No Karma gain from Renown Heart events

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Zynnix.3408

Zynnix.3408

Thank god the forums are up, now I can see how many other players are experiencing the same issue.

I have been unable to gain karma from renown heart events since about the second day of headstart. This issue is account wide and effects all of my characters. Upon the completion of a Heart event I get no “contribution medal” pop up, but I do get an achievement progress towards all the renown hearts in that zone. I also get xp, I’m not sure if it’s for the achievement progress, or for completing the event. There is no change in my karma totals though before and after one of these events. The only way I can actually attain karma at this point is through dynamic world events, which do pop up with the contribution medals, and award me karma as normally.

This pocket change amount of karma has been enough to sustain me to this point with levelling my cooking and patching up my character with occassional gear upgrades, but I would really love to be able to earn karma again properly.

So, to Arenanet who has deemed not to answer my ticket correctly already once, I am simply making you aware of the issue once again. To the players however I would like to ask if any of you are experiencing the same issue. It’s quite a frustrating one, and I haven’t seen any public acknowledgment of it’s existence as of yet.

I don’t know what would cause this, but I can attempt to reason my way through a solution. If you look at the total karma I’ve earned, total amount I’ve spent, and the number of renown heart events I’ve completed, you’ll hopefully be able to see the difference in numbers there and ideally you would be able to get me that missing karma back.

I’m not sure if posting my specific ticket in question in this thread would be against the rules, so I’ll hold off on that for now, but if you need any additional info, trust me I’m all effin’ ears. Been trying to get this solved for quite a while.

Posted by: Braiks.3194

Braiks.3194

Who told you hearts give karma? They don’t.

Posted by: Routine.6194

Routine.6194

What Braiks said and also you don’t get a medal popup when you complete a heart. Just some exp and a popup that lets you know you finished it.

Zynnix.3408

I was gaining karma from them in the beta just fine, and also everyone else I’ve talked to is also gaining karma as normal from them. You must be having the same issue. See the problem with this little bug is that it happened so early that new players thought it was just how the game worked, so people don’t even know that it is an issue unless they played before it happened. As I said, on the second day of headstart this happened. Everything was normal day one. This is getting interesting. I wonder what caused it. o_O

Posted by: mightus.2189

mightus.2189

lol i just made a post about this b4 i noticed 1 was already up

mightus.2189

and i was getting karma from them the other day

Posted by: Routine.6194

Routine.6194

“Once a heart is completed, players are rewarded with experience and receive mail from an NPC expressing gratitude and containing money.” <- From the official wiki. It says nothing about karma. I also don’t remember gaining karma from hearts in beta, but it could be just my memory failing me. Are the people you talked to really gaining karma from hearts or did they mistook them for DEs?

mightus.2189

im sure u get karma from the hearts tbh as i was getting loads the other day and hardly done any of the world events and what is the use of the karma boosters if u dont get from hearts? surely there isnt that many world events u can do in an hour to make it justible?

Zynnix.3408

Yes I’m quite certain. I bought a lot of that cheap WvW gear in the beta with karma I’d earned from renown hearts. Plus it was actually working for me in live on the first day, but on the second day it just sort of disappeared, and I could only get it via dynamic events.

The whole concept of karma is based around renown heart events because the idea is when you help out the npc, you gain karma points for your efforts. You can see Arenanet talking about the whole concept of it in some of their blog posts and videos leading up to release. If you aren’t gaining them like me, then you’re encountering the same issue.

Posted by: Marsh.7214

Marsh.7214

This was already answered here.

“Karma is currently only earned from Dynamic Events (the Orange colored titles/markers on the map – not including Skill Challenge events).”

Edit: also here.

“In earlier Betas, they did give Karma, but it has been a long time since we took that out.”

(edited by Marsh.7214)

Zynnix.3408

Wow. Ok, well they may want to look into the bug of people still earning karma from renown heart events then because some of my friends definitely are with their tens of thousands of karma.

Also it’s very confusing to be a beta player and then have a drastic change like this without saying anything. Maybe you guys should have posted something about it? Kind of upset that I’ve been wasting the last two weeks with customer service for nothing…

Posted by: Braiks.3194

Braiks.3194

I’m pretty sure noone can gain karma from hearts right now, maybe you are confused since some hearts overlap with dynamic events and they gain karma from those events. I’m 59 lvl and have 26k karma and not once did i gain from a heart.

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

This is funny. Hearths do not give karma anymore yet completing a heart turn corresponding NPC into karma merchant? See the karma icon on a completed hearth.

Zynnix.3408

This is funny. Hearths do not give karma anymore yet completing a heart turn corresponding NPC into karma merchant? See the karma icon on a completed hearth.

Yeah it’s like they scrapped their whole original concept because players were gaining too much Karma instead of just fixing the levels awarded…

Well… as much as they won’t like to cooperate, I’m now going to attempt to get my friends to submit a bug report about gaining karma from renown heart events. Because like it or hate it, everyone’s gotta have an even playing field here.