Necromancer minion problems

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Vextra.6592

Vextra.6592

Is anyone else having trouble with their minions? Since the last update any time I get a short distance in front of my minions they all die. I have done everything I can think of to fix this but don’t understand what is happening. Is this a new limitation or something? Is anyone else having this problem? Also when I use a wp it kills them. This has always happened when traveling from one area to another but not within the same area. Now it kills them no matter how close the wp is.

Posted by: Alonning.9732

Alonning.9732

I just notice I had the same exactly problem. I’ve investigating ingame and it seems the minions die just when you change the area within the same map, from a region to another. I reported the bug, because this is a nonesense, but it would be perfect if there’s soon some information about it. I can’t play my necromancer this way, I only use minions in my build!

Posted by: Kim.4152

Kim.4152

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Minons-level-scaling-Flesh-of-the-Master/

The problem is with the Flesh of the Master trait according to the above link. Supposedly, if you choose a different trait instead, you will no longer have this problem. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Minons-level-scaling-Flesh-of-the-Master

A temporary workaround until they get to correcting the despawning behavior is to not use the “Flesh of the Master” trait in the Major slot of the Death Magic trait line. This trait is what is causing your minions to despawn when crossing between level-adjusting regional lines of a zone.

edit
Sniped by Kim by just a few seconds. :P

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Mast R Card.7546

Mast R Card.7546

I reported the same bug. Took me a while to figure out, but it is when you cross the line from one zone to another within the same map that they die. A good example is if you run due west from the WP at Krennak’s Homestead toward the vista in Wayfarer Hills. Right when you get to the far edge of the frozen lake, they will die. Another is if you run due north from the WP at Tequatl (forget the name), they die right as you get to the “East Battery”. Hopefully they will fix this soon, it makes necro MM impossible.