Lunatic Inquisition bugged, I hope....

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mareth.8659

Mareth.8659

There are people in the during the Lunatic Inquisition, able to use they’re normal skill set; in this case I had a mesmer and a thief spamming their normal weapon skills and utilities on the other players. And I’m not referring to the few seconds before the game starts, it was half way the whole stuff.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Yep I got pwned by someone’s bear and by people using normal combat skills, loads of buffs and speed boosts… also when I was just about to finish someone, just as I pressed F a mesmer ran up behind me and put down a portal so I ended up portalling to somewhere else and they could get the finish. Not cool. I don’t even know how they were doing this?? I seemed to be the only one playing without their normal skillset

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

In 6 (I think) Inquisition games, in the last one I wasn’t transformed and was using my PvP skill set. Nothing I could do about it.

I doubt people do it on purpose.

Posted by: ducheznie.2867

ducheznie.2867

This kills the game. I’ve seen the same guardian not be transformed in back to back games. You can’t get away from them if they have any sort of ranged attacks.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Lunatic Inquisition also still has last year’s bug that half the matches don’t count towards “matches played”.

Greyhound.2058

Oh that’s interesting, last night I would swear I played about 6 or 7 rounds, but when I looked at the achiev it said I’d only played 4… I assumed I must have lost track or something, but maybe they didn’t all count.

I don’t think I can play any more until the combat skills bug is fixed, it’s unplayable when the courtiers run faster than the villagers and bring them down with ranged attacks (and bears lol)… in the end I managed to come 3rd twice by just hiding very very well

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Oh that’s interesting, last night I would swear I played about 6 or 7 rounds, but when I looked at the achiev it said I’d only played 4… I assumed I must have lost track or something, but maybe they didn’t all count.

I don’t think I can play any more until the combat skills bug is fixed, it’s unplayable when the courtiers run faster than the villagers and bring them down with ranged attacks (and bears lol)… in the end I managed to come 3rd twice by just hiding very very well

It’s the same bug as last year – apparently you have to die and get a kill as a ghost in order for it to count towards the achievement, i.e. if you win as a villager you get nada.

Edit: Bug report here; https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Lunatic-Inquisition-Regular-broken-2013-bug

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

Mareth.8659

Well actually if you spawn as an inquisitor but you are still able to use your usual skill set, once you fall from the starting area (dying in the process) you will be back as a regular inquisitor, what really sucks is people are simply taking advantage of it. Add that, nobody seems to know hot to play the whole hide-gather-cooperate thing, it’s getting frustrating…

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Toys and the Birthday blaster also work in there.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Anyone have screenshots? It might help them figure out what the problem is.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Mareth.8659

Anyone have screenshots? It might help them figure out what the problem is.

There’s not much to screen, one out of three games have players participating with their regular skill set; even worse it appears now they come organized in guild team… well GG

Posted by: Chaialyna.1023

Chaialyna.1023

Oh, this has happened to me twice now. I’ve spawned in the mini-game as an inquisitor but not in ghostly form which I found really confusing. I’m able to use my regular skills and everything. So far I’ve played it twice this year, and the achievement seems to recognize both times (says 2/8 games played).

I hope this gets fixed pronto. I’d actually like to play. Maybe I should try it on a different character perhaps?

Edit: Just tried on my necro. Same thing, spawned as an Inquisitor but not a ghost. Phooey.

Alts-R-Us ~ All professions at 80 ~ Still leveling characters.
Main? What “main”? I play all of them sooner or later.

(edited by Chaialyna.1023)

Posted by: signarokkaos.4035

signarokkaos.4035

Screenshot to show

Attachments:

Kelida

Posted by: AkioFallstar.5460

AkioFallstar.5460

I had this too. I thought it had something to do with my outfit.

It only seemed to happen when I spawned in the centre, where I would spawn as a villager with my full skill set and naturally had a distinct advantage over Courtiers.

Once I believe it happened because I was channelling my mantra as the game started (force of habit), so it might be possible to do it on purpose but that certainly wasn’t my intent and I doubt it’s the intent of most.

Also, I realise I only blacked out half the names in this. I also realise I am a pretty ballerina. With lightning.

Attachments:

Kaede Varr
Writer at Chronicles of Tyria
The Covenant of the Mourn [TEAR] and Powertrip [POW]

Posted by: GuildWarsChamp.5302

GuildWarsChamp.5302

Yup, this happened to me too. First time I went into the Lunatic Inquisition this year, I had some of my elementalist skills on my skillbar and knew this was a bug. Its happened a few times since. Really wish they fix this because players are taking advantage of it now and it really destroys the fun this game was last year.

Balthazar Almighty
Representing: [ZoS] Zealots of Shiverpeak -Main guild on NSP
Leader of [TZ] Raiders of the Lost Temples -Temple Zerg

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Can people post the statistics portion of the results (or black out player names) for rounds where they don’t get credit?

Also include other info such as how much time was left when you entered the round/map. Were you the last villager to die? You know, questions like that.

Maybe we can then figure out what the consistency is and aee if Anet can get it fixed.

Mareth.8659

Great work on that particular bug, now please totally remove the minigame since people just keep going dying mid to farm 5 achievement point.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Can people post the statistics portion of the results (or black out player names) for rounds where they don’t get credit?

Also include other info such as how much time was left when you entered the round/map. Were you the last villager to die? You know, questions like that.

Maybe we can then figure out what the consistency is and aee if Anet can get it fixed.

It has already largely been figured out.

This much I know:

You qualify for achievement progression if you have “interacted with the enemy”.

You do NOT qualify for achievement progression if you haven’t interacted with the enemy.

Counts for achievement progression:

• Ghost kills villager (“one of us”)

Does not count for achievement progression:

• Villager scores points for “surviving”
  • Villager scores points for “narrow escape”
  • Villager damages (but does not kill) ghost with the hammer
  • Last villager wins the game
  • “Hide in the shadows”
  • Ghost damages (but does not kill) villager

Irrelevant:

• Whether you played the game from the beginning or joined late

Don’t know if relevant: (haven’t gotten around to testing it yet, feel free to do so yourself)

• Villager kills ghost with hammer/rifle/chainsaw (I assume it counts)
  • Ghost successfully performs “Mad King Says”
  • Villager uses item on ghost (torch, spiderweb, goo)
  • Any other “interactions” I can’t think of right now

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

This was happening last year. I uh, personally accidentally ended up in this situation, hence why I recall.

I ? Karkas.

Greyhound.2058

I was SO happy to see the notes for the patch last night (although it made me wahhh a bit when it popped, we were all waiting for karka queen at the time lol…’It’s fine. It’s totally fine. Just nobody leave the map’ lol).

I’ll give it a try tonight and report back, so glad they fixed it tho. We reported and they listened