New Krait Historian Achievement Bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

The Krait Historian achievement appears to be bugged. I have gone around twice to every obelisk (not a fun task) to ensure that I got them all. I’m still sitting at 23/24. And yes I know everyone is going to dismiss this as “you didn’t look hard enough” but I used the dulfy guide and counted going to 24 different locations and each one gave me the “You’ve learned all you can from this obelisk” message.

I think the bug might be related to the fact that I got interrupted during one of my caps by an enemy spawning. He attacked me and my commune cut off as you would expect. I proceeded to kill him, and then went back to cap. It gave me the message that it was already capped, so I figured that it had counted even though I was interrupted. I didn’t check my achievement tally at this point and I really should have, but I didn’t realize the implications until after doing this scavenger hunt twice.

Has anyone else had this problem? I know most people are going to dismiss this, but it would be nice if someone could at least entertain the possibility that it is bugged.

Thanks!

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Dana windfelt.8160

Dana windfelt.8160

I’m pretty much in the same boat — stuck at 23/24 and went back to every obelisk — Also same thing happened — I was interrupted while capping one (see attachment) in Mount Maelstrom.

Attachments:

Posted by: jackie.8324

jackie.8324

same for me.
also stuck at 23/24
and seems i also interrupted while capping one.

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

I had the same experience. Looking back, I do recall that on the farthest southeast shard in Kessex Hills, I tried to dash in and grab it without killing the krait first. I got interrupted. That may be what caused it for me. Regardless I went back through the entire 24 shards trying to find the one I missed. I got the message from each shard that I was done with that shard. Still stuck at 23/24.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Recheck Mount Maelstrom. Last I saw Dulfy’s guide, the pictures showed all 4 obelisks, but the guide only listed 3.

Maelstrom has 4 – one near treacherous depths, one west of old sledge, one in the krait tower scaffolding near the champion at the top, and one just north of that, underwater.

I thought this was bugged too, but on going though dulfy’s guide a second time I realized I’d forgotten the Maelstrom one near the champ – someone had pulled the champion to it, and I got distracted with fighting it, jumping off after to the next location, completely forgetting to go back and interact with the shard.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: ZTHawk.4872

ZTHawk.4872

I am stuck at 23/24 aswell. I checked all locations again and none can be used to progress.

Posted by: Thalion.1324

Thalion.1324

Same here. Stuck at 23/24 and all obelisks triple-checked.

EDIT:

Found the last uncharted obelisk. The achievement seems to work properly. I do apologize.

(edited by Thalion.1324)

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

23/24
Same problem here. I have been through them all twice and am working on going through them a third time.
I too was interrupted while channeling and went to continue but was given the message; “You’ve learned all you can from this obelisk”.
I only wish I knew which one had not counted.
EDIT: After patch I rechecked and the missing obelisk showed its head. Just a hunch but I think being interrupted right at the end of transcribing it by a newly spawned mob is what made it count but not count. Either way it worked so I hope others get their achievement too.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

(edited by Infernia.9847)

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

The same here and yes I got interrupted at least once too. I checked all obelisk shards again. All tell me, I have been there already. And yes even the fourth one in mount maelstrom. I did 10 achievements yesterday before todays patch. 4 in Kessex, 4 in Maelstrom, 1 in Caledon Forest and 1 in Timberline Fall. The rest during the last hours. Can’t finish this one currently.

EDIT:

Rechecked after relogging hours later and I found the last one finally. I am sure to have been there before, but who knows.

(edited by Grileenor.1497)

Posted by: LuBu.9086

LuBu.9086

Same for me, blocked at 23/24 runned 2 times checking every shard with dulfy

Commander Lady Sunny | Far Shiverpeaks WvW addict.
Member of [BloS]!

Posted by: Godless.1857

Godless.1857

Throwing my hat in too – 23/24 and I am positive I went to each one. Every one of them now says “You’ve learned all you can..” etc.

Posted by: Holydiver.2054

Holydiver.2054

Same here 23/24 hope they fix it soon!!!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’ve added this issue to the Tracker: Reported Bugs and Their Status [collaborative effort by players] sticky thread and linked to this thread. Hopefully it will be addressed soon by a dev.

Current Living World Content Issues (Hover on INFO for issue description)

• Tower of Nightmares
    • Achievement – Krait Historian: 23/24 Issue
      | INFO | Report Thread

Does this accurately describe the issue or should more info be added to the description?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Holion.5604

Holion.5604

revisted all 24 locations at least 3 times, still stuck 23/24 shards anet please help

LuBu.9086

Poste that on Reddit :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1pje3p/psa_dont_get_interrupted_while_transcribing_a/

And tried as suggested on reddit with a secondary character, the bug persist

Member of [BloS]!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Everyone I have talked to that had issues eventually got the achievement when they did not rush through when rechecking. Quite often they did and didn’t read the text completely resulting in them mistakenly assuming it said they had gotten it. A few others skipped shards entirely.

One of the reasons that I’m against using guides is for this very reason. People use them as a crutch and when they accidentally miss something on the guide, it’s assumed the achievement is bugged. Sometimes they are, and this one may as well, but it’s very rare and I have yet to see it be the case.

I suggest those struggling should make an actual list (verify you actually have 24 locations listed) and then revisit each one again. Do not check the location off until you see the text stating you had ready gotten it. For those just starting, do the same except don’t check it off until you see the count increase in the achievement panel. The key is to take your time and not rush it.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Thayel.1236

Thayel.1236

I have the same problem, 23/24 Went through all of them with a guildmate, rechecked and rechecked again. Yes I got the 4 in Malestrom including the one that is not listed right on dulffy. I did get interrupted on a couple of them the first time around, however on all my rechecks they all say that they were done.

Posted by: mrblue.8153

mrblue.8153

maybe its not a bugged i did my and i got all of it, maybe you guys miss one and at Mount Maelstrom there 4 Krait Obelisk Shards there..

Attachments:

(edited by mrblue.8153)

Posted by: Illharess.6509

Illharess.6509

I’m stuck on 22/24 myself. Some were saying that it may be because they did a couple obelisk shards before yesterday’s bug fixing patch. I’m pretty sure I only did two, then logged off for awhile to wait for a finished guide to find the rest, then finished the others after the patch. I’m positive I did all 24.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Also stuck at 23/24. I made certain I wasn’t interrupted but twice, some kitten dragged enemies into me while I was trying to transcribe.

I got every last shard. They ALL say I’ve visited them. Is this going to be another BS thing like the Aether key where we can’t get our achieve even though we’ve done it?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: soterios.3968

soterios.3968

Also stuck at 23/24. when i devoted time to getting all 24 (originally only had ones by witch’s) one the shards i went to in kessexs said i cannot learn more from it, even though i’m sure that was my first time at it

Posted by: Tomaytoe.7981

Tomaytoe.7981

Same i’ve submitted and in game bug with screenshot but it seem i am the only one who can’t get even one obelisk to count so cmon dev’s Help!

LuBu.9086

Okey guys i got it, apparently isn’t bugged, dulfy uploaded a new picture of this map

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/gw2-toxic-krait-historian-achievement-guide-mount-maelstrom2.jpg

And if you look closely there’s a new red circle near the [Old Sledge Site Waypoint] the one where Golem spawn, if you go there and you’ve 23/24 you’ll get the Achievement tested now ^^

Member of [BloS]!

(edited by LuBu.9086)

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Just because you had 23/24 and actually missed one doesn’t mean the rest of us didn’t double check every single one and still can’t get it.

I’ve been interrupted several times but was able to get them I believe, so I have no idea which one is corrupted for me. I hit each one twice and can’t get it. Not that a scroll of knowledge is something I’m interested in but it means that I also can’t get the meta…

Attachments:

Posted by: Holion.5604

Holion.5604

anet has been real helpful, after sumbitting a ticket, they told me to revisting all 24 shards again for the 4th time, and it still hasvnt fixed the problem. what a waste of time and silver.

Posted by: Eggs On Legs.4805

Eggs On Legs.4805

I’ve been to two and neither has counted. There were no enemies around and it did the animation but didn’t count either of them.

Posted by: Chordeiles.9062

Chordeiles.9062

I’m in the same boat but did each site 3 times just to be sure; yes I was interrupted 2 times in the first go around.; but check and got the requistite “already got all you can get” before leaving.

Posted by: ZBoss.5610

ZBoss.5610

Is anything being done about this? I haven’t seen any word from Devs confirming this bug, though it’s as clear as the SAB bug and completely a waste of time and gold double and triple checking when it’s the interruptions from attacks that are causing the competition to glitch out and not count.

Posted by: WorldNomad.9204

WorldNomad.9204

I am having exactly the same issue, been around twice now and still not registering it
If there anything that can be done and yes have found all 4 in Mount Maelstrom

Posted by: mjasa.5821

mjasa.5821

I am in the same boat, got 22/24. I know I did 2 of them before the patch but have been to all of them 3 times since and all say I can’t use them again. I wrote them down on paper so I am 100% sure I went to all but no achievement and yes it is BUGGED.

Posted by: ToDblD.9413

ToDblD.9413

Bugged and I am not happy about it

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

23/24 here….

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: dgperry.5964

dgperry.5964

I am also stuck on 23/24 and I have gone through each one again (yes, there are 24) and all said that I had gathered the shard.

Posted by: dgperry.5964

dgperry.5964

It would help if there were a history of what one did and the time it was done. One could then check to make sure one did not miss something.

Posted by: Ezraneut.7253

Ezraneut.7253

Same problem here! Got past all of them, but still on 22/24. Hope this is fixed soon.

Posted by: Bigzam.8796

Bigzam.8796

23/24 same thing. bummer.

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

My problem is close to the same except I can’t even get the first one. I visited 2 of them and it wont give me the first tier. It just says “leave” when I press F to transcribe.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

As far as I’m aware, still bugged. Been over the shards with two characters, twice each. Any resolution on this topic?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Jillian Dark.7509

Jillian Dark.7509

I’m also stuck at 23/24 after double checking i didn’t miss anything. Really hope the something is going to be done about it…

(edited by Jillian Dark.7509)

Posted by: Muranodo.7201

Muranodo.7201

Was doing it last night; I was interrupted while channeling twice; it let me complete each one; it still stuck at 23/24. So not sure what went on. Double-checked.

Posted by: Sarada.9841

Sarada.9841

I have the same problem, got interrupted in some of the shards but it told me I had gotten the shard. Still 23/24.

Posted by: Dreadnought.5394

Dreadnought.5394

It’s been a while since that patch that came out to fix it. I just completed everything today including the Krait Historian, and low and behold after making TWO rounds to find what I missed it turns out that I didn’t miss any. Where is my completion at? 23/24
No bueno. I need some dev voodoo to fix that.