Missing Tyria mastery points [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

I also filed a report and got immediate response saying they acknowledge the problem. I think they’re purposely not prioritizing the fix to push some LS2 sales. If it’s really true then it’s gross.

That is THE shiny Truth my friend!!. The easiest and fastest way to have those mastery points is to buy LW… so welcome to Anet’s sales strategies.

Joke’s on them because I bought it before HoT and I’m still not happy that I’m being denied points that I’m meant to have earned.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Posted by: Faytar.4903

Faytar.4903

looks like no mention of it being fixed in todays update loging in and will see but dont expect it

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

Still not fixed…

Surely a bug like this should be top priority.

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Posted by: Snappily.6013

Snappily.6013

Words cannot express how completely, totally, utterly frustrated I am that this is still not fixed. It has been well over a month now. This is ridiculous, and the lack of response is more than disheartening at this point.

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

I am still missing 10+ points I earned since HoT launch because this has not been addressed, or even acknowledged. I am not completely roadblocked on all my Tyria masteries because of this, since all my XP bars are filled, and the points that i have earned, that I need to unlock Pact Commander IV, are not being awarded.

It’s been a month. I’m over this. Done. I’ll check back after the new year and see if you all managed to ever actually wake up and fix this.

(edited by Heezdedjim.8902)

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

Hello and I am also posting this here; in the bug forum; I am missing 10 mastery points and I am currently hoping that the ANet folks are looking into this. I took 2-3 weeks for the forum mods to combine all the posts about this and then another 2 weeks for the first ANet person to post that they “might” be aware of it. I have and will continue to submit weekly bug reports; I would do it daily but that might seem offensive. I guess that the high volume of errors created by the release of HoT has put this one as a low priority. Central Tyria is the forgotten country now; and the 60+pages of problems in the shiny new areas and events are to be considered more important than this. I agree w/the above poster that it is a good idea for me to play less since I am very unimpressed w/the “expansion” and such. I could go on and on w/my feedback but it is mostly negative and I know that negative feedback is not welcomed by ANet. Sad that this is the new reality of the world.

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

Hm after reading this better go throu my achivements…. couse I have a realy hard time to gain my 6 last points (only “hard to get” points left).

“Death is just another path”

(edited by EKAN.4051)

Posted by: golgorod.8351

golgorod.8351

I double check this Problem. regarding to the Anet post that the Points rewarded after we completed a chapter. I played two story chapter of the Norn and one of the Sylvari.
So I should get Mastery Points for this.
But i don’t get any… So it would be very nice if somone could look into it…

Posted by: arguden.7821

arguden.7821

Why is ANET ignoring this bug? Is it so hard to fix it lol. I want to progress with tyria mastery points but cant,because i cant get mp from my alts kitten this lol.

(edited by arguden.7821)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Why is ANET ignoring this bug? Is it so hard to fix it lol. I want to progress with tyria mastery points but cant,because i cant get mp from my alts kitten this lol.

See your duplicate thread on the same subject.

Posted by: BlueIce.6951

BlueIce.6951

I just checked my points again and I should have 34 but only have 22.

completed points according to my account achievements:

Story Journal: 8 total
gates of maguuma – gates of maguuma episode – 1
entaglement – entaglement episode – 1
the dragon’s reach, part 1 – the dragon’s reach, part 1 episode – 1
the dragon’s reach, part 2 – the dragon’s reach, part 2 episode – 1
echoes of the past – echoes of the past episode – 1
tangled paths – tangled paths episode – 1
seeds of truth – seeds of truth episode – 1
point of no return – points of no return episode – 1

General: 26
Hero -from howl to silence-1
Hero -for the legion!-1
Hero -a friend in deed-1
Hero -waking from the nightmare-1
Hero -this far, no further-1
Hero -the cost of victory-1
Hero -crime and punishment-1
Hero -a season of growth-1
Hero -bloodying the past-1
Hero -storming the castle-1
Hero -defending history, informing the future-1
Hero -brawn over brains-1
Hero -master of heroics-1
Hero -family reunion-1
Hero -some must fight, that all may be free-1
Hero -dungeons discovered-1
Hero -legacy code-1
Hero -rising to the challenge-1
Hero -been there, done that-1
Hero -branching out-1
Hero -savior of tyria-1
Hero -graduation day-1
Hero -to know the unknown-1
Hero -something lost, something gained-1
Hero -things best left behind-1
jumping puzzles – hidden garden – 1
explorer – lion’s arch exterminator – 1

Posted by: neelith.5613

neelith.5613

Hero -for the legion!-1
Hero -a friend in deed-1
Hero -family reunion-1
Hero -legacy code-1
Hero -branching out-1
Hero -savior of tyria-1
Hero -graduation day-1

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/central-Tyria-mastery-points-non-HOT/first#post5814303

Posted by: BlueIce.6951

BlueIce.6951

Hero -for the legion!-1
Hero -a friend in deed-1
Hero -family reunion-1
Hero -legacy code-1
Hero -branching out-1
Hero -savior of tyria-1
Hero -graduation day-1

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/central-Tyria-mastery-points-non-HOT/first#post5814303

Neelith – I am not following your point. I saw that post that states you get the point as soon as you start the chapter. I had already completed all of the storylines and should have had all of the points.

If you were pointing out about posting an in-game bug, I have multiple times. I have also posted online when I first noticed this. The thread I posted in was merged into the others.

Please forgive my ignorance, I am trying to understand.

Posted by: Philemon.3582

Philemon.3582

Hmm. Apparently my post was merged here even though it was a completely different issue… I am missing my world completion Gifts of Exploration, not any mastery points. I guess they saw me mention “mastery point” and didn’t actually read my post.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Hmm. Apparently my post was merged here even though it was a completely different issue… I am missing my world completion Gifts of Exploration, not any mastery points. I guess they saw me mention “mastery point” and didn’t actually read my post.

lol, not the first time I see it happening. Any case, not sure if a merge can be undone but anyhow you may try to report your own post giving as reason that it was merged incorrectly. It will flag it for mods to take a look at it.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Anet tells me this can’t happen, but it just happened to me three days or so ago.

The last three mastery points in Pact Commander are by achievement ONLY, so I did achievements until two out of three were lit.

Knowing I had ONE more mastery point to go, I watched carefully, because I know GW2 loses things and it has a penchant for losing things out of my account – this is the fifth thing taken wrongly from my account alone – so I know there are many others who are NOT watching their accounts as carefully but they aren’t getting these mastery points either.

This isn’t a glitch, this is a database calculation error. Period.

Here are the pics – first the stars, two out of three are lit.

Then, after the LAST mastery point they all reset to STILL needing three.

…And Anet has sent me 13 emails arguing instead of helping me get back those three mastery points I absolutely earned.

Please understand that I posted the pictures in the order they happened.

I had two out of three stars in Pact Commander LIT.

Now all three are back to being dark and I can’t even touch Pact Commander – it’s totally grayed out.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

atheria.2837

I am now up to five items that have been wrongly counted (taken) from my account – maybe it’s a good thing you were accidentally posted in here.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

atheria.2837

Hello and I am also posting this here; in the bug forum; I am missing 10 mastery points and I am currently hoping that the ANet folks are looking into this. I took 2-3 weeks for the forum mods to combine all the posts about this and then another 2 weeks for the first ANet person to post that they “might” be aware of it. I have and will continue to submit weekly bug reports; I would do it daily but that might seem offensive. I guess that the high volume of errors created by the release of HoT has put this one as a low priority. Central Tyria is the forgotten country now; and the 60+pages of problems in the shiny new areas and events are to be considered more important than this. I agree w/the above poster that it is a good idea for me to play less since I am very unimpressed w/the “expansion” and such. I could go on and on w/my feedback but it is mostly negative and I know that negative feedback is not welcomed by ANet. Sad that this is the new reality of the world.

I am now missing three mastery points.

Anet just told me, today, that this has never happened before.

Did they return the points?

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

You’ve spent points on a fractal mastery between those to screenshots. You have 2 completed in the first screenshot and 3 in the second. If you hadn’t intended to do that it could explain where your points went.

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Just checked in game, as the wiki is currently down, and the 3rd fractal mastery costs 3 points, so that exactly lines up with with the number of points you’re seeing now. It would also explain the arguments with CS, because if you’re telling them you’re missing three points when in fact they’ve been unintentionally spent on a different mastery, your number of points will look correct.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I show 14 missing. I still have the fractal collection to complete so if that doesn’t count then it would be 15.

There are 80 mastery points for Tyria. There are 49 mastery points that can be spent on masteries. I’m showing an excess of 17 mastery points which includes the fractal collection one that I haven’t completed yet..

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

Anet tells me this can’t happen, but it just happened to me three days or so ago.

The last three mastery points in Pact Commander are by achievement ONLY, so I did achievements until two out of three were lit.

Knowing I had ONE more mastery point to go, I watched carefully, because I know GW2 loses things and it has a penchant for losing things out of my account – this is the fifth thing taken wrongly from my account alone – so I know there are many others who are NOT watching their accounts as carefully but they aren’t getting these mastery points either.

This isn’t a glitch, this is a database calculation error. Period.

Here are the pics – first the stars, two out of three are lit.

Then, after the LAST mastery point they all reset to STILL needing three.

…And Anet has sent me 13 emails arguing instead of helping me get back those three mastery points I absolutely earned.

Please understand that I posted the pictures in the order they happened.

I had two out of three stars in Pact Commander LIT.

Now all three are back to being dark and I can’t even touch Pact Commander – it’s totally grayed out.

Agreed with Stitch, it seems like you spent the 3 mastery points on Fractal Mastery in between the screenshots. From the screenshot the fractal mastery went from 2/4 to 3/4, it costs 3 mastery point to do that, so probably you spent it there by mistake.

If it is indeed the case, perhaps you can ask CS to refund those 3 points from fractals. Not sure if they can do that though.

PS : For most of the missing achievements on this old page, its because people are counting the Hero achievements for personal story as one per chapter per race, while it is only one per chapter (once you get it as a race, you cant get it as another race) as clarified by a link somewhere up there.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

You’ve spent points on a fractal mastery between those to screenshots. You have 2 completed in the first screenshot and 3 in the second. If you hadn’t intended to do that it could explain where your points went.

Just checked in game, as the wiki is currently down, and the 3rd fractal mastery costs 3 points, so that exactly lines up with with the number of points you’re seeing now. It would also explain the arguments with CS, because if you’re telling them you’re missing three points when in fact they’ve been unintentionally spent on a different mastery, your number of points will look correct.

Agreed with Stitch, it seems like you spent the 3 mastery points on Fractal Mastery in between the screenshots. From the screenshot the fractal mastery went from 2/4 to 3/4, it costs 3 mastery point to do that, so probably you spent it there by mistake.

PS : For most of the missing achievements on this old page, its because people are counting the Hero achievements for personal story as one per chapter per race, while it is only one per chapter (once you get it as a race, you cant get it as another race) as clarified by a link somewhere up there.

Thanks to Stitch and Zakurichi to making it clear this is not a game issue but is a case of user misunderstanding or user error. The Customer Support Team has worked diligently with this player, and I just spoke with the lead and they will continue to try to explain what is going on. But end of the day, this is not a game issue.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)