Network Error w/Code

Network Error w/Code

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RDarken.2495

RDarken.2495

I don’t think the issue is so much that it’s a couple of hours of downtime. I think the problem is that it’s right in the middle of prime reset time. For T1 servers, and folks who exclusively – or almost exclusively – play WvW, this is kind of a big hit to their playtime for the week/month/whatever. The best action is typically during reset nights. So I can understand the frustration of WvW players who are affected by a beta they are not even participating in.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Siena.2840

Siena.2840

I deal with major companies like Dell, SanDisk, Lenovo, and HP… they would have your head on a platter right now..

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Barsity,
you really should go try other games if 1-2 hours of downtime once in a blue moon is such a big deal for you. For instance, SWTOR used to bring all the servers down for 2-4 hours every 2-4 weeks just to roll the new build over not mentioning hot-fixes etc.

This is literally first long downtime in 3 years and it does not even affect all players. Just sit back and relax a bit while they are working on it, they brought people back to the office on Friday midnight and you still kittening about it is just ridiculous.

That would be fine, if useless, advice on any other night than WVW reset.

CCCP….

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Yes, seriously… doing any sort of beta on reset night is an idea not well thought out. The beta should have started Saturday morning. This is my ONE night of the week that I can spend the night in here and that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen at this point.

… just call me … Tim :)

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Kuulpb.5412

Kuulpb.5412

I know it seems like Arenanet doesn’t care, but at the current moment, they are trying to fix a UI that will affect a HUGE percentage of their PvE Playerbase,

Why does ONLY Pve matter? Seriously… once again my Mike O’Obrien post comes into play. kitten THAT!

yes messages might have been Helpful, but that is the past, so They are working to make UI compatible with their PvE content, and I’m sure at some point in the future, After they schedule specific events and etc etc, they will do a WvW based feature Patch or somehting that will make it somehow better, Such as More Maps, Maybe the possibility of more servers fighting eachother at once? hmmmmmmmmmm?

They have been awful at announcing betas for WvW content…. And should have just released it to all to see real “server” beta’ing for realsies. The fact they only selecte certain accounts/guilds for WvW means they give no kittens about beta’ing it for real.

You’re forgetting, The expansion is PvE Based. THE LIVING STORY. Anyway, as I read earlier in this thread, This is one fo the first LONG downtimes of GW2 in 3 years, thinking over it, yes It is. And Moaning about WvW on “reset night” because “you want to be so pro” or you enjoy it, isn’t going to help anyone. Take my advice, get a drink and calm down. Wait for Arenanet to finish their repairs. You’re blowing this out of proportion by claiming Arenanet doens’t care about wvw or Mike O’brien doens;‘t or whatever. They may HATE wvw for all w eknow, but they do it anyway because it’s a playstyle they have. At the moment they are working on somehting else, and later they will work on somethign else. Just stay calm and please stop ranting about how you think this is outrageous that Anet had downtime.

Some days I feel like I can’t go on…. and then I eat Garlic.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Elrenia Hothien.4657

Elrenia Hothien.4657

It’s a big deal to us spending gold in WvW, tagging up with our guild and getting kicked out. This is the worst night it could happen on. It’s all good because I am only in Tier 6 Server but I could not imagine being in a competitive 1,2 or tier 3 server, people would freak!

Thanks for the updates but please fix this </3

~Please subscribe to my channel A_bAnAnA’s YouTube
~You can follow me on Twitter Teh_bAnAnA’s Twitter

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Robotmoxie.4025

Robotmoxie.4025

Baristy, without putting too blunt a head on it, I think you’ve expressed well enough to everyone in this thread exactly how upset you are with the current state of affairs.

We get it, is what I’m saying. We get you. The message you’re putting out there has been received.

If you want to hold the employees at Arenanet personally culpable for ruining your Friday evening, that’s fine. Your Friday evening is, it seems, going to continue to be ruined until a fix patch comes out.

But at this time I think you’ve made the same point repeatedly, and it’s starting to get a little tiresome watching the thread update only to find you repeating yourself yet again.

This was bad for WvW. This was bad for Tequatl. This was bad for Raids, because you can’t effectively organize for one without a tag- even if they turned out not to open anyway.

Can you do like everyone else in this thread and just keep us posted on whether you can get in or not? I’d like it if you could go back to having an enjoyable Friday night, even if it is somewhat delayed and soured by this experience.

And on that note, it’s getting closer to two hours since I got knocked out while switching characters, and my most recent attempt to load in was met with the same network error as ever.

I wonder what causes the problem to be more persistent for some users than others?

Network Error w/Code

Kuulpb.5412

Yes, seriously… doing any sort of beta on reset night is an idea not well thought out. The beta should have started Saturday morning. This is my ONE night of the week that I can spend the night in here and that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen at this point.

Reset night is eveyr week friday, correct? The betas are planned for weekends as they are usually when people don’t have Education/work, correct? It’s just a few hours. this isn’t going to skew the entire WvW system, eveyrone on All servers have the same thing, some people unable to enter. it’s not just you.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Banrigh.5932

Banrigh.5932

attempted the “-repair” thing… didn’t work. guess i just have to wait til tomorrow. going to watch an episode of Falling Skies and go to bed.

thanks for the updates Chris and Gaile and for all the hard work your team is doing to get this issue fixed!

Banrigh
Disa Wyrmhunter – Druid/Ranger
Fort Aspenwood

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: RDarken.2495

RDarken.2495

I know it seems like Arenanet doesn’t care, but at the current moment, they are trying to fix a UI that will affect a HUGE percentage of their PvE Playerbase,

Why does ONLY Pve matter? Seriously… once again my Mike O’Obrien post comes into play. kitten THAT!

yes messages might have been Helpful, but that is the past, so They are working to make UI compatible with their PvE content, and I’m sure at some point in the future, After they schedule specific events and etc etc, they will do a WvW based feature Patch or somehting that will make it somehow better, Such as More Maps, Maybe the possibility of more servers fighting eachother at once? hmmmmmmmmmm?

They have been awful at announcing betas for WvW content…. And should have just released it to all to see real “server” beta’ing for realsies. The fact they only selecte certain accounts/guilds for WvW means they give no kittens about beta’ing it for real.

You’re forgetting, The expansion is PvE Based. THE LIVING STORY. Anyway, as I read earlier in this thread, This is one fo the first LONG downtimes of GW2 in 3 years, thinking over it, yes It is. And Moaning about WvW on “reset night” because “you want to be so pro” or you enjoy it, isn’t going to help anyone. Take my advice, get a drink and calm down. Wait for Arenanet to finish their repairs. You’re blowing this out of proportion by claiming Arenanet doens’t care about wvw or Mike O’brien doens;‘t or whatever. They may HATE wvw for all w eknow, but they do it anyway because it’s a playstyle they have. At the moment they are working on somehting else, and later they will work on somethign else. Just stay calm and please stop ranting about how you think this is outrageous that Anet had downtime.

Agreed that the hyperbole is unnecessary, but who knows what Barsity has going on his his life. Maybe reset night is a bigger deal to him than it would be to you, you know?

And, again, it is probably pretty frustrating to get locked out of your favorite part of the game on the best night to play because of a beta you aren’t participating in.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Barsity.9408

Barsity.9408

Barsity,
you really should go try other games if 1-2 hours of downtime once in a blue moon is such a big deal for you. For instance, SWTOR used to bring all the servers down for 2-4 hours every 2-4 weeks just to roll the new build over not mentioning hot-fixes etc.

This is literally first long downtime in 3 years and it does not even affect all players. Just sit back and relax a bit while they are working on it, they brought people back to the office on Friday midnight and you still kittening about it is just ridiculous.

This is pretty much it. My guild runs reset in mass. And tomorrow planned to fore go WvW on our T1 server to try out raiding, but now… We had a few locked out and it is dumb that I don’t even know if we can login tomorrow all for PVE content that already has a semi-guide on it on reddit.

Lireil [SG] – Blackgate

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

Squad UI is a huge feature for WvW… you get that right? What they’re trying to beta test right now is for your benefit too. Did it occur to you that the new map might not actually need all that much testing while the squad UI (obviously) does?

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

Network Error w/Code

Balthazzarr.1349

Barsity,

Also, they schedule their updates / maintenance. Just as WoW does on a specific day and they do NOT apply maintenance on the spur of the moment while players are heavily involved in their WvW, Dungeons, etc. ANet does most updates on Tuesday’s it seems but also at any time of the day or night regardless of who is doing what.

lol.. and of course they brought people back to the office. They broke it.. they need to fix it… sheesh

Just not a good way to build happiness in your users.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Barsity.9408

Barsity.9408

You’re forgetting, The expansion is PvE Based.

It contains the ONLY serious WvW update we had in a while… So No. You are wrong!

Lireil [SG] – Blackgate

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I think I should point something out: The game is not down. We’re not having a game outage here. It’s true that some players are not able to join, but the game is still accessible — I’m in it now. It is, for some players, not available, that’s true. And we regret that very much.

Anyway, while I appreciate people pointing out we’ve had very little down time in our history, and that’s very true, this isn’t down time, in the true definition of the word. Just had to say.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Robotmoxie.4025

Robotmoxie.4025

Whoa, speak of the devil- my patience paid off. I’m finally back in!

Best of luck to all of you. Waiting’s no fun. Just try to stay positive, okay? See you ingame.

Network Error w/Code

Kuulpb.5412

Squad UI is a huge feature for WvW… you get that right? What they’re trying to beta test right now is for your benefit too. Did it occur to you that the new map might not actually need all that much testing while the squad UI (obviously) does?

Yes, i do know what commander tags are used for, i’m not an idiot. All i’m saying is, They are adding 10 man content into GW2 with hoT, Which requires Raid Squads, which is a tag. HoT is PvE based, so complaining about WvW so much ins’t goign to help them progress their PvE/WvW sqaud system, it’ll just mean they keep putting it off, or do it during the week when eveyrone is mid-wvw

Network Error w/Code

Kuulpb.5412

You’re forgetting, The expansion is PvE Based.

It contains the ONLY serious WvW update we had in a while… So No. You are wrong!

Is Living Season WvW Based? Is Stronghold WvW based? Excuse me, but I doubt it’s WvW Base,d and it’s not PvP based, it’s more PvE based.

Prove to me HoT is WvW based and not PvE based and then I am wrong, if not. then shush.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Fictitious.4196

Fictitious.4196

Please tag up a-net then log out, and see if you can still be part of the “game”

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: inharmonic.1975

inharmonic.1975

Yes, i do know what commander tags are used for, i’m not an idiot. All i’m saying is, They are adding 10 man content into GW2 with hoT, Which requires Raid Squads, which is a tag. HoT is PvE based, so complaining about WvW so much ins’t goign to help them progress their PvE/WvW sqaud system, it’ll just mean they keep putting it off, or do it during the week when eveyrone is mid-wvw

lol mid-wvw

Buttersnips [SG]

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Mitchking.9823

Mitchking.9823

any eta on the fix? been waiting for like 2 hours and 20 mins

Network Error w/Code

Balthazzarr.1349

I think I should point something out: The game is not down. We’re not having a game outage here. It’s true that some players are not able to join, but the game is still accessible — I’m in it now.

So I appreciate people pointing out we’ve had very little down time in our history, and that’s very true, but this isn’t down time, in the true definition of the word. Just had to say.

lol, yes that’s true the game is not down. I am watching the WvW progress on my iphone app. In the meantime I still can’t get in… on this, the only night that I have the total freedom to play all night. Yes I’m in the minority… but does that really mean I should shut up and not be annoyed? That doesn’t make sense to me… I’m not ranting and raving… just clearly not pleased that in the middle of commanding a squad I got kicked from the game and can’t get back in… not fun.

Network Error w/Code

Trajan.4953

I think I should point something out: The game is not down. We’re not having a game outage here. It’s true that some players are not able to join, but the game is still accessible — I’m in it now.

So I appreciate people pointing out we’ve had very little down time in our history, and that’s very true, but this isn’t down time, in the true definition of the word. Just had to say.

Except that, for WvW at least, all the main commanders have been kicked and are denied access to the game play we love on, arguably, the most important night of the week.

We are the ones that create guilds, recruit players, train squads and teams, often finance all the siege and consumables, motivate and lead, our personalities are what players come for in all extremes. Reset is a big night for us. Some of us are just very disappointed right now.

CCCP….

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: ABRAVECABBAGE.7618

ABRAVECABBAGE.7618

Back in! Thanks Anet:)

Network Error w/Code

Balthazzarr.1349

HoT is PvE based? Have you even seen all the changes happening in WvW when the expansion comes in? Man read up on stuff before you fly out the door with broken wings…

Network Error w/Code

Kuulpb.5412

HoT is PvE based? Have you even seen all the changes happening in WvW when the expansion comes in? Man read up on stuff before you fly out the door with broken wings…

Again, excuse me for thinking Adding the revenant (rytlock) and other Living season stuff isn’t PvE based. and that Raids aren’t pvE base,d and the new maps in maguuma aren’t PvE based…

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Roy G Biv.1625

Roy G Biv.1625

Wish ya luck Anet. Can’t contact my guildies to leave the squad, but I’ll find something else to do and keep checking in (I had the commander tag, if that helps any).

Bati – Glorious Dappers [Caps]

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: AmadanMath.2409

AmadanMath.2409

Me too! Thanks, cavalry! \o/

Network Error w/Code

Trajan.4953

Ok, back in, apparently if you complain enough you get your way:)

TY A-Net.

CCCP….

Network Error w/Code

Balthazzarr.1349

Again, excuse me for thinking Adding the revenant (rytlock) and other Living season stuff isn’t PvE based. and that Raids aren’t pvE base,d and the new maps in maguuma aren’t PvE based…

oh sigh.. let’s not get into a battle of sillyness here… The expansion will affect ALL areas of the game. Not JUST PvE.. big changes to both areas.. That’s all I’m trying to say.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: ChrisiWisely.7164

ChrisiWisely.7164

I’m still could not connect in hope you can fix it fast

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Lanin.2145

Lanin.2145

Im Still could not connect >.<

Attachments:

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Hot Sauce.2867

Hot Sauce.2867

I think I should point something out: The game is not down. We’re not having a game outage here. It’s true that some players are not able to join, but the game is still accessible — I’m in it now. It is, for some players, not available, that’s true. And we regret that very much.

Anyway, while I appreciate people pointing out we’ve had very little down time in our history, and that’s very true, this isn’t down time, in the true definition of the word. Just had to say.

Just wanted to come in and say thanks for all of the hard work that you all are doing over there. I’m sure this isn’t how the team wanted to be spending their evenings… And I hope you can resolve it soon for your own sake as well as for those affected.

No one likes being stuck at the office 10 PM trying to fix something on implementation day… been there, done that, it’s no fun. Good luck and I (among others) really do appreciate the hard work going into fixing this!

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Fredelas.4702

Fredelas.4702

Arguing semantics in a thread full of already upset customers is unlikely to win the company much sympathy, in my opinion. This only makes it seem like these customers and their concerns are insignificant to the company.

And pointing out that you’re personally able to play the game in a thread where no one else is able to play is unlikely to win you much personal sympathy, either. Maybe it’s just a paper cut, but why rub salt and lemon juice in it?

Network Error w/Code

Kuulpb.5412

oh sigh.. let’s not get into a battle of sillyness here… The expansion will affect ALL areas of the game. Not JUST PvE.. big changes to both areas.. That’s all I’m trying to say.

I never said it’d ONLY affect PvE did I? No, i didn’t.

Network Error w/Code

Balthazzarr.1349

Well I’m happy for you lucky souls that are able to get back into the game.. I am gonna head out of here and off the computer since it doesn’t look like I’m gonna get in soon… and I’ve tried probably 100 times in the last hour.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Previous

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Next

We have not implemented a fix yet, players that are able to get back in have either waited 10 minutes and not logged back into the launcher/game (thus disbanding the squad they were in), or their squad has disbanded from players leaving the squad they were in.

ETA on Fix: Soon

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

Network Error w/Code

Balthazzarr.1349

lol, you said, and I quote: “HoT is PvE based”

If that doesn’t exclude WvW I don’t know what does… meh it doesn’t matter… bottom line is that it’s still broke.. and hopefully will get fixed by the next time I try to log in.

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

i’m literally crying inside… T_T

Network Error w/Code

Balthazzarr.1349

We have not implemented a fix yet, players that are able to get back in have either waited 10 minutes and not logged back into the launcher/game (thus disbanding the squad they were in), or their squad has disbanded from players leaving the squad they were in.

Hey there… odd thing is.. although I was commanding a group.. none were grouped in a squad with me.. all were just following as people do without using the squad feature… so that’s a little odd… Just thought I’d put that out there

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Banrigh.5932

Banrigh.5932

Trajan, WvW players are not the only people that “… are the ones that create guilds, recruit players, train squads and teams, (often finance all the siege and consumables), motivate and lead…” PvE folks do this as well. we may not need siege, but we do all the same things, just in dungeons and fractals and storylines.

• to everyone who’s ranting, kittening and moaning – i get your frustrations…. i still can’t get in hours later…. and i preordered the $99.99 HoT release, looking forward to the betas that i had not previously gotten to play. i am SERIOUSLY excited about the Ranger’s elite specialization the Druid, and can’t play it because i can’t get in. i was in WvW with my guild at the time, changing maps and got booted out, but do you see me ranting and raving? no. they are working on the problem. all of you are just going to have to find some patience and pull the sticks out of your butts.

Except that, for WvW at least, all the main commanders have been kicked and are denied access to the game play we love on, arguably, the most important night of the week.

We are the ones that create guilds, recruit players, train squads and teams, often finance all the siege and consumables, motivate and lead, our personalities are what players come for in all extremes. Reset is a big night for us. Some of us are just very disappointed right now.

Banrigh
Disa Wyrmhunter – Druid/Ranger
Fort Aspenwood

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Best of luck to all of you. Waiting’s no fun. Just try to stay positive, okay? See you ingame.

Glad to hear that. Thanks for reporting it — it gives hope to others who also are waiting.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Hot Sauce.2867

Hot Sauce.2867

Beautiful.

Network Error w/Code

Kuulpb.5412

Thank you so much for an incoming Fix, But I must say I Have checked every 25-30 mins or so, and Not been able to get past the character select screen wihtout Error 1022.

I suspect it’s just one of those things.

Network Error w/Code

Kuulpb.5412

If that doesn’t exclude WvW I don’t know what does… meh it doesn’t matter… bottom line is that it’s still broke.. and hopefully will get fixed by the next time I try to log in.

We shall agree that we like our own gamemodes! insert music of… somethign

Network Error w/Code

Balthazzarr.1349

We shall agree that we like our own gamemodes! insert music of… somethign

lol, agreed

Network Error w/Code

Kuulpb.5412

Glad to hear that, Robotmoxie. Thanks for reporting it — it gives hope to others who also are waiting.

Gaile, is it possible that the HoT Beta is extended by an extra day, or maybe just a few hours, because of this? and some form of compensation to the WvW players? nothing MAJOR. I’m not entirely sure what they could get other than WvW claim tickets xD

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

This is probably why they can’t beta the new WvW map with a sizable part of the community on the normal servers. If they did, even if the issues were as minor as it could get, the hardcore WvW players would just complain about how it spoiled their “prime time”.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

Network Error w/Code

Kuulpb.5412

This is probably why they can’t beta the new WvW map with a sizable part of the community on the normal servers. If they did, even if the issues were as minor as it could get, the hardcore WvW players would just complain about how it spoiled their “prime time”.

Very True.

I get GW2 isn’t a “hardcore only” game, and it isn’t a “Casual only” game, but both ends can ruin it, one going oh I cna’t do X, like explore, and one is I cna’;t do Y like, take control of said map to win wvw

Network Error w/Code

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Soon™

;)

I appreciate that you guys are up working on this.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast