Moorwatch Tower Vista Bug[Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I’ve been in Diessa Plat for over 4 hour tonight and the harpy event didn’t occur once. As said before, I’m on Piken Square (EU). People are near the cattlepult almost constantly but noone can interact with it in any way.

Posted by: MissKittin.1657

MissKittin.1657

Maybe I’m being unreasonable…

But when the game engine tells me “This content has been disabled… Please try again later”. I shouldn’t have to come to a forum, wade through 5 pages and then find out that it works if you stand around the side?

Might be just me though

Overall, I like this game…
But I’m concerned about where it seems to be heading!
Distinctly less shiny than it once was

Paradox.5498

Maybe I’m being unreasonable…

But when the game engine tells me “This content has been disabled… Please try again later”. I shouldn’t have to come to a forum, wade through 5 pages and then find out that it works if you stand around the side?

Might be just me though

The disabled content’s nothing to do with the vista unfortunately. But even if you know that, you can’t get to the vista on Piken Square.

Posted by: Joviti.2410

Joviti.2410

This is not working on the Sanctum of Rall server, it hasn’t been at least for 3 weeks.

Posted by: Thermidor.3749

Thermidor.3749

On Ring of fire server the events fending of harps and launching 5 cows work but when the launcher is on Autolaunch I get “This content has been disabled” its the last vista for my area completion and am not been able to take it for the last week ive been going back there everyday to check…

Would love if they just remove this vista all together or make it not count till they fix it so ppl can actualy get there gifts of exploration.

Paradox.5498

I checked Diessa again last night and when I arrived at the cattlepult, the harpy event and test firing had just started. After the event, a couple more cows are fired in the general direction of the tower (and the harpy nests) and then the NPC says something like “Allright, playtime’s over, back to work”. After that, the cattlepult is set on “autolaunch” according to the NPC and players are able to interact with it. And it worked!

So, on Piken Square something seems to have been either fixed, or reset. Solved for me, now, let’s hope it lasts for others.

@ Thermidor: Make sure you interact directly with the cattlepult, at the side that faces the tower. The disabled content is something of a gamble game that was shut down for some reason, not the cattlepult. I think when you’re standing on the right spot and the cattlepult allows interaction, you see an option to “read the warning” or something like that.

(edited by Paradox.5498)

Posted by: Izuna.5307

Izuna.5307

not a bug u have to do event and after the last of cows 2 minutes later it auto shoots u

Posted by: rekon.2315

rekon.2315

OK, so I know the harpy event has to fire and you have to do the event then wait for the dialog of Mad Mardine…..

Im on Sanctum of Rall server. Been sitting at the catapult waiting for the HARPY event for a few hours now at separate times and IT NEVER FIRES or STARTS.

Is there something that has to be done to TRIGGER the HARPY EVENT or is it on a timer and if so.. WHAT IS THE TIMER?

Could a GW2 employee that KNOWS answer this for us?! This is WASTING all our times as we sit and wait for this HARPY Event that doesnt ever seem to fire on Sanctum of Rall server and apparently other servers as well.

Thank you for your time!

Posted by: alteriel valie.4751

alteriel valie.4751

I’m reporting this vista every day and nothing happens,come on folks do something with this vista i need to complete the map!!
Why i have to go every day there to see if the vista works!!

Posted by: Snakeshadow.8074

Snakeshadow.8074

[Update Gandara Server] Event is bugged. One cow remains and Tigh SnatchSkull is roaming aimlessly around the catapult looking for cows…

This same exact scenario is happening on Stormbluff Isle now, 1 cow stands in same exact spot all day next to cannon and moron assistant walks past it in a circle around the cannon. I’m waiting all day to get this last vista and can’t because of this bug, can something please be done? I need this for my Legendary.

Posted by: Avenda.7625

Avenda.7625

After all the people having the exact same problem, why cant this cattlepult business just be put out of the event loop? Come on already! Players shouldn’t have to waist thier valuable time waiting for something that should be accesable when ever you get to it. To have it other wise just seems to be some Dev’s sick idea of a joke. Hope ther’re getting their kicks, cause alot of us aren’t.

Posted by: Snakeshadow.8074

Snakeshadow.8074

Well out of desperation I just transferred to a different server, and right when I logged back in the guy launched his last cow and I was able to then launch myself and complete the map, so that’s one solution for now…

Posted by: rnot.5067

rnot.5067

This same exact scenario is happening on Stormbluff Isle now, 1 cow stands in same exact spot all day next to cannon and moron assistant walks past it in a circle around the cannon. I’m waiting all day to get this last vista and can’t because of this bug, can something please be done? I need this for my Legendary.

Yep, I can confirm this is happening on Stormbluff Isle. For at least the past 20 hours it has been this way, I check back every now and then and it is the same situation. I really hope ANet has plans to do rolling server resets soon or has a fix for this in the next update — it’s the last thing I need for Map Completion!

Posted by: Avenda.7625

Avenda.7625

FYI After the patch Dec. 3rd on Tarnished Coast the Cattlepult is up and working. (For now) Still think they should remove the event from being the “key” element to getting this vista….

Posted by: Fatheed.2083

Fatheed.2083

Exact same problem on Underworld

Posted by: madd.7183

madd.7183

I tried all day yesterday and it didnt work , honestly its bug please fix soon its disrupting my 100% completion also why is there an event before a vista ? its the only vista in the game that works like that .

Posted by: adamforever.9078

adamforever.9078

Same situation at blacktide. The other guy is only circling cannon launcher

Posted by: kyrmadril.7581

kyrmadril.7581

It’s the same for Northern Shiverpeaks.

It’s been like that for at least 48 hours now… Really frustrating….

Posted by: Orarri.3685

Orarri.3685

Devona’s Rest. One cow stands still, assistant walks in circle, event never happens, can’t interact with cattlepult at all. I just started playing gw2 a week ago… cant believe this bug is 6 months old?

Posted by: Tenarii.3425

Tenarii.3425

Sea of Sorrows. Still have this problem.

Posted by: Guss.3187

Guss.3187

Like the topic says…broken…still…again…please fix

Posted by: Sartori.1962

Sartori.1962

Having trouble too getting this quest/de to pop. Been hanging around the area all afternoon. Been 5 of us trying to get this last vista.

Will a moderator please respond to this and give us some indication if its a bug, or what…

This is on Dragonbrand by the way

Thanks

(edited by Sartori.1962)

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Thank you to everyone who posted your server name here; we found out that the event was blocked on some servers, but not others. We’re currently looking into what we can do to prevent the related event from breaking.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Sartori.1962

Okay, its working on Dragonbrand now,

Thanks!!

Posted by: Struder.9286

Struder.9286

On server Anvil Rock I did the event, and after defeating the harpies I had to place a bet for how far the cows will land, 50 silver for each bet, you only get 3 chances, won 2 gold as he gives you 50 silver for each bet, nice 2 gold for guessing how far cows land which is realy funny to watch them fly through the air and land on the Harpies .

RIP City of Heroes
i5-4690k @ 4.2Ghz/MSI Z97 gaming 5/H100i GTX Cooler/G-Skill 16GB/EVGA GTX 560Ti/Smart 750W PSU

Posted by: Struder.9286

Struder.9286

Forgot to mention that you have to make sure at least 3 cows are left alive for the contact to ask you to make a bet, and start the catapult.

RIP City of Heroes
i5-4690k @ 4.2Ghz/MSI Z97 gaming 5/H100i GTX Cooler/G-Skill 16GB/EVGA GTX 560Ti/Smart 750W PSU

Sartori.1962

You don’t have to bet if you don’t want too, just say you don’t want to wager each time he asks…after he’s done experimenting again he will ask Tigh to go get more cows. Then you can interact with the catapult

Posted by: RemovedQuasar.6108

RemovedQuasar.6108

I can’t finish my 100% map because this kitten catapult doesen’t work! I talked to the charr, i did all the events but the catapult doesen’t work, the “gear” doesent appear on my mouse and i can’t use the catapult! (i’m from Rinf of Fire).

ps: sorry for my bad english.

Please fix this kitten bug! I explored Orr and i can’t finish the map cause a ridicolus bug? Absurde!

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Face the side round thing on the cowtapult after the harpy attack, the Charr doesn’t do it nor does the betting (just don’t bet ever). Its just a bad location for the thing and not necessarily a bug.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

RemovedQuasar.6108

So i can use the catapult only after few sec/min after the event with harpies? .-.

Crap .-.

RemovedQuasar.6108

Well the event is bugged! Mad Merdine say that his assistant he’s away for taking cattle but the assistant he’s near the catapult!

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Hi,
it seems that it doesn’t work on Drakkar Lake [DE]. Mad Mardine doesn’t offer the option to use the cattlepult and it seems that the event with the harpies doesn’t trigger.

Please fix it! :-)

Posted by: Air Tap.1890

Air Tap.1890

I’ve been trying it for a couple of days now and can’t get it to work.
Mardine says he sent Tigh to Dawnright Estate, but (from my account) he’s simply been circling mardine for the past X hours.
Hoping this gets fixed (if it is indeed as broken as it seems to be) as it’s the last thing I have to do to complete the area.
Edit: I’m on Gandara, knew I would end up forgetting something! Haha. Thanks Navi.

(edited by Air Tap.1890)

Navi.7142

I think it would be helpful if you include on which server you are. :-) (it doesn’t affect every event on every server if one or some more have problems. ^^)

Posted by: KantidMM.6291

KantidMM.6291

Blacktide. I was in the area about 6-8 hours but have not been activated event. Just ask in the general channel, but no one could poddverdit activation of the event.
If there are any changes or information of this problem, where you can read/know about them?

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Busted on Devonas Rest

Posted by: Ed of Death.4819

Ed of Death.4819

Bugged on Yaks Bend as well.

Navi.7142

It is working again after they recently updated the game.

Ed, did you speak to the cattlepult itself? It is not Mad Mardine who let you use it, instead you have to interact with the cattlepult.

Posted by: Gekks.7285

Gekks.7285

Bugged on yaks bend – been trying all day. Stuck at 99% map because of this
very frustrating situation since this bug has been going on for a while now…

Posted by: Steve.9148

Steve.9148

Event not triggering and machine unusable/vista not reachable on PIKEN SQUARE

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Yak’s Bend still has this vista bugged. Harpies never showed up and we could not trigger the event that would have allowed us to get to the vista using the catapult.

This particular event has been a problem for several months now and the last time I tried to get it, I got a message saying this event was disabled. No message this time, however, I was able to speak with the npc.

Note: I submitted an in-game bug report on this as well.

Attachments:

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Sea of Sorrows still have this problem

Posted by: Fluffy.6837

Fluffy.6837

Yea still bugged, the guy getting the cows is just walking in ring around the cannon, i bug reportet it as well

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Thank you to everyone who posted your server name here; we found out that the event was blocked on some servers, but not others. We’re currently looking into what we can do to prevent the related event from breaking.

This post was 10 days ago. As of yesterday I did not see it fixed when I tried to obtain the vista.

Posted by: Carter.3865

Carter.3865

Still not fixed
Piken Square server.

Posted by: Gekks.7285

Gekks.7285

still stuck at 99% for the map on jaks bend because of this bug…the event never pops up and I have afk’d the area on my pc for hours at a time…

Posted by: Mira Samar.9872

Mira Samar.9872

The cattlepult seems to be bugged in Diessa Plateau on Tarnished Coast server.
Can’t click it to use it and the events leading up to its use are not triggering. Anyone else having this issue on any other servers?

(edited by Mira Samar.9872)

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Navi.7142

Jeffrey, it’s very nice of you to link him/ her there, but there is no statement either in that thread here or there what you are doing with this bugged vista.

Are you working on it? Will you fix it permanently?
Can we expect that it will work (temporary or permanently) after the next server restart/ update?

It’s not helpful to link to another thread where just more people are wondering what will be done to that issue.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I linked directly to a comment by a developer.

“We’re currently looking into what we can do to prevent the related event from breaking.”