or a lot of dungeons again and again for appropriate loot? O.o

And staying more ontopic:
Loot in pve is as bad as every day since the November patch.
You can keep your porous bones or hooves. I want to see a rare again.. yeah the yellow ones.. not the greens which now should be named “rares”.

(edited by Navi.7142)

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

Still no answer from Anet?

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Is the loot drop rate working as indented or not?

thanks

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

For the first time since the first day of GW2’s head-start, I played a different game last night. The massive nerf to rare drops has sapped all desire to play GW2.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Sephirox.4071

Sephirox.4071

Its horrible, prices are sky rocketing on some instances.

Infinite Light = 1k Gold To make
Legendaries are 700G or Less even 400G if you are lucky.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Benji Bullock.5137

Benji Bullock.5137

LACK OF LOOT DROPS, AND BOSS CHESTS
I have been having and issue with the Boss chests not being there after the boss, (I prefer the Dragons) but only 1/5 times do i receive a Chest at the Completion. Also in the Dungeons, I do not get the Loot from the Bosses after they have been killed. I’ve become extremely frustrated in this matter and due to the fact it has been an ongoing incident, I’m becoming very agitated and am seriously considering abandoning the game all together. In addition, Is it just you guys pin point particular accounts on who receives better loot than others.. I’ve almost seem it pointless to go after any chest, boss, loot etc, due to the fact that every loot (if I do get any at all) is sadly pathetic and unusable to me, or the characters I have created. Please fix this issue.. It has become extremely disturbing. THANK YOU.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Well, I AM a reward/loot driven player and make no bones about it. Last night over the course of ~3 hours, in Cursed Shore I did the events up to Arah twice (First run failed) and did the Melandru events…totaling probably 6-8 champions, many veterans/normals and 2 area bosses…resulting in two big chests. Nothing better than a green, totaling probably less than 10s in loot. Don’t get me wrong, the grouping up was fun as were the events, but I can farm resources in low level areas for 30 minutes and make more than that…there’s something wrong here. Really…does anyone at level 80 running Cursed Shore wear white gear? Champions, ESPECIALLY unique bosses, should drop at least one rare with a good probability of getting an exotic. To get high level exotic gear or even rare…with rewards like currently exist (Since the November update) would takes months….and what’s with all the porous bones?…wholly flipping hell!!!

If you’re working toward a legendary…crack out the VISA because it’s the ONLY way you’re going to get the mats/gold you’re going to need, unless you grind 24/7 for the next 2 years.

I’m really starting to understand why people are resorting to bots…it’s becoming the only way to get anything good.

Whether the change was intentional or not, and I truly hope it wasn’t intentional, it looks incredibly bad on ArenaNet that they have not come out with any sort of official response yet. They are losing players because of this and that is HUGE. Run some of the big boss events in Orr and watch the frustration and comments people make about the drops they get?

I’m really considering moving on a new a game or limiting my champion/boss encounters to skill points for map completion only. Regular/world events involving champions/bosses currently just aren’t worth the time and effort. You could easily spend more on repairs/respawning to waypoints than you actually make on the event. Unfortunately, this really limits my desire to play the game. It took over an hour last night to put Melandru down, and we got lucky because it glitched, shortening the event…all for a meager two blue and a green item that weren’t even worth a silver each. You’re better off to hit-n-run events and take bronze rating.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Superdob.4150

Superdob.4150

Thread started almost 8 days ago….

If you can’t be bothered to reply, why should we bother to play and inform you when things are possibly wrong, lets see where that gets you eh

/sigh

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Leamas.5803

A much larger thread about the problem, posted above by Navi, is more than 2 weeks old.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

I wonder if there’s actually an actual ceiling to the Magic Find stat (like say 100%.) and going beyond this hypothetical value would cause the code to “wrap around” the effect. So if that is the case, if you have too high MF your loots would actually DECREASE in quality since the game recognizes the converted MF value (like for instance if you have 150% MF the game thinks you have -50% MF instead).

First and foremost, we’d like to have an official word on this, and how Magic Find actually works, since what everyone believes what MF does does not actually seem to be the case here. The many cases of players using 0% MF receiving better rewards than with 200%+ MF equipment/consumables/boosts come to mind here.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Well, got perhaps 20-30% MF but droprates are still holy crap.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

This need to be addressed very quickly.
Not getting anything outside FotM… it’s the ONLY place worth farming now.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’d have to agree with everyone about the drop rate. Also MF seems to be boinked.

How about we just go back to how things were before you fixed the Champion drops? I think we all would gladly settle for having the Champs not drop squat like they should if the overall drop rate returns to what it was.

I know way too many people in game and on the forums that this is affecting for this to just be ‘bad luck’.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I am a casual player but have noticed a large decline in the drops since the November patch. I happily run through the world just uncovering the map, doing hearts, events. Prior to mid-Nov event, I was “earning” sufficient silver to acquire what ever I wanted/needed for my character.

Have one to 80 and another at 78. Since the drop rates plummeted, I’ve stopped even trying to acquire what I want. I am trying to decide if I even WANT to play GW2 any longer.

Game is becoming no fun because the rewards that I used to get are no longer there. I cannot tell you how many Vets/Champion fights I’ve been in since the Nov patch, but rarely is there anything worthwhile dropping.

I think Anet really needs to at least let us know their stance on this.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Did Claw of Jormag today. There’s a champ that spawns. Didn’t drop anything. Fought 4 Veterean’s and a Champion outside Arah the champion was the eyeball thing. Not a single drop from any of them. Yes loot is bugged, something is bugged. Please respond Anet…

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Squally.4963

Squally.4963

I did a greneth run last night for about an hour and half. In that time, between all the events, I got 3 rares. Drop rate seems fine to me. Also, I was able to buy my level 20, 40, and 60 skill books no problem on my thief I just leveled. I had about a 1.5 gold when I bought the level 40 book and I had about 2.5g when I bought the level 60 book. As far as equipment goes, I have other level 80s who made blue/green and rare gear for my toon. I would improve their gear every 10 levels with a new set of blue/green/rare gear up until level 80 where I went all green gear and rare weapons.

Word of advice, don’t break down equipment you don’t use. I know some people like to break it down for the mats but I found plenty of mats to level both jewelcrafting and cooking on my thief. I sold all that gear and while it might not sell for a lot, it adds up when you’re leveling. Completing zones helps too, gold wise and gear wise.

(edited by Squally.4963)

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Leamas.5803

Did Claw of Jormag today. There’s a champ that spawns. Didn’t drop anything. Fought 4 Veterean’s and a Champion outside Arah the champion was the eyeball thing. Not a single drop from any of them. Yes loot is bugged, something is bugged. Please respond Anet…

It’s pretty par these days, on the EXTREMELY RARE occasion a champion drops something for me, it has never been better than a blue. I’m OK with diminishing returns if it functioning properly, but the first time you fight them, champs should always drop at least one rare with a high probability of an exotic.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

I did a greneth run last night for about an hour and half. In that time, between all the events, I got 3 rares. Drop rate seems fine to me.

Then you didn’t play there before november patch.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Leamas.5803

I did a greneth run last night for about an hour and half. In that time, between all the events, I got 3 rares. Drop rate seems fine to me.

I didn’t play Orr before the November patch and the drop rates are still appalling for me. After many many hours of play over the 3 areas I’ve had one exotic and perhaps 5 rares drop from mobs/veterans/champion/chests.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

It’s pretty par these days, on the EXTREMELY RARE occasion a champion drops something for me, it has never been better than a blue. I’m OK with diminishing returns if it functioning properly, but the first time you fight them, champs should always drop at least one rare with a high probability of an exotic.

This is what I thought also, I shouldn’t have hit DR because there was like a 2 hour gap in between the Jormag fight and then logging back in to do the Arah event.. I did notice a high amount of Porous Bones dropping from normal enemies like Jesters etc. But absolutely nothing from Vets or Champs I did get the XP though. There is a 13 page thread which I’m sure you’re aware of that still hasn’t been addressed by Anet. I’m seriously thinking this was intentional now..

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

Did Claw of Jormag today. There’s a champ that spawns. Didn’t drop anything.

Yup, I was there too (Sorrow’s Furnace server) earlier. And yes, we attacked the Vets and Champs, and none of the participants report receiving any loot better than blues.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: voidelysium.7285

voidelysium.7285

Ever since the lost shores update I have had terrible luck with loot in general PvE and WvW. Funnily enough, fractals do not receive Diminishing Returns and I have had some amazing drops from there, as the loot rate is just flat-out better in every way. (sometimes 2 or 3 rares in an hour along with an onyx lodestone)

So this isn’t just a perceived issue, there are pages upon pages of us and even people in the reddit AMA saying loot is wrong. Was this intentional? Maybe. Diminishing returns is probably borked or the loot tables have not been done right. Last time I got a rare from a dragon chest is 4 weeks ago..

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Agreed, I’ve noticed this.

I’ve started equipping travelers/explorer’s gear and signets.

I broke 25% magic find and am seeing some returns.. but it’s only the same amount I had before the 9/15 patch.

Dyes have gone absolutely through the roof.

Exotics jumped from 1.8g 9/14 to 8g today on the TP.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

I have the feeling the the boundaries at which magic find have an effect have been changed – I got a rare and exotic in 1 hours open world grawl farming today with full MF gear and a booster. REQUIRING a booster to get decent drops is just wrong…

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Navi.7142

As we do not have any clarification about the loot issue at the moment, it also could be that a booster is automatically connected to better loot/ drops. Who knows?

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Squally.4963

I did, just not that often because I wasn’t trying to grind out my legendary. My point is, people expect things to just be handed to them. Champs always dropping rares with a good chance for exotics? That’s a bit too much if you ask me.

I’d rather see an increase in the drop rate of T6 mats. I remember when powerful bloods were selling for like 13s on the AH. Not sure what they are exactly right now but I bet they’re hovering around a gold a piece.

They could always increase the drop rate of destroyer and molten loadstones out of SE and CoF

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I don’t even log in and play with my Lvl80 char, because the rewards for events and slaying champions is not worth the effort. In my opinion, there is something terribly wrong with the drop rates.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Blackwolfe.5649

They never said anything about champs and veterans always dropping rares. They said that loot from veterans was supposed to be improved and that champions should always drop something. Which clearly they dont. People are not just expecting to have everything handed to them. People are actually seeing an overall decrease in drops except for fotm. Dragon chests and other chests were supposed to drop better stuff, which they dont. As a matter of fact, dragon chest drops seem to be worse off.

There isnt a 14-15 long thread about this for no reason….

Game over

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Squally.4963

My “everything handed to them” comment was directed at those who want champs to ALWAYS drop rares with a good chance of dropping exotics.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Blackwolfe.5649

They should have a bigger chance of dropping rares/exotics than normal mobs though, would only be fair.

Game over

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Obly.9243

Obly.9243

Test run I did in Cursed Shore:

Round 1 of ALL EVENTS with full MF gear + Booster and BANNERS

2 Yellow…rest green’s, blue’s and junk

Round 2 ALL EVENTS without any MF gear, not even foods

4 Yellow, green’s and blue’s

So 1: No MF doesn;t work at all, never has for me.

2: Vets and champs hardly drop anything other then maybe a rare blue, normally porous bones or whatever.

And little off topic but related to events: Karma banner’s and Boosters DO NOT boost Karma rewards…euhm…isnt that also a bug? thought that was what they where supposed to do…..

wtf…skyham….all is vain

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Leamas.5803

My “everything handed to them” comment was directed at those who want champs to ALWAYS drop rares with a good chance of dropping exotics.

They should, as should boss fights such as dragons and Melandru, but I did qualify, that it should only happen on the first time you fight them…then DM should either permanently apply (To that event ONLY) or at least have a very long reset (Week+), when redoing the event under DM, rare/exotic still has chance to drop, but a “normal mob chance”. The rewards for the time and effort that goes in to a boss/champion are not proportionate.

These are bosses and champions…it stands to reason they have GOOD gear. I consider this “bug” nothing more than a dishonest cash grab.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Storm Before Dawn.8249

Storm Before Dawn.8249

And little off topic but related to events: Karma banner’s and Boosters DO NOT boost Karma rewards…euhm…isnt that also a bug? thought that was what they where supposed to do…..

You are wrong about karma, the upper right icon does not change, but the actual karma pop in the center of the screen and the actual increase both are adjusted.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Squally.4963

They should have a bigger chance of dropping rares/exotics than normal mobs though, would only be fair.

This I agree with

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

This bug is still ongoing. 3+ hours of cursed shore events and not a single yellow drop. With what equipment did drop in that time it was not even enough to get me 1G. Majority of drops were porous bones.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Navi.7142

More porous bones or hooves are really needed -.-

Yesterday I got 45 bags (with e.g. butter, chocolate, totems..) and 26 hooves.. and I went several times to the vendor to sell stuff, so it must have been way more bags and hooves.
A lot of junk and whites and blues, some greens, but no yellow(s).

That’s not very fun and not really rewarding, I feel like they don’t want me to play pve content. And I don’t want to feel forced to do dungeons or fractals to receive appropriate loot.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Leamas.5803

I think I’m done. I’ll still participate in “guild night” when I have time, but I’m moving to a new game. The reward in this game just isn’t there anymore. The only enjoyment left are the jumping puzzles and guild runs. I played this game, 250+ hours, because it was casual-solo-friendly and one could level a player solo and get decent gear without needing to group up and do group-specific areas such as dungeons and bosses. That’s just not the case anymore since decent gear is all but impossible to get without dropping money in the gem store. Even group area/events generally give garbage returns. I was going to work toward map completion, but with the loot system totally broken and no response from ANet on the topic, it just seems like a lot of work for nothing. When a game becomes “work”, it’s time to move on. The Steam Christmas sales are coming after all. I’ll probably continue to monitor the situation and perhaps return to the game if they ever fix it.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Zepour.4965

Zepour.4965

You are wrong about karma, the upper right icon does not change, but the actual karma pop in the center of the screen and the actual increase both are adjusted.

If this is true, it’s very misleading. I suggest devs to change the display so that the true amount of karma is always shown, not that notification A shows X karma gained (gains shown in the upper right corner) but notification B shows Y karma gained (text in the middle of the screen).

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

The sense of acheivment is being lost when there is little reward for making an effort at something. Over the weekend I did multiple events in Orr, enough to get one full map completion and took down multiple event bosses/champions, having to solo some. Not a single rare from drops. Most of the time champions gave nothing, vets often give nothing or junk.

The patch notes from last month contradict these results – either the patch was broken, there is a bug or the developers are deceiving the community by releasing misleading information (which is upsetting to think so). Hopefully the patch in the next week clears this up….

Edit (11/12/2012) – Lower level zones don’t seem to suffer from the same issues as Orr, atleast the drop rates for greens and mats seems as it used to be. Maybe risen are bugged? Going to investigate further over the next few days.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

(edited by Asuka Shikinami.5462)

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Leamas.5803

Still no reply or acknowledgement on the issue.

16 pages of discussion…and no reply…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/first

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: MrNobody.4357

MrNobody.4357

I’ve being doing DEs and champions all day yesterday in Cursed Shore and both priest of Grenth and Melandru’s chests and the Risen High Wizard’s one gave only blues and 1 green (run them all 2 times at least).
While i had multiple greens and 3-4 yellows dropping from common mobs.
While doing the champions i died multiple times and got little reward for the effort in comparison to just kill what was on my path going from A to B, so there is really no point and involvement for me in doing those events any more.

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Still no reply or acknowledgement on the issue.

16 pages of discussion…and no reply…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/first

16 pages with 773 replies and 24116 views…it looks like it is not enough to deserve an answer…:(
Anyway the referred thread was “only” started 19 days ago.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Leamas.5803

I’ve being doing DEs and champions all day yesterday in Cursed Shore and both priest of Grenth and Melandru’s chests and the Risen High Wizard’s one gave only blues and 1 green (run them all 2 times at least).
While i had multiple greens and 3-4 yellows dropping from common mobs.
While doing the champions i died multiple times and got little reward for the effort in comparison to just kill what was on my path going from A to B, so there is really no point and involvement for me in doing those events any more.

Also in the Cursed Shore, 3-4 yellows in a single session is unheard of for me. Lately, I’m lucky if I get a single yellow in a week of play, ALWAYS from a regular mob though. Same goes for greens, but boss chests will “sometimes” drop a green. Porous bones abound aplenty though. In the 3 weeks, or so, I’ve been playing Orr, the ONLY rare crafting material I’ve gotten was a Pile of Putrid Essence, of which I’ve gotten 2. I don’t know how people get loadstones…must grind-farm relentlessly for hours upon hours. Tier 6 mats (Basic/Fine) are very rarely dropped from mobs and are mostly acquired from moldy bags found when farming ore/wood/plants and salvage

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

778 posts over 24 k views HERE

95 posts and 3460 views here.

and STILL no answer. seriously? that many posts doesn’t warrant a “hi we’ve discovered the problem and will be fixing it soon” or the more likely “we screwed up (either in the business end or when trying to balance loot) and we’re sorry a fix will be soon” or even “expect a change Dec 14th” ?? Nothing at all huh….. smh

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Navi.7142

Sometimes it comes into my mind that a “we intentionally decreased loot to [insert a reason here]” would be also helpful for many players.
That way we can decide how to proceed e.g. leaving the game, adapting to the new situation or whatever…
But right now it is a lot of speculation WHY it is there and WHAT will WHEN be done..

Loot Drop Rate Bug

Navi.7142

According to that thread I’ve found another possible reason for the lootdropbugnerf:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Experience-nerf/first#post968248