MAJOR BUG! All 400 lvl crafting reset to ZERO

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bunny.6185

Bunny.6185

Hello,

I wish to report a MAJOR BUG in the last patch update.

Up until today, my character had level 400 reached in every single crafting profession. In addition to that I had bought and unlocked many MANY exotic recipes, including the rare Celestial recipes.

As from today, my Tailoring, Artificing and Weaponsmithing have all been reset to ZERO!! I still have the Master Crafter achievement, but you’ve reset all these crafts to zero and wiped all my progress completely!

Not only do you need to put back my progress (and no doubt countless other players) but you need to restore the unlocked recipes! Some of it cost me a lot of gold to buy, especially the Celestial recipes, and I shouldn’t have to pay for all of that again!

Please fix this and FAST!

/angrybunny

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I know exotic recipes were reset last patch, didn’t think it affected recipes mind you.

Best thing to do is, post a bug report complete with a screenshot of your reset crafting level to zero. It’ll likely reach them quicker.

Bunny.6185

I reported this via support and their response to me was that was ‘as intended’.

So basically, they don’t care. They reset all my hard earned progress in 3 entire crafts to zero and they think that’s totally fine…it’s utterly ridiculous. The patch does NOT say that crafts levelled to L400 will be reset to zero! I lost all the recipes I bought with gold, including my Legendary components. Each of those recipes are 10g each and I had more than one unlocked! I also spent the time buying every single Celestial recipe.

I honestly can’t believe the response to my support ticket. Do support not even understand their own patch notes? There is NO WAY this was as intended.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Someone else mentioned they were reset to zero as well.

No response or fix was given in their thread.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hey bunny, I understand you are angry.
It has been 13 days since the start of the new crafting levels. Since then only one report was made by another player that the same thing happened (or others have slipped my attention, but I honestly spend too much time here allready).

So I doubt it will have happened to countless others. This doesn’t mean it should be an issue that has to be ignored.

I would advise you to handle this as an individual case and continue the path through support. As I understand you made a ticket and you got a response that is prolly made by a support agent not fully understanding your question. So I would advise you to update that ticket with clarifications. It is also possible to add screenshots to it, show them both the achievement and the discipline.

If you allready done this without success or if you get the same negative respons I would suggest to post the ticketnumber in the account issues section of the forum with a request for a review by an arenanet official.

So basicly, give support another change to fix this, they might have misunderstood you and able to learn. if unsuccesfull ask for an appeal.

Keep us posted off course

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Interesting. Could be a bug or could be them handling folks who abused the “craft to 80 quickly” exploit or the other one. If it’s a bug though, I’m sure support will do what they can, unfortunately not always to our expectations.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

i don’t know about the recipes, per se, but their “as intended” is as follows:

in order to assist people in going from 400 to 500, they reset previously-made discoveries, so that people can re-discover these recipes, thus earning experience for their crafting.

Bunny.6185

Yeah previously made discoveries was the only thing supposed to be reset. Not deleting your entire crafting progress lol. I’ve gone back to support again on it, but kinda not holding my breath.

What’s funny is : my account still has the achievement unlocked called “Master Crafter” even though the character who unlocked the achievement has had several crafts reset. Lol go figure. At this point it looks like I have an impossible achievement, because of the bug.