Massive lag and ping spike!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

This started yesterday around 9pm EST; currently, it’s 1pm EST.

My ping has shot up by over 4x its normal value since then and there has been no changes yet.

I have also contacted my ISP to ensure it was not a problem at their end – it is not. Everything else is working fine, including my other games on PC, PS4, and PS3.

Anyone else in a similar situation? Any suggestions?

(edited by Asur.9178)

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I suggest you follow the guide at https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network to identify exactly where the issue is.

Then file a support ticket, and include those details. You can also go direct to the support ticket, and anet will ask you to do what the guide explains, just in less detail, so I figure to save you the time.

The forums are read by anet, but they don’t do 1:1 support except by tickets.

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

I’m about to quit this game.

I have 4 accounts, playing since betas, and never had lag problems until this problem started on the 14th, and it’s actually making me want to quit this game.

Over a day and a half and the problem persists and still no reply to the ticket either. I don’t know what ANet or NCSoft did to the servers but it’s actually irritating – especially to me since I can effortlessly FEEL the lag in skill usage going from ~50ms to something like 200ms.

I don’t even get over 20ms on other games. ANet/NCSoft needs to address their server problems.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’m about to quit this game.

Can you post screenshots of the packet traces while latency is high?