New POI in Divinity's Reach - inaccessible?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Liz.5921

Liz.5921

As of today, I have noticed there is a new point of interest located in the southern end of the Eastern Commons. I just finished doing world completion a couple days ago and I’m unsure if I still technically have it because of this missing one. I am assuming it is for the Dragon Bash event but I would really like to know why it is inaccessible. It’s blocked off by a gate. Myself, including 5 or so other players are currently trying to figure this out.

Any help please? Thank you.

EDIT: This issue has been fixed as of yesterday (6/13/2013). Finally got the POI.

Attachments:

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.

(edited by Liz.5921)

Posted by: Rowan.7501

Rowan.7501

I can not finish Divinity’s reach without it so i guess it counts towards map completion or its just a bug

Posted by: Lazarus Nex.6501

Lazarus Nex.6501

I can confirm that it is 100% inaccessible. I managed to get on the building for roughly 1/2 a second then I was relocated to in front of the Barred door. I can assume that the bug is more that the POI was added already it’s probably for upcoming content. They didn’t remove the Achievement list ((DELETE ME!)) so I’m guessing they just forgot to remove the tag for now.

Posted by: Rhonk.4283

Rhonk.4283

What’s more, I spotted a ‘sewer gate’ next to the new POI. I’m pretty sure it is part of the new content. But still, I also believe the POI is bugged.

Posted by: GenTech.5306

GenTech.5306

I have the same problem, Anet needs to be more clear about this… im anoyed by this

Posted by: Imperium.9056

Imperium.9056

confirmed as well. so bummed, just got my last two vistas in WvW for 100% World Competition,
thinking i was all done, chest reward came up, got the 2 gifts of exploration for the rewards,
but no achievement, or title, until i realized a POT was added today.

So im going to camp that closed gate lets hope they address this soon

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

A fix is in the works, sorry about that! The POI is just a tad out of discovery range. I don’t have an ETA on when the fix will go live.

Imperium.9056

thankyou so much for the quick reply, you guys rawk as always

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

A fix is in the works, sorry about that! The POI is just a tad out of discovery range. I don’t have an ETA on when the fix will go live.

Thanks, appreciate the quick response. I was pulling my hair out trying to get to it…glad to know it will be fixed.

Posted by: Cyrex.5486

Cyrex.5486

Any new info / solution date & time regarding the problem?

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Maybe it’ll be accessible when the four Dragon Bash Living Story quests go live…?

Posted by: kathleen.4702

kathleen.4702

any idea when this will be fixed?

Posted by: HandsxOfxSorrow.5901

HandsxOfxSorrow.5901

Yes I agree an ETA would be nice to know. I finally after a month of waiting, got where I could finish my WvW maps for Map Completion today, and low and behold now I cannot get the title because of this PoI.

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Thank you for posting this! I was going to last night, but I wasn’t sure if it was just me.

It is definitely inaccessible.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

tried to get to it from above … you get teleported in front of the house as soon as you are too close to it -.-

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Says a lot about their testing when all that would have been required to discover this bug is to go there just once. It’s not just bad testing. It’s zero testing.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Posted by: lord painn.4782

lord painn.4782

so when is arenanet gonna fix the poi in divinity reach u cant access it at all

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Perhaps you can’t, I have never had any problems with any of them in Divinity’s Reach.

• Include image, name, area/quadrant of the zone, what is keeping you from getting it if you would like help with your issue.
| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: IsmertIdegen.2401

IsmertIdegen.2401

ANet already answered this on another topic; a fix is planned, but no info on when it’s gonna be put in.

Iruwen.3164

Perhaps you can’t, I have never had any problems with any of them in Divinity’s Reach.

• Include image, name, area/quadrant of the zone, what is keeping you from getting it if you would like help with your issue.

You should check your map, specifically the top left corner where it says Map Completion – POI 721/722. Then try to get the last one in Divinity’s Reach and come back.

Liz.5921

It’s new. Also, I am not the only person who was having the issue as you can see above.

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.

Liz.5921

ANet already answered this on another topic; a fix is planned, but no info on when it’s gonna be put in.

I posted this yesterday. Afterwards I had noticed there were already multiple posts up about it.

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.

Posted by: HandsxOfxSorrow.5901

HandsxOfxSorrow.5901

Still no word on when they are fixing it?

Posted by: toxianguardian.4850

toxianguardian.4850

It’s not a bug. It is intentionally blocked off. Even if one were to magiclly flow through the gate, one would be teleported back out of it.
I suspect that it is a location of one of the ‘suspects’ from the new achievements for the living story. So just wait for that part of the living story to open.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It’s not a bug. It is intentionally blocked off. Even if one were to magiclly flow through the gate, one would be teleported back out of it.
I suspect that it is a location of one of the ‘suspects’ from the new achievements for the living story. So just wait for that part of the living story to open.

It’s one of the living stories characters’ mansions. You can find out who by reading the achievement titles.

StinVec.3621

@Iruwen
@Liz

Just wanted to clear this up a tad. Apparently this has become a [merged] thread of other threads related to this new poi that is not bugged but is not an active part of the event yet and the mod who merged it did not add [MERGED] to the thread title. My initial response was to a thread that included no information whatsoever, and simply stated that there was a bugged POI and when would it be fixed yet did not include any information about what POI. As I thought they meant an actual bugged POI, and not the one that is not permitted access as yet due to that aspect of the event not being active yet, I gave a bit of a snippy response about how they should’ve included information if they would actually like help solving their issue. I know this probably didn’t need my explaining, just felt like doing it anyway as I had a minute free. I’ll try to not be as snippy in my responses and be nicer about mentioning what they could do to better their chances of getting help in the future.

Also, Meep owes me 10g or 4 feathers…and Muggo cheats.
Looking forward to the mystery aspect of the events. TY Anet.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

StinVec.3621

What’s more, I spotted a ‘sewer gate’ next to the new POI. I’m pretty sure it is part of the new content. But still, I also believe the POI is bugged.

I would like to mention that this sewer with eerie sounds has been there since the game went live, though maybe it will now have an interesting purpose and be used in the upcoming content.

Posted by: Throsh.8930

Throsh.8930

For the past week I have been going hard at it for World Completion… I was saving Divinity’s Reach for my last area to complete.
I cannot complete DR now because I need the new 21 POI!!!!

How lucky am I, a day before I finally finished world exploration you guys implement a new (inaccessible) POI…

98%…..

Imperium.9056

For the past week I have been going hard at it for World Completion… I was saving Divinity’s Reach for my last area to complete.
I cannot complete DR now because I need the new 21 POI!!!!

How lucky am I, a day before I finally finished world exploration you guys implement a new (inaccessible) POI…

98%…..

dont feel bad, all i needed was one vista in WvW. i get that the other day,
thinking im all done for world 100%, and i get the loot, and realize no achiev, no title.
so it was very anti-climat….ic

and that very same day, they added the new POI, and its just basically waiting it out now.

lets hope they fix this soon

(edited by Imperium.9056)

Iruwen.3164

@Iruwen
@Liz

Just wanted to clear this up a tad. Apparently this has become a [merged] thread of other threads related to this new poi that is not bugged but is not an active part of the event yet and the mod who merged it did not add [MERGED] to the thread title. My initial response was to a thread that included no information whatsoever, and simply stated that there was a bugged POI and when would it be fixed yet did not include any information about what POI. As I thought they meant an actual bugged POI, and not the one that is not permitted access as yet due to that aspect of the event not being active yet, I gave a bit of a snippy response about how they should’ve included information if they would actually like help solving their issue. I know this probably didn’t need my explaining, just felt like doing it anyway as I had a minute free. I’ll try to not be as snippy in my responses and be nicer about mentioning what they could do to better their chances of getting help in the future.

Also, Meep owes me 10g or 4 feathers…and Muggo cheats.
Looking forward to the mystery aspect of the events. TY Anet.

Acknowledged and roger, not your fault

Posted by: Isaboue.2946

Isaboue.2946

I was able to get the poi in eastern commons by just going up the stairs in front of the building to the iron gate. The poi is called “The Dead End”

Liz.5921

I was able to get the poi in eastern commons by just going up the stairs in front of the building to the iron gate. The poi is called “The Dead End”

Glad to know it’s fixed now.

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.

Posted by: Throsh.8930

Throsh.8930

wooo good to hear, logging in now! well done ANET

Posted by: Streambeta.3694

Streambeta.3694

The POI is fixed now for anyone you still needs it.

Posted by: Scootir.9604

Scootir.9604

I was able to get the POI by running along the road in front of the POI, and coming across a steps which lead to a locked gate. when i reached the gate I got the POI.

Posted by: BusterGuts.3056

BusterGuts.3056

I was able to get the POI by running along the road in front of the POI, and coming across a steps which lead to a locked gate. when i reached the gate I got the POI.

Yep it’s fixed.

[KDMF]BusterGuts78
http://kdmfclan.com
Ehmry Bay

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Actually, that POI is where the entrance is located for the tavern we have to visit to do the quest for this next phase of the Dragon Bash.