DiamondMeteor.8345

12 months. ~3900 hours. Nothing.

Attachments:

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

No birthday gift at 12 months

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: sakurals.7143

sakurals.7143

My boyfriend and i created our characters the same day and time, but i received the gift and he not yet.

Posted by: Ryhpez.7692

Ryhpez.7692

Character created within the 1st 15min of the headstart going live. /age shows 12mths old. No present.

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

I have characters I made all on launch day, recieved 1 Birthday gift and the rest have received nothing.

I have come to expect faults with new content now.
Nothing is ever completely ready when the introduce it.
They seem to prefer releasing poor content and apologizing rather than taking the time to do things properly.
Once upon a gw1 they did things right.

Posted by: Reave.2701

Reave.2701

My main character was made minutes after headstart started and still no gift.

Posted by: Elliyana.8936

Elliyana.8936

I also haven’t received the birthday gift.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ghost.2079

Ghost.2079

Same here, headstart, been listed as “12 months” and still no gift.

Posted by: Verskirr.3961

Verskirr.3961

I also did not receive my gift

Posted by: Vocadi.4652

Vocadi.4652

None of my characters which were created during head start have received a gift. My husband who started at the same time as me has however. Hope the gifts come soon

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

Same here, created characters within minutes of the game going live for head start, and have yet to receive a single birthday gift.

Posted by: Pizza Delivery.4207

Pizza Delivery.4207

I created 8 characters in headstart on the first day. I got 7 of the 8 birthday gifts. Interestingly, the one I missed out on was an alt not my main. I had hardly played the alt at all over the last year but pulled it out that day and when the Birthday gifts were given, this is the one I missed out on.

Most of you were saying it was your main that missed out on the Present… Did you happen to be playing that character when the gifts were given?

Posted by: Queen Seravat.4217

Queen Seravat.4217

I have not gotten mine either @12 months on main

./seravat

Posted by: Calyptica.6758

Calyptica.6758

Same here. My main character was made 1 minute after headstart started and still no gift. My other characters got their gift, but not my oldest one.

Posted by: deepkumar.1230

deepkumar.1230

just started 2 months ago so i should wait 10 months for bgift right??

9 toons all 80s waiting for a new race and class

Posted by: MissyMI.7295

MissyMI.7295

Same issue here. My main character which I created first did not get her birthday gift but one of my alts did. Her age is 12 months and she’s a ranger.

My boyfriend has the exact same problem. First character he created and the class is also a ranger – no gift.

Posted by: Arogknar.1937

Arogknar.1937

My brother (Migkno.5381) and me are having the same problem. We’ve been playing since the headstart and still no gift at all. :ยด(

Posted by: Arus.1482

Arus.1482

12 months old, made character in the first 2 minutes of headstart to create the guild I still lead. No gift

Posted by: Whitey.3716

Whitey.3716

another one to add to this pile made my main shortly after head start launched no birthday gift

Posted by: Wadeamis the brave.4320

Wadeamis the brave.4320

I am in the same boat. Made my main day one and I still have not received my gift. Has any one heard anything official on this yet?

Posted by: PurebladeProductions.4875

PurebladeProductions.4875

Same person that tweeted to the GW2 twitter; been a day since my main character’s birthday now, still no birthday gift for him

Pureblade – Maelstrom Warriors [MW] – Gandara (EU)
8/9 Professions, Asura Guardian main.

Posted by: Kallist.5917

Kallist.5917

All of my friends have gotten theirs. Ive been sitting at 12 months for over 24 hours now, and still no gift. Really feeling left out now. The fact that Anet has yet to even reply to this thread makes me wonder if its going to be one of those things they just ignore like the GW2 CE items I never got. Sure were willing to take my extra 20 dollars though, wern’t you? -_- Pricks..

Posted by: Death.7564

Death.7564

Received the birthday gift on my alt, but have not gotten it on my first character/main. /age states over 12 months, yay for bugs

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Same problem here.

Posted by: Ampris.5321

Ampris.5321

my main has also not received her bday present, but my other characters (all made on day 1) have.

the only thing i can think of is makeover kit.

makeover kit ‘reset’ birthday because its considered a new char?

Posted by: EmoxiHaX.1726

EmoxiHaX.1726

same boat
i made this character 2 minutes after servers opened, i was running to queensdale while my buddy was still customizing and he got his already.

blegh

Attachments:

Posted by: Airwolf.7382

Airwolf.7382

my main has also not received her bday present, but my other characters (all made on day 1) have.

I Did use it… But it would be quite bad if it did,

Posted by: ConfusedDave.4271

ConfusedDave.4271

Same problem here. The alt I created on the first day has received a gift, but my main who was created earlier has not.

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

I to have received no birthday present on my main, but only one of my alts has. These characters were created within minutes of the headstart beginning to lock in our reserved character names from GW1. A friend of mine whom I was in vent with and created his characters at the same time as me has received his gifts. So there is definitely a bug.

But for all of those who are using this to make up hyperbole about Anet always messing things up and not testing, well, you who claim this must not have ever played any other games. ALL major games have bugs when new content is released. It’s simply the nature of the beast. And so far GW2’s bugs have been minor when compared to other MMO’s of comparable size and complexity and they have been quick to resolve them. Yes, I too wish we would have heard something by now, but this has happened over the weekend. If nothing is said today, then I will begin to wonder, but until then, it’s just something to report.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Evoneva Drakon.1754

Evoneva Drakon.1754

same here, 2 characters made on headstart, alt got present main did not.

Have used hair dye kit on main.

Posted by: allart.3746

allart.3746

I created 5 charachters at Headstart but only a 3 of them got the present and it was the same mini (quenn Jenna).. very disappointing!

Posted by: oliverstoned.2695

oliverstoned.2695

Did anyone else use a Total Makeover Kit, Self-Style Hair Kit or Name Change Contract on the character missing his Birthday Gift?

I used the Self-Style Hair Kit on my 12 month old character and got no gift.

Posted by: PurebladeProductions.4875

PurebladeProductions.4875

Did anyone else use a Total Makeover Kit, Self-Style Hair Kit or Name Change Contract on the character missing his Birthday Gift?

I used the Self-Style Hair Kit on my 12 month old character and got no gift.

I used a Total Makeover Kit on my 12 month old main character and got no gift either. I don’t think this would cause problems though since /age still shows 12 months for that character.

Pureblade – Maelstrom Warriors [MW] – Gandara (EU)
8/9 Professions, Asura Guardian main.

Posted by: Eyelusion.8205

Eyelusion.8205

12 months old on my main character too and no gift yet.

Yesterday morning my character said 11 months and others were all getting their gifts. About 3 hours later, 12pm pst (server time for Sanctum of Rall), my character said 12 months old.

I didn’t use a name change, no makeover or hair kit.

My friends are getting a level boost to level 20 for any character and some other cool things. It would be nice if everyone got them within a few hours of each other instead of just seeing all the links in guild chat. /sigh

I just looked up my email and my registration for head start along with my name.number were made on 8/15/12 so I could get into headstart.

Hopefully it’s just anet being slow at handing them out?

Ele’s Pwn J00!

(edited by Eyelusion.8205)

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Makeover Kits are NOT the problem. I have used Total Makeovers on several characters from back when they were first introduced to as recently as a couple months ago. No problems because of that.

I created all 8 of my characters (one of each Profession) on day one of the Headstart, and kept all of them precisely because of birthday presents. (I played GW1 since the Betas too, and figured they would carry on the tradition in a similar fashion).

One of my characters (my MAIN character, in fact) did not get a Birthday present. I might have had a full mailbox at the initial mailing, but I don’t now. I have tried logging completely out of the game. I have tried zoning. Still no present.

I’m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Thank you, ANet, for giving us anything at all. But I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with 7 Account-Bound Jennahs (8 if my Main ever gets his). And after a full year, I don’t have any characters below 20th level. So at least get me that Booster, please. (And fix the tooltip to let us know how long they last).

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Yep, my main (created on day -3) still didn’t get his gift as of 9ish hours ago. I saw someone get theirs on Sat evening (~6pm EST) and they said their /age still showed 11 months. My alts all have some more time to hit their bdays, so I can’t confirm what seems to be a “first born problem” of alts getting their presents but not the first character. I don’t care that I didn’t get it on time, as long as I eventually get it.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I also have not received any gifts, despite my main having been created in headstart. Some folks have mentioned makeover kits resetting the creation date, though it still says over 12 months on mine— just no presents. :< <3

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: AriaSilverfyre.8702

AriaSilverfyre.8702

I haven’t gotten my bday gift either on my first character. I seem to have gotten it on the alt I made within a few hours of that first character, however.

Guild Leader of ’"The Gryphons Aerie [REST]": A PvE/RP family
Join Us – http://www.thegryphonsaerie.com

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

no gifts for me either, though my gf got hers. I have cleared my emails and I am passed the age mark. What gives? Please respond on this Anet.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

No gift on my main either. I have three characters I created at launch, and only one received the gift. The one I had not even logged in yet since creation.

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Nothing…………..

Attachments:

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

Posted by: Special K.8143

Special K.8143

I’m in the same boat.

I have 8 characters, all made within the first 3 hours of the 3 day head start. Only 7 of the 8 have received their B-day present. My main toon did not. I was playing her at the time that 1 year clicked by. Closed my client, logged back in, still nothing. Lots of people on Reddit saying the samething.

Posted by: Munkee.3542

Munkee.3542

Throw my name into the hat too. Created within 2 minutes of the servers launching and still no gift.

Attachments:

Mesmer
Pinnacle Of Responsibility [Mom] – Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Kylindra.1794

Kylindra.1794

I got my gift on one of my alts. My main, who I created within minutes of launch, hasn’t gotten it yet.

Posted by: Sonoris.2301

Sonoris.2301

Same issue here – made within minutes of launch but no gift.

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

Yeah, no gift for me too although my character is 12 months old

Posted by: The Hermit.3542

The Hermit.3542

Adding my name to the list. I checked all my characters where /age reports 12 months and none of them have gifts.

Baron Von Fur
Charr Engineer
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Solidor.4876

Solidor.4876

Same here. ~3000 hours, 12 months.

Posted by: Lysander Night.3150

Lysander Night.3150

same here.

8 alts created on august 25th first day of headstart. all /age 12 months. My main did not receive a birthday gift my other 7 did.

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Sign me up on this list. 2 characters created during headstart – no gifts on either of them.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk