[Merged topics] Achievement bug: no chests, dailies stuck

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

I’m having the “no dailies” bug too.

Logged in over the weekend (after not having been on for a few days, including the evening before) to find my dailies at 3/5 already. Completed those, and now they’ve been stuck at the same 5/5 for the past two days.

Posted by: Ecthelion.3201

Ecthelion.3201

Wasn’t the new update supposed to fix this? I, somehow, managed to unbug 2 days ago after 2 days of time-gated things bugged. After yesterday’s new patch, I think all maps are mega-servered now, and today I found myself in Cursed Shore with daily reseted but the dungeons are not, so no rewards, again… -__-

Posted by: The Pointless.3869

The Pointless.3869

This forum doesn’t exist solely for your opinion.

Exactly, it doesn’t exist solely for -your- opinion

Then you have realised that you cannot voice an opinion and expect those in disagreement to stay silent?

Stop flaming eachother and get off this topic. I STILL have this bug after the supposed fix a few hours ago. Im limiting what dungeons i do so i still have something to do when i log in. Fix this please

The red post specifically said next reset. The update missed the one just been by 15 minutes.

It’s true that many people here feel very strongly about this situation, and my opinion is that asking for a refund of the game or gems would be an overreaction (and I both hope and expect that they’ll reconsider). But remember that for many people, this game is their sole form of entertainment and the highlight of the day. Not everyone’s game experience is as casual as yours (you advised them to “go do something else”), and some people find comfort and joy in logging in to join their friends or loved ones online each day. For those people, this bug spoiled their happy time for a week, so it’s quite understandable that they’re unhappy.

If folks are upset about something, it usually doesn’t help to keep telling them, “Hey, you’re being unreasonable. Things could be much worse, so stop feeling so entitled!”
Honestly, your first post in this thread wasn’t the best way to start a constructive discussion, regardless of how constructive the discussion of others had been.

Let’s hope that we never hear of this incident again after a week or so. That would indicate that either the players affected by it were satisfied with the outcome, or it was a minor enough inconvenience that they chose to move on with their lives. It’s possible that some will stop playing the game altogether as a result of this bug, but I don’t think this straw is massive enough to break the camel’s back on its own.

I’ll agree that my first post wasn’t the best was to start a constructive discussion, but on the other hand, I’m not sure a constructive discussion would have borne any hope of blossoming if I tried.

The amount of rage directed at ArenaNet as “thanks” for actually getting a possible fix out there suggests some of these players might want to step away from the keyboard for little while and take a breather at the very least. Yes, this bug is no doubt frustrating. As much as certain people would like to chill my opinions on the basis that I haven’t experience this particular bug, I have been in similar boats before. It’s infuriating, but at the end of the day, this… is just not worth the anger and stress that people are inflicting upon themselves by hurling all the abuse they can at the developers that likely busted a gut to get to the bottom of it. No game is worth that amount of strain.

Note: players unaffected by this bug should stop posting in this thread, they contribue with nothing except antagonizing everyone affected by this fiasco.

And spewing all manner of abuse at a developer on the basis of an imagined slight against the player base is contributing what, exactly?

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

“I haven’t experience this particular bug”

Enough said. leave post then.

Posted by: vmartinez.5362

vmartinez.5362

thank you arena net for breaking the game. nothing makes me more happy to always be in a overflow everywhere i go. because that is what it means to be a megaserver.

megaserver = overflow. the entire game is a overflow.

and since last tueday i was not able to get rewards. i am leaning to now quitting the game thank you.

Posted by: vmartinez.5362

vmartinez.5362

having this overflow system is just proof that this game is dying im done with this game.

Posted by: Luke.3907

Luke.3907

same problem here 4 days in a row no chest, no laurels, nothing

Posted by: Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

good luck people with this reset cross fingers it works only 56 mins till we find out

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

This forum doesn’t exist solely for your opinion.

Exactly, it doesn’t exist solely for -your- opinion

Then you have realised that you cannot voice an opinion and expect those in disagreement to stay silent?

Stop flaming eachother and get off this topic. I STILL have this bug after the supposed fix a few hours ago. Im limiting what dungeons i do so i still have something to do when i log in. Fix this please

The red post specifically said next reset. The update missed the one just been by 15 minutes.

It’s true that many people here feel very strongly about this situation, and my opinion is that asking for a refund of the game or gems would be an overreaction (and I both hope and expect that they’ll reconsider). But remember that for many people, this game is their sole form of entertainment and the highlight of the day. Not everyone’s game experience is as casual as yours (you advised them to “go do something else”), and some people find comfort and joy in logging in to join their friends or loved ones online each day. For those people, this bug spoiled their happy time for a week, so it’s quite understandable that they’re unhappy.

If folks are upset about something, it usually doesn’t help to keep telling them, “Hey, you’re being unreasonable. Things could be much worse, so stop feeling so entitled!”
Honestly, your first post in this thread wasn’t the best way to start a constructive discussion, regardless of how constructive the discussion of others had been.

Let’s hope that we never hear of this incident again after a week or so. That would indicate that either the players affected by it were satisfied with the outcome, or it was a minor enough inconvenience that they chose to move on with their lives. It’s possible that some will stop playing the game altogether as a result of this bug, but I don’t think this straw is massive enough to break the camel’s back on its own.

I’ll agree that my first post wasn’t the best was to start a constructive discussion, but on the other hand, I’m not sure a constructive discussion would have borne any hope of blossoming if I tried.

The amount of rage directed at ArenaNet as “thanks” for actually getting a possible fix out there suggests some of these players might want to step away from the keyboard for little while and take a breather at the very least. Yes, this bug is no doubt frustrating. As much as certain people would like to chill my opinions on the basis that I haven’t experience this particular bug, I have been in similar boats before. It’s infuriating, but at the end of the day, this… is just not worth the anger and stress that people are inflicting upon themselves by hurling all the abuse they can at the developers that likely busted a gut to get to the bottom of it. No game is worth that amount of strain.

Note: players unaffected by this bug should stop posting in this thread, they contribue with nothing except antagonizing everyone affected by this fiasco.

And spewing all manner of abuse at a developer on the basis of an imagined slight against the player base is contributing what, exactly?

You addressed an entire thread of people based on, from what I can tell, the people that have been using rather colorful language in reference to the developers. You called us all “entitled.” You didn’t aim your guns at any specific post or person or group of posts, but everyone. That’s on you. Did you read every single post in this thread? All few hundred of them? I have. Some of us don’t feel that we’re entitled to a fix, however we are fully within our rights and abilities to complain. My post outlining the circumstances that led to what I call a complete failure of good development practice, which resulted in above said posts, did you read that? Or did you skim the hateful stuff and arrive at your snarky little jab when you entered the thread, while not even having having suffered from the issue yourself?

I believe you may have had a different first post in this thread if you were among those of us that had. It might not have insulted the rest of us. In fact, you might have had a complaint. You might even be a bit upset. One does wonder.

(Also, I really couldn’t help laughing at your “but I have a black friend and he doesn’t complain much when people are racist” comment when you brought up a guildmate who has the issue, but hasn’t reacted the same way as the people in this thread. Which people were those again, by the way?)

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

The Pointless.3869

I believe you may have had a different first post in this thread if you were among those of us that had. It might not have insulted the rest of us. In fact, you might have had a complaint. You might even be a bit upset. One does wonder.

False. My first post would not be any different. If you had bothered to read the post you quoted, you would find I said that I would be infuriated if I had fell victim to it.

(Also, I really couldn’t help laughing at your “but I have a black friend and he doesn’t complain much when people are racist” comment when you brought up a guildmate who has the issue, but hasn’t reacted the same way as the people in this thread. Which people were those again, by the way?)

And I can’t help but laugh at the utter complete fallacy of comparing a bug to racism. Nice job of trivialising a serious problem there.

(edited by The Pointless.3869)

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

False. My first post would not be any different. If you had bothered to read the post you quoted, you would find I said that I would be infuriated if I had fell victim to it.

And I can’t help but laugh at the utter complete fallacy of comparing a bug to racism. Nice job of trivialising a serious problem there.

I made no such comparison. I made an analogy. You know what was kind of weird, though? Bringing up the fact that you lost a family member to a “bug.” That’s an awful thing to happen, but I’m unsure it has its place in this discussion. It also ties into the whole “everything is bad everywhere so let’s not complain about anything unless it’s the worst possible thing ever” thing you’ve got going on.

Let’s face it, you didn’t come here to argue in good faith. You came here to pick a fight. Mission accomplished.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

The Pointless.3869

Let’s face it, you didn’t come here to argue in good faith. You came here to pick a fight. Mission accomplished.

And perhaps it’s long past time that someone did. Maybe it’s about time common sense started taking over this forum instead of the blind, vicious rage, unreasonable assumptions and unrealistic expectations that passes for “good faith” around here.

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

We darn well better get some compensation. I have lost 7 days worth of laurals, and 7 days worth of Charged Quartz. The ability to make all of the time gated material I am storing up on my account for my various 80s. This is extremely punishing to me. They really need to do something to compensate those of us effected.

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

“I haven’t experience this particular bug”

Enough said. leave post then.

Posted by: delta.2568

delta.2568

The Pointless.3869: does not play the devil’s advocate. NO!
He is the devil lol
Advice: throw it out by basting holly water on your pc.

The devil comes dressed as light (Prince)

(edited by delta.2568)

Posted by: Yujin.1785

Yujin.1785

And perhaps it’s long past time that someone did. Maybe it’s about time common sense started taking over this forum instead of the blind, vicious rage, unreasonable assumptions and unrealistic expectations that passes for “good faith” around here.

Make a thread on the general discussions then on complaining on people who are complaining about this bug. Let’s see how much support you’ll garner.

The Pointless.3869

Make a thread on the general discussions then on complaining on people who are complaining about this bug. Let’s see how much support you’ll garner.

Because that’s anywhere near scientific when all the common sense has been pushed out by the unfriendly atmosphere produced by the likes of these threads.

Yujin.1785

Because that’s anywhere near scientific when all the common sense has been pushed out by the unfriendly atmosphere produced by the likes of these threads.

You mean nowhere near scientific. Just saying, if you think you’re in the right, make your own thread instead of causing trouble here.

The Pointless.3869

You mean nowhere near scientific. Just saying, if you think you’re in the right, make your own thread instead of causing trouble here.

I mean “anywhere,” because it’s a little something called sarcasm. I believe you should be familiar with that.

Yujin.1785

It’s called sarcasm. I believe you should be familiar with that.

Right… because the way you write it makes it sound sarcastic. Seriously though, people are asking you nicely to take your opinion off this thread.

(edited by Yujin.1785)

The Pointless.3869

It’s called sarcasm. I believe you should be familiar with that.

Right… because the way your write it makes it sound sarcastic. Seriously though, people are asking you nicely to take your opinion off this thread.

And I am respectfully declining.

Posted by: Flower Lyssa.8012

Flower Lyssa.8012

We darn well better get some compensation. I have lost 7 days worth of laurals, and 7 days worth of Charged Quartz. The ability to make all of the time gated material I am storing up on my account for my various 80s. This is extremely punishing to me. They really need to do something to compensate those of us effected.

Sure, they’ll refund you 7 days worth of the monthly fee. For the rest, well… I’m sure we’ve all heard that chestnut about flies, honey and vinegar. If someone hasn’t, they should go look it up.

delta.2568

… Because that’s anywhere near scientific when all the common sense has been pushed out by the unfriendly atmosphere produced by the likes of these threads…

Come on devil

The devil has the right to do what he wants, period.
You too.
Me too.

I like his pseudo : The Pointless.

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

Stop responding to him. He’s the kind of person who thrives on any attention, be it positive or negative. If you stop responding, he goes away. No one will think he’s right just because he got the last word in. Everyone knows he’s just being annoying for some attention.

The Pointless.3869

… Because that’s anywhere near scientific when all the common sense has been pushed out by the unfriendly atmosphere produced by the likes of these threads…

Come on devil

The devil has the right to do what he wants, period.
You too.
Me too.

I like his pseudo : The Pointless.

I like how personal attacks can be really indicative of the amount of steam left over that side of the fence, or lack thereof.

Posted by: darkkinder.7926

darkkinder.7926

guys dont feed the troll!

anyway, reset time is normal now.

Posted by: Jaysin X.6740

Jaysin X.6740

Yeah…I’m still bugged.

darkkinder.7926

Yeah…I’m still bugged.

you were in the game before the reset time?

Posted by: Jaysin X.6740

Jaysin X.6740

No. I just logged in to see if the update fixed it.

darkkinder.7926

No. I just logged in to see if the update fixed it.

its seems you need to be in the game before reset time to fix the issue.

This bug affecting time-gated features has been addressed as of today’s hotfix. If you are being affected by it, you will need to log in to this build before the next reset of that time-gated feature. At the next reset for that time-gated feature it will reset properly.

delta.2568

3.00 am (reset is at 2.00 am) in Paris, France : it works for me yes !

Daily reset + home nodes reset.

Thank you ARENANET

PS/ I connected myself yesterday after the patch, after the reset and it did not work. Now I am on line and came in after the reset and it works.

(edited by delta.2568)

Posted by: jsingasong.1548

jsingasong.1548

anet doesnt owe anyone anything. this is a game, not a necessity and anet is a company, so should act like one. yes i do think we deserve compensation but just like any other product you and i purchase, if the quality or customer service is terrible you attempt to get what you think you deserve by asking, NOT attacking. if not then u move on and dont do business w/ them anymore. stop demanding and just ask, no need for this useless blaming.

as for anet; a company so act like it. i’m honestly surprised you haven’t addressed this professionally as you’ve done in the past. no you don’t have to do anything, yes you probably get under deserved credit, and yes we gamers complain more than we should. but you represent an entity that relies on us. I appreciate bringing the patch out monday as soon as u got back from holiday, the one that anet staff tried to , although in retrospect over due. a better formulated (fake) apology would have been all it takes to mitigate a good amount of unusual anger and what has translated into long term pessimism about your brand.

To end on a good note thank you for the updates, the game and continued work.

Posted by: Nemecyst.5437

Nemecyst.5437

The fix that was announced in the patch notes didn’t work. I logged on after reset and the daily achievements unlocked themselves before I could do them. No daily rewards again.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

My guess is that they had to megaserver everything before they could fix the issue.

Since everything is megaservered now, it should start fixing itself once you log in after the fix and then have a daily reset, just as stated in dev’s post, and not simply if you log in after reset.

20 level 80s and counting.

darkkinder.7926

The fix that was announced in the patch notes didn’t work. I logged on after reset and the daily achievements unlocked themselves before I could do them. No daily rewards again.

You need to be in the game before reset time to fix the issue.

Posted by: Fyrsa.4512

Fyrsa.4512

I’ve never had the daily issue, it worked properly after the patch, but I have no chest during dungeons (I’ve tried several times… Citadel of Flame never gives me chests and neither bonus chest, Ascalonian Catacombs sometimes gives me rewards and sometimes not. Sorrow Embraces seems immune and gives me my chests.)

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

anet doesnt owe anyone anything. this is a game, not a necessity and anet is a company, so should act like one. yes i do think we deserve compensation but just like any other product you and i purchase, if the quality or customer service is terrible you attempt to get what you think you deserve by asking, NOT attacking. if not then u move on and dont do business w/ them anymore. stop demanding and just ask, no need for this useless blaming.

While that may be true, a good company that wants to keep their customers happy and expects those customers to continue to do business with them in the future (ie. gem purchases in our case) should really at least attempt to do something to make it up to those customers when something has gone terribly wrong like this.

I don’t think many of us are asking for much…just what we lost due to their mistakes. Scheduling such a large patch the week before a long holiday weekend was possibly the dumbest thing they could have done.

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

Why has there been no acknowledgment at all of the monthly reset issue? Why were my posts that are specifically about the monthly reset in a thread specifically about the monthly reset merged into a thread that doesn’t acknowledge or address the monthly reset at all. Very disappointing.

People are complaining about losing 5 laurels or 7 laurels. Sounds like that issue is fixed. I’m glad that’s fixed for the people who had that issue. I’m still out 10 laurels for an issue that Anet didn’t even address or acknowledge in this thread. I’m not saying I’m gonna lose any sleep over it. At this point I wouldn’t have enough time to do a full set of monthlies anyway even if they did fix it. It’s like they just swept that issue under the rug and ignored it. Just…disappointing.

Posted by: Flower Lyssa.8012

Flower Lyssa.8012

Yup, I’ve had the monthly issue (had 4/2 completed pre-update, which became 4/4 post-update, without an extra chest). I figured it was the price of playing as much as I do (and thus get more stuff through normal playing than people who just do the minimum). If ever we can get an extra chest before the end of the month, I’ll be happy about it, but I don’t think it’s worth raising a stink over it. (So you can guess what I think of the people raging about the daily/dungeon/time-gated material crafting bug.)

Actually, I would have thought that more people would have complained about the monthly thing than the daily thing. After all, it is 10 laurels and 50s.

Posted by: Floryn.6307

Floryn.6307

I’ve sent them the following support ticket:

Hello

I would like an reimburse for the “daily not resetting bug” which I was affected by from 15.04.2014 until 22.04.2014.

To sum it up: I lost and I would like a reimburse for:

- 7x 1Laurel(s)= 7 Laurels;
- 7x 10 AP= 70 Achievement Points;
- 7x 1 Lump of Mithrillium= 7 Lump of Mithrillium (time gated crafting material);
- 7x 1 Glob of Elder Spirit Residue = 7 Glob of Elder Spirit Residue (time gated crafting material);
- 7x 1 Spool of Thick Elonian Cord = 7 Spool of Thick Elonian Cord (time gated crafting material);
- 7×1 Spool of Silk Weaving Thread = 7 Spool of Silk Weaving Thread (time gated crafting material);

I should add the reimburse for the daily dungeons I normally do: 1xFotM 49, 2xAC,2x SE,2x CoE; 2x CoF… but I wont because it involves gold and that’s something that’s always subjective, specially when it comes to reimbursing.

PS

No copy/paste replies, a sample of this support ticket answer will end up on reddit/official forums to become the official stand of Arenanet’s policy regarding a bug that affected a part of GW2 community.

Thank you in advance for your support,

Band of BrothersMore than a guild, more than a team

darkkinder.7926

at least they could have let us do more than one material ascedend (7x) after the update fix on monday (04/21).

(edited by darkkinder.7926)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

In light of this bug, I would suggest anyone that wants some sort of compensation submit a support request stating what you have lost (number of laurels you would have gotten, etc.). I can’t imagine that Anet would not in some way compensate a reasonable request in some way.

Calling names, throwing cyber-fits and DEMANDING things is likely not the best way to handle this situation, but if acting like a spoiled 5 year old makes you feel better, throw some profanity in the request.

Bugs happen, if this is your “last straw” and quit the game from it, you were well on your way to getting out anyway.

Bye!!!! Have fun storming The Castle!!

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

his bug just hit me tonight half way through my dailies in pvp.

I got daily kills, salvaged a few items and then it stopped at 80% and matches stayed at 66% even though I played 6 games.

Progression on the PvP track also stopped where it was after the award of a chest in first game played.

Logged off back onto same toon made no difference. Logged to different toon and could recylcle stuff but made no difference when I went back to pvp.

Went to WvW on a 3rd recycler works defender done and tower done so got 5 daily but the completioist in me wants all 10 but pvp will not progress and went back for game 7.

(edited by Calixtus.8617)

Posted by: sbriddale.7492

sbriddale.7492

My PVP-daily is bugged, too. I killed many players und played 3 games but both dailies are on 0%

There are not many dailies left, so I want to do them all to get some achievement points

Edit: Some nice player gave me tha answer for this bug: The official arenas are bugged! I went to a custom arena and my daily worked!

Galahads Son [CSI] – Drakkar Lake

(edited by sbriddale.7492)

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

Same here.

A very kind gentlemen lovely lady named Syg sent me an in game message with the non standard server solution. Although I am not convinced that the reward track is working as it usually only takes me 3 games to complete one level of the track and after 8 games no progression today

However I’ll take the achieve completion as a win

(edited by Calixtus.8617)

Posted by: Kito.3709

Kito.3709

I have found a temporary fix for the daily problem. Just stay in a WvW map at the time of the reset, and it will work.

As for the pvp reward tracks not progressing, remember there is a daily cap for the amount you can progress on hotjoins. Team and solo arena don’t have a limit though.

Cheers

Posted by: constantLogic.3486

constantLogic.3486

I just sent another ticket about my monthlies sticking, I’ll be curious as to how they respond. Glad to hear that some of you are having your daily issue fixed though. Not happy at all to have continued silence on anet’s end, though it’s par for the course at this point.

Posted by: darthbaz.3192

darthbaz.3192

Chest still appearing on mini map and not available to collect in the game :-(

Posted by: Floryn.6307

Floryn.6307

I got part of my answer to the reimburse request:

Tiket #567819: You are asking for items we cannot provide. An agent will respond to your ticket as soon as possible.

So basically they sweep this bug under the rug and will use the “we don’t have the tools” card to avoid any hassle with reimburse requests. I guess that if there isn’t a reddit thread with 600+ upvotes they don’t feel the need to handle things equitably.

Fair warning… let them get away with this now, and we gonna see far worse situations in nearby future.

PS
I nearly forgot how horrible is their support, had to use all the available “ways” to get a reply after 4 days. The only thing more horrible than their support is their"new" support software.

Band of BrothersMore than a guild, more than a team

(edited by Floryn.6307)

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

I’m just completely disappointed in how they handled the monthly reset part of this. I don’t understand at all why they would merge posts about the monthly reset into this thread and then COMPLETELY ignore that issue.

I never asked for or expected any kind of reimbursement. That was never realistic. But they could have at least acknowledged the monthly reset issue up front with everything else. Maybe they were afraid of the additional immature ranting and raging it would have inspired?

In two months hardly anyone will even remember that this bug happened.