[March] Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

Armor/clothing art issues
Asura Male Tier 3 light

Issue: The right shoulder stretches and clip in horrible ways. Plus, I’m unable to hide them even though I don’t have the right piece. In other words:
- The shoulders are attached to the coat instead of being an individual piece of armor (so, unable to hide them)
- The right shoulders stretches to the elbow and forearm
- Being technical: some vertexes are assigned to the wrong bones
- The left shoulders is perfect

What I would like:
- Being able to hide/unhide shoulders
- If you can’t, just correcting the issues would be a good beginning.

Note: I’m sure this has been reported already though, but still: I paid ~130 gold for this piece of armor. I can live with having a part of my legs going through the coat sometime, but a bad skinning is a bad skinning. It’s a really different thing. It’s been like that since launch. It’s not urgent I agree, but it’s a little bit disappointing to see that you take the time to add legs and a tail nobody asked for on an air elemental YET this kind of issues is still present. :-/

Attachments:

(edited by NickChabby.8907)

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Race: Human
Class: Mesmer
Weapons disappear into leg gear, doesn’t matter what leggings unless it’s completely plain like a normal pear of “jeans”. Doesn’t matter what class, weapons sink into the leggings of anything robe like.

Again I have a solution, please forward this suggestion: Allow us to adjust our weapons(left & right are separate) so we can fix our own problems.

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: Ninya.3942

Ninya.3942

Buggy asura tier 3 head pieces!

First is before, 2nd is after!

Attachments:

Elementalist Class Lead
Rethesis [RE] – Tarnished Coast
http://rethesis.com/

Posted by: TToTT.3695

TToTT.3695

So I just bought the new town cloth that came out today, the leather hoodie, riding gloves, riding pants, riding boots, and I also bought aviator sunglasses. But the sunglasses doesn’t display on the hero panel nor does it display in game, i tried toggle helm hide/show doesn’t help, I’ve changed the aviator sunglasses to my old one which was Wizard’s Hat and that doesn’t show either.

Human, female, elementalist.

But I love the new town cloth!

Attachments:

Posted by: Lazywanderer.8120

Lazywanderer.8120

Class: Guardian
The middle of this greatsword is in effect while in preview.
But when i equip it the middle of this greatsword is NOT in effect,
even though it is in combact.

Attachments:

Posted by: Taku.9351

Taku.9351

NORN

T3 Norn Cultural Light Armor, PANTS (Lupine Leggings)

PISTOL becomes hidden by the pants in combat, making me very sad when I can’t show off my awesome pistol.

(Yes, I am holding pistol there)

P.S. the pointy thing on my chest kind of looks like.. yanno. I wish someone can remove it —T3 norn chest

Attachments:

(edited by Taku.9351)

Posted by: Fever.9830

Fever.9830

So, I finally crafted it (Vision of the Mists) for my mesmer, and it looks extremely broken (like I’m holding two swords at once). I’ve seen a few screenshots of the sword, and it looks that way on each and every one of them. This is clearly a bug, so I was wondering why it isn’t fixed yet.

(edited by Fever.9830)

Posted by: afoot.6932

afoot.6932

Male asura Heritage medium armor shoulders, chest, and gloves (obtained from Hall of Monuments)
Character name: Fritz Afoute
Issue: clipping

The heritage chest piece clips significantly with the heritage shoulders, and also in a few places with the heritage gloves, even while the character is just standing in place. Armor pieces of the same set should not clip with each other. The issue may have to do with my character being max height.

Thanks!

Attachments:

Posted by: spamcow.5347

spamcow.5347

Race: Asura
Class: Elementalist

Clothing/art issue

So apparently at level 80, the Asura tier 3 cultural armor Savant Chest piece has the shoulder armor attached to it visually. This ‘extra’ piece completely covers my Dungeon reward armor Furnace Reward Pauldrons from Sorrow’s Embrace. However, when i take off the chest piece the shoulder piece is there. Please remove the shoulder clipping from the chest piece so I can look like a boss. Thanks so much! Attached is what i am wearing at the moment and how it looks like when i take off the chest piece.

Attachments:

Posted by: FanaticWarren.7452

FanaticWarren.7452

There’s a scaling issue with the Orr karma gear between the Top and the legs and boots.
When norn female’s wear the set, they looks normal, but on human females it makes them look too big.

My character is Human, female, warrior.
It’s the level 80 exotic gear you get from the orr temples.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Race : Norn
There is “blinking” clipping issue with barbaric armor torso. This issue is hardly visible in the picture but it is much more clearer in game, it can drives me nuts. I’m using the most muscular body available for my norn.

Also the back of the arm part clips quite a lot, this is still the same barbaric armor torso.

Pit fighter gloves clip a lot when drawing two handed weapon like greatsword.

Gladiator gloves clips with the wrist when drawing two handed weapon as well.

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

(edited by Sentinel VX.1392)

Posted by: Fever.9830

Fever.9830

The Vision of the Mists that I just crafted is bugged. It shows two swords overlapping.

Race; Norn
Class; Mesmer

Attachments:

Posted by: izze.3284

izze.3284

Race: Norn
Class: Warrior

I recently bought the Hammer “The Briny Deep”, because i loved the anker skin. But when i equiped the hammer it was a huge disappointment because the hammer is not hold correctly/ missing something for the 2nd hand to hold.
Pictures says more than words, take a look and remember it’s a 2-Handed-Weapon

Attachments:

[SWAG]Izze
Frostfang, Howler, 2x Sunrise, Predator, Kamohoali’ Kotaki

Posted by: HAWTERTHAN.7523

HAWTERTHAN.7523

Max height, weight asura warrior.

Bought [Dredge Breastplate of the Forge]. There’s one little spike that seems stuck there. It’s a little bit annoying.

Attachments:

Hawter

(edited by HAWTERTHAN.7523)

Posted by: MaxAmbush.7436

MaxAmbush.7436

Hi, there’s an issue with my engineer female charrs eyes that only came up recently and has stuck.. Is this a bug?? I recently got a better graphics card and set the graphic to max but I don’t see how this could be causing this problem.. Her pupils which were made relatively small are now placed too far up so that it appears that she either has no pupils or is constantly looking upwards under her eyelids. I love my charr.. Can anyone suggest a fix to this problem? Is it just me?

Ps. Other players can see my charr like this as well

Attachments:

(edited by MaxAmbush.7436)

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

-character model issue

-sylvari, female

whenever i jump from a considerable height, my sylvari’s hair does that. it looks really, REALLY bad, and i’d love it if you could fix it.

on a side note, the hair that “frames” her face on this hairstyle occasionally clips through her face when walking forward.

added a second picture to illustrate the hair style when not looking completely horrendous.

Attachments:

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Gundam Zephyr.6713

Gundam Zephyr.6713

I just bought the hoodie town clothes and noticed that it clips through my asura town pants. Pretty badly, I might add. It clips in the front and back (See screenshots). Here’s hoping this can be fixed so I don’t have to regret spending 200 gems on what is otherwise a really neat item.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I would like to summarize all the character art/clipping issues that have been added to the Asuran T3 Light Culutural Armor with the patch 2 weeks ago. There are many threads about it spread all over the last month’s character art thread and also the Asuran subforum, so I hope to make debugging easier by putting it all together:

Class: Elementalist

Summary:
The clipping-free female armor model seems to have been replaced by the male one, in order to add shoulder pieces. This armor model suffers from major clipping issues (see also attached files).

_______________Issues in detail:________________

Clipping:

- Feet are clipping through skirt in nearly all stances, especially when wielding 2-handed weapons (see before_after1.jpg)

- Skirt (“triangle” part of the skirt) clipping through underskirt when standing still (see before_after2.jpg)

- Upper arm clipping through shoulder piece (see general_clipping_issues.jpg)

Stretching (see general_clipping_issues.jpg):

- New shoulder piece is “glued” to the breast piece and upper arm and therefore stretches in a very strange way. Apart from that, you can’t turn off the visibility of the shoulder piece

- Bags on the belt now behave like rubber and stretch and “jump” with every movement. Those were static in the female version and looked great that way…

- It seems like the back pieces are somehow attached to the new shoulder piece. When moving backwards and then stopping immediately, the backpiece seems to fall backwards and then snaps back (like attached to a rubber band) to the character’s back. This only seems to be happening when wielding one-handed weapons in any combination (e.g. daggers) – unfortunately I have no screen of this, but a link to a post mentioning this issue: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/March-Issues-with-character-art-weapons-or-armor/first#post1593726

Huge Ear Flaps:

Well this is now a matter of taste. I could live with this change, but I would also prefer the old version of the ear flaps.

Suggestion:

It seems like the male armor had these issues since launch, while the female armor was clipping-free until you patched it 2 weeks ago…
Would it be possible to rollback to the female armor skin and also give this to the male Asura, and then based on this skin add the shoulder pieces to both, male and female?

Attachments:

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Posted by: Arifialdy.1534

Arifialdy.1534

Sex : Female

Issue : norn female hair model which is im using is piercing through the armor, looks very annoying, work on every armor, im showing using CM armor, COE shoulder

here is the screen shot

Attachments:

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

Hi, there’s an issue with my engineer female charrs eyes that only came up recently and has stuck.. Is it just me?

No it’s not just you!
My engineer has, incredibly, evolved third eyelids. perhaps as a result of all the noxious chemicals she sprays about. survival of the fittest perhaps? at least it means me and you will still be running around when all the other engineers go blind :p

Norn
Female
Engineer

this happens, when:
firing a rifle
using elixir gun/flamethrower
in her ready for action animation of holding the gun up and looking around.

in the last situation ^ not only does she get 3rd eyelids, but her entire left eye socket jerks downwards and then back up.

it does NOT happen with the elixir/FT skills where she holds the gun up high: elixir F, flame blast, air blast.

1st screen shot is of her normal eyes.
2nd is the extra eyelids, with socket in the normal place
3rd is with the socket having jumped downwards
4th is…well i don’t think it needs an explanation

Attachments:

(edited by ekkue.3754)

Posted by: Zeb Cannon.2735

Zeb Cannon.2735

I just recently bought the AC shield, and noticed a clipping issue with my character’s arm. It kindof confused me because i checked the forums for info about it, and found this thread. But the weird part was that, not even 2 weeks ago, i had a full set of rares (including weapons) and shields did not clip with my arm. Now, every shield i try, clips with my arm.

Male Charr Guardian (medium sized)

Attachments:

Wrathflow – 80 Guardian [EG]
Terrorflow – 80 Warrior [EG]
Alserin – 80 Engineer [EG]

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

Sylvari male, medium class.

I bought the new hoodie from the store (the basic, “leather” one) yesterday and noticed that the bioluminescence on my arms and neck disappears when I wear it. Shown below.

Attachments:

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Kirba.7130

Kirba.7130

Hi. I noticed this bug since i started playing but never got to report it so I am going to do that now.

As you might be already aware of, there is an animation bug when using the mesmer’s blink skill. If the player keeps “w” pressed to move forward, and doesn’t release it during and after the skill is executed, the character takes the standing (while in combat) pose and keeps moving forward (always while “w” is pressed). Once the key is released the character animation recovers. It looks like the character is gliding through the field.

I discovered this bug on my Assura mesmer. I don’t know if this happens to all the mesmers.

Posted by: kwalle.3674

kwalle.3674

Texture/dye Amor problem

There is some red dye remaining on the chest armor piece even if it is not dye’d red

Race: Charr
Sex: Male

Bought the exotic rabid chestpiece from Caucadus Manor and went to the HoM to transmute it with the heritage one.
After transmuting a part of the chestpiece armor still remained in a certain red color, and when trying to dye it in other colors, none of the 4 dye zones color the remaining red one’s.

Attachments:

Sword of Justice [SoJ]
Gunners Hold

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Weapon : Ganadriva

The string is not even attached on the main body of the longbow itself, it’s “hovering” between each ends.

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Posted by: summourn.4982

summourn.4982

Two separate issues here, but putting them into one post. Both are in regards to female Asura.

The first is that when my (minimum height, maximum head sized) female Asura starts running (usually this happens only right after I zone into somewhere new), her head seems to suck into her body and her running animation becomes abnormal. (See picture #1)

The second issue is with female Asura models. This issue did not apply in beta, but has been around since live launch, but (and I apologize for this) I haven’t gotten around to reporting it until now. On the bottom left face choice, her left ear (her right, our left) is incorrectly positioned (on any set of ears chosen) to point behind her instead of straight out like the other ear. (See picture #2).

Also, the top left/first face choice has a similar issue, only it’s a bit more subtle. Her right ear (her left, our right) is always a bit higher than the other ear , giving an asymmetrical appearance. (See picture #3).

All of the other faces seem to have normally aligned ears.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zinkos.7328

Zinkos.7328

Human, Male, Ranger

Right shoulder armor is clipping into the middle of right arm while wielding my bow and great sword. Also clips during the little animation after standing still for a period of time. Doesn’t clip while standing normal. My armor is the Dualist armor set. There is also a red line going down the middle and left side of the armor almost like its where the seam is.

Armor : Dualist Set
Weapons: Mystic Crescent/Vigil GreatSword

Attachments:

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

Female, Sylvari, Elementalist

Items in question: exotic acolyte pants, also the exotic acolyte mask. (they use the same skins as the named light armor pieces.)

Issue’s:

The pants clip through my right leg when idle, and my left leg when in combat idle (weapons drawn). This happens with any and all boots I’ve tried aswell as having nothing equipped in the boots slot at all. The combat idle clipping happens with both 1 handed and 2 handed weapons equipped.

The mask in question, isn’t positioned correctly, that being that it doesn’t sit somewhat evenly with my face and rather sits about 3 inches in front of it. This also happens with a few other masks.

Attachments:

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

Posted by: Cameo.4073

Cameo.4073

Charr female thief, unsure of body model medium I think

Using high level duelist chestpiece and sylvari cultural dagger and pistol, tier 3. I have tried other guns and daggers and all have the same issue with clipping. All of the side carried weapons clip through the chestpiece because the bottom part of it flares as if it is a larger framed individual wearing it. If the flare was decreased, I think the weapon clipping would be less as the chestpiece would lay closer to the body frame along the hips and leg.

I changed my colors to make the gaps more obvious. This is one of the few leather sets that look good on female charr. Please let me know if you need other angles.

Thanks

Attachments:

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

Race : Sylvari
Body : Bottom Row Farthest Right
Armor : Complete barbaric set.

When wearing the barbaric legs with the boots from the same set, the texture from the leggings clips through the boots.

Attachments:

FrostyBou.5491

Race: Sylvari
Body : First Row, last body.
Armor: Acolyte set

On the left shoulder when you are looking at the armor from the back is a weird patch. It dyes with the armor so it’s not something clipping, but it doesn’t match the rest of the strap. It’s just a solid area of color

Attachments:

FrostyBou.5491

Armor : Swindler medium armor set

The shoulders look right on sylvari and humans, they actually angle down on the shoulders, but on norn they kind of hover…

Attachments:

(edited by FrostyBou.5491)

Posted by: Dvalin.7825

Dvalin.7825

Armor: Inquest Gloves

The gloves aren’t animated to deal with characters making fists or gripping weapons. The knuckles clip right through the hand portion of the glove.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sargatanas.5139

Sargatanas.5139

Armor art issue: Heritage armor set(chest piece being problematic)

Since the patches on the 26-th February my Heritage armor chest piece doesn’t color properly on my character. Here’s a picture of the armor I’ve intentionally colored each part in different colors (different from red) and yet there it is. The armor could be properly dyed the day I got it and transmuted it. But since the patch that’s not the case anymore.

Attachments:

For we are many, for we are legion.

Posted by: IsmertIdegen.2401

IsmertIdegen.2401

Sex: Female
Class: Guardian
Armor piece causing the issue: Pit Fighter coat/Leika’s breastplate

Two of my characters are wearing these two chest armors, each of them has its looks transmuted to another armor.
When it is worn, and the character has her weapons unsheathed, the weapons are misplaced and are clipping through her wrists. I tried unequipping other pieces of armor, but only by removing the chestplate was it gone, and it returned when I re-equipped.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mina.1784

Mina.1784

Race : Sylvari
Issue : Any kind of coat that goes past the ankles has clipping issues when running; the heel of my characters book goes through the coats.

At a guess I’d say about 90% of the chest pieces for medium armour are some form of coat so there’s little ways to avoid this annoying clipping issue.

If anything could be done it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Zinkos.7328

Zinkos.7328

Human, Male, Elementalist

Item with issue: Sorcerer’s Masque (Tier 3 cultural human light armor)

The armor is off center slightly of where it should be, it was also this way in preview but i thought maybe it was just the preview.

Attachments:

Posted by: Insignia.6345

Insignia.6345

Im sure this has been posted before but if not here it is. I did skim this thread and didn’t see it.

Race: Any
Class: Necro
Item: Final Rest

Its the most necro-est staff however the scythe animation is way off when you attack. Almost halfway down the staff.

Attachments:

Asuranaut Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Cercetas.5823

Cercetas.5823

Item: Every Mainhand Weapon (Sword, Axe, Mace)

This issue appears when running with a drawn weapon, it looks like his mainhand weapon is falling out of hand. (mainhand only)
After running the mainhandweapon pushes itself maybe 20-30cm more in front.

Posted by: Archtype Luna.1908

Archtype Luna.1908

Sylvari Female Thief
Level 40

For some reason the pirate coat seems to clip with my character’s chest.

The only item in question is the Pirate Coat, I took the others off to see if they changed anything and it doesn’t seem like they did. They are all part of the pirate set.

Attachments:

Posted by: Roo.2037

Roo.2037

Glitched-out neck

Class: Ranger

My character has a nasty, blocky hole in his neck, especially visible when he is holding a weapon of any kind. Loading different locations, changing gear and restarting the game doesn’t help. I’m pretty sure the hole wasn’t there when I made this character, as it is well visible from the side. I think it appeared after I completed one of the story missions.

Attachments:

(edited by Roo.2037)

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

The Vision of the Mists that I just crafted is bugged. It shows two swords overlapping.

Race; Norn
Class; Mesmer

This was fixed in February patch, then broken again a few hours later after they re-patched. I wonder if they completely forgot about it, or are going to fix it for March patch.

Also, Foefire’s Essence still has the broken chain that got fixed in the February patch.

All I want is for them to move the chain a little to the right so it attaches to the hilt instead of floating in midair.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Race: Human.
Class/AT: Mesmer/Light.
Armor:
This is a forehead covering type of hairstyle that covers most of the forehead. Now, the hairstyle I have clips severely into my characters model while running, to where I see the bald skeleton underneath my actual hair model. It’s noticeable from the side too, as my head looks caved in and abnormal.

The issue I think is, the hairstyle flows backwards in animation but it goes too far. My hairstyle does this even when the helmet isn’t on.

Attachments:

(edited by Aylaine.1036)

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

Body preset: 2nd one at the top row
Profession: Light/Mesmer

The light shoulders from the Caudecus’ Manor dungeon and the vestments from Crucible of Eternity dungeon clip when I do the idle animation, can that be fixed?

Attachments:

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Armour: Arah light chestpiece
Problem: Ugly red line going through the “sleeves”.

It is even more noticeable in-game. The screenshot doesn’t capture it all in it’s eyesore-y glory…

Attachments:

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

Posted by: laibros.3490

laibros.3490

Weapon: Fractal Axe
Problem: Probably bad socket on that weapon or I can’t hardly explain why the weapon is wielded so badly.

Attachments:

Posted by: Nejra Korjenic.5238

Nejra Korjenic.5238

Sex: Fem
Class: Thief

Using a Complete-Restyling-Kit (350Gems), it twisted the left eye of the character by ~180 degree and to that it now seems to be convex instead of concave.
Leaves a really nasty lazy eye effect.

Attachments:

Posted by: Firalt.6782

Firalt.6782

Sex: Female
Class: Thief

The issue is with the Tier 3 Cultural Human armor’s chest piece. The best way I can describe this issue is a flickering or blinking, where the skin seems to clip through the mesh. There are faint line all around the chest piece that the skin can be seen through and two bigger clips while running, one beneath the left shoulder and the other in the middle of the back. The issue is much easier to see if the armor is dyed a darker color. It also seems to be more prevalent in certain areas. Flickering is much worse in Gendarran Fields than in Lions Arch. Due to the flickering nature of the issue it was difficult to get images of all of the lines.

My character is wearing the full Assassin’s set, though the issue persists even if only the chest piece is worn. The Assassin’s set appearance has been transmuted onto a much lower level set of armor and has been transmuted multiple times and the issue has persisted.

Attachments:

Posted by: Gundam Zephyr.6713

Gundam Zephyr.6713

Profession: Engineer

The Ascalonian Catacombs medium armor set has a graphical glitch. I can’t screenshot it since it’s an animation or something, but the Ascalon Leather Hat will ‘blink’ whenever my character blinks. It looks rather weird, as if it’s stuck to the facial layer or something. I should specify that it is the EXOTIC version of the helm that glitches.

If one of you devs could equip it on a male asura, you should be able to replicate it.

(edited by Gundam Zephyr.6713)

Posted by: Seraph.5826

Seraph.5826

Profession: Armorsmith/Weaponsmith

I have an issue with the Norn Tier 3 Cultural Armor. My greatsword Naegling glitch into the back and into the shoulder. Every weapon that stays on the back have this issue.

Sword and axes also glitch into the legs of any Norn male in the game and it seems that sword/axes is placed too far down on the body. I know this issue has been posted before.

I hope you can fix this problem.

Attachments: