Norn Arm animation broken.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Madzy.1430

Madzy.1430

Hi madzy here,

I recently created a female norn and something has been bothering me.
When ever my female norn does /dance,/cry (or any action that require the arms to move) the arm animation goes all nuts.

Its like the hand and arms of the norn are twisted around a couple of times and totaly doesn’t look good (its like if you would twist a fexible toy’s arms and legs, that kind of look).
I placed an attachment on this post with a screenshot if you don’t understand what i mean :P (look at the arms on it)

I was just wondering if this was in the game like this from the start, just recently from a patch or something wrong on my end.
If its a problem on my end, could anyone help me out to solve this animation problem.
If its not on my end but more people have the same problem, could you please fix the animation problem.
Would improve the look and the game for me (and maybe other female norn players alot)

Anyway thanks for having the time to read/respond to my post.
Hope i get a reaction soon :P

Madzy put.

Attachments:

Posted by: Madzy.1430

Madzy.1430

Bump. (since is still haven’t got a respond from anyone)

Posted by: VeronicanPlay.1945

VeronicanPlay.1945

This is not your end it is definitely something that came after a patch or something.

My Female Norns arm does the exact same thing, and it’s not only with dancing, the arm also twists when you do the kick dirt into a hole animation, even the idle animation with a rifle makes the arm become distorted.

(edited by VeronicanPlay.1945)

Posted by: Maz.8604

Maz.8604

Bump for great justice.

Attachments:

Posted by: Galatea.8263

Galatea.8263

Well, considering the haven’t fixed the Asuran “periscope neck” yet, don’t expect a fix any time soon. Fixing stuff like this is obviously not a high priority…

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Just updating that this issue seems to have been fixed.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

VeronicanPlay.1945

Not completely fixed yet.

Attachments:

StinVec.3621

Previously it was the wrist/forearm that was being…deflated, and that was for all female Norn and only during /dance or throwing animations.

Your screenshot seems to show you as being in a combat stance and it appears that it is now affecting the upper right arm. I’ve tried to reproduce the issue with my female Norn, but I could not.

• What gloves are you wearing?
  • What rifle is that you are wielding?

Perhaps it is one of those items specifically that is causing the issue now. If you’d like to include all other gear you have equipped, including a back item, that’d probably be really helpful.

Attachments:

(edited by StinVec.3621)

VeronicanPlay.1945

Previously it was the wrist/forearm that was being…deflated, and that was for all female Norn and only during /dance or throwing animations.

Your screenshot seems to show you as being in a combat stance and it appears that it is now affecting the upper right arm. I’ve tried to reproduce the issue with my female Norn, but I could not.

• What gloves are you wearing?
  • What rifle is that you are wielding?

Perhaps it is one of those items specifically that is causing the issue now. If you’d like to include all other gear you have equipped, including a back item, that’d probably be really helpful.

This only happens when you are wielding a rifle, having it out and leaving her idle. She will lift it up for a few second and look from side to side. When she takes the rifle down again the arm deflates and inflates again.

Tried all sorts of armour, and rifles and the result is the same. Even tried looking at Sylvari and Human but the glitch is not there, only the Norn.

StinVec.3621

Very nice. So it is only with the rifle and during the idle animation with it drawn.
I made a new Norn and tested it and saw the issue first hand. I’ll record a video of it shortly and attach it for others and devs to see, though your method of reproduction is very quick and easy to do if others want to see first hand as well.

edit
Added video. Also going to post it to the Issues with character art, weapons, or armor thread.

(edited by StinVec.3621)