Mini pets and water :(

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

When you enter the water, they disappear, and you have to conjure them again when you get out of the water.

They used to swim with us.

I don’t see anything in the patch notes about it.

notebene.3190

Update: I noticed on my Elementalist that her Princess Doll was still swimming with her. I tried my Norn warrior who has a little brown bear, and that still swims.

Now, I only have 3 pets, but the one the doesn’t seem to work any more is the plushy griffon of those 3. Not sure how many other pets it effects.

Update 2: And tried putting that pet on another character, and it still doesn’t work, so it’s not the character.

Posted by: EricHanke.1394

EricHanke.1394

This is intended behavior, this is to prevent mini pets without underwater animations from being used or summoned in water.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

If it’s the intended behavior that some minipets work in water and some don’t, could you guys either mention that on the minis that don’t work in water, or possibly use the little “no water” icon that land-only skills have? (Optimally they would all have swimming animations, but I doubt that will happen.)

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Vrava.6937

Vrava.6937

We always thought the minipets who glide through the water were cute and endearing. We already have a hard time keeping our minipets out as they get put away every time we down, change zone, or sneeze. Adding in another opportunity for them disappearing is sad for us mini-lovers. Let our minis go!! (And let them glide through the water like the graceful plush griffons that they are.)

Posted by: Kojast.6304

Kojast.6304

Has it been considered that this was perhaps an unnecessary fix? Minipets already serve no purpose in the game except to follow you around. They are already immersion-breaking in the sense that there is no lore explaining why you have, for example, a tiny human bandit following you around.

Minipets exist to be seen by the owner. They are already difficult to keep out. They go away and do not automatically re-summon when you switch zones or die. They take up bag space and mini owners go out of their way to craft invisible bag space so that they are not accidentally deposited with resources.

I know there are many times my guild and I have had a lot of fun seeing the minipets underwater. One of my friends has only a few minis and one of them is the plush griffon, which he always gets a good laugh out of when it “swims” underwater in an airplane mode with its wings.

I understand the need to fix bugs in the game and also that some bugs and quality of life features are easier to deal with than others, but to add my 2 cents to EnemyCrusher’s reply, if you can’t add swimming animations for all minis and still want some to stow underwater, then please either add the ability to automatically resummon them when you swim/zone/die and mark the tooltip for ones that cannot swim. Minipets are prestige items and some are worth a lot of in-game gold or only purchasable with real world money. This may have just been a bug fix to you, but as the bug has been in the game since launch, please understand that this is also essentially the removal of a feature for minipet owners.

Posted by: Dragsooth.4071

Dragsooth.4071

First you destroy the Elementalist that I’ve mained on as a Staff for over 1000 hours and now you make mini pets even more of a hassle to use… might as well just remove them from the gem store and give them to us for free.

:3

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

Please consider this then. Give us a minipet slot and make the mini run the same speed as the user, regardless of speed buffs.

Wondrous Achiever \o/

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

This is intended behavior, this is to prevent mini pets without underwater animations from being used or summoned in water.

Why? What was wrong with that?

Now we have to summon them even more often. You expect to sell us these things. Why can’t they be convenient to use?!

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

Please let them respwan automatically or just make them invisible underwater… This was one of the best bug ingame!

I can understand it is unintended behaviour even it was funny to watch those creatures underwater. However I love to have my miniature outside and this is so annoying, because you enter the water so often in this game. It is not acceptable to open everytime my inventory and put out my mini if I just dipped into the water. I replaced my favorite (paid with gems [!]) mini with one that does not despawn…!! I dont care for mapchange, maybe down could be removed, but underwater just s**cks.. Sorry.

it was written…

(edited by cubed.2853)

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

But seeing my kitty run through water is the second cutest thing I’ve found in the game! Please let my kitty run through water again

Also +1 to having a minipet slot so I don’t need to store my kitty in my invisible bag.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

(edited by Curo.2483)

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

NOOOOOOO

I love my swimming golem mini((((((

He even treads water, I was so impressed when I first took him underwater and noticed he was animated. Sad sad sad sad day for mini lovers.

notebene.3190

I summon thee from the depths!

Wow, really?

You know some of us paid real money for these right?

And for me, the issue isn’t so much that it can’t swim anymore as not auto-summoning it again once we get ‘out’ of the water, making it a pain to use.

If you can’t do that, then just let it swim until you can figure out how to do that, as…hmm..oh yeah! Some of us paid ‘real’ money for them to at least be remotely functional.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I’ve stopped buying them now.. after the jack-a-lop’s footsteps were removed, and we still get the howling loud “for gems” halloween ghost… :P

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

You don’t have to add underwater animations to the minis. They don’t need animations at all.
Just draw a bubble around them and have them float.

(Also, the in-game mail bird doesn’t have an underwater animation either, and that never bothered the devs…?)

The other option would be to automatically re-spawn the activated mini when a player leaves the water / has ported into a new zone / …
I would us minis if I didn’t have to double click them every few minutes.

Posted by: Slawed.8702

Slawed.8702

Please consider this then. Give us a minipet slot and make the mini run the same speed as the user, regardless of speed buffs.

I like this mini pet slot idea, it would help a lot with the re-summoning issue if they auto appear when slotted where it allows it. Although I’d still like to see them in water I’d settle for this kind of auto-summon option over a water animation fix =D
Not fussed about the speed though tbh cos the ranger pets have the same movements…

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

(Also, the in-game mail bird doesn’t have an underwater animation either, and that never bothered the devs…?)

Magic birds.

Water, rock. Giant poisonous trees, all these are nothing to the magic birds

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

+1. Each time they add the new minis without uw animations I’m getting more kitten ed. WHY would they think it’s a good idea to make them despawn kitten . EVERYONE just stops using those minis at all. Which is a shame because some of them are super awesome otherwise. So unbelievably stupid and lazy.

Come on, FIX IT.

-

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

I agree with the mini slot idea, I wish my mini arctic fox kit would follow me everywhere :P

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

A mini pet slot would work well with the idea of a miniature shark or jelly fish…
//Portable Corpse

Posted by: WingedVictory.9013

WingedVictory.9013

NECROoo.

This still needs to be made real… mini pet slot ~or~ like a friend suggested: a mini pet slot like the finisher tab. Whichever ones are in the collection can be activated like the finishers.

No bag space taken- no need to constantly resummon them- ALL characters can access them- and best of all the UI is technically already in the game.

More minis have been added and they don’t have uw animations (I assume lol- I don’t have the wurm ones). [Edit: on top of that they are gem store minis- paid for with real money >.>]

…please? ;_;

(edited by WingedVictory.9013)

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

The minis have matching animations with their true mob/NPC equivalent. If the original NPC is able to swim, then the mini also should be able to.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

(edited by Hermes.7014)

Posted by: Schlochtenberg.1452

Schlochtenberg.1452

None of the second year minis can swim. Even if they have a first year counterpart.
River Drake Broodmother swims, River Drake doesnt.
Seraph Heavy Guard swims, Seraph Juggernaut doesnt.
Hylek Nahuali and Yaotl The Fierce swim, Hylek Amini, Cuicani and Tlamatini dont, etc.

Also recently some minis have stopped following you at all.
Evon Gnashblade, Ellen Kiel, Toxic Nimross, Peacekeeper Shocktrooper.

Posted by: WingedVictory.9013

WingedVictory.9013

Oh Skale Brackish doesn’t swim while Skale Blighter does, to add to that list ^

Also Jack-a-lope doesn’t swim while when you are transformed as one you CAN swim.

I’d love to hear if they are at least working on something to help the mini lovers :L