NPC's moving in Lion's Arch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Airwolf.5287

Airwolf.5287

I have noticed this for a while now, but some npcs in Lion’s Arch have been moved around or being moved around from their normal location. They are either in the water or some ways away from the normal spot where they stand. i.e. the repairs npc is in the water just below the steps, and the first bank npc is outside on the steps, the merchant outside of the Bank/Guild Bank area pushed back.

The Guardian skill trainer moved in front of the Elementalist trainer and the Master Tailor npc moved back into the water, but those went back to normal while others still remain out of place.

I only notice this every time I log into the game when I haven’t been playing for a while. I don’t actually see them being moved.

Does anyone else see this and if so, is there a skill that is doing this perhaps?

This is on the Maguuma server.

(edited by Airwolf.5287)

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

It’s caused by Guardians moving them. This bug was mentioned about a month ago, started getting really abused three weeks ago, and still has not be corrected.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s not a single issue, so it’s probably not simple to fix. It’s also a helpful tool to un-stick event/SP/heart NPCs.

1. The guardian skill “line of warding” creates a barrier against foes, however it also will move friendlies away from the guardian.
  2. Some NPCs are not affected, some are.
  3. A few players think it’s funny to move NPCs away from their standard location, .e.g. moving a merchant into the bushes so they cannot be easily found.

There are a couple of different ways to resolve it, none of them simple: overhaul the skill so it never moves friendlies (that might or might not have been the original design); tweak every NPC so they are unaffected; or start suspending players who move the NPC.

The best way to get ANet to act is to report each example of a moved NPC — if everyone does this, then it will be faster for the report team to find griefers and go after them. It will also give ANet a better idea of how frequent the issue is, allowing them to reprioritize the issue so it’s more likely to be addressed sooner.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: the kirin.8120

the kirin.8120

please fix the bug asap, it’s hard to talk to npc when they all stuck together.
either you guys fix the bug or just ban these guy who use the bug to push
npc around