[Merged topics] Achievement bug: no chests, dailies stuck

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

So while the unbugged get richer and richer, I have to choice to stay where I am, grow poorer, farm (and likely uninstall because I’m farming), or just stop playing.

What a good trade-off.
I’m glad I’m going to miss 6 days worth of dungeon gold, a week of guild commendations, a 6 days of dailies, 6 days of world bosses, a number of fractals, WvW chests, PvP rewards, etc… with one thing to show for it: My offline status.

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

Update!

I’ve managed to not bug out on this reset. As speculated, megaserver seems to be at the root of the issue, so I’ve made sure to not be on a megaserver map at the moment the daily reset happened. Might be just a coincidence, and a small comfort to those already bugged for the day, but it’s worth trying at the next reset.

- Daily: reset normally at 0/5 and I got full reward once completed.
- World bosses: finally getting full reward from them.
- Ascended ecto refinement: working as it should again.

Only thing I haven’t tested is dungeons, because it’s past 3AM in Europe and I’d rather not try my luck pugging at this hour, but I suspect that’ll give rewards as it should, too.

if this is true this is big news big big news!…. i will be trying this as i have been sat in mega servers since the bug started

It’s not…

After night 1 when I was in the Grove and it bugged out, I made sure I was in Gendarran Fields on reset tonight and it was STILL bugged. Tomorrow I will try just not being logged on at all. >.>

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

Posted by: Hirkeru.2693

Hirkeru.2693

PLease fix it quickly!! I`ve been 2 days without dailys!! No dungeons chest, no laurels, no world event chest, no daily crafting!

I really hope you Anet will compensate us for all the issues we have…

Posted by: dungeonman.4367

dungeonman.4367

day 2 for me too with this bug ..ran a few dungeons with my guild and didnt recieve my reward …also i was expecting to finish my legendary this weekend but without the gold from my daily activities i cant do anything :/

Posted by: RoseOfPain.6721

RoseOfPain.6721

i hope anet knows how important this bug is. After done TAkittenanet i got no daily box or gold. Without TAkittenanet how can i get my TAkittenANET token?

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

At least this simplifies my schedule for the weekend. PvP and WvW only! =/

It simplifies mine even more. No Guild Wars 2.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: whenfirecomes.7963

whenfirecomes.7963

It’s not…

After night 1 when I was in the Grove and it bugged out, I made sure I was in Gendarran Fields on reset tonight and it was STILL bugged. Tomorrow I will try just not being logged on at all. >.>

Feared it might be a coincidence, and it sucks we still don’t know for sure what to do to avoid the bug.

Posted by: Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

It’s not…

Feared it might be a coincidence, and it sucks we still don’t know for sure what to do to avoid the bug.

i guessed it wouldn’t be 100% but even if its 0.01% its worth a try because then maybe at least one of us can get some gaming in. but i do fear that once your in the rabbit hole their is no way out

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

As speculated, megaserver seems to be at the root of the issue, so I’ve made sure to not be on a megaserver map at the moment the daily reset happened.

Doesnt matter. The moment you move to a megaserver map, your dailies are marked as complete.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I’ve recieved my daily for the last couple days. Today I was in Gendarran at reset and completed the daily there, no problems. Yesterday I was in WvW on a borderlands map and got it no problems. Didn’t pay attention to it before then, the only reason I noticed it yesterday was i got a Transmutation Charge from the daily.

Posted by: Oskil.6701

Oskil.6701

I have the same problem. Second day without daily laurels, daily ascendent materials crafting, daily nodes gathering, daily dungeon participation, daily bosses chests. It’s realy frustrating to me. I hope you ANET Team will fix it as soon as possible.

Posted by: janszmatt.1468

janszmatt.1468

This also affects timer for Spool of Thick Elonian Thread to craft ascended armor.

Posted by: Cyphel.3659

Cyphel.3659

I’ve been instructed to add my wife’s complaint to the list. I assure you, her opinion of your response is very strong.

She would like to have her laurels, chests, ascended material crafting, and home instance mining nodes back, please.

But from me, personally, I offer the following criticism: If you knew you were releasing a patch that would affect multiple systems in fairly dramatic ways, you probably knew there would be a large number of bugs introduced in the process. Why in the world would you schedule such a release just prior to a holiday weekend, considering that apparently nobody in the bug-fixing department is willing to work overtime?

My opinion is also strong about this response. My bf has to hear about it. ANet, save the men in the players’ lives!

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Hi, everyone. I’m here with an update.

Unfortunately, we were not able to integrate fixes for the bug affecting the stuck Daily Achievements today.

Ok but why? What is the limitation?

We apologize that this is affecting your game play experience.

We’re going to try and fix this at our next earliest opportunity, and that’s going to be early next week.

Next week?… Even if it’s fixed on monday which is 3 days, More if you’ve known about the bug previously. I gotta ask is there no indication as to what the bug is and does it still needs to be investigated? If yes, why so long to isolate the problem. If no? Why so long to implement the change?

While I’m at it why does it take so long for anything to get done? Do you have to personally phone in every time your updating the server to NCsoft? Do you have to get translators on the phone , explain why it’s going to cost an extra 200$ to put out an update so you can get it crossed off the budget so you don’t need to pay it out from gems?

I know I’m shooting far here but the pace at which things are done always seems so sluggish.

Keep in mind that this is a massive change and a brand new system that just came out. Any fix is going to require extensive testing to make sure something else major didn’t break in the process. I’d rather wait a little bit longer and have a perfect fix instead of a fast one that opens up more issues and only makes people angrier. Also I don’t think that the update would have been released with a bug of this size in it if they had known about it, since Achievements is one of the largest and most central systems in the game.

Also, I should add that they have absolutely no requirement to divulge the intricacies of the game’s inner workings to us, since that would be like giving away trade secrets to their competitors. “Megaserver broke achievements” should be about as much explanation as anyone on our side needs (even that’s a lot of info).

I agree with all of this, and being an 11 year game development veteran, it gives me a unique perspective that some people may not have. This was indeed a massive update to the game, there were bound to be bugs, and some of them likely serious. Like the no-chat bug on the first day, megaserver issues with world bosses being at completely different states in different map instances (with no way of knowing which instance you’re traveling to and what status it’s at), and of course this one.

However.

As a veteran developer, I can also look at the other side of this coin. The update was scheduled for April 15th, with full knowledge in advance that Easter weekend would be following shortly. I’m left with these thoughts:

- The production and management should have had the forethought to schedule the update for another time, not when a pending major holiday would be looming days after. This leads to my next thought.

- By scheduling a major update just before Easter, that pushes the entire development team to work harder, longer, and faster to get it done, because most will have holiday plans that they simply can’t abandon. That kind of unnecessary strain (let’s not beat around it here, it’s called crunch for a reason) has plagued the games industry for a very long time. This is poor management, and poor development practice — people who are pushed too hard, get too tired, and work too late, make mistakes. Oftentimes, serious mistakes. This is why we, as end-users, are in the position we are right now.

- Not allowing enough time after the update roll-out to fix any lingering issues is amateur hour. I am digging very deep to find any excuse for this, and feel sorry for the devs that have been grinding away since the 15th to try and help us. I know it’s not your fault.

In addition to your post, I would like to add that we, as paying customers, some who have paid far more into the game than the initial price tag, have every right to be upset about all of this. We are the ones that write the paychecks. Just because our hands aren’t on the pen doesn’t mean we’re not the ones putting money into the bank.

Finally, I believe that anyone who benefited from exploiting any bugs from the patch should not be banned, but simply have those rewards rolled back, and on the counter-side, those of us that have instead suffered should be compensated in kind.

That’s my 2 copper on all this.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

Posted by: Avarres.9735

Avarres.9735

Today is 3 or 4 day of bug and be will fixed after holidays. I always try to make all day achiev. Then i lost ~50-70 achiev point’s :/. And ~70-100 gold. It’s so sad…

Hate this problem… No have desire to play.

Posted by: broken soul.2147

broken soul.2147

arena net is so worried about cursing in chat wtf was the point of mature chat option…

Posted by: darkkinder.7926

darkkinder.7926

just next week T_T

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

This is getting really annoying, can we at least know if we’ll get back all the missing chests? Because otherwise it’s just a waste of time to play until you fix this bugs.

I suppose I won’t get any answers in any case, it’s so useless to write on this forum.

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Hi, everyone. I’m here with an update.

Unfortunately, we were not able to integrate fixes for the bug affecting the stuck Daily Achievements today.

I understand that this is inconvenient, frustrating, and disappointing, particularly because a lot of you all play over the weekend and were probably looking to get some play time in and complete your dailies after the release of the Feature Patch. We apologize that this is affecting your game play experience.

We’re going to try and fix this at our next earliest opportunity, and that’s going to be early next week.

Hi. This only refers to stuck dailies. Are you also gown to fix stuck monthlies? I completed 5 achievements in the monthly list before the patch. I got a chest for doing 2 monthly achievements before the patch, but 5 achievements are still shown as done so I am unable to use those to get the achievement for the 2nd half of the month.

Piken Square

Posted by: tulkas.6541

tulkas.6541

First of all, please understand my bad English.

I don’t know what anet did, but my dailies today work fine. I could get laurel from daily achiv, dungeon boss chests appeared properly and also fractal daily chest. (Still need to observe to make sure this bug won’t come out though)

You can tell me i’m greedy but then what would happen to compensation of my last 3 days rewards? Thanks for this bug, I missed more than 1 fractal daily chest, plenty of golds and of course laurels. Most of all, which makes me really angry is that I wasted my time playing bugged gw2 for nothing.

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Last night while I was playing, my reward chests from WvW were stacking up on the side, as I decided to not open them yet, I wanted to save the inventory space.
Lo and behold, in the evening after having gained 13 ranks, I open 4 chests + daily, and then the rest were gone… I almost cried, but apparently I am not the only one with issues like this..

Will I ever get those chests, or are they just lost?

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

Posted by: HertzBot.6021

HertzBot.6021

I’m starting to get really disappointed here.
For me this is now the 3rd day in a row that I’m unable to get any boss loot drops (no chest visually or physically) in the dungeons. And even worse, no bonus chest at the end of a run either.
So I’ve been doing these useless runs for 3 days now, is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

Happened to me just now, no chests visible in the dungeons, no 1.xg reward from completely. Basically, just a waste of time.

[OP] Optimise

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

daily bug update

for those who dont know hears some useful information on the situation

anet have said

“We’re going to try and fix this at our next earliest opportunity, and that’s going to be early next week.”

so Tuesday ish

also their are reports of people who have managed to unbug its not 100% but their is a chance that staying in a NONE mega server map and logging out and closing game before reset has a chance to unbug but this could just be a coincidence so take it with a pinch of salt. im staying in cursed shore plz spread out and find different NONE mega server maps or try wvw so we get a good sample

this is worth a try while we wait for more info

i will be trying this tnight and posting my results (others plz do so we can get success rates)

and on a personal note ive had this bug now for 4 days i received a email this morning from anet support staff saying sorry for the wait and my ticket is now in the que.

Anet keep up the hard work and sorry about any flaming

any questions plz mail me

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

(edited by Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271)

whenfirecomes.7963

As speculated, megaserver seems to be at the root of the issue, so I’ve made sure to not be on a megaserver map at the moment the daily reset happened.

Doesnt matter. The moment you move to a megaserver map, your dailies are marked as complete.

Couldn’t tell, personally, because previously I’ve always been on a megaserver at reset, and last night I avoided megaserver maps altogether until after I finished my dailies. Guess that turned out to be a good idea huh. I’ll do this again tonight at reset and see how it goes.

Still, it would be nice if a Dev actually came out and said outright if the megaserver is the issue here instead of us guessing.

Posted by: HertzBot.6021

HertzBot.6021

I’m starting to get really disappointed here.
For me this is now the 3rd day in a row that I’m unable to get any boss loot drops (no chest visually or physically) in the dungeons. And even worse, no bonus chest at the end of a run either.
So I’ve been doing these useless runs for 3 days now, is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

anet have said

“We’re going to try and fix this at our next earliest opportunity, and that’s going to be early next week.”

so Tuesday ish
Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Yeah but really, that is just the worst type of customer service. How can you let people wait over the weekend, when that is the time most people are online.
Also I’ve completely uninstalled the game and installed it again, which didn’t do anything.

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

can we have more info plz i sent you and in game mail but just encase u see this 1st
i take it this means u managed to unbug yourself if so

1. do u have any idea how?
2. which mega server did you go back into which bugged you again

sorry to be a pain just trying 2 get all the info i can as it could lead to a short term fix

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

ive started a new topic only to be used to collect all info about any and all short term bug fixs link below. i know this may not lead to anything but if it helps 1 person get 1 reward thats a bonus

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/crowdsourcing-daily-bug-short-term-bug-fixs/first#post3927839

Posted by: constantLogic.3486

constantLogic.3486

Hi everyone,

I’ve merged multiple threads about daily achievements not being available and dungeon/fractal/WvW/World Boss chests not spawning. We’re aware a bug of the Achievement system that is the root cause of these issues. We don’t know when exactly it’ll be fixed but are working on a fix.

Thanks for your understanding!

Really hoping I get compensated for that monthly chest I earned and didn’t get, and get a reset so I can earn the one I can’t earn right now.

u guys are happy with a copy past response that was already posted..

Yeah actually, I’m happy they addressed it at all right now because this new megaserver ordeal is sure to be beating the hell out of their teams and they could have easily left us in the dark like the support I’d gotten that I already mentioned in this thread. I’ll be furious later if they don’t offer compensation once the bug is fixed.

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

I honestly hope we are reimbursed for this. I’ve had this bug since Tuesday, and it is really ticking me off. But I’m sure we wont be. Can’t do dungeons or fractals or world bosses, cause everything is stuck. I can’t enjoy the game. I’ve seen horrible things done to players via bugs. but I think this one is the worst. and we should get something to compensate, cause I don’t think it’ll be fixed soon

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

(edited by Nick Lentz.6982)

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

i received an in game mail from one of the players who unbugged confirming that curse shores seams 2 be one of the places that people have un bugged from. but that they bugged again when entering a mega server (after they completed their daily and getting laurels) they will be trying 2 un bug again tnight and i shall be trying 2 un bug for the 1st time aswell

link below to all the information ive collected so far

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/crowdsourcing-daily-bug-short-term-bug-fixs/first#post3927944

Posted by: Basara.3810

Basara.3810

Stop whining about wanting free kitten from arenanet. They don’t need to give you anything.What they need to do is call the programers and tell them too look into things. I know that its jesus day and all that but they still need to fix game breaking bugs ASAP.

Posted by: snowfaire.2781

snowfaire.2781

Hello, love your game, havent played in a while and decided to comeback. So I started running Dungeons. Now after the update is started having a bug where reward chest would not show up, you can see them on the map but not in game. This happened 4/5 times. Missing chest I can understand, big patch many things and occasional bugs. But in my last run I did not get Reward XP. That is where I have to draw the line. I hope this will get looked at asap and it exists across all Dungeons. If anyone else having similar issues please let me know so that I know I’m not the only one.

Don’t worry, a ton of people including myself have also experienced this. My advice is to play a lot of pvp and do map completion (as these are the only features that seem to work at the moment) and hope anet fixes it soon

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

Stop whining about wanting free kitten from arenanet. They don’t need to give you anything.What they need to do is call the programers and tell them too look into things. I know that its jesus day and all that but they still need to fix game breaking bugs ASAP.

It’s not about having FREE stuff, it’s about receiving the chests that we already should have received playing.

Grace.6074

I agree with a few of the more well thought out responses here.

I’m less irritated about the thought of the loss of a week’s worth of laurels and ascended crafting materials than I am about the fact that they carelessly scheduled this patch right before a holiday weekend without thought to how many bugs might occur.

More irritated that they then basically say “Sorry we CBA to work the holiday weekend to fix this” and that we likely will NOT be compensated for what we lose.

If they compensated us for this, I would just say, go ahead and enjoy your holiday. o.O I just very much doubt that is going to happen.

HoD – PHZE

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

Update last night regarding a fix for map chat functions. Rofl… and this takes priority over resets not working properly? Notorious EA Games is starting to look more favorable lately.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

whenfirecomes.7963

i received an in game mail from one of the players who unbugged confirming that curse shores seams 2 be one of the places that people have un bugged from. but that they bugged again when entering a mega server (after they completed their daily and getting laurels) they will be trying 2 un bug again tnight and i shall be trying 2 un bug for the 1st time aswell

link below to all the information ive collected so far

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/crowdsourcing-daily-bug-short-term-bug-fixs/first#post3927944

If you’re talking about the email you sent me, I didn’t bug out again after completing my daily and entering megaserver map only after I’ve finished my dailies on a non-megaserver map.

snowfaire.2781

I have not gotten laurels from dailies since Tuesday. I have checked every day to see if they reset, but no resets for me. I ran COF1 and AC3 and got no boss chests or daily bonus chests. I did complete 2/2 monthlies and receive the monthly reward before the patch, but my monthlies have not reset since the patch. Either way, anet owes me four laurels (possibly more before the fix happens),2.5 gold, some dungeon tokens, and a few other items. I am running a Mac osx 10.9.2, mavericks, 2 ghz intel core i7 processor, with intel iris pro 1024 mb graphics card. Please fix this for us as soon as you can. I will be very annoyed if I don’t get my missing laurels and other items awarded, but if I do, I will decide to spend some money purchasing gems

snowfaire.2781

Btw a lot of you are PC players right? I doubt this is a Mac only bug since it’s on bugs forum and not Mac forum…

Posted by: psycotic night.8076

psycotic night.8076

okay, I will wait until next week, but Anet, I expect full recovery of what I could not earn. I have received no achievement points, laurels, chest since the LEGENDARY release on 4/15.14. You have my account name, so I will expect all of the above missing but earned above mentioned items. Thank you so much for such a well tested game.

Posted by: Snowblind.4371

Snowblind.4371

okay, I will wait until next week, but Anet, I expect full recovery of what I could not earn. I have received no achievement points, laurels, chest since the LEGENDARY release on 4/15.14. You have my account name, so I will expect all of the above missing but earned above mentioned items. Thank you so much for such a well tested game.

Rofl, no one is getting reimbursed for this, though I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Update last night regarding a fix for map chat functions. Rofl… and this takes priority over resets not working properly? Notorious EA Games is starting to look more favorable lately.

It’s not that it was a higher priority. It’s just that that was ready, and this other fix is not. Bug fixes aren’t always quick and easy – sometimes it takes them a while to root out the problem without causing a dozen others – but that doesn’t mean other teams can’t keep working on their own bugs to patch in the meantime.

I should be writing.

Posted by: Azstatic.1485

Azstatic.1485

I’ve done multiple Dailys and Fractals both not giving me an rewards, the dailys might give me a coin or karma but no laurals and it’s been 5 days, also some bosses don’t drop the chest for me so i’m unable to pick up any loot from any boss. Anet really need to sort this out as i’m losing motivation to carry on playing this game seeing as i’m bugged and missing out an loot or progression on ascended gear. Please hurry and fix this as it’s quite annoying for me and surly for everyone as affected by this.

whenfirecomes.7963

I’ve done the same thing I did last night, and I’m bugged this time. GG Anet, if only you had a proper Q&A test server for major changes such as megaserver.

Posted by: Azstatic.1485

Azstatic.1485

I’ve done multiple Dailys and Fractals both not giving me an rewards, the dailys might give me a coin or karma but no laurals and it’s been 5 days, also some bosses don’t drop the chest for me so i’m unable to pick up any loot from any boss. Anet really need to sort this out as i’m losing motivation to carry on playing this game seeing as i’m bugged and missing out an loot or progression on ascended gear. Please hurry and fix this as it’s quite annoying for me and surly for everyone as affected by this.

As well to add to this several dungeons and bosses killed and no reward chest, this is beyond a joke now.

Posted by: Kuro.4791

Kuro.4791

Day 3, still not daily for me… this sucks because i can’t do anything that would give me a proper rewards.

Grace.6074

Night 1 when it bugged: I was logged in in the Grove (megaserver map)
Night 2: I was logged in in Gendarren Fields (non-megaserver) hoping that it would unbug, but it did not
Night 3 (tonight): I was NOT logged in at reset and when I logged in I was in Gendarren Fields, it did NOT unbug

I’m still upset about missing laurels but less so than missing out on my ascended crafting cooldown for three days…especially for a tailor this is a real problem.

HoD – PHZE

Posted by: charter.4095

charter.4095

I’ve stopped doing anything that has any sort of daily reset since it’s all bugged and no rewards will drop. I hope there can be some sort of compensation (being able to do the monthly twice is not worth losing out on everything else). It’s very frustrating.

Posted by: DanielMc.7204

DanielMc.7204

I completed 2/2 (Monthly Completionist and WvW Player Kills) plus one other achievement (Monthly Successful Events) and was close to completing my 4th (Champion Slayer) before the update. I did not receive a reward for the 2/2. AFTER the update all of my monthly achievements reset and I had to redo the three I completed and start the 4th all over again. I definitely want my reward for the first completion and would like my reward for the second, as well.

Posted by: tulkas.6541

tulkas.6541

First of all, please understand my bad English.

I don’t know what anet did, but my dailies today work fine. I could get laurel from daily achiv, dungeon boss chests appeared properly and also fractal daily chest. (Still need to observe to make sure this bug won’t come out though)

You can tell me i’m greedy but then what would happen to compensation of my last 3 days rewards? Thanks for this bug, I missed more than 1 fractal daily chest, plenty of golds and of course laurels. Most of all, which makes me really angry is that I wasted my time playing bugged gw2 for nothing.

Ok, the bug came out again… This is crazy

(edited by tulkas.6541)