[Merged topics] Achievement bug: no chests, dailies stuck

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

Ever since the patch I’ve been having issues with dungeon chests not spawning. I still get the champion chests, but the large event chests won’t come up sometimes. Is this a new system of diminishing returns? I’ve submitted a support ticket, but I’m still waiting on a reply.

Posted by: whenfirecomes.7963

whenfirecomes.7963

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

As well as bumping this, I just want to say I’ve just done Tequatle, was there from start to finish, took part in each defence phase and only recieved the exotic dragon chest, I didn’t recieve the blue, green or yellow ones.

Please fix the loot, play may be its own reward, but im feeling a bit unrewarded atm.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Can confirm,

Second day in a row now we (TXS) have completed the Triple Trouble Evolved Jungle Wurm event in Bloodtide Coast, and both times (post patch) has resulted in 1/4 – 1/3 of our participants across all three wurm heads, not recieving the daily “The Wurm’s Golden Chest” achievement even though we get the large in game chest and full event participation rewards (karma and xp)

You will not get the reward from wurm, or ANY other daily reward chest, until Anet fixes the time issue. It is currently the reason I can no longer do daily achievements, dungeons, meta bosses, and T7 ascended refinements.

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

I’ve got the daily each day though, so my daily is resetting. So this is seperate issue. or maybe the same issue, but crossed with that issue

Aidan Savage.2078

I’ve got the daily each day though, so my daily is resetting. So this is seperate issue. or maybe the same issue, but crossed with that issue

It’s mixed in with that issue. There’s currently a bug caused by the megaserver implementation that causes daily timers to fail to reset each day.

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

This is the second time this has happened. The first time it happened I thought maybe it did not reset from the previous time i did it the day before. I didn’t do fractals yesterday and decided to do it today and I still didn’t get an end reward >_>

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Yasya.1456

Yasya.1456

just completed and… no reward too… annoying!

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Previous

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

Next

Hi everyone,

I’ve merged multiple threads about daily achievements not being available and dungeon/fractal/WvW/World Boss chests not spawning. We’re aware a bug of the Achievement system that is the root cause of these issues. We don’t know when exactly it’ll be fixed but are working on a fix.

Thanks for your understanding!

(edited by Stephane Lo Presti.7258)

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

“We don’t know when exactly it’ll be fixed but are working kitten a fix.”

Thanks! Keep up the awesome work. I understand bugs happen, and am glad you are working on it.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

Once again no Chest ….

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

Posted by: Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

only bring the possible exploit at the bottom to light in the hopes it speeds up efforts and information on this massive bug and do not condone anyone doing it

3 times my account did not hit reset
still have the same daily so no laurels for me
time gated crafting just counts bk from 24 when it hits 0
i cant mine as they wont reset
cant do dungeons as i get not daily reward also no chest in dungeons they just dont show up
cant charge my daily quarts

i would also like to bring to light this bug that “could” be exploited
eg monthly
this is just a theory but my daily resets back to how it was when the bug hit so
3-5 done each day
if my monthly does that which is 2-4
then each day i can complete a monthly and be rewarded with black lion items among other things

i repeat and need to say this i have not or do not plan to do this im only bring this to light in the hope it speeds up efforts to fix this bug

Posted by: constantLogic.3486

constantLogic.3486

Thanks much for letting us know you’re working on the issue.

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Yeah appreciate the feedback letting us know you are working on it, though I was fairly sure you were well aware of it and working on it.

Sucks weekend is coming, I hope you can figure it out today so you guys don’t have to do overtime.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

Posted by: broken soul.2147

broken soul.2147

u guys are happy with a copy past response that was already posted..

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

What about the over 9000 chests some guys have ?

Knox.3748

No chest. and no small chest at the end, gg.

Attachments:

Posted by: Anandira.8756

Anandira.8756

Well I hope you figure something out soon… As far as I am concerned pve is what I do most and since I have stopped getting rewards, I have stopped playing. I just connect for some wvw.

Recruiting for raid team here.

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

I have finished every Dungeon path 2 days ago except Arah P4.
I did them all again now and yesterday (except Arah P4). I missed out on how much gold?
A lot (including boss chests).

Can’t even get guild commendation chests or WvW. This is annoying.

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Hi, everyone. I’m here with an update.

Unfortunately, we were not able to integrate fixes for the bug affecting the stuck Daily Achievements today.

I understand that this is inconvenient, frustrating, and disappointing, particularly because a lot of you all play over the weekend and were probably looking to get some play time in and complete your dailies after the release of the Feature Patch. We apologize that this is affecting your game play experience.

We’re going to try and fix this at our next earliest opportunity, and that’s going to be early next week.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: Neoz Kaho.2174

Neoz Kaho.2174

Rejoice folks. No dungeon runs. No daily rewards. No world boss chest. No jumping puzzle reward. No crafting timegated materials.

Really, I think they’ll offer No compensation as well. I expect they’ll just fix and say it’s too bad for all our time wasted. I don’t post on forums much, but this time this is too much. You gated all the rewards from contents behind time wall and now that wall is bugged and not lowered properly.

I would expect some form of band aid solution in the meantime but I don’t think they would give us any…so yeah, I wouldn’t hope for anything much after tomorrow’s reset.

Fine, if dev team does not have time for this fix, I wouldn’t have time for this game either.

whenfirecomes.7963

Aidan Savage.2078

Unfortunately, we were not able to integrate fixes for the bug affecting the stuck Daily Achievements today.

I understand that this is inconvenient, frustrating, and disappointing, particularly because a lot of you all play over the weekend and were probably looking to get some play time in and complete your dailies after the release of the Feature Patch. We apologize that this is affecting your game play experience.

We’re going to try and fix this at our next earliest opportunity, and that’s going to be early next week.

I really do hope Anet’s got some sort of compensation in mind for all players because the longer this bug goes untreated, the more players will be affected by it. By you only asking players to “bear with it” until it’s fixed, you’re telling players you dont give a kitten about their loss. Some players are going to be going without rewards and other benefits of gameplay for at least a week by the time this fix rolls around. Quite frankly, I’m hoping the bug resolves itself in the next 45 minutes so I can continue crafting ascended materials. I’m going to keep hoping, because I know there’s about a minute chance in hell Anet’s going to compensate those losses.

To top it off, if this bug is so problematic, why isnt anet forcing overtime to get the fix pushed out the door ASAP. I get that weekends arent “business days,” but it’s like telling your customers you’ll come fix their heating system on Monday, and they’ve already gone four days with a defunct system and it’s -30 outside. Talk about abysmal practices. I’d hate to see what anet would do if there was an even more severe game-breaking bug or (god forbid) massive server crash over the weekend when no one was required to work.

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Hi everyone,

I’ve merged multiple threads about daily achievements not being available and dungeon/fractal/WvW/World Boss chests not spawning. We’re aware a bug of the Achievement system that is the root cause of these issues. We don’t know when exactly it’ll be fixed but are working kitten a fix.

Thanks for your understanding!

Will you/they (Arena Net) at least be awarding us the missing Laurels? I am not bothered about the achievement points so muhc, but the Laurels are extremely rare and missing out on 3+ is a massive setback in my ascended crafting process!!!

Posted by: Toyah.4902

Toyah.4902

Agreed, a week’s worth of missing laurels and ascended crafted items will hurt me too. If Anet insist on putting a 24 hour time on these crafting mats they should compensate us somehow.

Posted by: jsingasong.1548

jsingasong.1548

I rarely feel the need to respond to issues as long as it seems there is a real concern and attempt to fixing the problem ( in this case the daily reset bug). However, your response and the continuation of this MAJOR issue has irked me. It is ‘MAJOR’ because the over prioritization on dailys you’ve implemented over time has ultimately subjected players to depend on these rewards. You’ve taken more of the control that players have to complete tasks according to our schedules. I rationalized all were done with good intentions, whether it be to curb exploitations, better gameplay etc. To have placed time constraints which you’ve practically made the game revolve around deserves a better response than of lately. Only today has this issue been at the forefront of a poblem that has surfaced 3-4 days ago. Your response, or lack there of, to this issue has been terrible and what seems to be a half hearted apology to get on w/ Easter weekend.

In light of the holiday weekend, which i’m sure you deserve, I can understand. but take accountability and fix this like your job depended on it; not all of the luxury to end our workday with a project half complete or have weekends/holidays off.

Then again, why so serious? just a free to play online game right?

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

At least this simplifies my schedule for the weekend. PvP and WvW only! =/

Posted by: seb.9830

seb.9830

Thanks for all your hard work, and delivering us a great game. Have an enjoyable Easter (or whatever you celebrate.)

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

Really?

Really…I understand that Sunday is Easter, but you CBA to work on this on Saturday, at least?

Tonight is the second night my dailies have not reset, so the second laurel I’ll be missing out on, and now I’m reading that I’m going to basically miss out on a full week of laurels because the dev team cannot be bothered to fix their mistakes in due time?

Are you going to compensate people for the laurels they are unable to get because of your mistakes, Anet?

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

Posted by: Kuro.4791

Kuro.4791

Still bugged for me… this is Day 2 and its starting to hit pretty hard my economy…

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

I’ve been instructed to add my wife’s complaint to the list. I assure you, her opinion of your response is very strong.

She would like to have her laurels, chests, ascended material crafting, and home instance mining nodes back, please.

But from me, personally, I offer the following criticism: If you knew you were releasing a patch that would affect multiple systems in fairly dramatic ways, you probably knew there would be a large number of bugs introduced in the process. Why in the world would you schedule such a release just prior to a holiday weekend, considering that apparently nobody in the bug-fixing department is willing to work overtime?

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Posted by: JK FlipFlop.2503

JK FlipFlop.2503

my dailies is bugged again today. Second day in a row!

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

3rd daily missed for me still cant craft mine dungeons u know the story ive had a fun time taking my anger out on people in pvp tho pew pew pewing full teams winning by 300 point using pure rage to tank the blows

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

Just realized my dailies not resetting is also applying to my ascended crafting mats cd.

Now I’m even more infuriated since I’ve been working on making the mats for ascended armor.

How about you compensate us the laurels we’ll miss out on and some bolts of damask as well. >.>

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

Knox.3748

my daily reseted. tomorrow ill test dungeon chest

Posted by: Regolith.4350

Regolith.4350

Ditto for me… day 2 of no-reset…. so I guess I’m losing 5 achievos per day (or are we getting those without putting in the effort?), no chest for Karka Queen yesterday, no bonus chest for Teq, no bonus chests in dungeons (quit after the first path, ’cuz why bother) and, shut out of Home Instance mining nodes and time-gated crafting.

Are we getting anything back once this is fixed…. cuz quite frankly, I’m skipping content that I would otherwise play due to this.

Posted by: Nethres.7168

Nethres.7168

Another day, no dailies or dungeons, thanx

Posted by: Amovo.1689

Amovo.1689

It seems that the daily bug of my account is fixed. Home gather, daily craft and daily list return to normal today. Just did a test(ac path1), dungeon reward is also normal.

I dont know why and cant make sure that would help, but can try if your daily are still bugged and similar with me: My game mail box has received several emails about Dye from the system after new update, and yesterday i found that one of those always refresh the sent time to new and keep on top place even if you read it. And then deleted all dye emails, finally the daily bug lasting 2 days ended today. Hope that would help.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ecthelion.3201

Ecthelion.3201

Lucky the people that somehow have their issue fixed, that’s not my case. Then again, no dungeons and I’m a PvE player so I’m missing the only income that I have in the game. That, and also laurels, karma, and my blues (the ones in the dungeon chests).

Seriously I hope some kind of compensation, Im able to make at least 20g daily just dungeoning and now I made 0 for the last 2 days.

Posted by: Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

note that this bug also affects the pvp reward track limits on custom/hot join games

Posted by: Cyphel.3659

Cyphel.3659

Good to hear some people’s timers are resetting!

My dailies/crafting/rewards still have not however, so it seems the issue is still present for some peeps.

I hope there is at least compensated laurels.

This bug is blocking progress in most content of the game for 4 days now. A day or two maybe(it was a patch with big changes), but this is kinda getting to be a big deal now….

whenfirecomes.7963

Update!

I’ve managed to not bug out on this reset. As speculated, megaserver seems to be at the root of the issue, so I’ve made sure to not be on a megaserver map at the moment the daily reset happened. Might be just a coincidence, and a small comfort to those already bugged for the day, but it’s worth trying at the next reset.

- Daily: reset normally at 0/5 and I got full reward once completed.
- World bosses: finally getting full reward from them.
- Ascended ecto refinement: working as it should again.

Only thing I haven’t tested is dungeons, because it’s past 3AM in Europe and I’d rather not try my luck pugging at this hour, but I suspect that’ll give rewards as it should, too.

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

When this gets fixed they should mass-send every account mail with a small apology about the stuck reset and # Laurels attached for each day that goes by this persists. That seems like a nice way of going “Hey, we’re sorry we weren’t able to fix this fast enough, here’s what you could have earned if this bug wasn’t active.”.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

PVP Reward Tracks in non arena games are also affected by this (not in OP)

Posted by: hdinh.8091

hdinh.8091

Update!

I’ve managed to not bug out on this reset. As speculated, megaserver seems to be at the root of the issue, so I’ve made sure to not be on a megaserver map at the moment the daily reset happened. Might be just a coincidence, and a small comfort to those already bugged for the day, but it’s worth trying at the next reset.

Only thing I haven’t tested is dungeons, because it’s past 3AM in Europe and I’d rather not try my luck pugging at this hour, but I suspect that’ll give rewards as it should, too.

So I was AFK in Rata Sum before reset, which is a mega server map, and I did CoF Path 1, no rewards throught out the WHOLE dungeon accept 2 champ bags, and the finishing chest with only 26s and the exp.

- Dailies reset at 4/5
- No daily gold from dungeon(s)
I am not going to lie, this is pretty frustrating that I am a PvE’er and I might miss out in a WHOLE day of dungeons because of this bug, I hope you guys fix this soon.

Sylvari Engineer
Viennotair/ Sar (r’s x 9)

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Update!

i’ll give it a try tomorrow if they dont fix it by then

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

My ascended crafting is on CD exactly 24hr from next reset on the reset when I did not do any crafting at all. On the “plus” side, my daily started with 4/5.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: hdinh.8091

hdinh.8091

When this gets fixed they should mass-send every account mail with a small apology about the stuck reset and # Laurels attached for each day that goes by this persists. That seems like a nice way of going “Hey, we’re sorry we weren’t able to fix this fast enough, here’s what you could have earned if this bug wasn’t active.”.

I agree, i just tried to do another dungeon, no rewards/ daily chest…

Sylvari Engineer
Viennotair/ Sar (r’s x 9)

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Update!

if this is true this is big news big big news!…. i will be trying this as i have been sat in mega servers since the bug started