[Merged topics] Achievement bug: no chests, dailies stuck

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kirito.7390

Kirito.7390

i have to try that too not being on a mega server when reset comes up my 3. day now but nut much u can do about it…. think i’ll use time off the game for a day when nothing is rewarding

Posted by: gungongar.4368

gungongar.4368

Sucks i did my daily today i got my rewards but no Laurel

Posted by: IamSam.5864

IamSam.5864

In AC, the last 2 days…there are 2 Chests that show when I look at the map. But do not show “in front of me” to loot. I hit the M key. go back to the map. The chest is there. But go back out of map. it’s not there.
Same with CoF. The chest by the Acolytes. Wont show.
Thanks,
IamSam

Posted by: Venerable Judicator.6058

Venerable Judicator.6058

Does this apply to not receiving zone completion chests? I haven’t gotten a chest for completing the last few zones. I did Kessex Hills and Gendarren Fields.

Posted by: Blink.9361

Blink.9361

I think it applies to any UI chest. Anyways, I expect a steady stream of boxes to fill my screen when the bug is fixed. Everything is logged and we deserve it, but still taking a break until there is word.

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

The only issue I had was on the first day of the patch, but tonight when the rollover was supposed to happen, all my daily timers reset and I’m unable to make any track progress via custom arenas, craft the ascended shoulders I was looking forward to, and really do anything that relies on the daily timer being at 0:00.

Such a severe bug continuing for so long like this is unacceptable. I know the devs have shown contempt for proper bug testing and patching in the past, but this is ridiculous. Taking three days to acknowledge the bug and at least a week to fix it? And then you wonder why the forums are so toxic and bitter?

I really can’t believe someone thought it was a good idea to schedule a major patch the week of Easter. Actually, I take that back, considering this is the same company who rate-limits trading post sales with no explanation, who locks custom arenas from progressing tracks to prevent botting despite it kittening off more PvPers than botters, and who patch in a way for people to block other languages from chat and enable it by default. So I guess “terribly planned and executed” is par for the course, huh?

Posted by: Izzy Katsu.6024

Izzy Katsu.6024

Yup. My daily, dungeon chests, monthly, and reward chests are all jacked up. They have been basically since the update.

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Looks like I’ve caught the entire salvo of this awful bug:

Two dailies are already completed right after the server reset time. After completing three others, I get the corner reward chest, but no laurels.

Dungeon and PvE event chests (both “world” and bonus) are not properly resetting for me after the usual daily/server reset time.

I just did CoF path 1 26 hours or so since the last run and I received the secondary completion bonus and no chests.

I did some guild missions last night and only received the rewards for half of them – mind you this was after a seven month hiatus, so there was no way I had already completed them earlier in the week.

Also, my ascended crafting timer instantly went to 23:58 or so right after the daily reset.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

(edited by Makai.3429)

Posted by: Floralee.4312

Floralee.4312

I think the part about this that makes me most upset is I’m losing a week worth of ascended crafting, I’m going to have to wait a week long to get back to crafting damask and mitrillium. A /week/ puts someone so behind schedule that its not funny, not to mention the fact you need those stupid laurels for just about everything. as for dungeons? Ooooh don’t get me started, dungeons are one of the things I enjoy the most in the game and now I’m not even getting my proper reward? no chests AT ALL? I bet you even after this fix they aren’t going to even think about paying us back for the lost progress they put us through? I mean yes I get it making a game is tough but it really wasn’t smart to make such drastic changes all at once things like this happen when you make such stupidly drastic changes like this all at once.

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

Wow everything with a timer is bugged. I didnt get my laurel today or any rewards from Guild missions.

So lets see now, dailies, dungeons, crafting & guild missions. A lot of events are bugged out too.

There ya go WvW & PvP are finally getting their love

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

For the Love of God, PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE, DUNGEON PATHS AREN’T RESETTING, FRACTALS AREN’T RESETTING, DAILIES AREN’T RESETTING, SPVP COIN COUNTS AREN’T RESETTING, WORLD BOSSES NOT RESETTING, SPVP reward track in custom/hotjoin games ARE NOT RESETTING, Nothing on daily timer is resetting and it’s really aggrivating..

NOT EVEN GUILD MISSIONS ARE RESETTTTTIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

Posted by: WUCHENGYI.1926

WUCHENGYI.1926

my daily no reset ,my dungoens no reset,Anyone know why or how to resolve? thankyou

Posted by: Deke.8094

Deke.8094

I’m having the same problem as you guys. Just did guild missions a little while ago and got nothing. Dungeons too. Anything I’ve done since Tuesday’s patch is still considered completed and is not resetting.

At least I know they are aware of the problem. Frustrating, but they’ll fix it. May be time for a small game break.

Posted by: Trystia.8206

Trystia.8206

Isn’t there something Anet can do to at least manually reset dailies for everyone while they’re working on fixing the bug? It’s really upsetting that I’m stuck unable to craft ascended materials, unable to acquire laurels, and unable to complete new dailies indefinitely, since Anet can’t even be bothered to give us an ETA on a fix.

Posted by: broken soul.2147

broken soul.2147

just finished doing bounty and didnt get $#!T i guess all signs point to quitting game.

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

I wouldn’t blame you for quitting. Not solely because of this, but because you can kitten well bet this is how you’ll be treated every time a bug like this affects you. Why would you want to invest your time and money in a game like that? Just so four months down the line, when they finally release another patch to address the issues from six months ago, it breaks something else and you’re s-o-l for a week because apparently it takes three days for a severe bug to go from the forums to the developers — who couldn’t be asked to look at a kitten calendar to see if their major patch was coinciding with any significant holidays? Did they all assume 3 days (Tuesday afternoon to Friday afternoon) was enough to weed out and fix the bugs from this patch? Do they really have no idea how long they actually take to address things?

Posted by: SasukeAg.6705

SasukeAg.6705

I have the same problem since the 1st megaserver patch.

Like all people i am waiting for a solution.

Sorry for my bad english.

I hope they fix this soon.

Posted by: TimberWolf.5297

TimberWolf.5297

I tried logging onto my only 80 and hanging out in FGS when the reset happened. Timer got to 00.00.00 and nothing happened so I relogged, only to find the bug persisted. I dont really play the TP too much so until this bugged it fixed my main source of gold has completely dried up. That and Im afraid to complete the monthly now just in case I end up missing out on the 10 laurels.

Posted by: Severed.6489

Severed.6489

I get NO daily chests from World bosses, None of them, Along with getting no Daily chests from bosses the “loot” chests that shows up for Karka Queen on the ground doensn’t even show up for me.
This has been happening since the patch, Since bug reports wont be answered I don’t know WHEN or IF i should ever log in again since I don’t get any loot for anything.

Posted by: hdinh.8091

hdinh.8091

Does anyone know if this bug effects FoTM?

Sylvari Engineer
Viennotair/ Sar (r’s x 9)

Posted by: GenRoku.5627

GenRoku.5627

Apparently it also blocks the progress on the pvp reward track after 2 tiers (doing customs).

Its a really infurating bug i hope we get some sort of compensation for the days lost.

EDIT: wording and clarification

Posted by: GenRoku.5627

GenRoku.5627

It applies to pretty much everyother daily resetted thing so im guessing it applies to FoTM too

Posted by: hdinh.8091

hdinh.8091

Eh, this whole bug is ridiculous, ruins my 3day weekend. I pray that they dont give us a acc upgrade..

Sylvari Engineer
Viennotair/ Sar (r’s x 9)

Posted by: SasukeAg.6705

SasukeAg.6705

I get NO daily chests from World bosses, None of them, Along with getting no Daily chests from bosses the “loot” chests that shows up for Karka Queen on the ground doensn’t even show up for me.
This has been happening since the patch, Since bug reports wont be answered I don’t know WHEN or IF i should ever log in again since I don’t get any loot for anything.

this is happening a lot to me…
i don´t have daily reward and i can´t loot anything is really frustrating.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Yes it does. I did lvls 30, 40 and 49 on friday before the reset and didn’t get my daily chests when i did lvls 30 and 40 on saturday. I did get a chest from lvl 20 but presumably if I do it again today i won’t get anything.

Posted by: Minizinger.7156

Minizinger.7156

Well, thank you Anet. How long it lasts? 4 days? Awesome.

I’ve finished all dungeons and fractal levels I was interested in.
I’ve finished my daily and monthly.
I’ve killed all world bosses I wanted to kill.
I don’t want to do any more sPvP because it invaded by PvE noobs who don’t even know what’s the point of arena pvp. And yeah, every online game with pvp has penalty for leaving, guild wars 2 doesn’t. Every 3rd f-ing game someone leaving.
I don’t like WvW, just don’t want to do it, no offence.

So what now? There’s nothing left for me in game. I thought I will play more after this new patch. I was wrong. And yeah, if when Anet say “soon” it might take few days to fix something, how long it will take when they say “we don’t know when, but will fix it some day…” Is that means “f-k off players, we don’t care. Majority don’t have this bug, so we won’t spend our time to fix it right now”?
So what now, waiting till next content patch in 2 weeks/months? Once again, good job Anet, you doing it right.

P.S I’m not often raging at forums, I know developers working every day to let us play and blah-blah. But guys, EVERYTHING in guild wars 2 works on daily reset. Players really can’t do anything with this bug. And main problem: will anyone give us what we’ve lost? About 10g (or even more for someone) per day for dungeon paths and daily fractal rewards? Tons of rares from dungeons and world bosses? Chances to get ascended armor/weapon from high-level fractals? I don’t think so, I don’t even think someone will give us our laurels for dailies we wasn’t able to do.
And this sucks.

Posted by: HertzBot.6021

HertzBot.6021

I have to disagree with “I know developers working every day to let us play and blah-blah.”

Since this is indeed the 4th day and ongoing, with a (maybe working) fix not inbound till at least Tuesday. I’m gonna go ahead and say that anet and the devs are just taking their easter weekend and thinking; screw you guys, we’re having our days off.

Guess what anet, so do we and we’d like to play a game that works during that time.

Posted by: carpedemon.7052

carpedemon.7052

I’d like to ask, if there is going to be a refund or something? I’m missing out ascended crafting materials the fourth day in a row, can’t do dungeons, can’t do dailys and miss a lot of resources on the maps.
Normally I craft 1-3 ascended materials a day, do about 6 dungeons, check my dailys and walk a ressource route. All I can do now is PvP and WvWvW, because PvE is just not worth it. Even the world boss chests do not appear anymore. It’s like the server doesn’t even reset anymore, like one long day that never ends.
Please keep us up to date if there’s a fix as for I will stop playing until it is fixed.

Posted by: Korento.9615

Korento.9615

I’m sad with not being able to do ascended refinement, otherwise I can manage. I was planning on doing dungeons during the weekend, but it is kind of pointless with not getting the bonus chests…

I consider myself lucky that I’m leveling a character in peaceful pace, because playing PvE with my main feels pointless.

I’ll be waiting for the fix.

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

My last 2 dailies came with already some completion. Today it was already 4/5 when the daily came. Also, world chests and my home nods aren’t resetting daily.

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

i hope we get some refund.
no rewards from world bosses,dungeons, dailies, no rewards from nothing ;<<<<<<

Posted by: Sebastion.6917

Sebastion.6917

Is anyone still working on this bug? I have been without a reset since Tuesday’s patch and still can’t earn desperately needed Laurels nor can I craft any necessary ascended pieces. Nor can I finish bountiews and such. I know there are a lot of people here having this issue, so I’m curious why this hasn’t been made a priority. It would be nice if Anet could reimburse us for our lost materials (let alone time) by sending those afflicted a chest with their week’s worth of Laurels, Commendations, and Damask. But I won’t hold my breath. But since I took off work to have a long Easter weekend so I could play more and catch up to my guildies, I’ve lost out on even more, and am understandably frustrated…

carpedemon.7052

After thinking about it for a short time, a question came up in my mind. According to some “missing” reset, it may not only affect laurels, chests, extra gold/loot/badges but also guild commendations if the bug is not fixed withing a week due to the weekly cap according to the Guild Wars 2 wiki.
Coming back to the problem itself, I’d understand if ArenaNet can’t just give back possibly missed loot, but it should be possible to give us back “extended” rewards. That means in detail that if I run a dungeon succesfully I get a bonus chest. If I run it again afterwards that day, I get another one. This keeps on until the missed days are refunded.
Either way I’d appreciate further information or a short feedback on the situation of a fix or a possible refund.

Posted by: Nouvel.2375

Nouvel.2375

It would be great (and very surprising) to be compensated for a week of not getting rewards, but knowing Anet, they will just ignore these requests, fix the bug in a couple of days and move on.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

As an aside, since this is apparently achievement related, I’m 20 AP away from my 6000 chest and am deathly afraid to do ANYTHING that gives me an achievement, in fear of not receiving the rewards from that chest. That limits me even more as to what I can do.

Has anyone gotten an AP chest with this bug and not had issues?

edit: I’d just like to chime in on the dev response. It’s vague, insulting, and downright abysmal. We deserve better than “we’ll fix it next week or sometime or whatever, bye!” Especially since we know that there were developers around after the response because a patch rolled out at the end of the 18th.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

Posted by: Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

DAY 5
still no fix

list of what ive missed out on
70gold
5 frac chances for ascended gear
5 laurels
5 days worth of AP
5 days worth of dragonite ore
5 days crafting for my cel ascended gear
5 charges quarts
and counting…………….

carpedemon.7052

It would be great (and very surprising) to be compensated for a week of not getting rewards, but knowing Anet, they will just ignore these requests, fix the bug in a couple of days and move on.

Though I understand your position as it is somehow identical with mine, it is also a fact that it may appear unfair or inadequate to give a full refund of gold, badges, laurels etc. that MAY have been claimed through the days.
On the other hand some kind of refund would be appropriate to hand out some sort of refund for those who had this problem. For example, missing out 4 or more cooldowns for ascended material means a loss of a few gold, that’s a fact.

Anyway I’m looking forward to a fix, though I assume the same: we might end up with some sort of loss and that’s very bitter especially for those who were hyped about the patch release and spending their easter holidays in Guild Wars 2.

Once again ArenaNet: please consider posting a statement related to a possible refund and also keep us informed about the fix.

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Just killed Karka Queen, Tequatl and Great Wurm.
No chests spawned for me. + No exotic dragon chest either for days by now.

Good game!

Posted by: Nouvel.2375

Nouvel.2375

Though I understand your position as it is somehow identical with mine, it is also a fact that it may appear unfair or inadequate to give a full refund of gold, badges, laurels etc. that MAY have been claimed through the days.
On the other hand some kind of refund would be appropriate to hand out some sort of refund for those who had this problem. For example, missing out 4 or more cooldowns for ascended material means a loss of a few gold, that’s a fact.

Anyway I’m looking forward to a fix, though I assume the same: we might end up with some sort of loss and that’s very bitter especially for those who were hyped about the patch release and spending their easter holidays in Guild Wars 2.

Once again ArenaNet: please consider posting a statement related to a possible refund and also keep us informed about the fix.

Totally agree. They could at least give back the rewards missing from people that did the actual event or task. But I’m sceptical they would do this for us due to Anet’s history of past bug problems and no compensation. Here’s hoping I’m wrong

Posted by: Kirito.7893

Kirito.7893

I just did a bounty and well guild missions in general last night and once whom ever started them they didn’t appear in my guild panel that it was active on my side but i was able to claim those rewards of guild missions gave. This is the only thing that hasn’t completely bugged on me…

[Bae] is gae

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

It’s almost a week now, I still can’t get daily done. I’ve been losing out the following.

- Laurels
- Daily gather reset on each map
- No daily reward chests for some world bosses like Karka Queen/Tequalt.
- No daily home instance gathering
- Can’t craft ascended materials that suppose to reset every 24 hours.
- Can’t get monthly done because the daily completion is bugged.

Posted by: Eye Two.1538

Eye Two.1538

I’m waiting to be corrected. Daily 2 days already hanging not zeroed

Posted by: Dia.9143

Dia.9143

Realistically, I’m feeling that A-net will not adequately compensate us. We’d probably get 600 gems or something, but they’ve never put up the kind of effort to roll back dailies/rewards for specific people. The sad truth is we can voice our frustration and dissatisfaction here all we want but the same people won’t really be quitting the game. A-net will get away with it.

What annoys me even more is their constant lack of communication. We are always left in the dark, as if A-net is simply laughing at our misfortune. This is especially annoying when you see a developer respond to a highly irrelevant topic that’s clearly nowhere near as important as a bug. If they can take the time to post that WvW match-ups are not allowed on the forums, then they should have the time to at least drop by here and say “Hey, we’re with you all the way and we’re working on some form of compensation!” or something to that effect.

Posted by: DjGriffon.8461

DjGriffon.8461

ok here is a theory after reading through all of the many pages on the forum about this issue. it appears to be caused by the megaservers. and since everything is account bound now, it seems to me if one of your characters is on a megaserver and one is not, then you might be having a problem with the resets. some people claimed that all of a sudden their accounts started to work fine, but the devs had gone home for the weekend and were not going to fix the issue until begining of next week. I had two of my characters on megaservers over the last few days because i don’t play them that often and two that weren’t. so today in about 3 hours and 30 minutes i will see if my theory is correct as i have moved them all to vigil keep

Posted by: RayStorm.8031

RayStorm.8031

I have been experiencing this problem as well in dungeons and dailys. I think it’s interesting that this bug does not affect the majority of the player base though. Hoping for a quick fix.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

ok here is a theory after reading through all of the many pages on the forum about this issue. it appears to be caused by the megaservers. and since everything is account bound now, it seems to me if one of your characters is on a megaserver and one is not, then you might be having a problem with the resets. some people claimed that all of a sudden their accounts started to work fine, but the devs had gone home for the weekend and were not going to fix the issue until begining of next week. I had two of my characters on megaservers over the last few days because i don’t play them that often and two that weren’t. so today in about 3 hours and 30 minutes i will see if my theory is correct as i have moved them all to vigil keep

I tried this theory. I had all my characters in Vigil Keep at the time of the last reset, and the issue did not resolve itself. When it came for the dailies to reset, the daily timer was at 00:00 until I moved into another map, when the bug resumed with all dailies complete. Steps I took:

1) Moved all characters to Gendarran (Vigil Keep)
2) Stayed logged in to my main when the dailies rolled over
3) Moved into a megaserver map when I saw they did not reset

What I’m going to try to do today:

1) Still have all characters in Vigil Keep
2) Be logged out/offline when the dailies roll over
3) When I log in, if the timer is at 00:00, instead of zoning to a megaserver map, zoning to another non-megaserver map.

We’ll see how it goes.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

It effects anything that is a daily thing. (fractal, dungeon, dailies, pvp, crafting, bosses. any thing that is once per day reward. I’ve had this bug since the great update, that needed extra time to be finished. only to log into a chat bug and then this. I can guarantee they wont care at all about anyone who has this bug. and wont give us anything to compensate. they’ll just be “ooooh we so soorrryyyy every thing is working now finnnne, so screw you and enjoy a complimentary F#ck you and your weeks worth of work.” I’ve never been so mad at anet.

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

Posted by: jsingasong.1548

jsingasong.1548

once again….

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

I found a fix for a temporary fix for the daily bug. Before the daily reset at @ 8:00 pm est log on another character that different than the one that were first get the bug. The daily will reset for the rest of the account.

My daily was bug when I was on my guardian, daily, nodes, dungeons, fractals, crafting and boss rewards didn’t get reset on the guardian. For some reason my other lv 80 characters nodes and bosses rewards were still reset (except for daily). Today i decided to log on my engineer 5 minutes before reset and wait it out. It works for me, I got my daily back. I figured if you log on different character each day before reset the daily might reset properly and it works.

If Anet doesn’t roll out fixes soon, I’d suggest people try my method. I still kittened for not getting anything for 5 days worth of time -.-

(edited by Riaky.8965)

Posted by: Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

I tried this theory. I had all my characters in Vigil Keep at the time of the last reset, and the issue did not resolve itself. When it came for the dailies to reset, the daily timer was at 00:00 until I moved into another map, when the bug resumed with all dailies complete. Steps I took:

1) Moved all characters to Gendarran (Vigil Keep)
2) Stayed logged in to my main when the dailies rolled over
3) Moved into a megaserver map when I saw they did not reset

What I’m going to try to do today:

1) Still have all characters in Vigil Keep
2) Be logged out/offline when the dailies roll over
3) When I log in, if the timer is at 00:00, instead of zoning to a megaserver map, zoning to another non-megaserver map.

We’ll see how it goes.

tryed this out 2 it didnt work
6days now