[March] Issues with character art, weapons, or armor?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: iNaddict.8021

iNaddict.8021

Human character creation screen hair and face selection showing glitchy graphics.. wish you guys would take a couple of your devs from the temp content and fix some bugs.. im getting tired out temporary stuff.. starting to burn out.

THis was left unfixed from june 11th patch

Posted by: Bart.3672

Bart.3672

The newest armors skin have clipping issues on my female asura engineer. Her cheeks extend from helmet.
Race: Asura
Sex: female
Class: Engineer
Armor: Aetherblade Medium Helmet Skin
Issue: Clipping moddel on cheeks.
I didn’t used this helmet skin for this reason only.

Attachments:

“You break it – i break you.”
“Might makes me right!”

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

Dragon’s Jade Greatsword: The ribbon on the pommel appears to be invisible on one side.

To see this, simply equip or hold the sword and rotate your camera around your character. This was observed on my asura (maxed physical size).

[Screenshots removed due to bandwidth concerns but are available for support upload.]

The ribbon can be seen when looking at my character’s right side. It is invisible when viewing from the left. Of course I realize the ribbon has no thickness, but this appears normal for something so thin. It should be visible though as my view changes to observe it’s width once again from the other side.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

(edited by GamerOnline.3650)

Posted by: mieka.6782

mieka.6782

My english is not very good, so please excuse me

Race: Human
Sex: Male
Class: Guardian
Armor: Protector (Culture armor tier 3 from Divinitys Reach)

If i zoom with the camera far away from my character, some strange dark stripes appear on my Protector Amor.

But if zoom very near to my character the stripes disappear.

Attachments:

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

Light shoulders from Arah (Corrupted Orrian Mantle) have clipping issues with staves.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lantern.9687

Lantern.9687

Sylvari Male not trasnmuted and transmuted Whispers armor red cant be dyed over. It used to have an option, but it has since lost the option. Chest and boots.

Attachments:

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

Since I don’t see any newer topic will post in this one. New skins for achievement points and… such a disappointment- armor clipping issues… The skirt is the one from HotW

Attachments:

Posted by: pzyonix.1645

pzyonix.1645

Its has been widely reported on the forums but since this topic is all about these kind of bugs: Radiant skins and Zephirite Helmet Skins have an issue with the glowing parts dissappearing in multiple cases, most notable any weapon or skill that alters the appearance of a character (Jugernaut, Spectral Walk, Stealth etc)

Posted by: Gerby.6219

Gerby.6219

I’d like to see my hands Anet!

Attachments:

Hm

Posted by: Kokkox.4805

Kokkox.4805

Sex:* Female
Class: Mesmer
Armor: Radiant Vambraces & Fractal Capacitor (Infused)
Issue: Phantasms have weird textures floating on their hands.
Issue 2: Fractal Capacitor has no “phantasm effect”.

Also phantasms & clones still do not have offhands

Attachments:

Posted by: Kyle.3856

Kyle.3856

The Radiant Vambraces and the Juggernaut causes my hands to disappear. Same issue with Juggernaut and the Radiant Mantle. It causes a huge chunk out of the shoulders to disappear. It seems that all of the white parts disappear when the Juggernaut effect is active.

Here is the link to the other forum post I have going:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Radiant-gloves-Juggernaut-no-hands-O/first#post2453003

Attachments:

Kyne
Free of Fate
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Kyle.3856)

Posted by: signahead.7281

signahead.7281

The Radiant Mantle is huge on human male and sylvari male characters. Unless the character is standing still, with his arms at his sides, they clip with almost every animation, cutting into the character’s head, neck, chest and forearms.

On other characters, the mantle looks great, but there appears to be a scaling error for human and sylvari males.

Attachments:

Posted by: Naps Elif.7438

Naps Elif.7438

I’m having a issue on my Norn Thief. While wearing the Citadel of Flame “Shaman Reward Breastplate” I’m unable to see any Shoulder Armor I equip. And now that I just picked the Hellfire Mantle which looks amazing putting them on along with the Citadel of Flame “Shaman Reward Breastplate” is usless.

Attachments:

(edited by Naps Elif.7438)

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

The Radiant Mantle is huge on human male and sylvari male characters. Unless the character is standing still, with his arms at his sides, they clip with almost every animation, cutting into the character’s head, neck, chest and forearms.

On other characters, the mantle looks great, but there appears to be a scaling error for human and sylvari males.

Same here….Need to be smaller.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sucellus.3749

Sucellus.3749

I also have some clipping issues on my Asura.
Items: Super Great Sword Skin from Adventure Box and Jalis’ Legplates.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kit.1953

Kit.1953

Race: Asura
Class: Guardian

Armor:
Head: Invader (Purchased from WvW vendor)
Shoulder: Conqueror’s Mantle (Starter gear)
Chest: Cultural Armor- Electromagnetic
Hand: Cultural Armor- Electroplated
Leg: Pit Fighter (Drop)
Feet: Cultural Armor- Electroplated
(All but the Chest has been transmuted for appearance)

When logging on once the Queen’s Jubilee started, my Asura had a third hand. It was only on his left side which stayed stationary regardless of how I moved. When removing armor to see what may have caused it, I learned that removing the pants (Pit Fighter) caused the hand to vanish. However if only removing the shirt, it caused the red texture (which has been different on other characters) to disappear. Removing any other armor piece had no effect.

This has appeared on any other Asura previewing the Pit Fighter leggings on both genders of different classes still caused the third hand. The third hand also appears in the character selection screen and to other players.

Attachments:

Posted by: maplemist.5897

maplemist.5897

Sex: Female
Class: Elemenatalist

Armor:
Phoenix Leggings (Gem Store Armor)

The skirt simply clips into the leg anytime.

Attachments:

Posted by: Never.8571

Never.8571

Class: Any light armor user

Light Phoenix Armor

I’ll add my screenshots to the Phoenix Armor clipping also.

Attachments:

Posted by: Nauxen.2450

Nauxen.2450

Race-Asura
Sex-Male
Class-Warrior
Item-Carrion Pit Fighter Chest

The glitch seemingly happens with every single top that has the same look. I don’t really understand it, but there is just a random glove around the waist area. When you walk the glove glitches by stretching and the stretching is worse when you dodge.

Attachments:

~~Procrastination Nation~~

Posted by: ZelOva.4956

ZelOva.4956

Race-Charr
Sex-Male
Class-Engineer
Item-Ghastly Grinning Shield

Armor
Helm: Drover Helm
Shoulder: Whispers Shoulderpads
Chest: Vigil Coat
Gloves: Drover Gloves
Pants: Berserker’s Prowler Pants
Boots: Berserker’s Prowler Boots

All armor has been transmuted.
The bug only occurs when wearing the Vigil Coat.
When wielding the shield, it sits up the arm and looks terrible.

Attachments:

(edited by ZelOva.4956)

Posted by: rafael.8409

rafael.8409

Charr T3 Cultural shoulders have a bent spike on Charr’s right side, last spike.

Attachments:

Thorn/Ben/Sam/Hue Tennyson & Mr Agent Smith
[vX]
TC

Posted by: Melanis.8309

Melanis.8309

i have some some irritating problems with game UI. look at this screenshot:

Attachments:

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Sylvari Male Skirts/Coats still have bubblebutt syndrome.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Posted by: Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

If you wield Incinerator in the offhand slot, you don’t get the particle effect that’s supposed to occur when you draw your weapon.

Posted by: Bleak Advent.9840

Bleak Advent.9840

Braham’s On Charr

Attachments:

Ulfgaldr – Ranger

Posted by: Greo.6831

Greo.6831

Character: Human Male Thief
Equipment:
Magitech Shoulderpads – obtained from Black Lion Store
Heritage Jerkin – obtained from Hall of Monuments
Issue: During one of the idle animations while weapons are holstered, arm sticks out of the left pauldron. Very obvious with any sleeveless medium coat.

Attachments:

Live how you want, when you want, where you want.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The elementalist’s starter headgear, Stone Eye, disappears sometimes (most noticable after using a waypoint).

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The Minstrel doesn’t always show the music notes when drawn (sometimes it has an effect, sometimes it doesn’t).

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

I had made a post on Light phoenix armor about Charr 14 days ago, few very noticable bugs:

1)Eye patch is very misplaced.
2)Levitating shoulders are way too far from the rest of the armor
3)Lower shoulders cover half the chest armor

Some screens below showing the above.

Attachments:

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

Once again I raise the issue of Aether’s placement on female Norn ranger. It sits too high and should be moved a little to the left.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Race-Asura
Sex-Male
Class-Warrior
Item-Carrion Pit Fighter Chest

The glitch seemingly happens with every single top that has the same look. I don’t really understand it, but there is just a random glove around the waist area. When you walk the glove glitches by stretching and the stretching is worse when you dodge.

Here we described that issue as well:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Berserker-s-Pit-Fighter-Chest-graphic-glitch/first#post2613998

Posted by: MadSpin.2041

MadSpin.2041

Race: Norn
Class: Warrior (Heavy Armor)

The “Pit Fighter’s Sandals” clip in the rear making them look “split” when worn with the “Aetherblade Heavy Legplates”. The front seems fine only the back seems to be clipping/splitting.

Thanks in advance!

- Spinz

Attachments:

Melanin – Considered by many players to be the Blackest™ WvW roaming Ele from Blackgate.
http://melementalist.com/booncondcontrol-cheatsheet/
http://www.twitch.tv/madspin

Posted by: Sharkey.9805

Sharkey.9805

Race: Charr
Class: Mesmer
Item: Mask of the Jubilee

Here’s the thread I was looking for.

I had some gems left over, and decided to try out a new mask for my mesmer.
When I previewed the mask, it looked like it fit my charr just fine – a little high, but at the least the eyes are visible when looking straight ahead. After purchasing and equipping, it lifted up enough to cover up the eyes. You can see the preview in the first pic (w/o gear) and the preview after purchasing in the second pic (w/ gear).
I’d prefer it if the mask was a bit closer to the face, but if that’s not a possibility it would be nice if it at least matched the preview.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dragsooth.4071

Dragsooth.4071

Race: Charr
Class: Light Armor
Item: Noble’s MantleObtained from Caudecus Manor vendor

The shoulders in question with sink into your neck on the back of charr, allowing your chest piece to clip through. This is in clear view of your game’s camera during play. Also, the skulls on one of the male charr haircuts will clip through as well.

Attachments:

:3

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Twilight Arbor Human / Norn boot soles are missing

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

This has been a problem since BETA.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/races/sylvari/Sylvari-skirts-bugged-need-fix-bad/first

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/races/sylvari/SBS-or-Sylvari-Bubblebutt-Syndrome/first#post2643327

Male Sylvari Skirts Poof out… they are just completely silly looking and it has been a problem since BETA, can you guys please fix it?

I have so much stuff I just can’t wear because of this bug.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

We are going to unsticky this thread due to the frequency of these posts. Many of these issues are so different that it would greatly benefit us if they could be individual specific threads instead of one giant sticky post.

Thank you.

Just a reminder to some of the reports in this thread that do not have a corresponding individual report thread.

It is nice to see a single place to browse armor with known clipping and bug issues, but I think it would be most helpful for them to track these issues if we:

1. Check at least the last page or two of this thread to see if a graphic bug we want to report is already mentioned.
  2. If it is already mentioned, to check if that person mentioning it here has included a link to the corresponding individual bug report thread.
  3. If they did include a link to the corresponding individual bug report thread, does that thread include a pic or video of the issue you are also wanting to report?
  4. If they didn’t include a pic or video of the issue in their bug report thread, maybe add a comment with a pic to their thread with more detail on the issue so it can maybe get better attention drawn to it and make it more likely to be fixed.
  5. If the person who reported it here in this thread did not include a link to an individual corresponding bug report thread for the issue, then it would be a really good idea to make one and include a pic or video in it. Then, after making the bug report thread, add a comment in this thread that links to your corresponding bug report thread.

Seems like a lot, but it only takes about 2 minutes to do, 5 minutes tops with a slow internet speed. But if you really want this armor/weapon bug to get attention and be fixed, it seems like the best way to go about doing it.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Nitross.6987

Nitross.6987

We are going to unsticky this thread due to the frequency of these posts. Many of these issues are so different that it would greatly benefit us if they could be individual specific threads instead of one giant sticky post.

Thank you.

So, what does this means for what was already in this topic and what everyone added afterwards?

Should we re-post our issues separately or will you guys comb trough the topic for those that still need fixing (like the charr T2 I submitted months ago – still can’t use any cool gauntlets with it)?

In any case, if you don’t want all those graphical bugs in the same topic, maybe you should lock it so people don’t keep adding to it?

- Fort Aspenwood -

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

This is a bit awkward now.

This thread was actually from over 5 months ago and many (but not nearly all) of them have been fixed. It was also un-stickied over 3 months ago. I was trying to bring attention to it again with the hope that it might lead to some of the more recent armor/weapon issues getting some attention. However, after making my post regarding this thread, I noticed that a new thread had been created and made sticky just a few hours prior that looks like it will be able to track and direct the armor and weapon issues that have not been addressed to the people that can fix them.

I believe, with the passing of the 1-year Anniversary, that things are heading in the right direction now regarding many bugs, clipping and graphical issues getting the attention they require. This can also be seen by the sudden appearance and active nature Josh Davis has shown in the last week in these forums and by his dedicating two new sticky threads to the reporting and addressing of art and graphical issues that are still needing fixed.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Melanis.8309

Melanis.8309

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Class: Heavy Armor (Orrian Armor)
Item: Zodiac Shield

Annoying albeit very small clipping at the middle of the shield.

Attachments:

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Please use the current thread that is stickied at the top of this forum.